My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1438 - Shattered Sunrise

Postby Sixbane » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:09 pm

i dont like to extend comps but I got multiple requests for this one, it will be extended to the 28th at ~5pm est
(it is meant to be a quick contest, and Its the longest i can push it due to schedule issues on my end, if I dont end it then, itll be open for a lot longer and i dont want it to be a long contest)
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:33 am

Okie doke, that's fine.
((I am super excited for the results! I love this kalon sm!)
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am

I hope it’s okay for me to post so close to the end, if not, let me know.

Username;; Irrylath
Kalon name;; Starling
What is their personality a reflection of?;;
Their personality reflects their childhood, and deep want for no one else to end up in the dark place they are in because of it.
When they were little, their parents split up, and they had to travel between two homes on a weekly basis. At one of them, they had to try to cover up the fact that their parents had split up, at the other they often had to essentially parent their siblings, and had to pretend everything was fine in public. This lead to them having a poor sense of self-value. It also probably contributed to their depression, and the sheer amounts of facades and trauma it left them with definitely was part of why they developed DID.
Throughout their childhood, they looked for temporary escapes from reality wherever possible, and ended up turning to books and music, leaving them with a sense of whimsy that surfaces whenever they feel truly comfortable.
While not fitting either of the stereotypes of depression(faking happiness all the time or always down), they still manage to come off as not all there emotionally, with days they couldn’t possibly be happier, sweeter, or nicer, while primarily experiencing days they take 20 minutes to get out of bed and are all doom and gloom. No matter what type of day their having, they still manage to make their friends happier when their down, and remind them that they are valued, cared about, wanted, and loved by someone. While those friends may question it sometimes, they don’t complain, as they understand that sometimes you need to be reminded of these things.
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cialline » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:06 am

Username;; cialline
Kalon name;; Kogane (gold in japanese)
What is their personality a reflection of?;; In japan, there's this way of fixing up broken items with gold poured in the cracks to make the item anew it's called Kintsugi. Kogane is a once loved kalon who got broken many times by cherished ones. But everytime someone broke it's everything, the poor beast got more and more beautiful by how they fixed themselves up everything.
You can shatter everything, but it's never impossible to fix.

I got inspired by him because of the name of the auction mainly. Something shattered is sad. Nobody likes their stuff shattered. But a sunrise is the beginning of a new day and with it the possibility to fix damages done. A new day and it's always more beautiful than the past.
Cialline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:02 pm

Everyone's entries are so good! goodluck everyone!!
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:01 pm

This one is closed! I'll try and have judged asap
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:19 am

So sorry on the delay! I meant to try and judge this on my last days off, but I ended up stuck with family all day (like 9am-9pm) and didnt get the chance to work on that so I had to kind of spread it out over time. I also grabbed a few guest judges to help me narrow down

Anyway, I think i've decided this one will go to
Calibri - As i appreciated the realism, and the somber and respectful approach to what can be a hard topic, It built a strong character that said a lot with only a few words. I think that even though your form was shorter than some of the others, you really developed a strong character in a unique way that stood out in a creative approach to the prompt that felt very different and memorable. Well done.

With hms/nods to these forms as well, who were high on my choices also. I'd do a RU if I had time but i just dont want to keep you waiting for ages for it.
Yuroshi- I really enjoyed the simplicity of your concept and how you chose to approach the prompt, relating her to the wind seems simple, but you pulled a very nice depth and built an intriguing character on it.
beau-tiful - I liked the approach you took to make the reflecting and consistently adapting personality rather than one built on something else, it was interesting to consider and read through
Zakuro - I enjoyed your writing and concept (And its one im slightly partial to myself haha), I liked how she was a reflection of different things and how it combined to the story and created its mystery.
76heart - I liked your analogy of relating her to the clouds and being ever changing, and how people view her in that regard, it was an interesting consideration and methodology of building a character that I thought was a neat connection with the design itself

*if you want my opinion or critique/suggestions on your form you are welcome to pm me, I will be happy to tell you my thoughts as soon as i am able
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Calibri » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:36 am

Ohmygosh - I am shaking??? Aaa thank you so much Sixbane (and the guest judges, of course)!!
Goodness, I really didn't expect to win this girl. My first kal - and she's so gorgeous!

Congratulations to everyone who got HMs as well <3
    ██
    FEEL FREE TO CALL ME CALI !!
    cs time +2 | she/her | esfp-t | chars | nebunnies
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me