abandoned batch - #2386 by milo.

Based on Click to view
Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

abandoned batch - #2386

Postby milo. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:21 pm

is the desire to be free a contagious disease?

another D:BH based! this one is based off Alice!

this will be an easy competition! just describe to me their favourite toy/stuffed animal in any way you see fit
      it can be art or writing

no word count, as this will be quality over quantity c:

username: corrosive_limes
      name: Guinevere "Jeneva" Ai Camarin

this comp will end on December 17th

username:
      name:
      what is their favourite toy/stuffed animal?
Last edited by milo. on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: abandoned batch - #2386

Postby Prince Audric » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

username: Prince Audric
name: Heather
what is their favorite toy/stuffed animal? There favorite toy of all time was this bumble ball she has, She loves to turn it on, lay on her pack and hold it in all four paws as it shakes, she always pretends that she's flying or sledding down a snow bank on her back.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:35 pm

username: Maxy Max
name: Isadora
what is their favourite toy/stuffed animal? Her favourite stuffed animal is a cute Stitch, she goes everywhere with it. She always keeps it by her side.
It's her favourite because she has had it since she was born, and with everything that has happened to her, it's the only thing keeping her feeling safe and protected.
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crackerbox_palace » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:02 pm

mark
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saberblush » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm

username: LEEaboo
name: Vivian

Vivian has a tight bond with her plush bunny Hershey

WIP Yeeeet!!
Last edited by Saberblush on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saberblush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:50 pm

Tea with a plus his that looks like Curio because she loves magic.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby riptides » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:26 pm

username: wintertheparakeet
name: Sakura
what is their favourite toy/stuffed animal? Sakura loves this one blue budgie plush that he got from his mother. He likes to tuck it inside his scarf and carry it with him everywhere he goes. Most viscets think that he is weird because of this, but he doesn't really care. The plush is worn out from all his playing with it, but he loves his as if it's still a new toy.
░▒▓████████▓▒░
╔════════════════════╗
asher | he him | filipino x
⭐ ☾ 1437 ☽ ⭐xx
╚════════════════════╝
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▒░
▒░
▒░

riptides

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:41 pm

I am HERE for an adorable PPS comp, yes please

username: Knickknacks
name: Alina
~*~
Another roll of the dice, another flick of the wrist, another imperceptible gust that lifted the number she wanted to the top. Alina was well-practiced enough to hide her glee behind a giddy childish grin, accepting her winnings with a polite thank-you and a smaller, sweeter smile.

And she was off, strolling down the roughened side streets of the city, dilapidated buildings stretching up and around her in familiar crooked shapes. Alina had grown up on these streets- she knew every shortcut and hiding place there was to know about. Though still a child, her innocence had been lost from that first winter, when she found her dice and began honing her craft, her trade, her game.

- - -

It started out as mere luck- the dice seemed to favor Alina. But before long she realized there was something more to it, something drawing up those gusts on still, humid days and those gentle breezes that set them spinning the right way. Alina was an air mage- albeit a weak one, but strong enough to push and pull and turn the faces of her dice to her advantage. She doesn’t cheat all the time- Alina has enough of a sense of pride to want a fair game most of the time- but when the stakes are high or she’s short on resources she’ll resort to using her power without hesitation.

Though she was a street urchin, without much of a home and few comforts, if pressed Alina would likely point to her dice- two smooth, neatly etched wooden cubes- as her favorite ‘toy.’ Not one that was played with lightly, but something she enjoyed nonetheless.

- - -

For a pair found on the cramped streets of a roughened city, Alina’s dice are quite a piece of craftsmanship. She’s still not sure exactly who made them, but their wood surface is smooth and shiny, with neatly carved numbers on each of the faces. They’re perfectly weighted, as well- Alina always allows those she plays against to hold and feel the dice beforehand to make sure of this fact. Though they’re a useful tool, Alina does find them quite beautiful, and treasures them more than she’d readily admit.
Last edited by Knickknacks on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm

username: corrosive_limes
    name: Guinevere "Jeneva" Ai Camarin

word count ; 1,997
------"C'mon Paris, race you to the creek!" the pink and white Viscling bounded ahead of the two trailing behind her and raced off into the woods.
------"Hey no fair!" Paris cried as he gave chase. "You had a head start!"
------"Is too fair! You know the forest better than I do, I deserve a head start!"
------"Children, don't get too far ahead!" Evan called after them. He shook his head and sighed softly as they sped away before continuing after them at a slightly more hurried pace.
------The two Visclings ran deeper and deeper into the forest, dodging through bushes and leaping over fallen trees as they raced to be the first one to the stream. The sound of flowing water greeted Jeneva's ears and she pushed herself harder, paws pounding against the ground. She would not lose!
------The ground was slick with mud and the scent of wet foliage hung in the air from recent rains. The thought briefly crossed Jennie's mind that it seemed like the creek was much louder than before but she immediately dismissed the thought.
------She heard Paris's paw steps and panting behind her as she burst triumphantly through the brush lining the shore of the creek. Immediately she realized that the once peaceful stream was now a raging rapid, flooded from the rains.
------Right as she skidded to shore she heard her spirit guide Ilumi's voice ring out in her mind, "Guinevere! The rocks!"
------Jeneva realized too late that the boulders on the bank were coated with a layer of water from the mist thrown up by the river and were way too slick to stop on at speed. Panicked, she frantically backpedaled in a desperate attempt to stop, but it was too little too late and she skidded directly into the flooded stream. She heard Paris yell, "JEN!" a split second before she dropped beneath the surface.
------The freezing water was a shock to her system and she immediately felt her mind cloud with cold. The force of the river promptly knocked all the air from her lungs. "Come on Guinevere! You must swim!" Ilumi's voice echoed in her mind. Her legs felt like lead, weighed down by freezing cold as she numbly struggled to swim to the surface and catch a gasp of air.
------The flood was merciless, barely allowing her a second to breathe before dragging her under again. The helpless Viscling tumbled downstream as she tried to stay afloat.
------A strange force suddenly grabbed her and yanked her to the surface. It pulled her out of the water and up onto the bank. Jeneva lay coughing. She felt soft paws touching her and she looked up long enough to see Evan crouching over her with Paris looking worriedly over his shoulder before her head sank and she fell unconscious.
-------------
------"...Guinevere. Guinevere it's time to wake up. Wake up, Jeneva."
------The first thing Jeneva became aware of was Ilumi, gently prompting her. She tried to sit up and groaned at the stiffness in her joints. She still felt cold, despite the heaping pile of blankets she could feel piled on top of her. She opened her eyes and was greeted by the sight of the dimly lit living room with a fire softly crackling in the fireplace. The twin rocking chairs were cloaked by shadows as they faced the flames.
------At first she thought the chairs were empty, but after a moment she could see a dark mass laying curled up in one of them, forelegs draped over the arm. Jeneva recognized it as Paris, sleeping in the arm chair. 'He must have fallen asleep waiting for me to wake up,' she thought.
------"Indeed," Ilumi replied. "He's been extremely worried about you."
------Jeneva tried again to sit up and grunted as her legs complained. This time her attempt roused Paris who was at her side almost immediately.
------"I saw you fall in! Are you okay?"
------She could hear the worry in his voice that he was trying very poorly to hide.
------"Y-yeah? Mostly anyways. I'll be fine. Just a bit sore."
------"Well that's good." Paris breathed a sigh of relief. "Evan heard me yell. You should've seen the look on his face when he realized what happened..." he trailed off, chuckling nervously. He sighed and stayed quiet for a moment, his false cheer fading to be replaced by a look of unusual somberness. His tail flicked slightly and his ears twitched as his gaze dropped to the floor. "I...I made something for you while you were asleep. It's not very good but..."
------Paris lifted up his paws, and for the first time Jennie realized he was holding something. He offered it to her and she took it gently. It was soft, and in the dim light from the fire she could see it somewhat resembled a plush doll. It was misshapen and she could barely make out the details in the darkness of the room, but it seemed to be black and white with mismatched buttons for eyes. Rough stitching and uneven seams ran rampant across it.
------"Evan suggested I try making something to take my mind off things. I thought you might like it." He looked up at her again, a mixture of hope and nervousness in his eyes.
------"Paris, I..." she paused, completely not knowing what to say. "...It's wonderful. Thank you so much." Jeneva knew how much Paris struggled to express his emotions and interact well with others, even if he'd known them for a long time. Coming from him, such a gesture took her completely off guard.
---------"I'll cherish it forever," she promised.
-------------
------Since that day, Guinevere hasn't gone anywhere without the roughly sewn and knitted doll Paris made for her. It's one of her most prized possessions of all time, almost beyond even her scarf which she is never seen without. To her, the doll serves as a lighthearted reminder of the creek incident but also serves as a memorial of Paris's kindness and attempts to better understand those around him through empathy. She and Paris are incredibly close friends, and so having such a strong reminder of him with her wherever she is makes her feel more secure and gives her a sense of strength. The doll is fragile and not in any state to be used as a toy, but Guinevere cherishes it nonetheless.
---------
----

And there's a creepy doll
That always follows you
It's got a ruined eye
That's always open

