Kleptagons - Hub Thread

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Kleptagons - Hub Thread

Postby zealouzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:24 am

kel • ept • a • gon | "The Thieving Dragon"
Competitions ♠ Fanclub ♠ Archive

All we know is that they're as big as us, stronger than us, maybe even smarter than us... and that's scary.

Kleptagons are an anthropremorphic mamillian species that has evolved on a completely isolated timeline to human beings. Their ecosystem, Triassica-2 has been distinct from humans for the millions of years that followed the prehistorical mesozoic period, more specifically the early triassic and jurassic devisions. Kleptagons resemble larger forms of modern flying rodents, such as bats or sugar gliders. It is suspected that they share an early common ancestor with bats, and have just evolved beyond what was expected of them.

Kleptagons in their truest and most honest form, mean absolutely no harm. They are as curious as a child, personable as an adult, and learned as a student. Kleptagons are capable of cognative thought and complex emotion, similar to a human being and are adapted to learn languages, customs and sciences like human beings are. Due to an extensive gene pool, a product of their isolation and lack of natural speciation, kleptagons have evolved and rendered normal all sorts of physical mutations such as coat pattern/colour, size, and other individual characteristics like bioluminesence! This makes them incredibly unique and diverse, and an interesting wildcard for evolutionary study.
Last edited by zealouzie on Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kleptagons - Extra Info

Postby zealouzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:24 am

June 1976, the privately funded Δ-Genesis climate program begins it's expedition in the midwest of Greenland. One of the first project's of it's kind, the paleoclimatologists at Δ-Genesis were determined to discover solutions modern and developing climate problems, that may rooted in the beginnings of our earth it's self. The president and founder of the revolutionary research company had developped a wonderous, in-depth, two year plan to drill into glaciers and observe the rich and thriving history within them. What they didn't expect to discover was Triassica-2, perhaps one of the most fascinating and well thriving isolated ecosystems on the planet earth.

A ravine, spanning miles into the planet's crust, completely and utterly sealed from the outside; Triassica-2 is your little slice of life from the Mesozoic period. It's been preserved and allowed to evolve all on it's own for millions of years.

♠ ♠ ♠

September 1988, Δ-Genesis, after being offered financial compensation by the government for their incredible and innovative research in climatology and paleontology, suffers detrimental budget cuts. The interests of the public have changed, and the company is not sure what direction to take with the information they've gathered during the passing 12 years. Not much else is disclosed about these budget cuts or about the company's fate, which leaves many conspiracy-indulgers curious about the progress of the research. Later in the year, the founder and spokesperson for Δ-Genesis declares bankrupcy. The organization is absorbed by the government.

♠ ♠ ♠

August 2007, the legendary discovery of Triassica-2 is left unpersued for the 20 years that follow it. Then, an anonymous tip forwarded to WikiLeaks gains global attention as the ravine's discovery and the downfall of Δ-Genesis returns to the mainstream. The WikiLeaks article discloses copies of transcrips suggesting the discovery of a comparitavely intelligent and cognitive species, they are nicknamed Kleptagon and are described as threatening, curious, and thieving creatures. The transcripts date back to the early 2000's, and the world media is absolutely outraged by the distrust the world goverments have had in their citizens. Animal-activist groups rage against the potential that our world leaders have been less than kind with the treatment of the newly discovered brethren. Biologists, Anthropologists and Historians alike declare that this is a crime in it's self against science and the very definition of discovery. Humanity lives in fear of what this means for us, and what else the world has to hide from it's people.

We are terrified of these aliens.
Last edited by zealouzie on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kleptagons - Terms of Service

Postby zealouzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:25 am

GENERAL wrote:
    ♠ Kleptagons, their concepts, backstory lineart and design are all a product of hard work and thinking. You may not simulate, recreate or heavily reference the species in any way, shape or form without the permission from punkopup.
    ♠ You may not make your own kleptagon without permission from punkopup.
    ♠ You may not alter your kleptagon without proper permission.
    ♠ Kleptagon may not be bought / sold unless they were:
      a) purchased from the artist who created them
      b) are of added value (additional digital or physical goods has been commissioned of them) they may only be sold for prices of equal or lesser value and the archivist MUST be notified before the sale takes place.
      NOTE that kleptagons that were adopted in a contest for free may not be resold UNLESS rule b applies.
    ♠ Kleptagons may be traded as long as the archivist is notified of the trade.
    ♠ Kleptagons may be fursonas, however you must still ensure proper credit is given to the species.
    ♠ Kleptagons may not be co-owned.
    ♠ You may own a maximum of 4 kleptagons.
    ♠ Be respectful to other members of the community, treat everyone with care and courtesy. Always maintain good sportsmanship in competitions.
    ♠ Please keep conversations on any kleptagon thread on topic and in accordance with subject matter.
    ♠ Please avoid mini-modding as much as possible.
    ♠ Please ask punkopup if you are unsure of the rules or have any questions regarding them! I’d be happy to help you out.

