Bear Run Challenge Center V.3

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Bear Run Challenge Center V.3

Postby aray17 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 am

Hello! Welcome to the Official Bear Run Tolters Challenge Center v.3! (V.1 found here and V.2 found here)

Here you will be able to get points for art and writing of your Tolters, to spend on fabulous prizes.
For every entry you create, you will receive a specific amount of points. Save these up, and then spend on them various prizes. You can win anything from accessories to chimeras!
Interested? Read on to find out more.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Staff
Score Keepers
Awards points to members in a timely fashion.
aray17 (challenge center manager)
Half Tree (may award points from raffles and other events)

MOD
Makes sure everyone follows the rules.
aray17

Archivists
Keeps an updated count on everyone's point totals.
aray17

Rules/FAQ

All Bear Run Tolters Rules apply!

> Do not calculate your own points <
Points will be given not only according to the list but adjustments might be made if need be, due to some things not being listed or something along those lines. So please do not calculate your own points. If you have any problems, please PM me.

> You don’t have to own a Tolter to participate <
You can do artwork, stories, etc. for other users with their permission to use their tolter to earn points to get your first tolter by buying a gumball machine voucher, semi custom voucher, or custom voucher

> Artists have the right to deny use of vouchers <
Artists do a lot for our community and they have full rights to deny the use of vouchers in breedings. Also, they have the right to deny doing your gumball babe, semi custom, or custom. Please make sure they are open for semi customs, gumball babes, or customs before sending in your requests.

> We accept traditional and digital art, however... <
Please be sure you can use a scanner or take a very clear picture of your piece. We want to be able to see your wonderful art!

> Try-out art or writing is not allowed <
We want to see original pieces, so please no try-out art! All work (writing or art) submitted to the Challenge Center cannot be associated with any event or competition, prior or current. That includes if you create a digital art piece for an event, you cannot re-color it in and submit it to the Challenge Center for points.

> You may submit art and writing that relate to eachother! <
Did you write a piece for the challenge center, then make some art to illustrate it? That's great! We'd love for you to submit both!

> In order to receive your points, you have to post here <
So you've finished some art or writing. Now what? Well, just post them here (links only please! No images) and one of our staff will award you some points!

> Trading and gifting points? <
Sorry, but we don't allow you to trade, gift, or sell your points! You can gift items, but that must be discussed with aray17 through PM.

> Art or writing from before August 1st 2018 <
Unfortunately, we don't accept any art made before August 1st, 2018 unless it was posted/submitted onto v.2 Challenge Center.

> I made a lineart and did a bunch of paid color-ins for people, can I submit those? <
If people paid for them, you can't submit them, I'm sorry! However if you did a bunch of free color-ins for people, you are absolutely welcome to submit them for points!

> I wanted to use some vouchers on a breeding, but the person I have a slot with won't let me! <
If a user wants to restrict the use of certain vouchers on slots with their Tolters, they have a right to do so. When items are available to be bought from the Challenge Center, an addition will be made to all breeding forms asking for screenshot proof allowing or restricting use of item vouchers. If you cannot provide these and are wanting to use items your breeding will be declined.

> Will points from the V.1 challenge center transfer? <
Unfortunately, no. There was no way to accurately transfer them, so that was the price to pay in order to get a new one! Good news though! Your points from V.2 will transfer according to the new V.3 scale.

> I had a lot of points in the old one! It's not fair! <
If you need further explanation on it, please let me know ^^

> How do I trade items/vouchers? <
Please use the form provided in the prizes section and fill it out. Once filled out, post it on this thread. No longer will I be accepting DM's/PM's of trades. Thanks!

> What do I do when I have used a voucher? <
Please post a link to the tolter you used the voucher on and state which voucher was used. Thanks!

> When will points be calculated/bank updated after I submit my work? <
There is a standard 3-5 business days policy. It is your responsibility to communicate/plan ahead with voucher trades, customs, etc. I have a life outside of CS. Do not ask when the challenge center will be updated/bump the challenge center unless there has been a week of inactivity on my end. Thanks!

