Ability To Disable Trade Suggestions

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Ability To Disable Trade Suggestions

Postby Kiyomice » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 pm

I lose my mind every time I get a "suggestion" sent to me in a trade. Almost half of the people who have rules include "Do not send me suggestions" in their list.
Despite these rules, people continue to send others trades as suggestions, and this will never end with the current functions of this website.

With this in mind, it would be amazing if we could have a box that could be ticked that said:
"Don't allow players to send me suggestions."

It would go right along with the other tick boxes we already have in our trade settings. Then people would no longer be able to send you suggestions, and this persistent, very common problem could be solved.
Last edited by Kiyomice on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Disable Ability For People To Send Trade Suggestions

Postby mercuryyy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:11 pm

support!~
mercuryyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormowalf » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 pm

I agree with the tick box option/solution wholeheartedly, I think it's a great idea!
However as someone who isn't really the best at rarity or trading in general, suggesting a trade is my best option on knowing really what the other person prefers
I always make sure to take a look at the person's trade rules before though!
𝔸 ℝ𝕀𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕔𝕦π•₯𝕀 π•₯π•™π•£π• π•¦π•˜π•™

xxxxx 𝕒 ℝ𝕆ℂ𝕂 π•Ÿπ• π•₯
𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕀𝕖 𝕠𝕗 π•šπ•₯𝕀 β„™π•†π•Žπ”Όβ„,
xxxxx𝕓𝕦π•₯ π•šπ•₯𝕀
β„™π”Όβ„π•Šπ•€π•Šπ•‹π”Όβ„•β„‚π”Ό

β—€texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttextβ—₯
kalons β™’οΈŽ xxx β™’οΈŽ TH
ImageImage
My name's Wren and I'm largely inactive on CS now rip
pfp credit β™’οΈŽ xxx β™’οΈŽ friendo!
β—£texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttextβ—’
Stormowalf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:46 pm

I think I'd have to say no support - people are still going to "suggest" trades somewhere in some form or another (eg. sending trades with pets only on the other person's side asking "what for this?" or sending PMs). I don't think turning off suggestions would solve this and I think it could promote even more annoying behaviour.

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go! ✦ icon
need help? ✦ guides ✦ for newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorRazorclaw » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Instant support!
I always click clickables in signatures!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WarriorRazorclaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby katiel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:32 am

Sorry but no support. I often find people on the event swap threads who want to trade one new event pet for another and many times their event trades are locked for wishlist only. Generally what happens is they want a new pet that hasn’t been added to the archive yet, so I have to send a suggestion so they can add the wishlist locked pet to their side. A lot of the time these players have a rule to not send suggestions, but doing so makes it faster for them to add the pet than requesting they set up a trade via PM. I usually apologize for going against their rules but had to to swap event pets. Most are pretty cool about this since it benefits both of us.

I feel like I’m not quite adequately explaining this but it’s really early for me so there it is. :)
Looking for recently missed pets! They're on my wishlist so please send a trade! C:
And, as always, thanks to those who help me find those missed pets! C:

katiel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:15 am

Imo, it wouldn't change much. You would still get users adding pets to your side and asking what you want for it, which I find are the most common type of suggestion as is. The only thing it would prevent are suggestions where people add a pet to their side and ask what you'll offer for it, but I've personally had very, very few people do this. It would likely also increase the amount of PMs you get from people asking about trades, which I think would be more irritating than just getting a suggestion and canceling it. No support, I don't think it would actually help.
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
β•‘β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
───┐
ImageImage
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ•‘
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆβ–ˆ
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
- πΏπ“Žπ“ƒπ‘’π“Žβ€‹
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:38 am

I like the idea/spirit, but no support

As someone else said, this wouldn't really have much of an effect as people would just add placeholder pets on the side that they would have otherwise left empty. (Although I guess it could be effective if you lock all of your groups and you disable your PMs... but if you want that situation then you probably want to look at an entirely different suggestion)

And I find that suggestions see good use now in trades such as:
> auction bidding (sometimes people prefer to lock whatever is up for auction to avoid passerby who stumble upon "omg you have an unlocked sunjewel" and ignore or unthinkingly gloss over the pet/group name)
> quantity trades where whoever is initiating the trade doesn't want to sacrifice their wrist; concrete example: quantity token auctions where the auctioneer is not looking for quantity in return--it's pretty unusual for auctioneers who are not looking for quantity to tell bidders to post pet groups with their bids, so the initiator in this situation is definitely the bidder unless the bidder goes out of their way to ask the auctioneer to initiate the trade; currently, bidders don't need to do that--they can just send a suggestion instead
> some art and offsite trades, depending on the preferences of the people involved

Although the admins can reverse trades that were accepted when they were clearly not meant to be accepted according to trade messages, I feel like adding a "No suggestions" feature would be like opening floodgates for opportunistic people to take advantage of others' trust, and even though such people can be punished when there's clear evidence, prevention >>>>>>>> treatment
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyomice » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:29 am

I would like to mention again it is a tick box, meaning if people still want people to send them suggestions, they can. It is completely optional to have it disabled.

Some people have said it won't help very much because people can use other methods, but it still would reduce the amount, even if not by 100% - making it definitely worth while to implicate.

Every single disadvantage mentioned so far in this thread could be completely avoided if people simply left their trade settings as they are. You wouldn't have to change it. This is simply an option for those who want to change it.
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:20 am

Kiyomice wrote:Every single disadvantage mentioned so far in this thread could be completely avoided if people simply left their trade settings as they are. You wouldn't have to change it. This is simply an option for those who want to change it.

This is assuming we have very few users (raw number, not %) on CS who have deviant or otherwise underdeveloped integrity.

nickjr wrote:[...] I feel like adding a "No suggestions" feature would be like opening floodgates for opportunistic people to take advantage of others' trust [...]

I assume this is one of the disadvantages you're referring to; the only way this disadvantage can be avoided if this feature were to be implemented is if these opportunistic people simply don't know about the feature (or we convince them to not be opportunistic, even if it's just because "the admins will catch you"), so... "if people simply left their trade settings as they are" just isn't gonna happen with these users

That being said, maybe the number of users who would do this is very low. I don't know how much work the mods put into dealing with users who fall into this category. If it's not that much work, then I guess this isn't a big concern, but if it's already a lot of work, then yeah
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me