BearClan

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

BearClan 09

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:22 am

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 20 (3 kits)
Number of Servings: 4
Next Ruins Visit: Now!
Next Birth: N/A
Mod Notes: N/A

Archive

Cindertail could hardly feel his legs. His brain was numb and he was staring blankly up at his leader. Around him, cats wept, shouted, and stood eerily still. Slatestar had just broken the news about the bear. Every other moon a cat would be sacrificed? Why? What did this tyrant have against them? The tom was pulled back into reality by a gentle nudge. It was Rabbitspark. The two had become close lately, and she looked extremely concerned. "Cindertail?" she whispered to him, examining his face "Are you ok?" Cindertail turned slowly to face her. He blinked. Something about her expression, the way she looked at him, how concerned she was for him, made him feel something he'd never felt before. Maybe it was the circumstances. At any moment he could be chosen to go and fight for his life and, most-likely, lose. Whatever it was, he felt a strong emotion piercing through the haze in his mind. His vision focused and his surroundings became less fuzzy. He shook himself mentally, blinking and giving a small smile. "I'm fine." he assured her "Rabbitspark, I-" The warrior was cut off by an outraged howl. It was Cougarleap. "Really?" He hissed "Slatestar! You're okay with this?" Slatestar's shoulder's sagged. He was standing face to face with the young, fiery warrior. Cindertail noticed his gaunt features. His leader was obviously tired and beaten. "Cougarleap." Slatestar sighed "I don't want to do this. But if we don't, we'll all die." Vipersun nodded. "It's a simple ethics concept." He pointed out "When you're given the choice to save a group at the expense of one, it's a clear answer. Besides, you have a chance to live. The Bear might be crazy, but he is fair. If you survive a day with him, he'll let you go." Cougarleap turned to the tom. "But three times?" He hissed "What if we run out of warriors?" Slatestar shook his head. "That won't happen." He stated firmly "We'll train harder, become stronger. BearClan will have the strongest warriors...and a few new rules given to me by StarClan to keep it that way." The Clan's jabbering quieted down, clearly interested in what the leader had to say. Slatestar bunched his muscles and leaped up onto the outcrop. "StarClan has been speaking with me for the past few days to tell me the rules they came up with to ensure our survival. To make sure every cat has a fair chance of being chosen, we will draw stones. As a part of a cat's warrior ceremony, they will receive three unique stones to be placed in a hollow. Every two moons, a single stone will be drawn. Whoever's stone that is will go. The next is obvious. Warriors will be the only ones to participate in the drawings. Apprentices, Elders, Queens, Medicine Cats, and, of course, kits, can be free until they become warriors. The second will be that Elders can only be made if you survived your three bear fights, are too old to fight, or are seriously injured. Also, from now on, I would like to keep the population conserved, that way we can have enough prey and training resources. Of course, we won't deny any new rogues or any strong cats willing to join our ranks. However," He gulped "Every couple can only have one litter. But, to be fair, if the litter somehow doesn't make it, or there's only one kit, you can have another. This also applies if you get a new mate, but you can only have two mates." Surprisingly, the Clan was silent. Slatestar flicked his ear, waiting to see if his cats had any comments before continuing "I know this next one might be odd, but I think the leader and deputy should have already completed their three trials. I know Sandstep and I have not, but this rule eliminates the chance that the leader or deputy dies." Eyes just blinked at him. Some had solemness and confusion. Others had fiery rage. But most surprisingly, many of them had acceptance. Dunewing got to his paws. "These rules are odd, I will agree." He started "But I'll follow them. Slatestar, you are trying to do the best for our Clan. It will be difficult to adapt, yes, but we'll get used to it." At his words, the cats seemed to realize what he was saying. They nodded. Slatestar heaved a sigh. "Thank you, Dunewing," he meowed sincerely "I'm glad you see what I'm tying to do. I don't want any of our Clanmates to be sacrificed, but we have to. I hope you all can forgive me for these rules, but I believe they're in our best interest." He turned around with one last nod, and disappeared into his den.

~~~~

Quailthroat looked fondly at her kits. The only ones she would ever have. Well, with Batfur anyways, but she definitely didn't plan on getting a new mate. Her tail curled protectively around them. She knew they would grow into strong, brave, bear-fighting warriors. Her daughter, Elmkit, squealed hungrily. Smiling, the new mother gently nudged the black she-kit closer. Next to her brothers, she was the smallest, even though she and Talonkit were rather lose in size. Nightkit, however, was larger than both of them, much like his father. Even though Quailthroat was older than her mate, Batfur was larger, taller and more muscular. As if he had sensed her thoughts, the tom pushed through the vines that covered the rocky nursery entrance. "How are my favorite cats in the world?" He purred. The warrior walked over to his family and settled beside his mate. "Well, I'm doing fine, a bit tired, but fine." Quailthroat sighed happily "Your kits, however, are feisty. Really hungry and noisy." Batfur chuckled and nuzzled his mate "Yea sorry, my brothers and I were always like that as kits. Well, Cougarleap still is, but..." The father trailed off when he notices his mate's glossy, tear-filled eyes. Batfur's smile dropped and he sighed. "What's wrong my love?" he asked, resting his head on her head. Quailthroat let out a quiet sob. "I just can't imagine losing you or our kits to the bear." She meowed "I wish this wasn't happening." Batfur licked his mate's nose and nuzzled her, pulling her close and pushing against her cheek. "I know." he whispered "But listen, I'll be here for you. For our kits. I love you. I will do everything I can to protect you. I promise you I'll never let you go..."

[Batfur, Rabbitspark, and Cedarsplash patrol]
[Wisteriawind, Vipersun, and Cindertail hunt]
[Slatestar asks StarClan for a strong warrior]
[Cindertail teaches Adderpaw hunting]
[Weaselfur teachesFogpaw swimming]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw stealth]
[Sandstep teaches Stormpaw stealth]
[Minkblossom looks for herbs]
[The Clan consumes x1 hare and x1 mouse]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 38 m | M | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 34 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 44 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Dunewing | 38 m | M | X
          Cindertail | 26 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 20 m | M | X
          Batfur | 20 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 54 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 26 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 22 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 34 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 35 m | F | X
          Wisteriawind | 35 m | F | X
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Apprentices:
          Stormpaw | 13 m | M | X
          Adderpaw | 7 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 7 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 7 m | F | X (right)

Queens:
          Quailthroat | 30 m | F | X

Kits:
          Nightkit | 1 m | Male | X
          Elmkit | 1 m | Female | X
          Talonkit | 1 m | Male | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    North | Clan Name | Username
    East | KwamiClan | Savannah-the-Caracal
    South | Clan Name | Username
    West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Cobweb | Stops bleeding | x1
    Chervil | Helps queens give birth | x0
    Marigold | Stops infection | x3
    Poppy Seeds | Eases Pain | x1
    Mouse Bile | Removes ticks | x1
    Broom | Helps broken bones | x1
    Stinging Nettle | Brings down swelling/induces vomiting| x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mose | x3 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x0 | 1 servings
    Small Fish | x0 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x1 | 2 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings
    Big Fish | x3 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves (hunting, battle strategy, climbing, stealth, swimming)
    Sandstep | Stormpaw | 4 | Hunting, Swimming, Climbing, Battle Strategy
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 0 | moves
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 0 | moves
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 0 | moves

Stone Pool:
    (On hold until more cats join)
    Cat Name | Number of Stones Left
    Dunewing | 3
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3

Deceased Cats:
    Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    ??? and ??? | Sandstep, Vipersun
    ??? and Cedarsplash | Adderpaw, Fogpaw, Squirrelpaw
    Batfur and Quailthroat | Nightkit, Elmkit, Talonkit
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 10

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:23 am

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 21 (3 kits)
Number of Servings: 5
Next Ruins Visit: 7/09

Archive

Stormpaw shifted nervously outside the apprentices den. Today was the day. He was, hopefully, going to become a warrior! But, he wasn't excited. To tell the truth, the tom didn't know how to feel. Sure, he was about to become what he had been working for since he was seven moons old, but becoming a warrior now meant that he would be sacrificing his life. Well, it had always meant that, but now it was a given. The grey apprentice flicked his tail. 'Don't be ridiculous!' Stormpaw scolded himself 'You joined this Clan to be a warrior and that's what you'll be.' Thankfully, he heard another cat approaching him. It was Adderpaw, probably waking up for the morning hunting patrol. Why else would she be awake this early? Adderpaw nearly bumped into Stormpaw. She jerked back. "O-oh I'm sorry." She apologized quickly "I didn't see you there!" Stormpaw just smiled, too nervous to speak. Adderpaw tilted her head. "What's wrong?" She asked. But then realization sunk in. "Oh! Today's the day, isn't it?" Stormpaw nodded. Sighing, Adderpaw settled beside him. "Are you worried you won't pass?" She asked, trying to uncover what was bugging him. She had always seen Stormpaw as a good friend, and she always tried to help a friend out, even though she didn't have many. The tom shook his head. He cleared his throat, struggling to control his emotions. "I'm not worried about the actual assessment. I think I'll do fine. I'm worried about...about..." Stormpaw trailed off, not wanting to sound emotional in front of a she-cat. He had to be strong. He was about to become a fierce warrior, after all. "You're worried about what comes after." She finished quietly "About the bear?" Stormpaw cleared his throat. "Yea...about the bear." He confirmed, voice barely above a whisper. The two sat in silence for a moment, Adderpaw trying to think of something to say."You know, I get it." Adderpaw sighed eventually "I worry about it too. Squirrelpaw only thinks about what training will be like, and what she'll talk about with her friends, and by friends I mean you. Fogpaw, well, Fogpaw doesn't really talk about anything. In fact, she's so quiet it's hard to tell whether or not she thinks at all. She just tries to get through the day without dying, I suppose. She's one of those cats who just goes through every single scenario to think of what could go wrong. Cedarsplash is like that, too. Whenever we played outside, she'd check us for scratches and burrs. But I'm the only one in our family who really thinks about the future, I think. I mean, Squirrelpaw always talks about how she's going to have this huge romance and a large family, but she doesn't think beyond that. I always worry about how we're going to survive. If there'll be enough food to last the day, if a band of rouges drive us out, and what will happen when I go to face the Bear. Especially these past few moons. I've heard Slatestar talking to Sandstep and the rest of the warriors; I'm pretty sure we'll start the drawing soon. The most we can do is just pray that no one we love gets picked. For you it's different, I guess. You didn't grow up here. You joined at seven moons, right? I mean, yes, the Clan is your family. And I don't have much room to talk since I wasn't born here either, but it's just you. And I get it. You're scared. I coul'dnt imagine what it would be like to lose Cedarsplash, Fogpaw, and Squirrelpaw, as much as they get on my nerves. It's okay to admit that you're terrified. Because I am too." By now, tears were starting to well up in Adderpaw's eyes. She hadn't meant to say all of that, but the words just didn't stop. She hated crying, more than anything. In her eyes, it made her seem weak, made other cats pity her. And she hated that. But she couldn't help it. The tears just kept coming out, making dark patches on her brown fur. She held her breath, trying not to let out a large sob, trying not to let Stormpaw know she had feelings too. But he was watching her, his wide eyes glued to her face. Suddenly, she felt a tail around her. She was being pulled closer to the tom, and she let herself be pushed into him. She buried her face into his shoulder. "Sorry." She choked out, squeezing her eyes and willing herself to stop acting like a kit. Stormpaw rested his chin on her head. He swallowed. "Don't be." He whispered to her. His voice was tight, as if he was trying not to cry with her. She looked up a him. His bright yellow eyes were glossy and tears were forming at the edges. "You know, you speak as if you're a warrior already." He meowed "And you're right. I am alone. If I died no one would even miss me." He blinked, sending tear drops down his face. Adderpaw shook her head firmly. "N-No that's not true, Stormpaw." She insisted. She pushed her head into his neck fur, allowing his scent to flow around her. "I would miss you. You're the sweetest cat I've ever known. You may not know it, but you've been there for me when I've needed it the most. Like that one day after training. Remember? I was so mad at myself because I hadn't caught anything, not even a mouse. I felt useless, like I'd never catch a piece of prey in my life. But then you came over to me and shared your rabbit and told me stories of when you first tried to hunt. You fell flat on your face!" She gave a small chuckle and received one from Stormpaw as well. "I wouldn't know what I'd do without you." Adderpaw smiled up at him, getting lost in his golden eyes. He looked down at her with understanding in his eyes his tail wrapped around hers, a sign that he was thankful for her word. "I feel the same way." He whispered "You always make me laugh when I'm sad. And rescue me from Squirrelpaw." He added with a chuckle. Adderpaw snorted. "Yea your'e welcome, she's really stubborn. You should try to pry her away from you it's like tearing bark off of a tree." She neowed, whiskers twitching in amusement. Her eyes were drying and she felt okay again. She backed away, a form of regret filling her as the two untangled. "Sorry for all of that, I'm not usually that emotional." She apologized, staring at her paws. Stormpaw shook his head. "No, honestly, it's fine. I'm glad that you can be sensitive and not an emotionless stick." Adderpaw rolled her eyes. She looked behind her friend and saw the sandy pelt of her deputy approaching them. She sighed happily. "I think it's time." She meowed to him. Stormpaw clenched his jaw. "Good luck! Promise me you'll tell me all about it when you get back?" Stormpaw smilled and got to his paws. "Promise." He assured. With that, he turned around and padded up to his mentor. The two spoke quickly and the went on their way, Stormpaw sneaking a wink at Adderpaw before exiting through the bush tunnel. Adderpaw watched after him, a large smile plastered on her face. She felt a strange feeling stir in her heart, something she had never felt before. However, her attempts at figuring it out were interrupted by her sisters. Squirrelpaw bounced next to her. "Was that Stormpaw?" She asked hopefully. Adderpaw nodded. "He just left to go take his assesment!" She announced. Awe flooded Squirrelpaw's eyes. "Wow!" She exclaimed "I wonder what his new name will be! I bet it'll be sooo cool!" Fogpaw rolled her eyes. "You know, he won't be sleeping in our den anymore." She teased. Adderpaw saw Squirrelpaw's tail droop. "Yea I know." She meowed sadly "I'll miss him!" Fogpaw giggled. "Oh, I'm sure you will." Squirrelpaw's face turned bright red. "Shut up!" She hissed playfully. Adderpaw tilted her head in confusion. Fogpaw raised an eyebrow. "Don't you know?" The grey and white she-cat meowed "Squirrelpaw is crushing on Stormpaw big time!" Squirrelpaw let out a high pitched squeal of embarrassment. "Really?!" Adderpaw meowed, forcing her voice to sound cheerful, when in reality there was a huge pit opening in her chest. "Maybe..." Squirrelpaw meowed, face still the color of a rose. 'Well that makes two of us...' Adderpaw thought to herself, fake smile still plastered on her muzzle.

[Stormpaw takes his final assessment. If he passes, he will return a full warrior of BearClan! (I'd appreciate it if you could give a name suggestion because I honestly don't have any ideas ;-;)]
[Ravencloud, Cougarleap, Rabbitspark, and Weaselfur patrol]
[Batfur, Cindertail, Adderpaw, and Dunewing hunt]
[Cindertail teaches Adderpaw swimming]
[Weaselfur teaches Fogpaw battle strategy]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw climbing]
[The Clan consumes x1 hare and x2 mice]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 39 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 35 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 45 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Dunewing | 39 m | M | X
          Cindertail | 27 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 21 m | M | X
          Batfur | 21 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 55 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 27 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 23 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 35 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 36 m | F | X
          Wisteriawind | 36 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 24 m | F | X

Apprentices:
          Stormpaw | 14 m | M | X
          Adderpaw | 8 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 8 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 8 m | F | X (right)

Queens:
          Quailthroat | 31 m | F | X

Kits:
          Nightkit | 2 m | Male | X
          Elmkit | 2 m | Female | X
          Talonkit | 2 m | Male | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Marigold | Stops infection | x4
    Burnet | Gives strength | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mose | x1 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x0 | 1 servings
    Hare | x2 | 3 servings
    Big Fish | x3 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves (hunting, battle strategy, climbing, stealth, swimming)
    Sandstep | Stormpaw | 5 | Hunting, Swimming, Climbing, Battle Strategy, Stealth
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 1 | Swimming
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 1 | moves

Stone Pool:
    (On hold until more cats join)
    Dunewing | 3
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 11

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:24 am

B E A R C L A N
Next Ruins Visit: 7/09

Archive

Dunewing watched happily as Stormpaw stood in front of his leader. The young tom looked as if he was about to burst with pride. Dunewing didn't blame him. Becoming a warrior was a big deal and he was excited to see his Clan grow. He sighed as he thought about his own future kits becoming warriors. That is, if he had any. He wasn't exactly a she-cat magnet and he was starting to find grey hairs among his pale ginger pelt. He shrugged. Maybe he didn't deserve kits. After all, he had his chance with Pepper but he blew it; he broke her heart. He felt a fresh string of guilt wind through his veins. It had happened so many moons ago, but his stupidity still haunted him. Sighing, he focused back onto the ceremony. He saw the three apprentices (Adderpaw, Fogpaw, and Squirrelpaw) out of the corner of his eye. The she-cats looks jealous, excited, and proud at the same time, probably thinking about their own ceremonies. Slatestar touched his muzzle to Stormpaw's head, giving him the name Stormfang. After the leader pulled away, Stormpaw-no-Stormfang turned to face the Clan. At once, all of BearClan was shouting his name as loud as they could. "Stormfang! Stormfang!" they cried. Their words bounced off of the stone walls that enclosed most of the camp, echoing their chants and amplifying them. A few moments passed before the yowls and cries stopped. Almost everyone rushed up to the new warrior to give their congratulations, Squirrelpaw especially. She was bouncing up and down, mouth moving nonstop. Dunewing rolled his eyes. Typical Squirrelpaw. The tom rose to his paws and looked at Stormfang. The new warrior nodded to him, acknowledging Dunewing's dislike of crowded places. Dunewing gave a sincere smile and dipped his head in congratulations. Then, he walked out of camp.

The forest was sunny and warm, birdsong filling his head and warm scents of prey made his mouth water. Shaking his head, he let out an exasperated sigh. Another warrior, another sacrifice. Slatestar had said that this was the last moon of peace. Next moon, one cat would be sent to their death...most likely. He was oddly curious about who it would be. He sent up a silent prayer to StarClan that it wouldn't be Stormfang. 'Let it be an older warrior. One with more of a chance.' He pleaded. He layed down in a patch of good-smelling flowers. Daisies. His favorite. He rested his chin on his paws and drifted off to sleep, trying to escape the troubles of BearClan, surrounded by the scent of his favorite flower, the sun warming his body.

(sorry about the short post, didn't really know what to write about)

[Stormpaw becomes Stormfang!]
[Dunewing, Stormfang, and Ravencloud patrol]
[Sandstep, Vipersun, Wisteriawind, and Cedarsplash hunt]
[Stormfang, Slatestar, Cougarleap, and Batfur hunt]
[Cindertail teaches Adderpaw Battle strategy]
[Weaselfur teaches Fogpaw Hunting]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw stealth, hoping that she can be more focused this time]
[The Clan consumes x1 big fish and x1 small fish]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 40 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 36 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 46 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Dunewing | 40 m | M | X
          Cindertail | 28 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 22 m | M | X
          Batfur | 22 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 56 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 28 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 24 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 36 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 37 m | F | X
          Wisteriawind | 37 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 25 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 15 m | M | X

Apprentices:
          Adderpaw | 9 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 9 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 9 m | F | X (right)

Queens:
          Quailthroat | 32 m | F | X

Kits:
          Nightkit | 3 m | Male | X
          Elmkit | 3 m | Female | X
          Talonkit | 3 m | Male | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    West | FloodClan | Yukon_Shadows

Medicine Store
    Dock | Helps soothe scratches | x1
    Willow Bark | Eases pain | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mose | x1 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x1 | 1 servings
    Hare | x2 | 3 servings
    Big Fish | x2 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 2 | Hunting, Swimming
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 2 | Swimming, Battle Strategy
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 2 | Climbing

Stone Pool:
    Dunewing | 3
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 12

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:25 am

B E A R C L A N

Archive

Wisteriawind couldn't sleep. Two major things hung on her mind. One was the impending doom that was lurking in the future. Tomorrow would be the first drawing. It was a wonder that any of her Clanmates could drift off. But maybe that was for the best. In your dreams, nothing could really hurt you. It was as if they left their troubles behind for a few hours. But Wisteriawind lay there, belly up, flicking her tail nervously. The second thing was her love. Thornshard of FloodClan. It felt like moons since she had met him and his sister at the border. Well, maybe because it had been. The she-cat had sneaked out before, but this time would be different. She and Thornshard agreed that they wanted kits, and that this would be the time to try. She forced herself to roll over, gingerly rising to her paws. She lifted her tail off of the floor so it didst rustle any leaves. She stepped over all of her Clanmates paws and sprawled out tails, almost tripping over Cougarleap's. She smiled, remembering what Thornshard had said about trapping him in cobwebs to keep the fiery warrior from kicking the resting cats around him. The darkness blended well with her brown pelt. She crawled out of the den, pressing herself against the rock wall. Only the nursery and the apprentice's den was carved into the cliff face but the moon was in the position that cast the shadow of the woven bracken warrior's den onto the wall. Wisteriawind slunk behind the rocky outcrop that Slatestar would be using in the morning, and out of a secret hold in the bushes that made up the rest of the camp wall. The branches clawed at her fluffy pelt but they were unsuccessful in collecting patches of fur. She made it out on the other side, turning back and sighing before trotting into the forest.

