Based on Click to view
Artist naumachy [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
89 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby naumachy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 am

TOSKA

uhh, found this one hanging around in my swamp... honestly, i don't think they wanted to be found in the first place. perhaps you can urge them out by finding a common interest? maybe ask what their favorite flora/fauna at kamp is...Image

prompt; coax the kalon out by enticing them with your knowledge and interest in the local flora/fauna [???????]
    this has to be completed with your kamper! aka your kamper befriending them [can also use your counselor if you're staff]
    - one art piece, no words [except like "kamp" on the shirts] or 500 words max
    - no comics
    - ends in 4 days [the 21st] at 11:59 pm est

Code: Select all
    username;
    name;
    gender;
    kamper/roll call form;
    prompt;

[s] shine, teeth
    [c] hair, tail, backmane
    [u] pupil

[thanks dog for prompt + sunflower toska]
Last edited by naumachy on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby Kyar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:52 am

username; kyar
name; yasu
gender; male
kamper/roll call form; safiya
prompt;
    sunset crept up on her. safiya had faded, once again, into the silence of the forest. it was better than sitting in silence back in the cabins. for how long was she going to be ignored? the other campers all seemed to find friends so fast. it was better out here. less to worry about.

her path led back to the same place it always did: her nook in the woods. she ducked below a hanging spiderweb, evening air troubling its silken strands. the fallen tree stood ahead, its body shadowed by the branches overhead. crickets sang, and frogs, in the distance.

if only someone would notice her.

her eyes drifted upward, squinting at the squirrel's nest above. a sharp inhale, a gasp, as the nest doubled in size, grew... wings? no. it wasn't a squirrel's nest. it was an owl. bright eyes flashed for only an instant. without a sound, it took off.

a rustle in the leaves. she turned, heart still pounding, anticipation. more eyes. a monster? the forbidden forest. she shouldn't be here alone...

another camper. he looked a bit older. he didn't say a word. but he'd come from... deeper in the forest. what was he doing out here, at night, alone?

"what do you want?" safiya snapped. this was her place. what was he doing here?

his hand extended, pointing up at the nest. hand gestures? what was he doing?

"the owl?" she asked, glancing back up at the empty nest. or was it empty? were there eggs, hatchlings, inside?

the man nodded. he pulled out a notebook and began to write.

my name is yasu. i can't speak.

watching him, her defenses were up. what did he want? safiya grabbed the slip, read it, and narrowed her eyes at him.

"what do you want?" she repeated, tossing the page back. he grabbed it, fumbling it against his chest for a moment. he wrote again.

to watch

reading from afar this time, safiya weighed her options. this had been her spot, her safety. why should she open it to him? over some dumb owl that wasn't even here? she caught him pointing again, and it took a moment for her to realize... it was back. but when? she hadn't heard a thing.

yasu was smiling. safiya's eyes turned up to the bird, and she watched it fixing the nest, surveying the area. no sound. crickets. frogs. the silence of the night. for a brief instant, she forgot she had company.

"yasu," she whispered, "why do you like owls so much?"

the boy held a finger to his lips, looking back up at the tree. was that a command, or an answer? though he couldn't say it, she had a feeling she knew.

(457/500 words)
Last edited by Kyar on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am

Mork
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iuno. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am

username; iuno.
    name; roadrunner
    gender; male
    kamper/roll call form; merlot
    prompt;

res w/ roseate spoonbils
Last edited by iuno. on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iuno.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am

username;
name;
gender;
kamper/roll call form;
prompt;

Mark
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:53 am

username; Junkratss
name; Tethys
gender; male
kamper/roll call;
bonk
prompt;

There was no reason for sneaking into the swamp, other than meeting Toska. Jack was always up for some good mischevious fun... he had missed messing with the guards, and counselors were sturdy replacement.

It had been some time now, and nothing could be found of any other kalon. Jack really had managed to get himself lost. again. The swamp, a novelty spot, had now become a trap. Jack - hair standing on end, paws nervously shredding the murky foliage below, sprigs now stuck between his fingers, mud in his claws - was wet, lost, cold, and... scared. There was no excuse for this. Pirate or kamper, he should’ve been able to navigate around the swamp, at least find Toska. He had found many other kalons by paths less traveled.

Jack’s breath hitched as he began to panic. Just stay here, just stay calm. You’ll find Toska - Toska will find you. It’s not like last time. However much he attempted to coerce himself back into stability, it failed. The bedraggled kalon was now huddled against the trunk of a great cypress, head in hands, breathing ragged, uneven. Get it together. You’re on your own this time.

Looking up with bleary eyes, Jack had finally calmed enough to resume searching — this time for a way out— when a hulking figure appeared across the clearing. It was too white to be Toska, but Jack was relieved to see another face, crossing the clearing in a matter of moments, before stopping just in front of the larger unfamiliar kalon.

