Rise | Warriors Adopts | Information Thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Rise | Warriors Adopts | Information Thread

Postby Dia. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:28 pm

Rise is an adoptable community based on Erin Hunter's Warrior Cats series ...because who doesn't need a ton of warrior cat characters? It is highly focused around world-building and character development in order to encourage users to use their adopted cats rather than just let them collect dust. We strive to be an open-minded, welcoming community where anyone and everyone will feel comfortable and happy.

Have fun, and may the stars light your path.

This is the Rise information thread.
Do not post here if you are not on Rise staff!
Last edited by Dia. on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | Warriors Adopts | Information Thread

Postby Dia. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:30 pm

reserved post
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | Warriors Adopts | Information Thread

Postby Dia. » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:35 pm

FAQs

What is an NPC?
NPCs are non-playable characters.

Can I use NPC cats or clans?
NPC cats or clans may be used to help flesh out your stories, but they may not be used as the main focus in leveling up tasks. You may have an NPC clan on your border instead of a user-owned Rise clan.
NPC cats/clans may be used as placeholders until you adopt or order a cat that fits their role, or find another member to border with.

Can my cat be related to someone else's cat?
Yes! Interacting with other members and their cats is encouraged.

Can multiple clans have the same name?
Yes. It used to be discouraged, but there aren't enough clan names to justify it.

Can you make *insert breed here*?

Specific breeds are reserved for special occasions such as milestone adopts and thus will typically not be seen in regular adopts or customs.
This also applies to mutations.

Do I have to wait until the archive is updated to continue?
No. As long as you fulfilled the requirements you do not have to wait for the archive update or a confirmation for your level up. You will be contacted to make adjustments if you do not meet requirements.

Can I reuse art/writing to level up?
Yes, you can use art/writing from competitions to level up. You just can't use the same piece to level up multiple times.

Do HM customs, event-earned customs, etc count as monthly customs?
Yes they do.

Can I adopt a cat to be a loner?
Yes. Keep in mind that you can only have two large groups (clasn) though.

Do I need to follow the traditional ranks, warrior code, clan structure, naming system, etc?
You are encouraged to develop your clan as you like, so you do not need to stick with the traditions created in the Warriors series. Some parts of Rise tasks, challenges, and competitions are geared towards Warriors canon traditions, but you are allowed to adjust those tasks to fit your own world-building aspects. (Example: The task asks for a meeting between your medicine cat and Starclan. Your clan's healer does not talk with their ancestors, but you have a separate rank that does. You can use this separate rank instead.) (Example 2: Your ancestors are simply called Ancestors rather than Starclan.)
The canon warriors terms and ranks on the main Rise thread are included to simplify things and for a guideline.

Can my cats have powers?
Short answer: no. Please ask first, as there may be exceptions. Generally, they will not be allowed.

Can my cat have more scars?
To add more scars to your cat, please fill out the scar form in the archive thread!

What accessories are allowed?
Even though Rise rules say accessories may not be added, there are a few exceptions. These include natural items that are best described as "not requiring thumbs to wear." Examples include feathers, leaves, and flowers stuck into fur or pigments/mud smeared onto fur. Collars are allowed as long as the cat's history reflects time spent with humans. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces, shirts, armor, ballgowns, etc are not allowed.

Can my cat be spayed/neutered/declawed?
Yes, cats who spent time with twolegs in their history may be fixed or declawed. You may also decide to make a character sterile naturally and never let them have kits.

Can I use another site to store my clan?
Yes, as long as the site is appropriate for CS and doesn't include any information not allowed on CS.

Can I split my clan thread up?
Yes, as long as everything is clearly laid out, connected, and organized. Tasks should be easy to find for leveling up.

Will customs/adopts be taken away like founders?
No. You do not have to meet a deadline for customs/adopts like you do for founders.

Does art/writing have to be made by me to level up?
Unless the task says that you can order art, the piece should be made by you. If it says that you can order art, you may use art trades or commissions. Gifted art should not be used for tasks.

Can the official ref be used offsite for commissions/art fight?
Yes, as long as you link back to Rise.

Can I put the official ref up on toy house?
Yes, as long as you link back to Rise.

What happens if I accidentally go over the cat limit?
You will be asked to either level-up ASAP or rehome a cat.

Can I have another clan?
When you reach level 10, you may make a second clan.

If I quit rise can I keep my cats?
If you quit Rise or CS, you may keep your cats but may no longer use official Rise art. Your cats will be marked deceased.
If you are banned from Rise, you may keep your cats but may no longer use official Rise art. Your cats will be marked deceased.
If you are banned from CS, your cats will be rehomed within Rise.

Can I join if I haven't read Warriors?
Yes! You are encouraged to still join for the world-building. The community is happy to help.

Do my cats have to be clanborn?
No, your cats can have any background.

Can I order a custom of my cat's biological kit instead of ordering a breeding?
Yes, although ordering a custom requires payment. Ordering a breeding is free.

Do eye colors need to be realistic?
Yes, in the sense that there will not be eye colors such as purple or black. Not all of the artists will make sure eye colors are possible with coat colors though.

Can I order a custom/breeding without specifying an artist?

No, because you may only order when an artist is open to accept customs or breedings.

What is DCAY?
DCAY is a game on the discord server called "Draw the Cat Above You."

Can I change a cat's rank or information?
Yes!

Can I have a temporary med cat/deputy?
Yes!

How can I kill off a character or have my leader lose a life?
Please post the form in the archive thread.

Can I have a kit on the adult base/adults on the kit base?

That is fine.

Can my cat have physical or mental disabilities?
Deaf/blind/mute cats can be achieved through adoption or through earning a ticket on the archive thread. (added 1/27/19)

Human conditions will not be allowed specifically, but you may describe them in such a way that your cats would describe them. Examples: frequently nervous, frequently sad, frequently has pain. If you are unsure if it would be allowed, please ask.
Ask before giving your cat any serious conditions. Conditions that would make life in the wild very difficult/impossible will not be allowed. Physical conditions that affect a large portion of the character's body will likely not be allowed.
Please make sure that you are representing the conditions respectfully. You are encouraged to put a lot of thought and research into how it affects your character and character development.

Should I ask the artist/ping an artist if a competition closes?
Rise protocol is to wait a month until after the competition closes before asking the artist about it. If a month passes, please alert Dia to the competition.
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me