Artist ~Trompy [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2572 - Guardian of Atlantis

Postby ~Trompy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm

prize 1 adopt | prize 2 adopt (Here)

Prompt 9

"A summer storm is brewing... what is it, and what are your Viscets doing to prepare for this "storm"? What is the aftermath?"

Note - the prompt does not need to specifically be about an actual storm! Tensions have been rising for a while, so tell us all about it! This prompt is pretty open and we can't wait to see what you guys do with it. ^^

Rules/Limits:

There is a minimum requirement of 500 words OR 2 pieces of art for your form to qualify.
    There is a maximum of 2500 words or 6 art pieces.
    Art does not have to be colored to qualify.
    If you choose art, you can have 100 words per image to describe the scene a little (if you are afraid it's unclear).
    Your images may include words, but they count in the 100 words per image rule.

This prompt will be open from 7/30 to 8/6, 10:00 PM CST. Please note that this time is final. There are no extensions!

mutations wrote:Mermaid Tail (Fanned variant) - Event Rare
Finned Tufts (New variant) - Roaming

Remember to post your forms on the Prize 1 Adopt!

--------------------------

Ready for some Trompy backstory you didn't ask for?

Okay, so the viscet itself is based off a guppy, but the items are based off a PC 2-game series that I'm sure nobody remembers or has even heard of, "The Riddle of the Sphynx" and "The Omega Stone". My mom and I played them a long time ago (it was for windows ME, 95 and 2000!) but we never did finish the Omega Stone (the sequel). It's funny, I say 'we' as if I had any part in it back then, I was too little to solve any puzzles, I just watched her play. Anyway, we had gotten stuck and could not progress and back in the day when there were no internet cheat sheets, we had to give it up. It haunted the both of us that we never finished that game.

Jump ahead almost 15 years later (a few months ago), I get excited when I find the games were re-released, made for Windows 7 and Vista! I bought the CDs for my mom's birthday with the plans of playing them again (so that they might actually work on the new computers; our old CDs had lots of issues running). Mom and I got together (now that I could actually be useful) and we quickly learned the reason we couldn't progress in "The Omega Stone" was because our old CD was bugged and didn't give us a key we needed!!! Happy tears were shed as we progressed and saw parts of the game we had never seen before, puzzled were solved, and after four days of putting our heads together, we won the game!! It was really hard too, without the two of us we wouldn't have ever finished it. It was a huge bonding moment for the two of us, and a huge relief.

And you're probably asking, why does a fifteen year old video game have anything to do with this viscet?

The Riddle of the Sphinx was obviously Egyptian inspired (it is the main reason why I love Egyptian themes so much). But, in the Omega Stone, the entire game was about searching for clues to prove Atlantis was real. Towards the very end of the game, in a Mayan temple, (no spoilers in case you want to play), one of the doors you need to unlock was this ionized copper color. That beautiful green-blue. Throughout the game you collected these skulls that were this color and they were the keys, and when we finally found that door... it was a huge moment. And everything had Mayan influence in the theme. So the attire of this viscet has Mayan symbols and themes, in the "Atlantis" colors from the game. Phew!!

If you are interested in playing these games I have to warn you The Riddle of the Sphinx is notorious for not working. The older version (Windows ME, 95, 2000) works more often than the new one (if you can get it running), and the opposite is true for its sequel The Omega Stone (the new Windows 7/Vista one worked flawlessly on my Windows 10). They are made by "The Adventure Company" and if you don't like puzzles and/or reading pages of useless information for one clue (or sometimes no clue), you won't like it! And if any of you HAVE played these games, please send me a PM, I would love to geek out with you!

I'm done rambling, I promise! Sorry to waste your time if you actually read all that XD
"Be loyal to what matters." ~Arthur Morgan

About Me
He/They
Transmasc
ADHD/Autistic
Always down for a nap

ImageImageImage
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2572 - Guardian of Atlantis

Postby Hail. » Sun May 26, 2019 1:22 am

This viscet is now owned by milo.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2572 - Guardian of Atlantis

Postby milo. » Sun May 26, 2019 7:15 am

My man!!! Thank you so much hails!!

His name is Xi'lan, and he's a big Boi!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me