~~~~

The sun was bright and Adderpaw was impatient. Slatestar still hadn't emerged and the Clan was more or less 'ready' to see who would be gobbled up first. The apprenticed shifted her eyes over to the pit dug into the ground beneath the outcrop. The shiny stones glared at the gathered cats, seemingly mocking them with their unique colors and shapes. 'Who's ready to die?' The seemed to challenge. Adderpaw swayed uncomfortably. Stormfang sat beside her. His amber eyes were glued to the crack in the rock face where Slatestar slept. He was no doubt awake, just was too nervous or filled with regret perhaps, to face the cats in his ranks. Stormfang gave a small whimper. Adderpaw blinked at him sympathetically. Their conversation came back to mind, causing Adderpaw to cringe. She shouldn't have said anything, to be honest. She hated sharing. But what was done, was done. Licking her lips, she tried to think of how to comfort him. She decided just to move her tail closer. She gently placed it on top of his, curling it so that their tails were subtly intertwined. She sneaked a glance at her sister, since Squirrelpaw had confessed to liking the grey tom and Adderpaw dreaded hurting her. Stormfang seemed to wince at her touch, then instantly relaxed, giving her a small smile. Adderpaw smiled back, trying to show him that it would be okay. He gave a sight and scooted closer a small bit. Adderpaw clenched her jaw and looked up. She saw the grey shape of Slatestar perched on the ledge. His eyes darted nervously around the camp. "Cats of BearClan!" He called, voice tight "The time has come for the drawing." He heaved himself down to the ground. His paws thudded on the hardened mud and he walked slowly over to the divot. He paused, eyeing the stones. His fur was noticeably fluffed up and his muscles were tense. He licked his lips and slowly lifted a paw. He dipped it into the stones, a pained expression on his face as if he was putting it into a pool of fire. He swatted it out of the hole. It danced over the ground, making small thudding sounds as it rolled. All of the cats leaned forward in tense anticipation. Slatestar moved slowly over to it cautiously, eyeing it as if it was a vicious snake. No one could see the rock. But everyone could see Slatestar. His jaw was slack and his tail was in the dust, and he looked like he would fall over at any moment. Sandstep rushed over to him, propping him up and whispering to him. Slatestar nodded and blinked at his Clan. And at one cat in particular. He cleared his throat and looked into the sandy tom's eyes. "Dunewing." he meowed coarsely "Your stone has been drawn."

[Wisteriawind sneaks out and becomes mates with Thornshard of FloodClan. They try for kits.]
[Dunewing's stone has been drawn. He goes to the bear]
[Slatestar asks StarClan for an apprentice]
[Batfur, Weaselfur, Wisteriawind, and Fogpaw patrol]
[Ravencloud, Vipersun, and Stormfang hunt]
[Cindertail teaches Adderpaw stealth]
[Weaselfur teaches Fogpaw Hunting]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw swimming]
[The Clan consumes x1 big fish and x1 squirrel]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 41 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 37 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 47 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Dunewing | 41 m | M | X
          Cindertail | 29 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 23 m | M | X
          Batfur | 23 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 57 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 29 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 25 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 37 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 38 m | F | X
          Wisteriawind | 38 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 26 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 16 m | M | X

Apprentices:
          Adderpaw | 10 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 10 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 10 m | F | X (right)

Queens:
          Quailthroat | 33 m | F | X

Kits:
          Nightkit | 4 m | Male | X
          Elmkit | 4 m | Female | X
          Talonkit | 4 m | Male | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Tormentil | Extracts poison | x1
    Blackberry Leaf | Eases bee stings | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x1 | 1 servings
    Small Fish | x2 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
    Hare | x3 | 3 servings
    Big Fish | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 3 | Hunting, Swimming, Battle Strategy
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 3 | Swimming, Battle Strategy, Hunting
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 3 | Climbing, Stealth

Stone Pool:
    Dunewing | 2
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 13

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:26 am

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 22 (4 kits)
Next Birth: Wisteriawind (2 posts)

Archive

~~~~~
GORE WARNING AHEAD!
~~~~~
1 moon ago

Dunewing's brain clouded over. Him? Why him of all cats? His eyes were glued to his paws but he could feel the gazes of his Clanmates burning into his pelt. His paws swayed beneath him and the next thing he knew, Sandstep and Cedarsplash were huddled around him. Sandstep had her head on his shoulder and was whispering encouraging words that Dunewing was too shocked to hear. Cedarsplash's tail was wrapped around his and was licking his fur to calm him down. But the tom was too numb to feel anything. Not even anger at Slatestar. In fact, the leader looked extremely puzzled and horrified, a silent plead of sorrow piercing his gaze. He licked his lips and started to approach Dunewing, but decided not to and instead retreated to his den. Dunewing was sitting with his shoulders hunched now, and his eyes were wide. His lungs felt empty even though he was breathing heavily. I'm going to die...' he realized. His fluffy tail lashed slowly over the ground. He rose to his paws, pushing away the two she-cats. He was the first ever warrior of BearClan. He would be the first to fight the bear... and win. Determination and angst caused Dunewing to puff up. He was stopped by Vipersun. Dunewing shot a glance at him and shoved past. Pausing before he left, he turned around to face the worried and shocked look on his friends' faces. He dipped his head and smiled thankfully at them. He was thankful. For all of the kindness and sweet sweet memories. Blinking back the tears, he shook himself mentally. He would be back.

The climb up to the cave was shorter than he thought it would be. Maybe because he wasn't paying attention and just wanted to get this over with. The sun was going down now. It wasn't dark and the oranges and rosy colors of sunset hadn't painted the sky yet, but they would be by the time he had finished, no doubt. Licking his lips nervously, he walked until he stood in front of the eerie cave mouth. A small breeze that stank of bear glided past him, making him scrunch up his nose. Suddenly, he heard a small growl. "You the cat?" a deep voice echoed. Dunewing couldn't bring himself to speak, so he gave a quick, curt nod. A threatening laugh filled Dunewing's skull. He slowly placed his paws in the cave, unsheathing his claws. How was this fight supposed to start? His answer was answered very quickly.

A large bellow split the tense air. Dunewing's eyes widened as large, glittering teeth hurling at him. He threw himself out of the way just in time before the jaws snapped shut. Dunewing flattened his ears, hissed, and hurled himself at the bear's face. He latched on, digging his claws into soft flesh. He lifted a paw and swiped at the bear's muzzle, feeling blood droplets spraying onto his paws and drip onto the cavern floor. The bear roared in pain, rearing up onto his hind paws and rubbing his muzzle against the cave ceiling. Dunewing felt himself being pushed against a hanging rock. The cat lost his grip and slid down the bear's cheek, able to rake his claws down the side of its face. The warrior thudded on the ground, the wind knocked out of him from the long drop. Before he could get to his feet and launch his next attack, his opponent latched onto Dunewing's leg, his teeth sinking into his flesh. He yowled in a mixture of pain, fear, and rage. He scrabbled to his three remaining feet, kicking out wildly. He managed to twist around, scratching crazily at the bear's large black nose. The bear stumbled back in shock, letting go of Dunewing. The tom paused for a moment to assess the damage. He winced as he saw a white streak among his blood-stained fur. Well, that was no use. Three-legged it was. He spread his paws and fluffed up, his eyes narrowing to slits, and fur bushing out. He emitted a throaty growl and waited for the bear to come closer. Once it did, he bunched his muscles. It was just like pouncing on a hare. A hare a big as a tree, that was. He lowered his body and then launched himself at the bear. He landed square on its shoulders. Just like a hare. He Opened his jaws wide, gave a ear-piercing yowl and plunged his jaws into the bear's neck, shaking and jerking violently to try and rip through skin. The bear reared again, but this time Dunewing clamped down harder, feeling the metallic tang of blood surged into his mouth. It rushed down his throat, threatening to choke him, But Dunewing didn't dare let go. His broken leg lay limp and swung as the bear thrashed and bucked, trying to dislodge the small feline. Eventually, the amount of blood in Dunewing's mouth and throat became too much and he let go, spitting it onto the bear's head. The bear took this change and flung Dunewing off, sending the sandy tom flying. He hit the cold stone wall and slithered to the floor, His back had a sharp pain in it and he couldn't fell his good leg. Tingles shot up his spine, rendering his limbs useless. Dunewing squeezed his eyes and clenched his jaw, trying as hard as he could, and willing StarClan to allow his legs to work. But it was no use. The most he could do was prop himself up on his front paws. He didn't even feel the bear scoop him up in his jaws. He furrowed his brow as he saw the ground move further and further away. He felt the hot breath on his neck and he turned around to come face to face with the bear. Rage burned fervently in his eyes. A growl sounded in his throat. He felt the jaws slowly close, a numb pressure on his belly, and sudden pain. He wrinkled his nose as he scented his blood spilling in the bear's jaws. It flowed over the white teeth, staining them red. Dunewing used his last ounce of energy to slash the bear's lips. Another growl and more pressure. Dunewing kept swiping frantically, trying to make the bear drop him. Finally, the bear had enough. But it didn't drop him. Instead, he carried Dunewing over to the opening of the cave. Fear flooded every corner of Dunewing's body. He clawed even faster, hoping the bear wasn't going to do what Dunewing thought he was going to do. The bear paused and so did Dunewing's frantic attacks. Everything to move in slow motion. The bear gave a small smile and tilted his head. Dunewing's eyes grew as wide as they could go, tears starting to flow. The bear gave a final growl and flung his head back, releasing the cat. Dunewing soared through the air, eyes glued to the blood-spotted pelt of the bear. It's glowing yellow eyes burned into his brain. He slowly fell, the air carrying the blood spouting from his stomach. His body convulsed as it hit the mountainside. He tumbled down the side, hitting several rock spikes and thorn bushes. After what seemed like ages, he skidded to a halt, laying deadly still at the foot of the mountain. The last sound Dunewing heard was the sickening roar of the bear, he closed his eyes and embraced the darkness.

Now

Minkblossom scanned over her stores. Urgency and worry pricked at her heart. Dunewing had been gone for a few days now and she was starting to think he wouldn't be back at all. She shook her head. He was strong. He'd make it. She was sifting through shriveled dock leaves when she heard a cat calling her name. The mew was laced with fear and she rushed outside, the sun causing her to squint. What she saw both amazed and horrified her. The still-breathing body of Dunewing lay in a pool of blood before her. He had several holes in his stomach that were clogged with dirt, and his back stuck out at an odd angle. She could see the bone in his leg and his eyes were clouded over. "What happened?!" She cried, padded quickly over to her injured Clanmate. Slatestar stepped forward. Upon further inspection, his grey pelt was stained with dried blood, probably from carrying his friend. His eyes were distant and his face was constricted with worry and pleading. "W-we found him on our patrol. He was dragging himself through the forest. Oh, Minkblossom help him please!" He explained, eyes starting to water. Minkblossom swallowed. There was obviously no helping the poor tom; but she could try. She nodded curtly and motioned for Weaselfur to help Slatestar move Dunewing to the medicine den. The two large toms hoisted Dunewing to the shady den. "You're lucky I have enough marigold..." She muttered to the two. The toms gently placed Dunewing into the mossy nest. He gave a painful groan and tossed his head back in agony. Minkblossom dropped to his level. "Shhh." she whispered, soothing him by licking his cheek (it was covered in tangy blood) "It'll be alright." She looked back up. Weaselfur had left but Slatestar was still standing behind her. "You can leave..." She offered her leader. He gave a stubborn shake of his head, clearly signalling his duty and willingness to stay beside his friend. She shrugged and pushed past him, gathering a wad of cobwebs and a bundle of marigold. The medicine cat chewed up the marigold and rubbed it into Dunewing's wounds after she licked out all the dirt, earning a agony-filled yelp. Slatestar hurried over, Resting his chin on Dunewing's head and whispering words that were inaudible to Minkblossom. She covered his wounds with cobwebs, but the blood still seeped through. Minkblossom pressed her paw on the cobwebs, trying to stop the bloodflow, but it was no use. She turned to face Slatestar, giving him a sad look and shaking her head. She stepped back, sitting down and dipping her head. "What are you doing?" Slatestar cried, voice shrill "Save him!" Minkblossom's head jerked up, a pained look in her eyes and voice choked. "I can't!" She cried back "His wounds are too big I-I can't...save him..." She heaved an emotional sigh. "The most we can do is say goodbye, Slatestar...I'm sorry." She turned around, sniffing. After she had controlled herself, she walked back over to her patient. She pushed her muzzle into his fur, ignoring the stench of death that was starting to grip the tom. Dunewing looked up at Slatestar. The leader had tears streaming down his face. "I'm so sorry, Dunewing. This is all my fault." He whispered. Dunewing gave a weak smile and shook his head. "You were the best warrior I could ever ask for. You were the first...the first cat who ever wanted to join our ranks." Dunewing swallowed. "I-it was an honor serving you, Slatestar. I look forward to the day we meet again." He choked out, voice low. Slatestar choked out a sob and nuzzled the dying cat before him. Dunewing gave a final smile, blinking the tears away. Then, he gasped and rested his head on the ground, closing his eyes and heaving a final breath. Slatestar tossed his head back, uttering a mournful yowl, telling his Clan that Dunewing was dead.

[Minkblossom uses x1 cobweb and x1 marigold to try and help Dunewing but fails]
[Dunewing dies from his injuries. The Clan mourns his loss.]
[Slatestar, Stormfang, Grassheart, and Rabbitspark patrol]
[Cindertail, Adderpaw, Cedarsplash, and Sandstep hunt]
[Batfur, Vipersun, Ravencloud, and Cougarleap hunt]
[Cindertail teaches Adderpaw climbing]
[Weaselfur teaches Fogpaw climbing]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw hunting]
[The Clan consumes x1 hare and x1 squirrel]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 42 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 38 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 48 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 30 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 24 m | M | X
          Batfur | 24 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 58 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 30 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 26 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 38 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 39 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 27 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 17 m | M | X

Apprentices:
          Adderpaw | 11 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 11 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 11 m | F | X (right)
          Swiftpaw | 8 m | M | X

Queens:
          Quailthroat | 34 m | F | X
          Wisteriawind | 39 m | F | X

Kits:
          Nightkit | 5 m | M| X
          Elmkit | 5 m | F| X
          Talonkit | 5 m | M| X
          Robinkit | 4 m | M| X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Cobweb | Stops bleeding | x0
    Lovage | Helps cure coughs | x1
    Parsley | Stops a queen from producing milk | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x1 | 1 servings
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
    Hare | x3 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 4 | Hunting, Swimming, Battle Strategy, Stealth
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 4 | Swimming, Battle Strategy, Hunting
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 4 | Climbing, Stealth, swimming

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3

Deceased Cats:
    Cat Name | Cause of Death | [url=link]X[/url]
    Dunewing | Died from wounds caused by the bear | X

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Thornshard (FloodClan) and Wisteriawind | Unborn, Robinkit (foster)
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 14

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:28 am

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 23 (1 kit)
Next Ruins Visit: Now! (since I forgot about it last time)
Next Birth: Wisteriawind (1 post)

Archive

Cindertail padded behind Vipersun. The mighty warrior was leading the hunting patrol over to the canal, the large river where several animals got their water. The air was hot and sticky, containing the remaining moisture from yesterday's heavy rain. Living on an island made greenleaf extra humid, since the water surrounding them evaporated easily. The rivers were starting to dry up, even though the rain had been relentless the past few day. However, the canal seldom changed in level. It was always full to the bank, sometimes even spilling over onto the muddy barrier between it and the foliage. The cat's paws left marks in the well-trodden path. Several moons of paw prints had worn down the once bumpy trail. Now it was smooth and an easy walk, not including the stray stick or pebble. Cindertail's fluffy paws were clumped with dirt. He frowned, making sure he would wash them off. Vipersun stopped, signaling with his tail for the group to split up and track their prey.

~~~~

After, his hunt, Cindertail drudged back to the camp. His chest felt like something was sitting on him. The heat was almost unbearable now and he couldn't wait to flop down in the shade. His tongue lolled out of his mouth, breath coming out in heavy pants. His eyes were starting to blur and his head was pounding. His legs moved lazily, making him stumble. It wasn't long until they reached the camp, but it felt like a lifetime. As soon as he dropped his catch off at the fresh-kill pile, he rushed himself over to the shade of the looming oak tree near the warrior's den. It's shadow instantly cool off the tom, dappling his pelt. He flopped down, head gently thumping against the hard ground. He closed his eyes and sighed happily. Rabbitspark interrupted his solitude, bounding up to him with a large smile on her face. Everyone was having a hard time dealing with Dunewing's death, but he and Rabbitspark had gotten over it relatively quickly. Maybe it was because they weren't the closest with him, or they had accepted the fact that he was going to die before he even returned. It was their moon off, now, and everyone was enjoying it. Many cats were sitting in the sun, snoozing and talking, just relaxing while they could. He opened an eye and smiled, propping himself up so he could talk to her. The she-cat settled down next to her friend, blinking in greeting. "Hey how was your hunt?" She asked, tilting her head curiously. He let out an exasperated sigh. "Hot!" he hissed, a large breath escaping his body. He coughed, trying to regain it. Clearing his throat, he swished his tail, dismissing a bug near his pelt. "What about yours? Where'd you guys go? We went to the canal." Cindertail asked back. She rolled her eyes. "Grassheart insisted we go to the field. Squirrelpaw was only comfortable hunting out in the open. You can imaging Cougarleap wasn't happy. He stormed off and hunted in the birch grove, he didn't cat anything though." She meowed, amusement lining her voice "Quailthroat was excited to get out again. She kept running ahead of the rest of us." Cindertail snickered. "She was probably happy to stretch her legs and not worry about three kits hanging onto her." Rabbitspark giggled. "Probably." she agreed "Kits are a hassle, but it's worth it no doubt." Cindertail tilted his head, a smirk widening on his muzzle. "Are you speaking from experience?" He meowed slyly "Rabbitspark what aren't you telling me?" Rabbitspark rolled her eyes and laughed. She shoved her paw against Cindertail's face. "No beebrain! I don't even have a mate!" She giggled, face slowly growing red. "Maybe I could change that..." Cindertail muttered under his breath. "What?" Rabbitspark asked, laughing still present on her face. Cindertail's face felt like it was on fire. He eyes widened and a lump formed in his throat. "N-nothing." He assured, forcing a chuckle. Rabbitspark shrugged. "Alright then." She said, and rose to her paws. 'That was close' Cindertail thought, feeling relief rush through him. "Hey, I was planning on going for a swim in the river. Wanna come?" Rabbitspark invited, flicking Cindertail with her tailtip. Cindertail nodded and followed her out of the shade. "Okay, but we're running. The ground's too hot to run on." The cool water would feel nice on his paw pads. Rabbitspark agreed and the two sprinted through the forest, nudging each other playfully as they made their way to the river.

[Slatestar asks StarClan for a warrior (could it be an oriental longhair please?)]
[Sandstep, Cougarleap, Weaselfur, and Adderpaw patrol]
[Gingerstem, Cindertail, Weaselfur, and Vipersun hunt]
[Grassheart, Squirrelpaw, Rabbitspark, and Quailthroat hunt]
[Grassheart teaches Squirrelpaw Battle]
[Swiftpaw is apprenticed to Batfur, Nightpaw to Cougarleap, Elmpaw to Ravencloud, and Talonpaw to Cedarsplash]
[Swiftpaw, Nightpaw, Elmpaw, and Talonpaw all go out to learn hunting]
[The Clan consumes x1 hare and x1 squirrel]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 43 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 39 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 49 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 31 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 25 m | M | X
          Batfur | 25 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 59 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 31 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 27 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 40 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 40 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 28 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 18 m | M | X
          Gingerstem | 30 m | F | X
          Quailthroat | 35 m | F | X

Apprentices:
          Adderpaw | 12 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 12 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 12 m | F | X (right)
          Swiftpaw | 9 m | M | X
          Nightpaw | 6 m | M| X
          Elmpaw | 6 m | F| X
          Talonpaw | 6 m | M| X

Queens:
          Wisteriawind | 40 m | F | X

Kits:
          Robinkit | 5 m | M| X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Ivy | Used to store other herbs in | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x1 | 1 servings
    Hare | x2 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 5 | Hunting, Swimming, Battle Strategy, Stealth, Climbing
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 5 | Swimming, Battle Strategy, Hunting, Climbing
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 5 | Climbing, Stealth, Swimming, Hunting
    Batfur | Swiftpaw | 0 |
    Cougarleap | Nightpaw | 0 |
    Ravencloud | Elmpaw | 0 |
    Cedarsplash| Talonpaw | 0 |

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3
    Gingerstem | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 15

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:30 am

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 29 (4 kits)
Number of Servings: 6
Next Ruins Visit: 7/25
Next Birth: Wisteriawind (Now!)

Archive

Slatestar towered over the rest of the Clan. Their moon of rest had come and gone, and now it was time to send up another unlucky cat. They hadn't drawn yet, however. They were still waiting for the patrol to return. Cedarsplash sat quietly, tail curled neatly around her curvy body. Her ear flicked impatiently and nerves clawed at her insides. Not only was a stone being drawn, but her three daughters were having their assessment later in the day. Of course, the proud mother had no doubt they would pass, but she was concerned something might happen. What if a stray dog wandered into the waters and swam to the island? No, surely the patrols would have picked up a scent of dogs before...right? Shaking her head, she heaved a heavy sigh. She worried too much. A rustle of the buses that made up the entrance caught her attention. Sandstep was first. She was followed by Cougarleap, who was struggling with a small kit that was prodding at his muzzle. The warrior's nose was up in the air and his fur was on end. The kit kept squirming and thrashing in his grip. Adderpaw and Weaselfur came next, each with a it of their own. They were having much less trouble. Adderpaw was calm and carried the small ginger kitten with care. She would make a good mother some day. Weaselfur wasn't as freaked out as Cougarleap, but there was a lingering look of concern in his eyes. He walks stiffly, as if at any moment the kit would wrench itself from his jaws. But it was the last cat that peaked Cedarsplash's interest. A familiar brown tabby pelt with a white splotch on its chest, not unlike herself. Cedarsplash lept to her feet. "Wrenpool?" She whispered excitedly "Wrenpool!" The kit-carrying she-cat turned her head to look at Cedarsplash. Recognition lit up her face in the form of a relived smile. She gently set down the light brown kit and rushed to her. "Cedarsplash!" Wrenpool cried. The two met in a nuzzle, their identical colored fur mingling. "I thought I lost you!" Wrenpool cried, voice choking with emotion. "So did I!" Cedarsplash laughed, pulling away "H-How did you get here? Aster let you go?" Wren giggled and rolled her eyes. "No, of course not! I left while he was asleep. I gathered up the little ones and just started to wander. I made it to the island somehow, and those cats found me!" Cedarsplash looked at the bundles of fur huddled in a group in the middle of camp, surrounded by very confused looking Clanmates. "You have kits!" Cedarsplash exclaimed, joy spilling over her "Oh, Wrenpool they're so adorable! So unlike their father." Her comment earned a snort from Wrenpool. "Oh, definitely. You know-" The queen was cut off by Vipersun. "Excuse me. I'd hate to inturupt your little reunion here, but who exactly are you?" He meowed, voice sharp. Cedarsplash moved in front of the other cat, almost nose to nose with the tom. "This is Wrenpool. She's my sister." Cedarsplash explained, tone firm. Lowering her voice, she added, "Now, if you don't mind, Vipersun, why don't you slither back into the dark hole you crawled out of and leave us alone. Why are you always so aggressive? Not all cats are threats." Vipersun lashed his tail and wrinkled his nose. "You can never be too careful, Cedarsplash." He whispered back, borderline hissing.

As the tom backed off, Slatestar let out a comanding yowl. "Welcome, Wrenpool. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I'm sure your sister, and all of BearClan, (at this he shot a pointed glance at Vipersun) will make you feel at home." He greeted "I would also like to welcome Otterfur, the warrior sent by StarClan this moon. Otterfur, I hope you enjoy your new home." A sleek brown tom (earning his name, for he looked like an otter) dipped his head in thanks. Cedarsplash hadn't even noticed the tom. She shrugged it off. Her sister had found her! She motioned to the nursery. The two she-cats carried Wrenpool's kits to the den. It was carved into the cliff face, but oddly comfortable. Cedarsplash helped her sister get settled with her kits and the returned to the clearing.

By the time she settled back down, Slatestar had already begun the ceremony. The grey tom had started over to the stone pool. Soon, the joy and happiness of her sister rejoining her disappeared, replaced by fear and anxiety. Like last moon, the grey leader flicked his paw, sending a pebble skittering across the ground, it sounded like thunder in the silence. Slatestar blinked, swallowed, and slowly moved over to the small stone. He lowered his muzzle to the ground to examine it. He let out a small huff and returned to his straight posture. He cleared his throat and announced who it would be. His sharp word cut through the silence, sending a wave of relief, anger, and despair rippling through the Clan. "Rabbitspark!"

