My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1474

Postby SandSpider » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am

Username: SmolLilTrashcan

Kalon Name: Captain Red Tide (Though she also goes by Cap or Red)

Who Did I Used To Be: "My name's Captain Red Tide and I used to be a pirate."
That probably sounds ridiculous I know, a pirate wrapped up like an Egyptian pharaoh? Please. Though I'm afraid my story is true, just bear with me as a tell the story of my life.
In my time I was a feared Captain, raiding distant lands with me crew and sailing the seas. I had a crew of hundreds, at least a dozen ships. We explored new lands together, raiding villages and small empires for riches beyond our wildest dreams! It really was a jolly time, I loved my crew, I was willing to die for them. Music and dancing always filled the air and there was always amusement of sorts! Anyways, despite all the fun eventually things turned for the worse. The day seemed normal enough, our watch yelled suddenly through the morning air, “Land ahoy!”
We all came flooding out from our quarters to see the newfound land, cheering merrily and drinking to our success.
So our many ships docked on the shore, me and a few others went to scout and look for civilization, traveling for days we eventually found a prosperous city, unbeknown to us, this rich place was known as Egypt. They welcomed us friendly enough but were secretive and protective. It was obvious they were hiding something and my crew and I decided it must’ve been riches, surely such a powerful place would have countless valuables!
That night we returned to the ships to share our news, the crew was delighted and we celebrated throughout the night before starting back towards Egypt. We arrived mid-day and hid until night to raid, it started off well enough. The smell of burning houses filled the air and we fought valiantly, raiding house after house.
Despite our great beginning, once the initial panic was over they proved to be valiant fighters. I ended up being captured and my crew was forced to flee. The Egyptians tried and executed me but one good soul took pity and tried mummifying my body so that I could join the afterlife. They were poor though and did a shoddy job, leaving my spirit to haunt the great place known as Egypt for centuries to come, waiting for my crew to return.
Last edited by SandSpider on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
SandSpider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby withtheroses » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:38 am

username: ♥rose♥
kalon name: Kleo
who did I use to be?:

Hello there fellow wanderer. Would you like to hear a story? One about a special queen (being me of course)? The names is Kleo, and no I didn’t ask for your name. Oh! And I bet I know what you are thinking right now, that I am an off-brand Cleopatra, but alas you would be devastatingly wrong. I am the one and only, as you say, Cleopatra, but it is spelled with a ‘K’ thank you. Sigh...the Romans never did seem to understand that. Anyways, back to my story. I was the beloved queen of all the Nile and stayed this way for a long time. Sure, as a child my father had my sister’s head brought to him on a silver platter, but that made me a stronger person. I was a respected queen throughout the lands. That was until our resident mummy problem got a little, uh out of control. As always, the people wanted me to do something or get my head, but we had a strange shortage of mummy hunters (wonder why?). Instead, I decided I should be the one to rid this world of such monstrosity (look who’s talking). So, in secret of course, I went on many ‘royal trips’ away to kill these beasts. I became something of a legend, but sadly no one knew it was I the feared Kleo! I retired from such dirty business, until of course I was brutally murdered by an admirer. Anubis’s Feather of Truth felt some sort of vendetta towards me that day, Anubis says it’s because it felt like I had killed its children (weird right?) So, it condemned me to walk around as a mummy for as long as I live, well until you came around. Thanks, by the way.
(295 words) That cut-off though
Last edited by withtheroses on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
withtheroses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

feline goddess

Postby SilentMelody » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:59 am

username: silentmelody || kalon name: bastet || gender: female

all cats in egypt were fawned over and spoiled, but none of them really minded. especially me -- the pharaoh's cat. i enjoyed this life of riches and feasts, including the amount of love i was given. there was no end to this luxury.

at least, until i died.

a cat's lifespan back in ancient egypt wasn't the best, even if they were cared for greatly. unfortunately for me, i was overfed too much. at the age of five -- in human years -- a heart attack struck me down.

my visit to the afterlife was shorter than i anticipated.

it was odd to wake up to the face of a hawk on a male human body. "i am horus," he announced. i cowered under him and glanced up at him as he continued. "you have been granted a second existence and an honorable role to join my ranks of godliness."

i didn't have a chance to ask him what he meant.

in seconds, i too was transformed into a body similar to his. a cat's head with a female human body. i felt the strength inside me return and the power rushing through my veins.