MYOs AND TRANSFERS wrote:
    ♠ MYO tickets will be purchasable through punkopup’s deviantart page. Price coordinates with rarity.
    ♠ Anyone is allowed to create your MYO once it has been purchased as long as it sits within the guidelines of the MYO.
    ♠ You may resell / gift your MYO ticket to another user, however the archivist must be notified about the exchange.
    ♠ Any kleptagon from the old adoption center can be transferred onto the new lineart. If a refrence is updated please let the archivist know.
      a) The transfer must first be approved by punkopup or a mod through PM.
    ♠ All kleptagons should have a refrence on one of the official linearts (oekaki or new lineart). MYOs may have additional refrences drawn, however they must also be on the official kleptagon lines.

STAFF wrote:
    ♠ All staff members are hired initially as a guest to their position and are bonded to a trial period of 2 weeks. After their trial period they may be hired in a full time position.
    ♠ Guest artists may not sell adopts for currency.
    ♠ Artists are allowed to create contests that sit within their comfort zone, however FCFS contests are strongly discouraged.
    ♠ Full time artists are allowed to sell one Kleptagon biweekly on deviantArt for points and/or currency if desired if and only if they accompany it with AT LEAST one regular adopt within the same timeframe.
      a) kleptagons being sold are to be sold on dA for a maximum of 1000 points / USD. They must have at least 1 uncommon edit.
    ♠ Guest artists and moderators recieve one unlimited uncommon MYO at the end of their trial regardless of whether they are hired as a full time staff member.
    ♠ Guest staff are allowed to gift their MYO but may not resell it.
Last edited by zealouzie on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kleptagons - Trait Guide

Postby zealouzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:25 am

ImageImage
ImageImage

Kleptagons have a vast amount of differing traits. However some traits are more standard than others.
Kleptagons have two standard-type tails and a standard-shape of tail flaps. The combinations of these standard traits are seen above. Many kleptagons have a mutagen within them that causes them to lose fur on their tail to a certain degree. This called "rat's tail" and has an appearance similar to alopecia (patchy or no fur on the tail). Rat's tail is onset at birth, the condition is permanent and fur never winds up growing on the tail.

Common Edits
Common edits do not affect the appearance of the standard kaleptagon appearance very much.
Hair, Fangs / Snaggleteeth, Heterochromia, Sclera Colour, Claws, Nose shape.

Uncommon Edits
Uncommon edits are more noticeable.
Fur Length, Pupil Shape, Wing / Tail Flap Shape, Bioluminecence, Backmane, Tail Shape, Horns / Antlers.

Rare Edits
Rare edits include mutations that severely affect the kleptagon's appearance
Natural mutations, Missing Limbs, Halo(s), Extra Eyes (6 max), Extra Tails (3 max), Magic Powers, Unnatural Growths.
Last edited by zealouzie on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.
zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kleptagons - Credits

Postby zealouzie » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 am

Owner / Creator

Archivist

Artist--------------------Mod

GUEST ARTIST APPLICATIONS wrote:
Guest artist applications are open!
Be sure to read the staff rules before applying! If you have any questions please PM punkopup. Guest artists have a trial period of two weeks in which they are allowed to make a maximum of 5 regular adopts. At the end of their term they recieve an unlimited uncommon MYO regardless as to whether they are hired in a full time position. People applying to the guest artist position must have some prior experience with character design. You must have a computer program that supports PSD layer files.
Code: Select all
[b]Guest Artist Application[/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Previous Design Experince:[/b]
[b]Previous Adopt Work Experince (+comments?):[/b]
[b]How many Kleptagons do you anticipate to make during trial (max 4):[/b]
[b]Do you have Discord?:[/b]
[b]Additional Comments (optional):[/b]

PM this form to punkopup!

GUEST MOD APPLICATIONS wrote:
Guest mod applications are open!
Be sure to read the staff rules before applying! If you have any questions please PM punkopup. Guest mods have a trial period of two weeks in which they are allowed to answer questions and regulate conversations on the kleptagon threads. At the end of their term they recieve an unlimited uncommon MYO regardless as to whether they are hired in a full time position. People applying to the guest mod position should have some prior experience with moderation.
[b]Guest Mod Application[/b]
[b]Previous Mod Work Experince (+comments?):[/b]

Note that guest mods should send a summary of their work to punkopup once their trial period ends.

ARCHVIST APPLICATIONS wrote:
Archivist applications are open!
Be sure to read the staff rules before applying! If you have any questions please PM punkopup. Archivists do not technically have a trial period, however they will be removed form staff for inactivity (unless they notify punkopup of a hiatus). Archivists recieve an unlimited uncommon MYO upon being hired. Note that being an archivist is a big responsibility and you must be active on CS to recieve this position. People applying to the guest mod position should have some prior experience with organizing threads or archiving.
[b]Archivist Application[/b]
[b]Previous Work Experince (+comments?):[/b]
[b]Activity on CS:[/b]

zealouzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist