Suggestion: Subforum for guides

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this suggestion?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Undecided/Abstain/Indifferent
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: Suggestion: Subforum for guides

Postby nickjr » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:38 am

-nudges to the first page-

Some of the popular guides around this time of year are the Pets Based Off The Reindeer and Pet/item/GUPPS design archive guides. I keep forgetting about them because they are (understandably) not in the CS Events board and they keep getting swept away in CS Discussion since it's not like people are constantly posting in those threads. Having a Guides board would mean that these would be near the top around this time of year and therefore a lot more easier to find (and remember) (and discover)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Bump, even though we have the Guide Index I still think a new board would be nice so that we don't have guides in the CS Discussion board (..... I mean, we can discuss things on guides, but generally those discussions are guide-related, which is more of a logistical thing than a CS thing if that makes sense??)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Nudges thread up down left right
I’m gonna move my feet tonight
I’m gonna show my funky side like nobody’s watching

if you get the reference, I love you

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:21 am

support!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am

Support!

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:28 am

oooh yes i love this idea, support! ^^
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 am

If I count ONLY the guides that cannot be argued with (like the pet name guides) and not the guides that are kinda arguable or more like projects (like the Rares List and the new Lists), and ignoring the stickies, then there are currently 23 guides in the first four pages of CS Discussion.

That’s 23/94 non-sticky threads. And who knows how many more got buried.

So right now literally almost 1/4 of the 94 most recent non-sticky CS Discussion threads are guides. This isn’t even counting the contentious threads or project threads—the number is of threads that have or could have a CS Wiki version.

Can we get them out of “CS Discussion” and into their own board please? At least the ones that have a version or a pending version on the CS Wiki?

Edited because my mental math failed.

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:13 am

Support if I haven’t already
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:39 pm

I guess maybe a lot of guides have been getting created recently because of recent user-driven events, but this kinda seems to be the case in general whenever something new happens or a certain season rolls around and someone realizes there's a guide gap that could be filled.

Maybe a counter to this suggestion is that it might encourage users to make unnecessary guides or frivolous guides or something.

I don't really have a counter to that.

I just really think informational guides can go into a dedicated Guides board, especially with how many we have (a LOT), instead of staying in "CS Discussion"

And it would make searching for certain guides a LOT easier for those of us who are have a bit of CS search-fu (I explained the current issue with this already in the first post: searching within topic titles also picks up question threads and duplicate guides; searching within first posts picks up all the threads that link to other guides lolol it's Bad)

And this has precedent! Other forums for games or game-like sites I've been on have had dedicated Guides boards. It's gotten to the point where I kinda expect a Guides board in a forum for a game or a game-like site now...

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:53 pm

casual bump

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me