~~~~~

Rabbitspark slowly padded through the forest. Countless plans whirled around her head. She was quick to accept things. She accepted she would have to fight, but she would never accept the fact that this meant death. It truly didn't. She would fight with the power of fifty lions. She would win. Determination made her feel stronger, more likely to win. It wasn't long until she reached the foot of the mountain. The warrior dug her claws into the muddy rock, pulling herself up the slope. She stumbled a few times, ending little rocks cascading down the side, but overall she made it up to the mouth of the cave unscathed. And that's how she would leave the den.

She didn't hesitate; she wanted this done with as fast as possible. The moment the calico set paw in the cave, a looming shadow made itself known. Hot, sticky breath poured over Rabbitspark's fur as the bear snorted at her, taking in her scent. Rabbitspark stood tall, not flinching away from the beast. "You have courage." The bear bellowed "Or maybe perhaps ignorance. Either way, it is no good." Rabbitspark snarled and swiped at the bear's nose, slicing at the skin. The bear growled and used a paw to swat her away. "Careful. Don't want to die to early." The bear warned, growl filled with sarcasm. Rabbitspark's response was a high-pitched battle cry. She launched herself at the bear's face, swinging her claws wildly. She latched onto his ear and, digging her claws into the thick skin of his forehead, clamped her jaws on it. She felt fur rip and skin tear, and the metallic prick of blood. The bear gave a hardy shake, flinging the small cat away. She landed on her feet and scampered away, dodging several attempts by the bear to crush her. She was quicker. An idea sprung onto her mind. Thinking it through quickly, she decided it would work. However, her moment of thought gave her opponent ample time to score an attack. The bear's teeth sunk into Rabbitspark's shoulder, picking her up and giving her a harsh shake. The bear tossed its head back, flinging the small she-cat in the air. He then opened his jaws and waited for her to land in his mouth, impaling herself on the pointy teeth. But she didn't. Instead, she twisted mid-air and forced herself away. The bear still grabbed onto her, though, but it was her ear. Unfortunately for her, when a cat is falling quickly and a large animal take hold of a thin piece of skin, the skin tends to rip. And so did her ear. She let out a painful screech as she fell to the ground, half of her ear not far behind. The small flap of skin hit the stone floor of the cavern with a sickening smack. Blood spilled over half of her face, blinding her in one eye. She still could hear out of the ear, though, so that was a plus. Only half of it had torn, but it seared as if her entire face had been chomped in two. She shook out her pelt, desperate to be able to see. Her vision shook and panic was setting in, causing her to loose breath. She looked around frantically, pressing herself against the stone wall. She saw the shadow move towards her. She shrunk down, squeezing her eyes closed. No! She wouldn't die like this! She snapped open her eyes at once, pupils like slits. She barred her teeth and puffed up. Her claws slid out and she charged, bolting for the bear's legs. She braced herself and dove beneath his belly, not bothering to rake her claws. She knew all that would accomplish was tearing a few tufts of fur. No, she didn't even care about the bear anymore. All she cared about was the thing behind it. The opening. The mouth of the cave that let orange light spill in. Rabbitspark's legs throbbed, but she pushed herself, making herself run even faster. A wide smile formed on her face as she reached the hole. But as soon as she reached the end, a force tugged her back into the gloomy darkness. The bear had grabbed onto her tail! The bear pulled her towards him, sending Rabbitspark jerking backwards. The cat filled with panic and she thrust her legs back, kicking and bucking at the bear's snout. She landed a hard hit on the nose, right on the area she had cut open before. The bear let go and Rabbitspark used her last ounce of energy to sprint out of that death den. She flung herself over the edge of the cliff, carefully skidding down and taking off once more as she reached the bottom. All she heard as she disappeared into the undergrowth was her own heartbeat and the outraged roar of the bear.

~~~~~

Cindertail lay with his face buried in his paws. He was an idiot. Regret and despair clung to his heart. Rabbitspark had gone to the bear. She had left. And he never told her his true feelings for her. A small whimper escaped his throat. He was outside alone in the dark. He couldn't sleep. It had been a day since she had left and he missed her terribly. He needed someone he could talk to; someone he could trust. Now there was no one. Cindertail kicked himself. How could he think like that? Rabbitspark was strong, she'd make it out alive. At least, he prayed that she did. He couldn't live without her. He loved her. Cindertail's head popped up. Did he really just think that? No, certainly not. There was no way he loved her. She was the best friend he ever had. But, still, something about it seemed right. It was right. He was in love with Rabbitspark! Excitement and joy filled him. He couldn't wait to tell her! But then, reality set it. He would most likely never be able to tell her. He jumped to his paws, panicked. No, no, no! She HAD to make it out! He desperately asked StarClan to let her live. He paced anxiously for what seemed like lifetimes.

The sun was starting to appear over the mountains, and Cindertail was still walking in circles. By now, there was a small but distinct path which he had been traveling. His ear flicked irritably and his eyes stung with exhaustion. Several cats had awoken and the dawn patrol had already gone out. Cedarsplash and Stormfang had tried to persuade him to rest, but he brushed them off briskly, refusing to go to sleep until his friend returned. He stopped for a moment, looking somberly at the sky. He blinked slowly and sighed. Cindertail let his behind thump softly to the ground, hind legs sprawled out and shoulders hunched. He felt tears prick his already stinging eyes. She was never coming back. As soon as the thought crossed his mind, however, there was a rustle at the camp entrance. Cindertail whipped around and saw none other than Rabbitspark, bloddied and obviously exhausted. Half of her left (right from his perspective) ear was torn and dried blood was plastered all the way down to her chin. Cindertail let out a yowl of excitement and rushed over to her, running as fast as he could. They collided in a nuzzle, Cindertail wrapping himself around her and feeling small tears form. "Why'd you take so long? I thought you were dead! Are you hurt? Is that just your ear or did that foxheart get your face, too?" He rambled "Oh, Rabbitspark, I missed you so much! I have so much to tell you!" Rabbitspark giggled and nuzzled him back before pulling away. "Okay, okay!" She purred tiredly "Let me get cleaned up and rest, and then we could talk..." Cindertail took a deep breath and chuckled, nodding. "Right, right, sorry. I'm really tired. Do you mind if I join you for your nap?"

[Rabbitspark is chosen for the bear. Luckily, she escapes with minor injuries]
[Minkblossom uses x1 marigold on Rabbitspark]
[Wisteriawind goes into labor!]
[Quailthroat, Otterfur, Vipersun, and Slatestar patrol]
[Cedarsplash, Batfur, Grassheart, and Squirrelpaw hunt]
[Adderpaw, Cindertail, Weaselfur, and Fogpaw hunt]
[Adderpaw, Squirrelpaw, and Fogpaw take their final assesment! If they pass, they will return as Adderbreeze, Squirrelheart, and Fognose]
[Robinpaw gets apprenticed to Quailthroat; they learn swimming]
[Swiftpaw and Nightpaw all go out to train in stealth]
[Talonpaw and Elmpaw train in climbing]
[The Clan consumes x1 big fish and x1 hare]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 44 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 40 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 50 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 32 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 26 m | M | X
          Batfur | 26 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 60 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 32 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 28 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 41 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 41 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 29 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 19 m | M | X
          Gingerstem | 31 m | F | X
          Quailthroat | 36 m | F | X
          Otterfur | 42 m | M | X

Apprentices:
          Adderpaw | 13 m | F | X (left)
          Fogpaw | 13 m | F | X (center)
          Squirrelpaw| 13 m | F | X (right)
          Swiftpaw | 10 m | M | X
          Nightpaw | 7 m | M| X
          Elmpaw | 7 m | F| X
          Talonpaw | 7 m | M| X
          Robinpaw | 6 m | M| X

Queens:
          Wisteriawind | 41 m | F | X
          Wrenpond | 27 m | F | X

Kits:
          Thistlekit | 1 m | M | X
          Hickorykit | 1 m | M | X (left)
          Acornkit | 1 m | F | X (right)
          Cherrykit | 1 m | F | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Marigold | Stops infection | x2
    Chamomile | Calms a cat down and gives strength | x1
    Wild Garlic | Prevents infection when rolled in, esp. rat bites | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x2 | 1 servings
    Squirrel | x2 | 2 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Cindertail | Adderpaw | 5 | Hunting, Swimming, Battle Strategy, Stealth, Climbing
    Weaselfur | Fogpaw | 5 | Swimming, Battle Strategy, Hunting, Climbing
    Grassheart | Squirrelpaw | 5 | Climbing, Stealth, Swimming, Hunting, Battle Strategy
    Batfur | Swiftpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Cougarleap | Nightpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Ravencloud | Elmpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Cedarsplash| Talonpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Quailthroat | Robinpaw | 0 |

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Rabbitspark| 2
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3
    Gingerstem | 3
    Quailthroat| 3
    Otterfur | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    ??? and ??? | Cedarsplash, Wrenpond
    Aster(rogue) and Wrenpond | Thistlekit, Hickorykit, Acornkit, Cherrykit
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 16

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:22 pm

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 31 (6 kits)
Next Ruins Visit: 7/25
Cats to Find: Deer ; Night

Archive

“I, Slatestar, leader of BearClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as a warrior in her turn.” Slatestar boomed “Adderpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?” The apprentice stood boldly next to him. “I do.” Adderpaw vowed. Slatestar gave a small smile and continued, saying, “Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Adderpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Adderbreeze. StarClan honors your fast thinking and adaptability, and we welcome you as a full warrior of BearClan.” The newly named Adderbreeze grinned widely and walked up to her leader. He placed his chin on her head and licked his shoulder. The camp erupted with shouts and hollers of approval. Adderbreeze gazes down at them happily. She dropped down next to her sisters, Squirrelheart and Fognose, and was met with cheers. “Squirrelheart! Fognose! Adderbreeze!” The cried. The one howling loudest was their mother, Cedarsplash. After the cheers died down, she was the first to approach her daughters. “Oh my little babies! All grown up into big, strong warriors!” She cooed. Adderbreeze felt her face flush and she looked down. Cedarsplash swept them up into an embrace, with much dismay of her kits. “Mom let go!” Squirrelheart insisted. Cedarsplash conceded and stepped back to let the others get in their congratulations.

Adderbreeze was able to slip away from the celebration. Sure, she enjoyed the recognition, and sure she was elated to be a warrior, but she absolutely hated large crowds huddled around her. So now she sat in the corner of the clearing, watching as her sisters were absorbed in their Clanmates’ congratulations. “Adderbreeze. Nice name.” Said a voice. The She-cat turned to see who it was and was met with a familiar, fluffy grey face. “Thanks, Stormfang.” Adderbreeze giggled “Though I think yours is cooler.” Her friend tilted his head. “Eh, I’m not too sure. ’Stormfang’ sounds like a rogue who wanted his name to be cool but failed miserably.” The tom explained. Adderpaw huffed in laughter and rolled her eyes. “But you’re not a rogue.” She pointed out “You do act cooler than you are, though, so you got that right.” A joking smile was spread on her muzzle. Stormfang exaggerated extreme hurt and offense. “Gah!” He exclaimed “So mean to me.” He then shoved his paw against her face, pushing her away from him. Adderbreeze giggled and butted her head into his shoulder, knocking him down. She climbed on top of him and held him there. “Pretty easy to knock over, too.” She added playfully. “Oh, you think so?” Stormfang asked mischievously, then kicked out Adderbreeze’s leg. She fell with a thump onto him, face hitting his chest. Stormfang grabbed her by the scruff and pulled her up, wiggling out from under her. “Hey let me go you furball!” Adderbreeze giggled. “No.” Stormfang stated, voice muffled by her fur “I’m going to walk around like this forever. You are part of me now.” He started to walk back to the warriors den.

“Where are you two going?” Squirrelheart butted in, padding up to the pair with a grin on her face. Fognose trailed not too far behind. At their arrival, Stormfang let go of Adderbreeze, letting her stand up. The brown she-cat hadn’t grown much, and Stormfang was still quite a bit taller than her, but the tom was now sagging his shoulders a bit, making him appear less tall and less muscular. He cleared his throat. “Oh I was just about to show Adderbreeze where to build her nest.” He explained. Squirrelheart’s eyes lit up. “Oh!” She exclaimed “Could you help us too?” Stormfang suppressed a sigh, shrugged and entered the warriors den. “Oh, Stormfang I’m so excited I get to share a den with you!” Squirrelheart squeaked. “Oh yea me too.” Stormfang agreed unenthusiastically. “Can my nest be by yours? I have so much to tell you!” Adderbreeze didn’t hear Stormfang’s answer but she could imagine he was annoyed. Giggling, she rolled her eyes and followed her sisters into her new den.

~~~~~

Cindertail clawed at the ground nervously. His apprentice had just become a warrior and he was thrilled, but the task that came next had his stomach tied in numerous knots. She was sitting on the other side of the clearing, congratulating her new denmates. The sun bounced off of her ginger patches, seeming to make them glow. Her eyes were closed and mouth open in laughter, apparently joking with the three new warriors. Licking his lips, he rose to his paws. He slowly walked to where she was sitting and took a deep breath. She turned to look at him, a confused expression on her face. ‘What’s wrong?’ it seemed to ask. He cleared his throat and began his challenge. “Rabbitspark, would you like to go for a walk with me?”

Rabbitspark walked next to her grey companion. Curiosity, fear, and suspected delight. She had an idea of what this was about. She hoped she was right, and she probably was considering Cindertail’s nervousness, but she made herself remain calm. She didn’t want to get her hopes up and her heart crushed. Still, a little voice in the back of her head was freaking out. Suddenly, Cindertail came to a stop. Anxiety pulsed through Rabbitspark’s veins, capturing her heart. Cindertail kept his eyes on the ground for a few moments before whirling around to face her. “Rabbitspark, listen.” He blurted, speaking quickly “You are the most amazing, most beautiful, kindest, most considerate She-cat I’ve ever met. You’re my only friend and my best friend at that. You are the single cat I turn to when I have something I need to talk about, and I trust you with my life. I know we’ve been friends for a while, and I love our friendship, but I love you more. I love you Rabbitspark! There I said it! I love you! More than anything in the world! I want you with me for the rest of our lives. I’ve wanted to tell you this for a while, but when you went to face that...that beast I was worried you’d never know how I feel. I’m sorry if I’m scaring you. And It’s ok if you don’t feel the same. I just needed to let you know how I felt and I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I-I guess what I’m trying to say is...Rabbitspark? Will you be my mate?”

Rabbitspark just blinked. Her mind was completely numb. Her eyes were wide and her jaw was slacking open. She blinked rapidly and felt a strong sense of compassion surge through her body. She rushed over to Cindertail and pushed her muzzle into his neck fur. “Cindertail, you mousebrain, of course I’ll be your mate!” She cried, voice cracking with love “Why on earth would you think I would deny you? You’re the best tom ever! You’re so sweet and lovable and I just can’t imagine life without you.” Cindertail’s body shook with a large purr. “So that’s a yes?” He confirmed. “Yes!” Rabbitspark purred. The two sat there, purring and entwined, the happiest cats alive.