---------
----

------Whether the doll is supposed to be a Viscet or something else is unclear. At the very least, it's bipedal. It's a patchwork mess, but the colors are more or less split to each side with the right being dark grey and the left being off-white. The button on the white side is smaller and darker while the button on the right is large, silvery, and metallic. The stitching connecting the pieces of fabric are large, uneven, and chaotic, giving it a very jagged and rough appearance. The fabric bits themselves are also mismatched scraps. Some pieces are knitted from wool, some pieces are from finer materials or shirt hems, others yet are from rags or even little bits of a fur coat. The inside is a mix of cotton, feathers, fur, and standard plush stuffing. There was a slight red stain on the left side of its chest from where Paris had accidentally pricked his paw pad while stitching and had drawn a drop of blood.
------Though Guinevere has done her best to preserve it, the doll has aged with time. The fabric has begun to come apart, the wool is fraying in places, and some of the stitching is beginning to come undone. It's left eye has begun to fall off, stuffing is beginning to come out in some places, and the pale fabric has become discolored from dust, dirt, and time. However dirty or damaged the doll might be, Jeneva would never dream of getting rid of it.
------Jeneva is a very creative child with a wild imagination and over time has given the doll its own sort of personality and she likes to pretend it can talk to her. However, that's not to say the doll is completely normal. Though she has a few other dolls and plushes as well, the one Paris made in particular stands out among the rest if only because of how unique and eccentric its personality is compared to the others. In addition to that, every so often it would appear in her dreams.
------Jeneva didn't think this too strange as she often had dreams featuring toys or objects she'd seen before that came to life in her dreams, but again the doll stood out because of how human and natural its behavior seemed. It was much deeper and complex than any other being she'd dreamt about; not nearly as shallow. It was almost as if she was talking to another person entirely. That's not even considering the fact that it would sometimes say things to her that she'd have no way of knowing the night before yet always seemed to be true once she woke up. Its behavior eerily reminded her of her guardian, Ilumi, and the way she spoke in her mind.
------There's been a handful of times where she had to go looking for it because it wasn't where she thought it should be. In the end though she simply chalked these up to her misplacing it or someone else moving it. On rare occasions when she was playing with it, she swore she could actually hear a faint whisper coming from it. Jeneva could never find anything off about it when she inspected it, so she generally brushed these instances off as the wind, someone talking in the next room over, or just her imagination.
------Never would she have ever guessed the doll was actually alive.
------What caused its sentience is still unclear, but the fact of the matter is that the doll is alive and conscient. So far, it's never shown this to Jeneva when she was awake as it was always a bit afraid of how she'd react, but it will sometimes talk to her in her dreams or will walk around when she and everyone else is asleep.
------It can enter into Viscet's dreams and can - to a small extent - predict the future. Nothing super major, usually just small things like what you'll have for breakfast tomorrow or what shirt you might pick to wear. It's not particularly skilled at either of these abilities as they're magical in nature. The doll doesn't have much control over magic, partially because of how small they physically are but also because they lack a proper soul. They only have a small, faint fragment of a very old soul that had the tenacity and determination to cling to the mortal realm for long enough to find something to inhabit.
------The doll can sometimes hear the original owner of the soul speaking in its mind, very similar to how Guinevere hears Ilumi speaking to her. However, the soul is so old that its speech patterns and its logic are sometimes difficult for the doll to understand. The soul still does its best to guide the doll where it can, and in return the doll does its best to protect the soul - although since no one really seems to be aware of the doll's sentience or the soul's presence, this isn't much of a pressing issue yet.
------Though the doll seems perfectly normal from the outside, if a bit rough and crudely designed, every so often it does still attract a suspicious or unnerved glance from nearby Viscets, almost like they can slightly sense its awareness. Even Evan feels slightly off put by it, though he's never been able to determine why and has just shrugged the feeling off as him being paranoid about a strange-looking doll. Paris, on the other hand, is completely nonchalant around the doll though he is a bit embarrassed that Jeneva takes it everywhere she goes, usually tucked into her scarf.
-------------
------The doll knows it makes other Viscets uncomfortable and it doesn't like feeling like it's lying to Jeneva by keeping it's presence a secret, but it hasn't been able to muster the courage to reveal itself. The soul knows it wants to do so, but disapproves of the idea. However, it also understands that doing so could actually end up benefiting everyone involved, but it's still unsure if the risk is worth it. Maybe one day, the doll will work up the courage to finally show Jeneva that it is alive after all.

Paris, Ilumi, and Evan belong to me
      Lyrics from Creepy Doll by Jonathon Coulton
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imagine_Ink » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 am

username: The Dragon Collector
name:Anemone