I need some help with the basics

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

I need some help with the basics

Postby lailabug25 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:15 pm

I know this may fit in some other forums but just to be safe I'm putting this here
So, I need some help
I joined CS back in 2016 or so but shortly after joining I stopped logging on
Now I just recently rejoined and I'm trying to get into it

Now the stuff I need help with
First things first;
Trading
So, how does trading on this website work?
Are older pets worth more than newer pets? Are PPS worth more than normal pets?
If you were to trade a new rare pet for a old common pet would it be fair? If you were to trade 2 uncommon for 1 rare would it be fair?
I just need to know the basics of trading

Next;
Art and C$
Do people sell art in this website/media? Like DeviantArt?
Is 100 C$ equal to 1$, 10$ or 100$?
Could you exchange C$ for real money?

Last but not least;
Coding/Signatures
How do people code signatures?
And
Why do people do signatures?

Sorry if this has a weird layout, this is my first time writing a topic thing so- yeah
I'd appreciate it if you could answer any of my questions!
lailabug25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I need some help with the basics

Postby Lacuna » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello, welcome back!

First of all, you may find this Newbie Guide helpful: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1455607&hilit=guide+index

You can view an in depth guide to trading here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2066303
    But for the basics, if someone has a pet you want available for trade you can click "Trade with me" on their profile or underneath their forum avatar. You will be presented with a screen where you can see their trading rules and select things to add to both sides of the trade. Then, you can write them a message and ask them to accept the trade as it is, or edit it and send it back to you. You'll see all your trades in your trading center here: trades/tradingcenter.php
    - Older pets are generally considered more valuable than newer pets. Even if they are the same rarity, there are likely less of the older pet out in people's trading groups.
    - PPS pets are not inherently worth more than other pets, but they're "cute" so people do often tend to value them more personally.
    - Trading rares for older commons/uncommons might be fair in some situations, as might trading several uncommons for a rare! If you need specific help with a trade like this, you can ask in the fair trade thread: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3971508

People do sell art on CS, we have a board for advertising art sales here: Forum/viewforum.php?f=21 . Art here is sold for C$, pets, items, etc. We do not allow real money sales, but deviantART points are okay!

100 C$ is equal to between 5 or 6 dollars. It is commonly accepted that 19 C$ equals $1 (you get a discount when you buy larger amounts of C$ so it does vary slightly) you can see the real money prices for C$ here: payments/topup
    Once you buy it or trade for it, C$ cannot be exchanged for real money. We do not allow any kind of real money transactions between users.

People like signatures because they allow them to express their personality and interests, and often show off art or links to other places to find them (but please be aware that we have rules about what you can share, you shouldn't be linking to anywhere that breaks CS rules, including sharing your age, real name, location, etc. or any content that is not appropriate for children).
    - There is a great guide to help you code your own signature here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3517090 and users also offer free signatures or have "signature shops" that are like art shops, but sell signature coding! You can view that board here: Forum/viewforum.php?f=102 . I personally have some free signatures, you can check them out here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3372930

If you have any more questions just let us know!
Lacuna
Roleplay Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I need some help with the basics

Postby axelandria » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:00 am

you can also check out the adopt a newbie thread, where you can have a more experienced member "adopt" you and teach you the basics and how to use and have fun on this site!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist