Re: Rise | #1018

Postby denja » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 am

Username: denja
Cat Name: ghoststep

Clan: fickleclan

ghoststep's goal in life is a lengthy one; a complex string that he continues unravelling, never discarding the threads that have been tied as nothing is worth the waste. ties are all we are born into this life with, ghoststep often tells himself. born a blank slate, yet with that written potential deep within an individual. life is hard, strenuous and unforgiving. a look to the ancestors is but a hurdle to scale, even still a mountain to some. nonetheless, that never stopped this tom even in his younger years. the path connected to starclan was nothing of a climb to him, but a simple, calculated step.

with niave eyes full of youth and innocence, ghostkit looked up at the adoring figure above him, always looming. his mother was always close by, always watching and caring for him and his siblings. she always offered them kind smiles - and of course they accepted them, even responding with mews and small smiles of their own. ghostkit had always been.. stranger in his analysis of other cats, even from such a tender age.
he saw shadows that weren't there. many times, he had asked, "momma? what's that cat doing over there?" to no definite answer,
only a nudge closer to the warmth of the den. don't fill your head with such fantasies, they'd say, laughing at his confused demeanor. there is nothing there. go back to sleep.

the strange cats never left his sights, or his thoughts.

eventually, he had learned to keep quiet about it.
the other kits teased him.
they taunted him with sneery words; mocking him.
the only solace he'd find, was in fact when speaking to the starry strangers...

the clouded figures would teach him about the growing clan before him: secrets that not even the elders have spoken of. when no one was there to comfort him, they would. it was strange, with no explanation. ghoststep neverminded. every night he would stalk out into the forest, eager to meet them again, and again. he understood that no one else could see them and how that would concern the clan if he ever shared such word of the strangers, yet he still felt the urge to find out more. the star-pelted cats would never answer 'who are you?'. instead they smiled, fading away into the night once more.

he only wished he was more ready when the answer came to him.

after nights of silence and no visitors, he grew concerned. foolish to say, he missed them. it was then, that ghoststep decided to speak up.
he had told fawnheart his woes - a trusted clanmate to many, but to ghost, his old playmate, as well. they had always been close at a young age, being only a moon apart and so similar in personality. they clicked immediately - the two outcasts that were primarily focused on devoting themselves for the good of the clan.
however, the conversation did not go as smoothly as he'd hoped.
fawnheart's face dropped, eyes wide.
ghoststep was ushered into the leader's den; voices hushed and whispered.

prophecy, stars, a sign....

he couldn't keep track of it all. what was so special about his friends?
they were cats too, weren't they?

that was when yarrowstar and fawnheart came to the conclusion, seeing the distressed features upon the cream tom's face. he would work alongside fawnheart as a medicine cat. he had trained to be a warrior all his life - hadn't he just achieved his title?
did this mean he wasn't good enough? was he being kicked out? how on earth was he to be a medicine cat?

it then clicked.

yarrowstar sat him down, speaking to him slowly with a voice only filled with kindness and... pride?
they indeed were cats he was speaking to, she explained, though not living.
but how?
ghoststep had managed to directly contact his ancestors even as a kit - a feat fickleclan had not even fathomed before, nevermind recognise.

his friends were dead, the whole time. did that make them still his friends? a voice within him pondered.

he had a deep connection to starclan, fawnheart explained. the first ever of such a role.

it was decided that he would use this gift within the medicine cat role, mainly to assist in the spiritual side of the clan as well as healing. of course, healing was never his strong point - not that fawnheart minded. it was a shared role that they had both grown into, shoulder to shoulder.
once the clan were told, he was no longer teased. no longer an outcast. he was a prophet.
he delivered vague messages from ancient to mortal, even sharing tongues with starclan cats on rare occasion.

that was when ghoststep decided what life he would live; what goal he would follow.

i will speak for starclan, when they cannot.
i will not fail them, for this is my gift, my blessing.
i will not let it be destroyed and my clan shall thrive.
never, shall i turn away for one in need.

i will serve as a messenger of my ancestors' words, until i join them among the stars that shield us.

[855/1000]

psst... if you look closesly and/or drag the picture... you might just see some of his ghostly friends....

denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CloudedDiamond » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:03 am

Username: DiamondDogg
Cat Name: Sandwhisker

Clan: SilverClan

Prompt [134/1000 words] [0/1 art]

Sandwhisker's main goal in life is to become deputy, and he has done that. He doesn't want to be leader though, he just likes organizing patrols. Silverstar has allowed this, considering how much she has gone through herself and the choices she made herself ([(I actually am going to have to make her history into a short book PDF instead of typing it on her page oof)]). Even though he has achieved his main goal, he still has a decently large goal, to defeat Fish. Fish was the previous deputy, before being exiled due to almost killing Silverstar. If it wasn't to Sandwhisker, she would've died, over and over. Fish was banished, though still reluctantly lets the clan hunt from the river during leafbare. Fish's reasons were unknown, but Sandwhisker swore before Fish left that he would get revenge. As Fish left, Silverstar said that they would get revenge together, though Sandwhisker feels he wants revenge more.

Thanks! wrote:Thanks for giving me the chance to win this cat. He would probably be very much of the clan lore, and I love his design. Again, thanks for the chance to win this cat.

Diamond | she/they/xe/ae | Aroace | EST

[TH] | [DA] | [FR] | [ArtFight]
[Commissions - Open] | [Stars]

[VOK] | [ToET] | [SparrowClan] | [The Flower Garden]
[Gentle Paws] | [The Lost River] | [CAC]
CloudedDiamond

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /trainwreck/ » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Username: /Trainwreck/
Cat Name: Cypressfoot

Clan: HurricaneClan

Prompt: WIP
Pet's name: Shia

CS's Judaism Thread!Come learn and make friends![/left]
/trainwreck/

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Boop.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:50 am

Username: Mimu
Cat Name: Doeswirl

Clan: Moorclan

Prompt:
The main goal, Is becoming the best teacher for the kits. would it be easy for him? no. But he want's to try and become the best. He's a little bit sly on his side, but he's going to try his best. Even if someone try's to take his place he's gonna do it and beat them. The only reason why hes wants too is from the love in his heart. From Kits coming to him all angry about something, he's there to claim them down. In hope they don't kill someone one day. But for them who need help training or even just walking around the place, Doeswirl is all ways open to talk.

"Doeswirl!" A Bright chip voice was heard as Doeswirl turned his head and saw a bright white fuzzball kit running his way. "Oh hey kid." He said as he sat down, the poor kit was running to him as he tripped over his own paws. Quickly getting up with a mad look "I need your help on something!" The bright kit said with dirt on his face and his fuzzy chest. Doeswirl chucked a little from the silly thing, "What do you need kid?" he said in a friendly way looking down at the kit with a little grin. The kit looked and sat down in front of him, "My anger is getting to me and i need help training, But no one will help not even jayfly!" he said getting more angry with doeswirl seeing his head getting hotter and bigger from the anger that boiled in the kit.

Taking in a quick puff of air, "Alright then kit." He said walking away as the kit quickly got into his paws and started to go after him.
Doeswirl and the kit walked over to the training grounds over the hard river. Looking around was nice with trees that fell over and some with claw marks. Doeswirl smiled on the place and looked down at the fuzzy kit, " What's getting on your tail?" he said walking over to a tree with the most claw marks, but smaller than normal. " My lack of training skills, I can't even kill one fly." he said sitting near the scratched up tree. Doeswirl hummed at his statement as he said next to him, "Well you have me don't you to train them little claws." He said looking at the tree that was in marks from the kit, "good." he said. The Kit looked at the tree with anger, "help me on it." He said looking up at doeswirl who was looking at the tree too as his ears perked up.

The day was getting more dark as the kit and doeswirl fished up training. Within a week the kit came back with a rabbit as doeswirl cried in joy.
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 am

Username: Shadowflight13
Cat Name: Palesun

Clan: Cometclan

Prompt:

Palesun's ultimate goal in life is to leave a lasting legacy. It's one of the reasons she wants kits, as she believes children are the best way to leave something behind after you're gone. Of course, this also means she wants to raise her kits to be the best they can possibly be, both for their own sakes and because she wants the legacy she leaves to be a positive one. Palesun is a very warm and empathetic cat. She sees the suffering in the world and wants to end it all. Knowing that she can't, she's resigned herself to at least making her small corner of the world a little brighter while she's in it than before she was born. The problem arises in making sure it stays that way after she dies. Palesun wants to make lasting change, not become just another bright blip in a long history of darkness. And one of the ways she wants to try and do this is by raising her kits correctly. More than anything, she wants to pass down her sensitivity and kindness, her ability to see other's pain and her desire to help them through it. She believes that being able to empathize is far more important than being good hunters and fighters.

Palesun started life as an orphaned kittypet, separated from her littermates and parents when she was very young, only a couple weeks old. A well meaning twoleg picked her up off the street and took her home, so she only has vague memories of her family. Her clearest memories of that time are being bottle-fed formula by the twoleg, and crying of loneliness while it was gone. When she was two moons old, she began going outside and exploring the city, though she always returned to the twoleg nest to be fed. It was then when she first started seeing the suffering in the world. There were a lot of starving alleycats in the city, and a lot of in-fighting. She was never hungry, because the two-legs always kept her bowl full, and she tried to bring food to the strays when she could. None of the feral cats ever picked fights with the young Palesun. Her sunny disposition and her shows of kindness gave her a strange sort of immunity to the violence that permeated the streets. Even the meanest alleycat would let her pass through their territory without so much as a warning, and when she smiled their whiskers would twitch, as if they were struggling to maintain their fierce demeanor.

As she grew older, she began to wonder about her family. In all her wanderings, she'd never found her mother or her littermates, and she had no way of knowing how far away the twoleg had taken her from them. When she was just over six moons old, she was growing restless in her comfortable life, so she decided to leave. She had a vague notion of searching for her lost family, but more than that she just wanted to get out and away--though she didn't admit that to herself until later in her life. Palesun said goodbye to the feral cats she'd become close to, and many wished her luck. Then she left, and started to wander.

She became nomadic, traveling from place to place. She experienced hunger for the first time, and often was as lonely as she'd been as a kit. Everywhere she went, she'd seek out communities of loners, still vaguely looking for her family. In every place, she'd stop and stay awhile, sometimes a week, sometimes a moon, helping out where she could, but she would always get restless again. The longer she traveled, the more she came to realize that she wasn't really looking for her birth family anymore. She'd been traveling farther and farther away from the city she'd been raised in, and she knew it was unlikely they'd be anywhere out here. For a time, this realization scared her, because it meant she had no purpose.

She stopped moving around and stayed with a loner community for awhile. While there, she helped one of the loners take care of her kits, and started to figure out what she wanted to do with her life. She knew she wanted to have kits, and to put down roots somewhere. Over time, her goal formed and took shape, until finally she could say she had a new purpose: she wanted to leave the world a better place than she'd found it. As the moons passed, she grew close to a loner tom, and when they became mates they left together, to find a home of their own. While the traveled, Palesun became pregnant. They joined Cometclan when she was close to kitting, so that they'd have a stable environment in which to raise their kits.

Palesun decided to make Cometclan the small corner of the world she'd change for the better. As a new Clan, still finding its way, it was the perfect place to make change. She could raise her kits within a system that already valued loyalty and bravery--perhaps she could add kindness to that list during her time with the Clan. Palesun is hopeful for her future within the Clan, determined to leave a legacy that will last years after she's gone.

(886/1000 words)

only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby archipeIago » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Username: Nightshade-
Cat Name: Honeystep

Clan: BreezeClan

Prompt:
Honeystep's main goal in life, since she learned about the ways of a Clan, is to mentor an apprentice. She is referred to as Honey here, as she is a kittypet when this takes place.

Honey listened intently to Snowstreak, whose eyes glowed with determination as she spoke. "When a kit is six moons old, they become an apprentice. The most loyal and virtuous warriors are chosen to train them until they know enough to become warriors themselves."
That's what I want to be, Honey thought to herself. Her gaze drifted to her paws. She couldn't, she realized, with a sinking feeling in her chest. She was a... a... a kittypet, as Snowstreak called cats who lived with housefolk. She wasn't a warrior. She didn't know how to fight.
"...and since you're new to Clan life, you'll be trained as well, so you can become a warrior and perhaps train an apprentice of your own."
Honey raised her eyes to meet Snowstreak's bright blue gaze. Maybe she could train an apprentice after all.
hi I'm coral!
[the L in my username is an uppercase i!]
☆ coral#4339
☆ toyhouse: archipeiago
archipeIago

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:13 am

figured I'd post a form sense it hasn't been officially closed,
I understand if this won't count ^^

Username: zippo.
Cat Name: lightkit --> littelight --> swiftlight

Clan: The Land of Three Crows

Prompt: 999/1k

"Littlelight, you're too young for this" Ash spoke sternly with hints of concern lacing her voice as she looked down to the little.

"I am not too young, anyone can complete the path of the gods at any age. You said that yourself" Light fought in annoyance, tail flicking back and forth behind her.

"You wish to journey to Aeráki? To the farthest eastern peak at ten moons?" The second in command scoffed, "You must realize how dangerous the path will be - you know you must go alone, you know that you may not return" she finished with a solemn glare towards the mountains.

"I know that I can do it" was all the little said, finally raising her head to meet the gaze of her superior. "I also know that I do not need your permission to go" her tone was cold, but wavered slightly as the young molly fought off the fear bubbling in her chest.

A small smile broke on Ash's face and she nodded slowly, "You are smart, light - and strong too. As much as I wish you would wait, I believe in you, and I will await your return my little" she bent down and placed a gentle kiss to the apprentices' head. Light looked up with misty eyes but nodded furiously, beginning to turn and walk away. She stopped, turning quickly and nuzzling the older mollies neck before running off towards the mountain path.
--

Light stared at the worn path before her, little sprouts reaching through the dirt desperately towards the sun. She glanced up at the passing clouds, and closed her eyes with a deep breath. She listened to the chattering of clan life behind her and she felt the warmth of the day gliding through her pelt. "I can do this, I am the light" she whispered her mothers mantra before her sun-striked eyes opened and her paws began to move before her brain could catch up. The young molly started the ascent, claws unearthed the dirt as she pulled herself forward step by step to her goal. She was hyper-aware of her surrounds as time passed, the clouds had drifted long gone and the moon had begun its own journey. She could hear the patters of mice as they scuttled about, the flutter of Owls' wings as they stalked their own prey.

The world was a balance, of prey and predator, of black and white, of shadow and light - and while her mother believed her to be a savior of light and hope she knew that was not all she was. There was a balance in the world as there was a balance in her - of prey and predator, of black and white, of her shadows and her light.

A sudden dart of movement caught her eye, she lowered herself to the ground and stalked forward slightly. The bushes rustled dangerously and the fur along her spine began to rise. Her ears rotating as they absorbed the noise of her dark surroundings, cautious to what predator may lie ahead. Adrenaline rushed through her veins; though no fight or flight was activated, as she would never run. She lunged forward with a mighty snarl, pouncing on a plump greying rabbit and snapping its neck with the force of the collision. Light raised her head with a quick scan of her surroundings before ripping into the tender flesh, she would need to stay strong for the rest of her journey.

--

The molly sighed heavily, wincing as she licked the thorn-branch wounds on her legs. Her entire body ached, her muscles burned for relief though she knew that would not come. Not yet - not until she was face to face with Aeráki. She had not known how much time had passed, the sun and moon had danced over her roughly four times now if she had to guess. Light found the lines of time blurred easily when you were alone, and it scared her. It absolutely terrified and thrilled her to be alone, to be fending for herself - to not have any expectations or constrictions on what she did or who she was. The air was cool and the wind harsh, droplets of water falling softly onto her muddied pelt. She was close, she could smell her victory in the air rushing around her as she quickened her pace - ignoring the cracks splintering through her paw pads. The forest around her was becoming less dense, slowly the pine staggered until she found herself in the center of a oval-esque clearing.

It did not rain here, but she could hear the downpour just over her shoulder. She lifted her head to feel the sun against her cheeks, drying the dampness of her coat. Her ears twitched at the sound of heavy falls, and Light slowly opened her eyes to see the white cinnamon spotted cheetah before her. His eyes were warm and glowing, much like the smile that gifted his face.

"My light, you have come!" He cheered excitedly, wrapping an arm around the kitten and bringing her close to him. "I have been expecting you, watching you all this time" he rambled as food appeared before her. Her stomach growled ferociously and the apprentice realized she had not eaten in two days in favor of making it here - to him. She listened as he talked, graciously ripping apart some bird at her paws.

"Watching me?" she questioned, her own excitement growing at his words.

"Of course" Aeráki dipped his head, rubbing his rough cheek against hers. "You are a child of the light, as fierce as the sun's love and as bright as the strike of storm's anger. I knew you would be coming, before your own time, to become what you were always meant to be" his child-like voice had grown serious as he watched her.