But after a few moments, Rabbitspark pulled away. Fear clawed at Cindertail. “What’s wrong?” He asked. Rabbitspark looked down. “Cindertail. I’m sorry but. I don’t want kits just yet. It’s just that going up to the bear made me realize something. I don’t want to bring kits into this world just to have them killed by that horrid beast. I-I’m not saying I don’t want kits. In fact, I do! I’ve wanted them since I was a young warrior; just not yet. I hope that’s alright.” She explained, ashamed. Cindertail’s face softened. He pulled his mate close. “Of course that’s alright.” He soothed, putting his chin on Rabbitspark’s head “I want kits too, but I don’t want to pressure you. Take your time, we have all of our lives. Just tell me when you’re ready. When you’re ready, I’m ready.” Rabbitspark have a purr and licked Cindertail’s cheek. “Thank you Cindertail.” She whispered. Cindertail smiled. “Anyways we should probably get back to camp before the Clan thinks we’ve been carried away by vultures.” He pointed out, starting to walk away. Rabbitspark rolled her eyes and giggled, hurrying to catch up, and the two mates walked back through the forest, tails entwined and hearts happy.

~~~~~
(1 Moon Ago)

Wisteriawind hurried from the nursery. The night air was brisk, and so was her manner. She could feel her kits squirming inside of her, obviously ready to come out. They might be, but she was not. See, Wisteriawind was in a forbidden relationship, and was about to have Thornshard of FloodClan’s kits. She couldn’t have her kits in the camp surrounded by cats who would judge her for her love. Instead, she had worked out a deal with Slatestar. Since he was the only cat besides her who knew about Thornshard, the had conceived a plan. When Wisteriawind had gone into labor, the two would sneak out of camp and into the forest. He would help her have the kits, and then safely transport the ones going to FloodClan through the lake and to where Thornshard was meeting them. Of course, they could only hope the father was lingering around the border, or a patrol was scanning the border. But Wisteriawind couldn’t think about that now, all she could feel was the intense pain. Barely able to walk, she stumbled blindly in the dark, making her way to Slatestar’s den. She poked her head inside and called for him. The grey tom’s head shot up immediatly. “Is it time?” He whispered back, voice carrying no trace of sleep. Wisteriawind could only nod. Slatestar got to his paws and hurried over to his Clan mate. The queen pressed herself against him, trying to steady herself, and the two exited the camp.

The two had to stop at a hollow tree, not to far from the lake, due to Wisteriawind’s unignorable pain. Slatestar eases her gently onto the ground, choosing a spot that was covered with soft, springy grass, and had enough room for a mother and a few kits. It was obvious that Wisteriawind was going to have a sizable litter, considering the fact the She-cat looked like she was about to burst. Once she was ready, she looked at Slatestar. The tom just licked his lips nervously. He had never helped a cat kit before! We’re toms even supposed to? What if he accidentally hurt one? “Just do it already!” Wisteriawind growled, and Slatestar pleaded to StarClan to let him do an okay job.

It wasn’t long before four bundles of fur were nestled at Wisteriawind’s belly. “Congratulations Wisteriawind! Two toms and two she-cats!” He gasped, tired from the exhausting experience. Then he remember he didn’t really have the place to be tired. The cat in front of him just brought four new cats into the world. And all of them were healthy (as far as he could tell, anyways. He wasn’t a medicine cat!) Wisteriawind had her eyes glued to her sons and daughters. “They’re all so beautiful.” She whispered, a tear rolling down her round cheek. Slatestar nodded and moved closer to her. “Yes they are. Have you thought of names yet?” He agreed. The new mother’s happy expression soon turned into sadness. “Well, I’m not going to name the ones Thornshard is taking.” She pointed out. “Do you know which ones those will be?” At Slatestar’s words, Wisteriawind jerked her head up. “Don’t pressure me, Slatestar!” She hissed, then lowered her head and her voice “I don’t want to give away any...” Slatestar sighed. He walked up to the she-cat, sitting by her head and giving her ears a comforting lick. “I know.” He whispered “I’m sorry. It must be unimaginably difficult. Take your time, we have all night.” Wisteriawind rested her head against the tom’s chest. “You’re a good tom, Slatestar. Not many would do this.” She whispered thankfully. Slatestar couldn’t help but purr. Not only at her kind words, but at the adorableness of the newborns. They would all make great warriors someday. “Don’t mention it.” He whispered back “It’s what friends do.” Wisteriawind took a long look at the kits. After a while, she spoke up. “I-I think I’ll keep the black and white tom and the brown tabby she-kit.” She decided, voice filled with pain “The other She-kit and tom can live with their father.” The She-cat felt tears pooling in her eyes. Wisteriawind nuzzled all of her kits. “I love you all so much.” She meowed, and to the two she added, “Don’t you ever forget it.” Slatestar nodded and picked up the two kits she had spoken of and carried them off in the direction of the river, Wisteriawind gazing sadly after him. She looked down at her kits. “Darkkit, Hollykit.” She meowed “Welcome to BearClan.”

[Cindertail and Rabbitspark become mates! However, they DO NOT try for kits.]
[Otterfur, Vipersun, Grassheart, and Lionclaw patrol]
[Adderbreeze, Stormfang, Fognose, and Quailthroat hunt]
[Squirrelheart, Cindertail, Weaselfur, and Gingerstem hunt]
[Quailthroat teaches Robinpaw hunting]
[Swiftpaw and Nightpaw go out to train in climbing]
[Cedarsplash teaches Talonpaw stealth]
[Ravencloud teaches Elmpaw battle]
[The Clan consumes x2 small fish and x1 squirrel]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 45 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 41 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 51 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 33 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 27 m | M | X
          Batfur | 27 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 61 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 33 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 29 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 42 m | M | X
          Cedarsplash | 42 m | F | X
          Ravencloud | 30 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 20 m | M | X
          Gingerstem | 32 m | F | X
          Quailthroat | 37 m | F | X
          Otterfur | 43 m | M | X
          Lionclaw | 37 m | M | X
          Adderbreeze | 14 m | F | X
          Squirrelheart | 14 m | F | X
          Fognose | 14 m | F | X

Apprentices:
          Swiftpaw | 11 m | M | X
          Nightpaw | 8 m | M| X
          Elmpaw | 8 m | F| X
          Talonpaw | 8 m | M| X
          Robinpaw | 7 m | M| X

Queens:
          Wisteriawind | 42 m | F | X
          Wrenpond | 23 m | F | X

Kits:
          Thistlekit | 2 m | M | X
          Hickorykit | 2 m | M | X (left)
          Acornkit | 2 m | F | X (right)
          Cherrykit | 2 m | F | X
          Darkkit | 1 m | M | X
          Hollykit | 1 m | F | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Wild Garlic | Prevents infection when rolled in, esp. rat bites | x1
    Ragwort | Treats aching joints | x1
    Goldenrod | Heals wounds | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x2 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x3 | 1 servings
    Hare | x2 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Batfur | Swiftpaw | 2 | Hunting, Stealth
    Cougarleap | Nightpaw | 2 | Hunting, Stealth
    Ravencloud | Elmpaw | 2 | Hunting, Climbing
    Cedarsplash| Talonpaw | 2 | Hunting, Climbing
    Quailthroat | Robinpaw | 1 | Swimming

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Rabbitspark| 2
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Cedarsplash | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3
    Gingerstem | 3
    Quailthroat| 3
    Otterfur | 3

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    ??? and Cedarsplash | Adderbreeze, Fognose, Squirrelheart
    Batfur and Quailthroat | Nightpaw, Elmpaw, Talonpaw
    Thornshard (FloodClan) and Wisteriawind |Darkkit, Hollykit, Wernkit, Bristekit, Robinpaw (foster)
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 17

Postby inky. » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:10 pm

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 30 (6 kits)
Next Ruins Visit: whenever
Cats to Find: Deer ; Night

Archive

It was time. Another moon another cat sent up to the dreaded beast that lurked in the upmost shadows. Since it was their third drawing, the shock has disappeared, replaced by severe anticipation. For some, like Fognose, the anticipation was worse than the drawing itself. But the grey and white she-cat rarely showed what she was feeling. She didn’t let on how anxious and stressed she was. The happiness of her warriorship had worn off over the past moon and reality hit her like a monster hurtling at top speed. She was a warrior now...which meant she was a contender. Her eyes were glued to the glittering pebbles in the hole, mentally sifting through them to find her own. However, she couldn’t see it. Whether this was because it was on the bottom, or the collection was too far away, she didn’t know, nor did she care. All she cared about now was Slatestar’s shaking paw that was posed to strike. His face was narrower than usual, hip bones bulging slightly out of his pelt. The tom clearly was losing weight, not eating, and didn’t care. A pang of sympathy hit Fognose’s heart. The poor guy! It wasn’t his fault that the cats had to go to the bear, if anything it was Vipersun’s. He was the one who mentioned the bloody thing! Fognose dipped her head, swishing her tail and holding her breath. The iconic skittering of the pebbles echoed in the camp. Slatestar’s voice was choked as he called out the name. “Cedarsplash.”