More may be added as necessary!
Last edited by aray17 on Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Points System

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:22 am

Point System
Rules:
•No posting an entry twice for points even if you have made modifications to your entry (color-ins are different)
•Cannot post a single entry under two point categories

Points Archive

When posting your work on this thread, please link all of your artwork and writing. Use the form provided below!
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Submissions:[/b] (please link to work and link to tolter the work is about)
[b]Date Submitted:[/b]

Traditional Art wrote:Traditional Art (drawn by user):
Art must be colored in
•Lined: 3 pts.
•Unlined/sketch: 1 pt.
•Colored: 5 pts.
•Plain: no points
•Shaded: 2 pts.
•Landscape Background: 5 pts.
•Solid color background: 1 pt.
•Headshot: 5 pts.
•Partial body: 7 pts.
•Full-body: 10 pts.
•Bonus (rarely given out, art must stand out/be difficult, tolter difficulty): TBD

Digital Art wrote:Digital Art (drawn by user):
Art must be colored in
•Lined: 3 pts.
•Unlined/sketch: 1 pt.
•Colored: 5 pts.
•Plain: no points
•Shaded: 2 pts.
•Landscape Background: 5 pts.
•color background: 1 pt.
•Headshot: 5 pts.
•Partial body: 7 pts.
•Full-body: 10 pts.
•Animated gif: (running, full movement) 8 pts.
•Small animation: (blinking) 3 pts.
•Medium animation: (nodding, tail movement) 4 pts.
•Large animation: (running) 6 pts.
•Bonus (rarely given out, art must stand out/be difficult, tolter difficulty): TBD

Editable Lineart wrote:Editable lineart (colored in by user):
•3 pts for headshot
•4 pts for partial body
•5 pts for full body
•1 pt for simple background
•2 pts for medium difficulty background (simplistic background)
•3 pts for difficult background (detailed background)
•1 pt for shading headshot lines
•2 pts for shading full body lines
•If user draws the lineart themselves but colors it in repeatedly, they will be rewarded once for drawing the lineart
•Bonus points can be given for difficulty of tolter

Gift Lines wrote:Gift lines:
•Headshot: 3 pts lineart , 3 pts LA color, 3 pts shading, 3 pts background
•Full body: 6 pts lineart, 4 pts LA color, 4 pts shading, 4 pts background

Other wrote:Stories: 200 word minimum (5 pts.) every additional 100 words 2 pts. What we are looking for is a plot, detail, and depth. You can write about whatever you want! Bonus points can be given depending on detail and depth
Theme songs (1 song per tolter will be counted): 2 pts.(Must be linked to appropriate video/audio, no cussing or explicit content)
Original Theme songs (written by user themselves): TBD based on complexity and detail
Lineages (reward per tolter added, all must be linked): 1 pt. per tolter. One-time submission per family tree. The lineage should start at the base foundation (so tolters with foundation sire/dam) and then move from there. They shouldn't start with descendants right away to avoid confusion in stacking up the same lines. Cannot be resubmitted for more points.
Stables: TBD; stables cannot be commissioned for, cannot be submitted more than once for points. Will be rewarded for extra effort such as personality gifs/images, cleanliness, details, organization, full information provided (personality, adoption page, lineage, height, coat description, gender, mate, breeding slots, etc.).
Character Development (character depth, background, quirks, friend group, etc.): 1 pt. per 50 words. What we are looking for in this section is shorter paragraphs without a plot that describe your tolter. It does not have to be a long story (that should be categorized under the story section). Describing your tolter’s personality, what their quirks are, and etc.
Prize donation: Anyone who donates to BRT Official Raffles/Prize Pools will be rewarded. 2pts per prize, plus additional points depending on the prize offered. i.e. If they donate art they get the 2pts and can also submit the finished piece for full art value-points as well.
Out of the box (must PM staff member to ask): TBD
Last edited by aray17 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompts

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:23 am

Prompts

Below will be posted the weekly, monthly, and special prompts! In order to get prompts points, art or writing must correctly use/display the current prompt and be posted within the posted deadline. Writing must be at least 300 words and drawings must be colored.

