Re: Kalon #1472 CYOS

Postby lysander » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27 pm

sorry if this is considered mini-modding, but i just wanted to point this out before people freak out/get too carried away with good luck wishes.

the contest ends at 11:59pm central time, not CS time!
you can view the current time in central here: https://time.is/CT

(dog pls correct me if im wrong! but i'm in the same timezone so i... hope i'm not LOL)

┌─────────────────────┐

lysander   he/him  about
 chronic hand pain haver
kalonsartadoptswritingtoyhouse
icon by my friend!

└─────────────────────┘
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Killawolf17 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 pm

O o p s. I didn't even think about that, my bad. Well, still, good luck to all entries so far and those still to come 😂
Killawolf17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:09 am

thank you lys for clearing up the confusion :') yes, this ends at 11:59 pm central time. that leaves you about 12 hours and 50 minutes left as of this post!
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavryk Company » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am

username: Mavryk Company
name: Riptide
story:

The waves came crashing,
On that one lonely stormy night,
Over rocks they were thrashing,
As the winter wind would bite,
A ship had set sail,
Oh how the villagers would wail,
As they waited for it to come back.

The storyteller paused, “Now this storm was the biggest to hit the land in over a hundred years. The ship sailed off before it hit the area, but they ignored warnings to stay in port until it passed. The captain was a reckless sort, see, and stubborn to boot. Now, that wasn’t to say he was ill prepared, no. He had taken precautions to help protect his crew. He cared about them, he did. But preparations mean nothing to a storm.”

On a late night watch, they sat,
Staring out over the sea,
Then a light on the waves, no it can’t,
But oh a ship it must be.

“Somehow, although the ship was sinking, it’s hull ripped apart by the wind and the waves, they had steered it back home. No one knew how it was still afloat, but one lantern was still lit on board. That small, orange light told the villagers where to look when they planned their rescue.”

And they did what no one thought they would do,
As they trudged into those waves
Oh they swam and they swam and they swam,
All the way to save you.

“This is why we hang lanterns outside our doors during storms, especially at night. This way, even though the rain is making it hard for us to see, that little orange light will let us know where our neighbors are. Where our friends are. And how to get there if someone needs help.”
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:50 pm

username: granger
name: rai
story: i'll never forget that night in january, exactly one year ago. i'd never even considering sharing this experience since i've tried so hard to get it out of my head since it happened. i'm still not entirely sure what happened that night; all i know is that i'm never returning.

i'll be the first to admit that my family is pretty well off. we have a summer home in fiji as well as our own decently-sized cabin in utah, where i was staying that night. there's something about being in a cabin in the middle of nowhere on a cold winter night with the fireplace on that made me feel truly at home.

i have two little brothers and two fathers, and being the oldest sibling, my dads are always on my back about watching my little brothers since they're insanely annoying and can't stay in one place for more than five minutes. anyways, this cabin that we own, to reiterate, is literally in the middle of nowhere. it takes a solid twenty minutes of driving before hitting civilization. there's a creek across from our cabin, which in the winter, is always frozen over, but that's pretty much it.

that night me and my siblings were all watching tv in the living room with our dads sleeping upstairs. the youngest one was sound asleep on the couch. my other brother, tommy, kept complaining that he wanted to go outside and play in the snow, and i kept telling him that it was way too late; we could go play in the morning. this didn't quell his complaining, so eventually i caved and agreed to take him outside to play in the snow for 10 minutes, and then we were coming back inside. he agreed, and i took him out.

once his 10 minutes were up, i called his name to get him to come back inside. "tommy boy, come on," was exactly what i'd said. he lifted his head from what he was doing and started running towards me.

suddenly, a voice that wasn't mine called out, mimicking exactly what i'd said just moments before. "tommy boy, come on." it sounded like someone-- or something-- was trying to mimic my voice, only it didn't sound quite... human, if that makes sense. its voice cracked and it sounded much more hollow than mine. tommy looked up and seemed confused at my horrified expression. i quickly ushered him inside.

i faked a bad cold that next morning so i wouldn't have to leave the cabin for the duration of the trip. my dads were really cool about it and told me to get some rest, which i was more than happy to do. i still don't know what happened that night, but i have nightmares about it constantly. i'm sure i didn't hallucinate it; that isn't like me. whatever was in the woods that night, i have no intention on ever finding out. i am never going back there ever again.
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiraeth + hound » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:59 pm

this contest is now closed !! ty to all who entered
          any new forms or edited forms after this time will be considered invalid.

ill have the winner up as soon as i can !
hiraeth + hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby its_loki » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:09 pm

aa my mac crashed at the last moment & deleted my entry as i was submitting, but good luck to everyone else !!! many many uwus bc i looked through the entries & your stories were all lovely !!
    ᴛ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴛ ᴘ ᴇ ᴏ ᴘ ʟ ᴇ ᴡ ɪ ᴛ ʜ ─────
    x──────────────────── [ ʜ. sᴛʏʟᴇs ]
    i⦅ loki || she/her || pisces || infj || tired ⦆
    i┌───────────────────────────┐
    xxsorry if i leave pms on read,,, i'm in
    xxa rough patch atm; promise i'm not
    xxignoring u! will b mia for health !!
    i└───────────────────────────┘
its_loki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifekind » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:23 pm

good luck to everyone!! all of you guys had really cool
stories and im so excited to see who wins this babe!!!!
adult he/it bisexual
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -pidge » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Omg guys! Your stories oml!!
Gl for all and I hope anyone who
wins this babe tresures her!
I know I certainly would!!

Reading over my entry now, I realised how many mistakes I made from auto correct... whoops!
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:40 pm

Good luck y’all!! I really enjoyed writing my story for this + reading you guys’ awesome ideas :00
xxx

x
┌─────────┐

════ʕ ⏒ ᴥ ⏒ ʔ═══
call me sky !!
────────────
infp • gemini •
hufflepuff • nerd
─────────
my kals / art cred
art shop !!

└─────────┘