"What was I meant to be?" Light asked again, and the cheetah god smirked.

"You have always known."

- this is an editable, I am not sure if that is allowed as I have never seen it specified and I've seen people win using editables and linearts before. If it is not allowed, please discredit this portion of the form and judge on the writing alone.
- edits done to the org editable to fit the scene, done by me;
- added sun, made background look rainy/foggy/stormy and foreground look sunlit
- added a sketch of Aeráki
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:57 am

Willowfrost10 wrote:Username: Willowfrost10
Cat Name: Fawnshade

Clan: Pebbleclan

Prompt:
Her heart was split between many passions.

It seemed from the day she could comprehend the meaning of the word leader she knew what she wanted to be. Fawnstar. The very thought of it gave her chills. She envisioned dashing into battle, yowling proudly as she and her clan stormed in. But of course that was a kit’s dream. By the time she was three moons and was a ‘mature cat’ in her words she had an obsession with herbs. She memorized plants and helped the medicine cat sort. She was praised for her memory. And then, yet again when she was an apprentice she had chosen the warrior’s path. Then, of course, the nursery fascinated her as well though. A loving mate and kits, how wonderful that would be.
Soon, she realized, she was at a crossroad. Leader, mother, or healer? Each would make her mark in the clan, her paw print in history.
Oh, praise the great leader Fawnstar! She was the one to bring the clan out of starvation and war! One path called out.
Oh, but remember Fawnleaf, the medicine cat who saved the forest from disease? Another cried.
But what of Fawnfur, with her numerous offspring that became that fabled leader, that heralded savior? Her young brought so much joy upon this clan. The third seemed to say
I’m still just a ‘paw’ though, surely I don't need to decide?
So she split her time, she trained hard and fierce, but came home to play with the kits. After that she went to the medicine den to sort and memorize. She became everything. Why have just one when you can have all? It was tiring though, and Echostar soon took notice.
She called Fawnpaw into her den one day, alone, to speak.
“This is getting out of hand,” She curled her tail around the young apprentice, “This isn't healthy for you, you're spreading yourself too thin,”
“But I can do it, I can do it all,” Fawnpaw pleaded.
“If you focused on one you can be even better,” She looked at the younger, “You have potential,”
“But for what?”
“That is for you to decide,”
She left the leader’s den confused. Potential? If she sees something in me, why doesn't she just say?
But she tried to take Echostar’s advice anyways, cutting out her training in herbs. It was merely a hobby, nothing more. She concluded. Besides, she had always hated the sight of blood and never truly saw herself continuing with it in the future.
Now the two choices loomed over her, queen or deputy? She could have both though, couldn't she? What was stopping her from that?
She even asked as much to Echostar but she always respond, “You must decide,”
It seemed silly and cryptic, but Fawnpaw knew that it had to hold some truth, why else would she say that?
Moons went by, and she watched her litter mates became warriors. She didn’t join them, and Echostar’s questioning look told her why.
Time is never in one's favor. She loved the thrill of battle, of hunting and patrolling, but a herd of kits was equally appealing.
Then the voices started. She had begun to hear whispers, vague things with no meaning. It seemed always they chanted a single word, but it was unclear what. It seemed to grow louder by the day, Fawnpaw worried for her own sanity. It was screaming in her ear, but she tried desperately to ignore it. It would not give up so easily.
Star, star, star. Sharp clear words. Whenever she went near the nursery it got louder. She couldn’t sleep,
she couldn’t eat, she couldn’t hunt. She cracked.
Echostar smiled when she pleaded to become warrior, and held the ceremony at once, not even bothering with an assessment.
“From this day on you will be know as Fawnshade, for overcoming your struggles in the dark,” She touched noses with the sand colored cat, the cries as suddenly as they began, stopped, “May Starclan light your path,”
“Fawnshade! Fawnshade!” Her clan mates called out. Among the crowd of familiar faces were strange, ethereal figures, calling out a different name.
She smiled, for once she had a clear path in life to follow.

congrats! i loved the change fawnshade went through, it was very relatable for her not to know what she was going to do in life!
i'm giving an HM to denja, as i loved the art and the story of ghost <3
thank you everyone for entering!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby denja » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 am

congrats!!! ty hawky for the hm also 💛💛💛 if you'd like to use my art willow, feel free! just be sure to credit aaa
denja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me