~~~~~

Cedarsplash lugged herself across the rocks. She wasn’t strong enough for this. She scoffed. ‘If I can’t do this, how am I supposed to fight off a creature ten times the size of me?’ She mocked herself. She wouldn’t. That was the brutal, but clear answer. She wouldn’t be able to fend it off for long, and eventually she would die at the bear’s jaws. She just hoped her daughters wouldn’t be too distressed. The warrior felt her eyes water up. Her beautiful daughters. She was so proud of them, and she was happy she got to see them as warriors. She prayed to StarClan that they would be alright, to have families of their own, and to eventually see them after they lived a long and prosperous life. Cedarsplash has said her goodbyes before she had left Adderbreeze, Squirrelheart, and Fognose, but she was by no means ready to leave them. But she had to. When it came down to it, Cedarsplash had lived a nice life. She experienced love, had her family, and had done close to everything she ever wanted. It was better for her to die rather than a young cat who hadn’t accomplished anything. All of this thinking took up the time that it took to reach the cave. As soon as she rounded the corner, she was met with glimmering teeth. “Alright you mangy beast!” Cedarsplash hissed “Lets get this over with!” She let out a battle cry and launched herself boldly at her opponent.

~~~~~

Adderbreeze lay restlessly. It was just before sunhigh and her mother still hadn’t come back. Cedarsplash was a strong warrior and would fight with every last breath she had. Adderbreeze shook her head. Her paws were tucked under her chest and her tail was curled neatly around her lithe body. Her green eyes closed for a moment before snapping open to see Stormfang next to her. “Nervous?” He meowed, laying down next to her. “Nervous?” Adderbreeze echoes, a tired smile spread on her mouth “Why would I be nervous?” Stormfang chuckled and pressed himself against his friend, warming her, even though the Greenleaf sun burned over them. Adderbreeze couldn’t help but close her eyes and lean into Stormfang’s chest. Something about the way he comforted her, and the way his scent wreathed around Adderbreeze’s body, made the She-cat have a strange yet happy spark inside her heart. It seemed to cry out inside her chest. ‘Stormfang!’ It yelled ‘I wish you shared the same feelings!’

However, her fantasies were cut short by a somber yowl. Adderbreeze felt Stormfang rise slowly and her eyes snapped open. Lionclaw was walking through the camp. His head was down and tail dragging through the dust. On his back was the body of Cedarsplash. Adderbreeze let out a horrified screech and ran over to the tom, who was gently placing her mother on the ground. Fognose and Squirrelheart followed her, and soon the she-cat’s remains were surrounded by her weeping daughters. The three new warriors were all pressing their noses into their mother’s fur, crying and wailing and screaming that it couldn’t be true. Their mother couldn’t be dead! Adderbreeze was clawing at the ground. Anger and pain swirled inside her, making her fur bush up and her fangs bared. Tears were visibly rolling and she was shaking. Stormfang hurried over to her, pushing past the other observers. He rushed to her side, propping her up to make sure she didn’t topple over. At his touch, Adderbreeze let go, collapsing in a crying, grieving heap. She tossed her head back and released a horrible, blood-curdling wail of grief for her dead mother.

[Cedarsplash goes to fight the bear. She dies of her injuries. The Clan mourns and buries their fallen Clanmate.]
[Otterfur, Vipersun, Grassheart, and Lionclaw patrol]
[Sandstep, Slatestar, Cougarleap, and Ravencloud hunt]
[Otterfur, Fognose, Swiftpaw, and Batfur hunt]
[Quailthroat teaches Robinpaw Stealth]
[Swiftpaw trains in Swimming while Nightpaw rests]
[Cedarsplash teaches Talonpaw Swimming]
[Ravencloud teaches Elmpaw Stealth]
[The Clan consumes x3 mice and x1 hare]

Leader:
          Slatestar | 46 m | M | X

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 42 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 52 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 34 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 28 m | M | X
          Batfur | 28 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 62 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 34 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 30 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 43 m | M | X
          Ravencloud | 31 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 21 m | M | X
          Gingerstem | 33 m | F | X
          Quailthroat | 38 m | F | X
          Otterfur | 44 m | M | X
          Lionclaw | 38 m | M | X
          Adderbreeze | 15 m | F | X
          Squirrelheart | 15 m | F | X
          Fognose | 15 m | F | X

Apprentices:
          Swiftpaw | 12 m | M | X
          Nightpaw | 9 m | M| X
          Elmpaw | 9 m | F| X
          Talonpaw | 9 m | M| X
          Robinpaw | 8 m | M| X

Queens:
          Wisteriawind | 43 m | F | X
          Wrenpond | 24 m | F | X

Kits:
          Thistlekit | 3 m | M | X
          Hickorykit | 3 m | M | X (left)
          Acornkit | 3 m | F | X (right)
          Cherrykit | 3 m | F | X
          Darkkit | 2 m | M | X
          Hollykit | 2 m | F | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Poppy Seeds | Eases Pain | x2
    Wild Garlic | Prevents infection when rolled in, esp. rat bites | x2
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x1 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x5 | 1 servings
    Small Fish | x1 | 2 servings
    Hare | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Batfur | Swiftpaw | 3 | Hunting, Stealth, Climbing
    Cougarleap | Nightpaw | 3 | Hunting, Stealth
    Ravencloud | Elmpaw | 3 | Hunting, Climbing, Battle
    Cedarsplash| Talonpaw | 3 | Hunting, Climbing, Stealth
    Quailthroat | Robinpaw | 2 | Swimming, Hunting

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Rabbitspark| 2
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3
    Gingerstem | 3
    Quailthroat| 3
    Otterfur | 3
    Adderbreeze | 3
    Fognose | 3
    Squirrelheart | 3

Deceased Cats:
    Cedarsplash | Died from wounds caused by the bear | X

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Thornshard (FloodClan) and Wisteriawind |Darkkit, Hollykit, Wernkit, Bristekit, Robinpaw (foster)
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BearClan 18

Postby inky. » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:34 pm

B E A R C L A N
Number of Cats: 31 (6 kits)
Next Ruins Visit: whenever
Cats to Find:Night

Archive

Slatestar was curled up in his nest, the position he was glued in for the past few days. His eyes were closed, his limbs stiff and stomach growling. He was refusing to move. Cedarsplash’s death had brought back the raw guilt and grief from Dunewing, but doubled. He had killed her. Even if he didn’t physically rip her throat, he caused it. She was a mother, a loved cat with a family, and now she was gone. Adderbreeze, Fognose, and Squirrelheart were devastated, and it was his fault. Paw steps and a change in lighting made Slatestar slowly crack his eyes open. They were burning and dry, worn out from the tears that had involuntarily streaked his face. He didn’t look up, just kept himself in the curled position. He didn’t have to move to know who it was. Sandstep and Minkblossom had been visiting him every day, bringing him food and company. But he refused both, not budging to eat, and not saying a word. In fact, he hadn’t really spoken in the past Moon. His throat felt tight with every breath, and he didn’t want to strain himself more. Swallowing, he sighed, a small sound escaping his throat. His glassy eyes moved with the two she-cats as they approached him. Minkblossom was first to speak, and she was clearly annoyed. “Slatestar. You need to eat. You’re going to run out of energy soon.” She stated firmly. Sandstep’s voice was smoother and more gentle. “Please. BearClan needs a strong leader.” She coaxed, nudging the hare she had brought closer to the tom’s muzzle. But Slatestar closed his eyes again. “I deserve to die.” He croaked, voice barely strong enough to be above a whisper “It’s my fault that the Clan is in this position.” For the first time, the scrawny leader shifted, pushing himself into the light. Minkblossom and Sandstep’s faces fell as they saw him. His ribs jutted out from the side of his body. His eyes were sunken and his once strong face was gaunt. Most of the muscle had vanished from his limbs and his usually sleek pelt was matted and dirty. A few fleas were piled up along his spine and he had several small cuts and bruises from the rough stone floor he had been pressing himself against. He got to his paws and limped over to his friends. “I’m a terrible cat.” He meowed, voice starting to sound less coarse, but still scratchy. He turned around, obvoiusly hurting, and stumbled back to the dark corner “I deserve this pain...and I’m going to die.” Sandstep shook her head in horror, hurrying to his side and pushing herself in front of him. “That’s not true!” She protested “Its not your fault that the bear is here-” Slatestar cut her off with a stern look. But his cloudy eyes seemed to stare right through her. “I could’ve done more. I could’ve fought the bear myself...been more reluctant to agree to his terms. And now because of my mistake, cats who I care about will die. And everyone will hate me. Your own brother, I believe, blames me for all of this. It’s quite obvious, really.” Sandstep heaved a deep sigh. “What Vipersun thinks doesn’t matter.” She meowed strongly “What matters is that you pull yourself together and be the leader BearClan needs. You are strong, brave, and a respectful cat. You could rule the weakest cats and make them the best. Cats would dream about being half the cat you are, but now, you are grief-stricken. We all are. But you have to pull through and be the strong cat I know you can be. Please, Slatestar, do it for us...do it for me.” With these words, she pressed her muzzle into his neck fur, flinching slightly at the feeling of how loose his pelt was around his neck. Slatestar’s eyes widened slightly and he stiffened. Swallowing, he pulled away, walking a few steps before laying down in the shadows. “Your words are too kind for me, Sandstep.” He murmured “I’ll think about them greatly, but for now, please leave me...I’m so tired.” And with that, he rested his chin on his paws, facing the cold stone wall. His body gave a shudder and lay still. Minkblossom sighed and shook her head. Nodding at the hare, signalling for Sandstep to pick it up, the medicine cat exited the cave, leaving to gather herbs to strengthen the leader when he got back from StarClan. Sandstep picked up the hare carefully, it would make a nice meal for the apprentices. She turned to follow Minkblossom, but paused at the den enterance. The deputy turned her head to glance at Slatestar’s dead body. When he woke up, she would see that he returned to all of his glory. “I promise.” She whispered quietly to him, turning and slipping down to the clearing below.

[Slatestar refuses to eat, causing him to lose a life from starvation]
[Deerleap, Sandstep, Cougarleap, And Cindertail patrol]
[Lionclaw, Talonpaw, Robinpaw, And Quailthroat hunt]
[Vipersun, Ravencloud, Elmpaw, And Weaselfur hunt]
[Quailthroat teaches Robinpaw Battle]
[Swiftpaw and Nightpaw train in Battle]
[Lionclaw becomes Talonpaw’s new mentor and teaches Talonpaw Battle]
[Ravencloud teaches Elmpaw Swimming]
[Minkblossom uses x1 Lovage to help Otterfur’s cough]
[The Clan consumes x1 hare and x1 big fish

Leader:
          Slatestar | 47 m | M | X
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★

Deputy:
          Sandstep | 43 m | F | X

Medicine Cat:
          Minkblossom | 53 m | F | X

Warriors:
          Cindertail | 35 m | M | X
          Cougarleap | 28 m | M | X
          Batfur | 29 m | M | X
          Weaselfur | 63 m | M | X
          Rabbitspark | 35 m | F | X
          Grassheart | 31 m | F | X
          Vipersun | 44 m | M | X
          Ravencloud | 32 m | F | X
          Stormfang | 22 m | M | X
          Gingerstem | 34 m | F | X
          Quailthroat | 39 m | F | X
          Otterfur | 45 m | M | X
          Lionclaw | 39 m | M | X
          Adderbreeze | 16 m | F | X
          Squirrelheart | 16 m | F | X
          Fognose | 16 m | F | X
          Deerleap | 30 | F | X

Apprentices:
          Swiftpaw | 13 m | M | X
          Nightpaw | 10 m | M| X
          Elmpaw | 10 m | F| X
          Talonpaw | 10 m | M| X
          Robinpaw | 9 m | M| X

Queens:
          Wisteriawind | 44 m | F | X
          Wrenpond | 25 m | F | X

Kits:
          Thistlekit | 4 m | M | X
          Hickorykit | 4 m | M | X (left)
          Acornkit | 4 m | F | X (right)
          Cherrykit | 4 m | F | X
          Darkkit | 3 m | M | X
          Hollykit | 3 m | F | X

Elders:
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders

Medicine Store
    Poppy Seeds | Eases Pain | x2
    Lovage | Helps cure coughs | x0
    Wild Garlic | Prevents infection when rolled in, esp. rat bites | x2
    Borage | Brings down fever, reduces belly and chest pain, and helps queens produce more milk| x1
    Bright-Eye | Helps cure coughs | x1
    Herb | Usage | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mouse | x4 | 1 servings
    Minnow | x5 | 1 servings
    Small Fish | x1 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x3 | 2 servings
    Hare | x0| 3 servings

Mentors:
    Batfur | Swiftpaw | 4 | Hunting, Stealth, Climbing, Swimming
    Cougarleap | Nightpaw | 3 | Hunting, Stealth
    Ravencloud | Elmpaw | 4 | Hunting, Climbing, Battle, Stealth
    Lionclaw | Talonpaw | 4 | Hunting, Climbing, Stealth, Swimming
    Quailthroat | Robinpaw | 3 | Swimming, Hunting, Stealth

Stone Pool:
    Cindertail | 3
    Cougarleap | 3
    Batfur | 3
    Rabbitspark| 2
    Weaselfur | 3
    Grassheart | 3
    Vipersun | 3
    Wisteriawind | 3
    Ravencloud | 3
    Stormfang | 3
    Gingerstem | 3
    Quailthroat| 3
    Otterfur | 3
    Adderbreeze | 3
    Fognose | 3
    Squirrelheart | 3
    Deerleap | 3

Deceased Cats:
    Cedarsplash | Died from wounds caused by the bear | X

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
inky.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me