Re: Kalon #1457 - Flight of the uncaged bird

Postby hxneystorm » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

-
    dropping out
Last edited by hxneystorm on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
hxneystorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:51 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
76heartserenity/sereneshe/herevangeline/evan the dovehe/himtake to the sky - owl city
Image━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━'cause they're  all  around you━━━━━━
'cause  after  all  those    w  i  n  g  s    will  take  you,  up  so    h  i  g  h
━━so  bid  the  forest  floor  g  o  o  d  b  y  e━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━Image
What gives them hope, passion, and freedom. What brings them to a place that fills them with belief that
tomorrow will be better and makes them happy?
Do they find their fire in writing, do they fly when making art?

serene is an empath, but she doesn't know it, so when people smile, she is also feeling their joy

When Serene was small, she rarely smiled; she was always too consumed in her shroud of worries to let go of them, and allow the edges of her lips to turn upward into a grin. However, as she grew older, and began to go out into the world more and more each day, that began to change. The more jovial smiles she saw, the beautiful kind that reached the eyes too, the more she found herself smiling. She began to worry less, to feel free, and alive for the first time. Seeing others happiness and joy displayed on their faces let her feel it too, and she felt like she could soar, because they showed that even in the darkness, there could be light somewhere too, and she needed only to find that somewhere to see it. They taught her that things would become good again if they fell, because if that wasn't true, how could they smile if that wasn't the case? How could they still find some light if things never got bright again, and stayed in the darkness forever? Even if the smile was forced, not genuine, and it caused her heart to ache for the troubles they bore, it still gave her some hope, hope that even when times grew dark and hard to bare, that she too could have the strength to carry on, to hide how she suffered from the world, and in turn give those who saw it strength as well, until she was able to find the light again, her way out of the darkness, and give them hope along with strength. Knowing that was what gave her her wings, gave her the greatest assurance, and allowed her to feel truly free, and free from the worries that once plagued her mind.

300/300 words

What is the story of their bird companion?

Ever since she could remember, there had always been something drawing her to the sky, pulling her gaze toward it. She could vaguely recall a quote she once heard, something like; "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk with your head tilted skyward." It was silly, but it resonated with her, and sometimes it would make her wonder if in a past life, she had flown. Perhaps that was why, when she came upon a scared and abandoned little white bird, the two became such fast friends, because both their hearts were meant to soar through the skies.

The two friends had first met on a rather gloomy autumn morning during her childhood. It had been pouring rain all throughout the previous day, so much so that it had flooded much of her family's grounds, and being the worried child she was, she went out to make sure that the little playground her parents had installed for her at the very edge of their estate, through a small section of the forest, had not been flooded too, except, she never got there. She had been stopped by a fallen tree, and the sight of a small feathery ball of white that appeared to be shivering. Only a moment later, did she realize it was a baby dove, terrified, and curled up next to it's destroyed nest. It appeared otherwise unharmed, but there was no way she could have left the tiny creature to freeze in the cold, so she promptly took it back inside, and began to take care of it. At first, she tried to keep it a secret from her parents, whom she knew would not allow her to keep the bird she was now quite fond of, but thankfully, by the time they found out, it was too late to separate them, and he got to stay. As soon as she knew he'd be her forever friend, she named him Evangeline, or Evan for short.

ImageImage

330/300 words

I'm so sorry that I went a tiny bit over!
and just, oh god, this darling is breathtaking
Last edited by 76heart on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

{Flight of the uncaged bird}

Postby bakuraas. » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Username;;Golden-Boy

Kalon name;; Celine

What is this kalon's "Wings"?;;
Celine, in a stroke of inspiration and drive after the death of her lover, used all of the wealth she had to purchase and re-purpose an old hospital that was originally going to be torn down for a parking lot. The hospital turned into several things at once, but the portion of it that really let Celine out of her cage was the Broken Wings Foundation. With Celine at it's forefront, The Broken Hearts Foundation allowed kalons who had all sorts of problems that stopped them from enjoying life to talk about it, or simply ask for help if they didn't want to speak.

Celine's realization that this was what allowed her to flourish came in the form of a doctor from a hospital from Japan coming over to the hospital simply for the Broken Hearts Program. Celine couldn't believe how a doctor who had found a cure for one of the most deadly epidemics in Japan would need help from a just recently renovated hospital. However, the doctor didn't need the hospital itself. He needed the Broken Wings Foundation, and their help, to recover from an aching pain that returned from years ago. He wouldn't say at the time, but Celine knew he had to help him.

Sometimes, during the time the doctor was with them in the program, Celine would feel something like wings on her back when she really had nothing there at all. Everytime she helped the doctor get over something small, or something big, she'd feel those nonexistent wings again. And once the doctor left, that feeling stuck around forever. Celine always feels her wings now, and she was truly able to feel like an angel through the Broken Wings Foundation, and through helping others be able to live their lives to the fullest again.

What is the story of their bird companion?;;
Another section of the hospital, the animal clinic, is what brought the small bird to her. A heroic kalon had rescued a small animal that was trapped in the sewage pipes near their house, and immediately took the bird to the clinic to get them checked out. As it turned out, the bird had gotten it's wing broken, and had severe eye infections that might have come from being in a sewage pipe for more than three days. The bird looked skinny, and Celine could feel the bones under her paw when she tried to comfort the animal. The rescuer tried to stay calm, confident that Celine would know what to do. She did, but the process of recovery couldn't help but make her anxious sometimes.

Cleaning the sewage was the easy part, and Celine knew the surgeons could handle the eye infection just fine with the addition of some mild medicine. The fact that the poor thing was starving turned out to be a bit of a problem. The bird wouldn't eat for a little while, which concerned Celine greatly. She tried everything to get the little bird to eat, but nothing seemed to be working, and Celine felt even more stress than before. However, it seemed that the bird... recognized Celine's stress, and started to push their dish of food in front of the anxious kalon, and eat in front of them. Celine could not have been happier.

Nowadays, with the recovery far in the past, Celine and the bird, now named Damien, are a duo that you wouldn't want to mess with. Damien turned out to be an extremely smart bird, and became hyper protective of Celine. Celine in return would always protect Damien with her life. That's what friends do, after all, protect each other.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyscribblez » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:16 pm

Mark
ivy| fluent in meme, vine, and english
christian | sagittarius | ravenclaw | ambivert
pfp credit | my flight rising | my deviantart
Ivyscribblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acadicus » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:23 am

x
Last edited by acadicus on Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
acadicus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴇᴜᴛᴏɴʏ » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:24 am

res
ᴛᴀᴢ c: | sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ | ᴀᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ | Image

xxᴛʀᴀᴅᴇs | ᴄʜɪʟᴅʀᴇɴ | ᴄᴀʀʀᴅ | ©

ᴇᴜᴛᴏɴʏ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:28 am

Username;;
Kalon name;;
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;; What gives them hope, passion, and freedom. What brings them to a place that fills them with belief that tomorrow will be better and makes them happy? Do they find their fire in writing, do they fly when making art? Interpret however you want.
300 word, 1 art piece maximum. You can do one or the other, or do both.

This is going to have large inspiration from the Emperor and the Nightingale!!!
Last edited by annie15970 on Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

Every life is a pile of good things and bad things
The good things don't always soften the bad things,
but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil
the good things and make them unimportant.

Equine Stable | Commissions| My Kalons | ©

└─────────────────────┘

ImageImageImageImage
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ ✿ // how do i fly with these broken wings? ]

Postby ✦ nemuri » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:55 am

┌── ───────────────────────────────────┐

[ username. .kaede ] [ name. honoka - 穂香 ] [ gender. female ]

└─────────────────────────────────── ──┘

✿ wings that provide me with hope wrote:indenthonoka had known not of hope. she was a soldier who was feared on the battlefield, yet shunned by her peers and was dubbed as merely a war machine. from a young age, she had been raised to fight, and fighting was everything honoka had ever known. many kalons had high hopes for the end of the war. they had family to return to, memories to share and stories to tell. honoka had nothing, but she still fought on, believing in the one day that she'd truly be able to find herself within the blood that had been spilled by her own paws.

indentthen she had an accident. she was sent to a rehabilitation center where she was left alone to rediscover who she truly was. healing was slow and difficult, and as a kalon who had been raised to fight and do nothing but fight, honoka didn't know what she was supposed to do. her mind was in tatters, and although her body was strong and agile, it didn't take very much to completely break her down.

indentwhat was she supposed to do?

indentlater on, she received a suggestion. she could help out the hospital staff; they were short-handed anyways, and honoka had nothing better to do than stare blankly out the window, contemplating her life. she agreed and made herself as useful as possible. she was a shoddy nurse; she only got in the way of other doctors, and although the doctors were exasperated, they kept quiet, knowing the fragile state honoka was in.

indentthen, she spoke to the war veterans. a spark of emotion was lit in her, and honoka soon realized that these were kalons she could empathize with. she could heal with her words instead.

indenthope was still a foreign concept, but honoka felt it.

indent[ 300 / 300 ]

✿ art drawn by me ✿

✿ the friend i needed but never deserved wrote:indenthonoka's partner was a mere songbird, a plain and unassuming nightingale. while they couldn't communicate, the little nightingale encouraged her in its own ways; a song here and there, a few loving nudges with its head. as much as a heaven sent the nightingale appeared to be, honoka soon came to realize that her beloved nightingale companion was just as flawed as she herself was. the nightingale was a bird who could never quite fly as beautifully as some of the other songbirds, and it was evident that the nightingale didn't belong with all the other birds that flew in the forests.

indenthonoka sees the nightingale as her support line, much like how some of the more broken down veteran soldiers view her words as inspiration and motivation to continue pushing forward through each day. without the nightingale, honoka would've have been where she is right now; she considers her relationship with the nightingale to be akin of the jiun bird in chinese mythology; two incomplete and broken birds who are able to fly once more by relying and trusting each other.

indentother kalons may scorn honoka for putting so much of her energy and soul into her small, avian friend, but she knows better. that small nightingale, who honoka had named kizuna after the bonds that they had formed, had truly helped her rise from a dark place after she had been moved to a rehabilitation facility, and nobody aside from honoka would truly be able to understand just how much of an impact kizuna's existence had on the silver furred kalon. in turn, kizuna the nightingale would trust honoka as well, and through that mutual bond of trust and unadulterated adoration for each other, honoka believes that it's okay to continue on, even if everyone else thinks otherwise.

indent[ 300 / 300 ]

✿ art drawn by me ✿

Last edited by ✦ nemuri on Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 9 times in total.
✦ nemuri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mischievous. » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:10 am

Stunning as always six! <33
    biiig res!
mischievous.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kassypen » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:10 am

Image Image
Username;; Kassypen
Kalon name;; Persephone
What is this kalon's "Wings"?;;
They say the girl with the gray hair is a ghost;
she appears during the darkest of hours,
the foggiest of days.
No one knows who this girl is.
Some say she’s just a myth,
a fragment of a desperate man’s imagination,
but those who know the garden-
the garden surrounded with glass walls,
where flowers grow tall
and vines grow wide-
those who know the garden
have seen the eyes.
Eyes of the girl,
of the girl that visits the garden
and cries.
She cries for those whose dreams have been lost;
she cries for those who don’t have answers to their deepest of questions.

The blue eyed girl
comes to the garden-
where the flowers grow tall
and the vines grow wide,
with a glass roof
filled with cracks-
broken.
Broken-
just like the lonely garden.

The gray pelted one slipped in between the panels of the large greenhouse. The metal had been rusting away for years. It was now not only cream but had a thin layer of terra cotta orange.

Unbeknownst to the owner of the large structure was the fact that her great grandmother had taken care of the same tall flowers and wide vines that were reborn each new year.

Taking care of these plants gave her hope for the future and gave her time to reflect on the past. Watching the flowers open under the moon’s silvery glow reminded her of the true meaning of life: how with enough nurturing and kindness, you can create a life so beautiful that, regardless how harsh anything gets, it will regrow, regrow, regrow.

Although she had been forced to sell the wondrous castle of a greenhouse, Persephone believed it was still her duty to dance among the tall flowers and wide vines each and every night.
{300/300}
The night was gray. No rain fell from the clouds, though they blanketed the sky regardless. A thick layer of mist coated the ground and made it hard to see. Though the blue eyed one walked surely. She knew where she was going; she had walked the path many times before. She knew where the corners of perfectly planted beds sat, where roots crept across the mulch. Everything was the same as it always was. A small smile played at the corner of her mouth, the first in a while.

But her face dropped when she heard the soft song of a bird. This was from surprise. She had never heard a melody sound so sorrowful. Each note felt as if it was dripping with tears. Though, regardless of how the song made her feel, the creature that produced the sound’s emotions must be so powerful.

She looked and looked for the source of the sorrowful melody.

The gray haired one’s blue eyes danced across the inner web of rusted metal -
the melody strung on.

She peered behind the tall flowers and wide vines -
the melody strung on.

She knew she was just as lost as the singing creature -
the melody strung on.

At last,
a bird -
by a window,
singing a melody
so sorrowful.
A tear slipped out of the gray haired one’s eyes -
the melody stopped.

The two had both shared forgotten memories;
they both cried each night over these.
They sang together.

They wiped each other’s tears,
calmed each other,
made new memories to replace the forgotten ones meant to be left behind.

Finally, the gray eyed one -
at peace.
{273/300}
Last edited by Kassypen on Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kassypen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me