Weekly (2 pts.):
Does your tolter have any special Pride traditions? Draw or write about them

Monthly (3 pts.):
What is your tolter's favorite summer activity? Draw or write about them

Special (4 pts.):
Your tolter was just selected to be in the Pride Parade! Draw or write about their experience!
Last edited by aray17 on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prizes

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:23 am

Prizes

Note on edits/vouchers:
•Any edits/items bought in the Challenge Center can not pass down to foals (such as edits, fancy halters, tack, etc. But, genetic edits may pass)
•Things such as guarantee chim/irregular marking/brindle vouchers do not fall under this rule unless otherwise discussed.
•Ask the artists before you use a voucher on a previously-made tolter, breeding, semi custom, or custom.
•Floof vouchers will never be available for purchase
•In order to use a voucher on a previously-made tolter, it cannot change the genotype/phenotype of said tolter (hair dye, eye color change, body paint, hoof paint, small edit, or large edit are all acceptable)
•Vouchers cannot be used to bypass a breeding limitation set on a tolter by their creator on their official adoption page. For example, if chimeric cannot pass you cannot use a voucher to pass it. Even if the other partner has the same trait and its passable through them you cannot use it on the pairing. It must be completely up to rng if that trait will pass or not.
•In breedings, up to THREE vouchers may be used for a single pairing.
•For customs/semi customs up to FOUR vouchers in genetic appearance (additional markings/genes etc.), up to THREE vouchers in aesthetic appearance (paint/item edits etc) at time of creation.
•Pre-exisitng tolters are limited to 5 permanent vouchers used in general. This includes additional slots. So if someone wants to purchase 3 additional breeding slots vouchers, they can only have 2 other vouchers added.
•When a breeding or custom is posted they fall under the category or pre-existing and are granted 5 permanent voucher spots. (not affected by previous vouchers applied before posting)

Form to order prizes:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Challenge Points Total:[/b]
[b]Prize Purchasing & Price:[/b]

Form to trade prizes:
[b]Username:[/b] (your username)
[b]Username:[/b] (who is receiving this item)
[b]Item:[/b] (what voucher you are trading to them)
(don't need to know what they are trading to you, if it is an item/voucher, they too will post a form)

Small Prizes wrote:Hair dye voucher: 15 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs, or previously-designed tolters

Eye color change: 15 pts. (Heterochromia included) One time use, can be used on previously-designed tolters

Shoe color change: 15 pts. One time use, can be used on previously-designed tolters

Body paint voucher: 15 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs, or previously made tolters. Limited to no coverage larger than the cheek area on the tolter unless additional body paints are bought and stacked together. No more than 25% total coverage on one tolter

Hoof paint voucher: 15 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs, or previously made tolters

Small edit voucher: 20 pts. Includes a small flower, small bridle edit, small jewelry edit. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs

Medium Prizes wrote:Medium voucher: 40 pts. custom halter, jewelry, small necklace, etc. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs.

Gene canceling voucher: 50 pts. cancel out a dominant gene in a pairing. For example, a partner in the breeding is GG but you want to lessen the chance you'll have a grey so you use it to make the genotype Gg in this one breeding. It doesn't remove the chance that you'll get the gene completely so it’s a gamble, but it increases the chances that you won't get a specific gene you may not like. It is a temporary gene-canceling voucher, thus not permanent.

Genotype editor: 55 pts. You can use this to edit a pre-existing tolter's genotype. The change cannot affect the general appearance. i.e. you can't change nCr to CrCr because it changes from palomino to cremello. Also cannot be used on Overo as it would be lethal. You can use it on genes like silver, tobiano, grey etc. to make them dominant or non-dominant. Example: ChCh to Chch or Ata to AtAt You cannot add a gene they do not already have. i.e. you can't make them gene carriers. Can be used on previously-made tolters

Reverse voucher: 60 pts.One time use, can be used on semi customs, customs, or breedings. It reverses markings like tobiano, overo, etc. Cannot be used on dilution genes such as dun, silver, or creams.