"over time, you will learn how to control your powers," horus explained.

all at once, i could see everything in the world through the eyes of each cat on earth. some were from egypt, and some were from other countries whose names were unknown to me at the time.

"it's up to you to protect each of the pharaohs that come into kingship. you must also ensure that the line of cats are respected and that their name shall live on. they should not succumb to humans, and they must be as independent as they can be."

"interesting," i murmured to test my voice.

(297 words)
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snowflakette » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 pm

ooh interesting prompt,
I probably don't have time to do this one so marking to watch!
Last edited by Snowflakette on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Snowflakette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oreoskys » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:47 pm

username: Oreoskys
kalon name: Hatshepsut
who did I use to be?: "Me? I used to be a god. A queen. I was celebrated, embraced, loved.."
wip
huge wip aAaa
Oreoskys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 pm

username: 76heart
kalon name: amunet, meaning
who did I use to be?

I used to be a pharaoh, a queen.
An incredibly vain being, focused on vanity, and the beauty one can only see.
I was like a bird, preening her feathers until they shown brighter than the sun.
Not even the sunlight could compare to my beauty.

I used to be the most beautiful in the land.
No one was more beautiful, more stunning than I.
I was not satisfied until even the gods bowed down to me.
And they did.

But then I was struck down in my prime, and all of that was lost.

I used to be one who had everything, and now that was gone.
I had no beauty to my name, no vanity to uphold, not a thing.
I used to be everything, and then suddenly, I was nothing.
I could compare to no thing, not anymore.

But I have changed.

In death I have learned the value of patience, of care, of the beauty within.
There is nothing but waiting and watching for the dead, able to wander this world, yet unable to influence it now that the cold hands of death have taken hold.
I have learned my purpose, my power, and have let go of my worldly possessions, of my vanity.
I have no need for them here.

In death I learned the meaning of my name, my meaning.
I work better in silence, in stillness, in hiding.
I am meant to be mysterious, obscure, unknown.
Watching in secret.

In death I have learned I was never meant to be a pharaoh, a queen.
I was meant to be here, in the afterlife, the world of the dead.
I was meant to be a gatekeeper, to guard the underworld.
I was meant to welcome the dead to the entrance of Osiris' realm.

299/300
Last edited by 76heart on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunflower Skies » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:13 pm

username: Metatarsals
kalon name: Anubis
who did I use to be?: Used to worship a dark entity

WIP! such a cool design!
•Tryna•keep•my•
•mind•at•bay•
“I'll face the sun again as soon
as this dreary night ends...
I’ll age another... thousand days
before I know it, Yeah, I'll spend
'em all inside, waste my time while
I'm scrollin'....
I love it when it rains”
───────{Sunflower Skies}───
“Sunflower .
Still .
Grows .
At .
Night.” .
{lights fading}
──{softly}──

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sunflower Skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:15 pm

username: Kyar
kalon name: Enri

who did I use to be?:
      Regret hits the instant the question leaves your mouth.

You watch his eyes catch. Your irritation with his endless complaints, sour attitude, unquenchable pessimism fade into something you wish you hadn't seen. Real, honest, pain.

"Who did I used to be?" he repeats back, words cutting you in return.

Enri's eyes turn down to his body, resting as it has as long as you've known him - the same, familiar wheelchair.

"Nobody." His voice bites. "But I could've been somebody." A cold hatred sets into his icy gray eyes. Brushing past, he wheels away down the hall, shoving through the crowd of college students still merrily celebrating after opening night. Most of the cast still laughed and chattered away, paying no mind to the emotional 19-year-old as he stormed past.

You linger, shame coursing through you as your cheeks flush, and you wish you could take it back.

"Don't mind him," Monrelise steps in, shrugging a shoulder. "He's been like that pretty much since he was diagnosed."

You knew the story, not the name. Some disease that appears out of nowhere. Genetic. Rare. One day he was fine. It started like the flu, and now... partial paralysis. Two months took him from walking to wheeling.

"That doesn't make it okay," you insist. He'd been on your nerves all night, whining and cutting down cast members left and right. Could he really have done so much better? Did he really need to say that? Maybe you don't feel entirely guilty for calling him out.

"No, but you know, he danced on Broadway."

You turn, startled. Enri? But he was still in college...

"He was good. Obviously. A lot of people thought he'd make a lead role someday."

You feel your stomach tighten.

Nobody. He was nobody, but he could've been somebody.

299/300 words
Last edited by Kyar on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oriole » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 pm

username:
kalon name: