Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Oekaki/Java problems & solutions

Postby Griddle » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:16 am

Ravetta wrote:I'm using a Wacom Bamboo tablet and would like to DISABLE the pen pressure.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks c:

Hello!
You can do this on the Tool Options window:

See the little black circle next to brush size? Click it and it'll turn clear (like the circle next to opacity and scattering). Click it again to turn it back on! You can always turn on the pen pressure to control the opacity or scattering of the brush if you want to, too. =)

Onward to my issue!

Lately, when I use my tablet pen to select sliders like those on the brush options, the opacity on the layers window, or the color selector, it acts like I'm holding my pen down when I'm not. It doesn't select the option I want when I click on it, it stays active. Say I want to have a size ten brush, I have to be very careful moving my tablet pen away or it will keep selecting if I move the mouse to the right or left. When I'm selecting a color rn I have to be very careful and just kind of hover my pen over my tablet until the tablet stops registering it.

I don't have this problem in other art programs.

I'm using Chicken Paint, Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 with a Wacom Cintiq.
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silent Night » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 pm

Hey all! So I'm trying to get pen pressure to work with my Huion Q11K tablet and I've been having no luck. Since most browsers no longer support Java, I've only been able to test in Chicken Paint. I was wondering if someone who also had a Huion tablet would let me know if they're able to get pen pressure to work in Chicken Paint and how?
I have all my drivers up to date and pen pressure is working in other programs so I am unsure of the issue. I am using an old computer I just got that still has Windows 7 on it so OS is the only thing I can think of that could be causing the problem. I'm trying to get that updated, but it may take me some time to get a drive with Windows 10 from my family so if anyone with a Huion tablet could give me some intel I would very much appreciate it! Thank you!!
I'm looking to do an art trade with some
people. PM me for examples :)
ImageImageImage
Silent Night

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhiraWar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:13 am

Chrom wrote:
Lately, when I use my tablet pen to select sliders like those on the brush options, the opacity on the layers window, or the color selector, it acts like I'm holding my pen down when I'm not. It doesn't select the option I want when I click on it, it stays active. Say I want to have a size ten brush, I have to be very careful moving my tablet pen away or it will keep selecting if I move the mouse to the right or left. When I'm selecting a color rn I have to be very careful and just kind of hover my pen over my tablet until the tablet stops registering it.

I don't have this problem in other art programs.

I'm using Chicken Paint, Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 with a Wacom Cintiq.

Heyo! Just wanted to pop in to say I'm having the exact same issue. I haven't draw on Oekaki for a while and decided to draw a character, but it was frustrating and I don't think I can draw on Oekaki while this is happening.
If I hover my pen "cursor" above brush size and I'm not pushing down to select, it still acts like I'm holding down. It won't stay the size I want. Same with color.
GhiraWar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:50 pm

I've been having the same issue - in order to work with it, I've found that right-clicking with the tablet pen at least gets you close to the color you want. Brush size... all I've managed to do with it is irritate myself. ^^;; Going up or down out of the modifier bar when you have the size you want will leave it (more or less) where it is, though if you're changing the pen density, going up means you're going to hit the size bar, which will then need fixed, too.

Because I'm not having any other issues with the drivers (it works in other programs just fine), I'm inclined to believe it's a browser thing that got messed up in the latest update. Chrome and Opera (which is a Chromium-based browser) are both known to be affected, I've yet to try Firefox or IE.

In the meantime, I don't yet know of an actual fix, besides the clunky workaround.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:19 am

How do you get the link to a picture, to post the image elsewhere? I keep on only getting a link to the post when I copy it.
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby That's Offensive » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:50 pm

I have been using an ugee tablet for a long while but it recently broke and now I have a wacom intous tablet, it has been working pretty well but there is an issue I'm having. Whenever I press a button on the pen my penpressure in chicken paint stops working and wont come back for about an hour and only after I close chicken paint, does anyone know how to fix this? Is anyone haveing the same problem?
Any help will be appreciated, thank you ^^
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby necropoliis » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 pm

last night i tried using chibipaint, but it wouldn’t work even with the jtablet plugin, so i switched back to chickenpaint.

but today i tried oekaki again and it’s not letting me make strokes? it’ll make a mark in the initial place i put it but it won’t follow... this has happened on sai w me before but sai is working fine despite oekaki :c any ideas?

my driver hasn’t had an update in years since the tablet was discontinued in 2012, but it hasn’t presented any problems until now.

this problem is occurring only on firefox, btw. oekaki works on chrome, but i strongly prefer firefox, so if anyone knows what to do, i’d greatly appreciate it! <33

necropoliis#5084

any pronouns | infp
    kals
necropoliis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:53 am

hey there
    i have a laptop that used to run fine with chickenpaint, pen pressure and everything. then, its hard drive went bad and we basically had to build the thing up from scratch. we spent 9 hours troubleshooting yesterday, and have exhausted every single option available to us. the tablets themselves work fine with any other program, and we tried both the old and newer versions on every web browser and under every imaginable condition.

now what?

i don't know what to do, and this isn't just a problem with my laptop. it's the same way with my mom's windows vista all the way to my brother's brand new $2500 gaming pc. please help?????
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SnowStar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm

I'm having a odd issue and I have no idea what to do.

Ever since firefox updated itself, I was forced to use chickenpaint because I can't use java anymore (that I'm aware of at least) with this browser.

In the past (and I do mean ages back when I tried it) it was fine - just slower then I liked with no pen pressure. Now however, Chickenpaint will flat out not let me stroke whatsoever with my tablet. Doesn't matter what pen size, setting, or anything. At the very most I'll get a 1 pixel dot and that it.

It'll let me draw with the mouse (and my tablet works fine with firealpaca) but if I try to draw with my tablet on here it won't do anything. I've tried clearing my catche and that doesn't help at all. I don't know what to do. :c
So full of hate were our eyes
That none of us could see
Our war would yield countless dead
But never victory
So let us cast arms aside
And like discard our wrath
Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
Whilst we find the path

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Art block is hitting hard, sorry about not drawing much or being on lately.
SnowStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Riverotterr » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:30 am

I'm having a weird display error when I use Chickenpaint and I'm not really sure what to do. When I go to make a stroke, whenever I click and hold down my pen (or mouse) the actual cursor disappears so I can't see where I'm drawing. When I unclick it goes back to showing the cursor and pen location.
I'm using a Wacom Bamboo tablet and Chrome (which I havent had any issues with in the past) I tried it in Microsoft Edge as well and it had the same problem.

Riverotterr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me