Gumball machine: 60 pts. Join the discord chat and on the discord chat, go to the thread “favorites” fill out the form and post your favorite coats and markings. Then, once you have the points, buy a quarter to use for the gum ball machine where an available artist will create a tolter based on your favorites! No rare coats or markings (chimera, brindle, manchado, somatic, etc.) No vouchers may be used with this purchase. No changing the design and no recommending anything! It is a surprise! If you don’t like the design, it will be rehomed, no editing it once it is done.

Large edit voucher: 70 pts. Includes a large edit such as hair/mane edit, flower crown, tack, feathering, accessories. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs, or previously-made tolters with artists' permission

Semi custom: 80 pts. basic, provide three common/uncommon coats and markings (no brindle, floof, somatic, chim, birdcatcher, manchado, or any other rare marking/coat; you can purchase some of those features (brindle, somatic, birdcatcher) for additional prices and add them onto your semi custom)

Birdcatcher voucher: 90 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs

Somatic voucher: 90 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs

Large Prizes: wrote:Additional slot voucher: 100 pts, add an additional breeding slot to your tolter. Tolter can be of any rarity but does not guarantee that rare genes will pass. They cannot have any fertility defects or limitations. i.e. no geldings/infertile horses can get additional slots. Same goes for adopts with a pre-determined slot cap as posted by the artist on their official adoption page. A single tolter cannot gain more than 3 additional slots.

Guaranteed trait pass voucher: 100 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings. Guarantees that one trait will pass to the foal. Does not work for floof, manchado, or chimera.

Brindle voucher: 100 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, customs, semi customs

Irregular marking voucher: 100 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings, semi customs, or customs. it causes a tolter to have irregular shapes in the markings. So flowers, skeletal stuff, swirls etc. (they must have some form of marking genes to apply it to; overo, tovero, tobiano, sabino, etc.)

Full custom: 125 pts. basic, provide your common/uncommon coats and markings (no brindle, floof, somatic, chim, birdcatcher, manchado, or any other rare marking/coat; you can purchase those features (brindle, somatic, birdcatcher) for additional prices and add them onto your custom)

2 coat chim custom: 300 pts. Provide your common/uncommon coats and markings (no brindle, floof, somatic, birdcatcher, manchado, or any other rare marking/coat; you can purchase those features (brindle, somatic, birdcatcher) for additional prices and add them onto your custom)

3 coat chim custom: 350 pts. Provide your common/uncommon coats and markings (no brindle, floof, somatic, birdcatcher, manchado, or any other rare marking/coat; you can purchase those features (brindle, somatic, birdcatcher) for additional prices and add them onto your custom)

2 coat chim voucher: 250 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings. One of the parents must be a 2 (or more) coat chimera

3 coat chim voucher: 300 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings. One of the parents must be a 3 (or more) coat chimera
Twins voucher: 300 pts. One time use, can be used on breedings
Last edited by aray17 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New Member Program

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:24 am

New Member Program

This is a program for new users to earn points to get vouchers to get their first tolter! Tolter-less users can create art for other users to earn points (like a gifting thread) and then send the art to the tolter’s owner. Art skills do not matter! It is about love and effort put into the piece! Tolter-less user can PM another tolter’s owner to write stories for them or to help them with coding, art, etc. Also, post in the fan club offering to draw owners’ tolters for them so you can earn points! All of my tolters are available to use for any sort of artwork or writing! You cannot charge the owners a fee of any type. All work must be free. After you create the artwork for the other user, post it here to get your points!
Last edited by aray17 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Coding Corral

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:24 am

Coding Corral

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hello! This is the Coding Corral where you can get coding help for your stables! PM me with your questions and I will help you! Please title your message “Coding Corral” and I will respond ASAP! All services are free!
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bear Run Challenge Center V.3

Postby aray17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:14 am

Open for posting/marking/submitting work!
aray17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:58 am

mark

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:17 am

Mark
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:11 am

mark