“Uh, n-nice to meet you I’m Jack and I don’t believe we’ve met?” Jack began, before barreling on with due fervor, “Whether we’ve met or not, you’re probably a kamper. or a counselor. Truth is... I’m really lost... a-and scared. I-I don’t want to be alone again. Uh. You’d be able to help me back to kamp? right?” Jack studied the kalon opposite him, who seemed unmoved.

Jack sighed, finding a seat on a nearby log. “Look I.. know you have no reason to help me,” He began, running a nervous paw through his knotted tail, before looking up to notice the boar-like kalon eyeing his shine. “Oh uh, do ya like fish?”

The male only turned to show a large red marking on his shoulder, still keeping a heavy eye on Jack.

“Yknow... I-I used to see those kinds a’ fish all the time. Can’t show ya any like that, but if ya help me out I could show ya where the best ones in kamp are?” Jack reached upwards, tracing over the marking. “I miss the ocean. Miss the freedom, but it’s not so bad here.”

“I miss it too, the open waters.” The male replied, shuffling closer to Jack. “ Name’s Tethys. I’ll get us out of here... so long as you can show me those fish ya promised.” A toothy smile and the two were off, an odd pair thrown together by a common love, a common loss.
[500/500]
Last edited by sobble on Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
    They/them | Adult | Guest teacher
    Starting my PA program in May!!
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:54 am

I'M LOVE
just not here anymore -
check out my da or add me on discord!

box - they/them or she/hers
about - my kalons - da

ImageImageImage
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 am

res
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lost kamper #1 || wild boar

Postby suds » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 am

user: suds
      name: kirin
      kamper: saki / roll call

the two were set in a standoff.

saki swallowed thickly, looking at the kalon who decided to scuttle by his bush. currently, he was working on bug catching. keyword: was. the other kalon blinked a few times before retreating into the flora.

he waved his arms as if to say “wait!”. saki had no idea what she was doing out here on her own. she didnt have a kamp shirt, so he guessed she was lost.

eyeing him suspiciously, she rose out of the bush, looking down at saki. he flattened his ears. quickly, he squatted and wrote in the dirt “s-a-k-i” with an arrow towards him before making a question mark towards her. she racked her mind for a moment, settling on: “kirin”. saki signed the name to himself, trying to remember.

are you..” he stumbled with his hands, searching. “..lost?” he tried, hoping she understood his motions. she didnt. “what?” she bellowed, watching in bewilderment. saki wrinkled his nose at her breath, it smelled like fish. he wrote in the dirt, “lost?” and she nodded before changing her mind and shaking her head. “not lost. i wont go back to that camp.” she huffed, crossing her arms.

saki’s intuition told him he should bring her to a counselor right away. he hesitated. “why not?” to which she replied “boring. no bugs. you have net, bug catching? not in camp.” kirin looked at saki intently, almost challenging him. “holy moly,” saki thought, gulping.

bugs at camp too!” he wrote quickly, digging his nail in the dirt. he racked his mind for anything that would get her attention. “slugs?” he offered signing it too. remembering seeing them decorate the steps up to his cabin, he winced. the suckers were everywhere. she looked at the ground curiously. “what are slugs?” she softly wrote, gently waiting for saki to answer.

he drew a crude slug the best he could, wincing. “like okra but... soft and slimy like gummies.” her eyes lit up. “show?” she suggested, standing up and dusting her knees off. saki quickly followed, grabbing his net. quietly he padded through the woods, careful not to step on anything sharp.

she touched his shoulder gently, mentioning to her ears, she mouthed “deaf?” saki nodded solemnly, ignoring the sad look in her eyes, continuing on the path. he looked around, suddenly feeling protective of kirin. her eyes sparkled in amusement as he tiptoed across camp to the steps of the cabin.

most campers were busy with the new activies. he rested his hands on the wood to feel if anyone was walking around inside. they werent. he carefully peeled back a board, mentally crying as he felt around inside. kirin pushed him lightly out of the way, seeing his discomfort. without hesitation she grabbed a slug, holding it in her hands.

she watched it crawl along her fingers intently. then she picked up another one. and another one. she laughed loudly, the slugs tickling her arms.

“i guess i’ll stay.. thank you.”
Last edited by suds on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

-[ Fauna?

Postby bakuraas. » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:55 am

username; Golden-Boy
name;Anglo-Saxon
gender; Male
kamper/roll call form;Darrius - Roll Call
prompt; [500/500]
Darrius opened up his large book, and moved it so that the other kalon could see it. Their face twisted in confusion and slight disgust as the two looked at the gross figure on the page. It looked distorted, and Anglo-Saxon was pretty sure that faces weren't supposed to twist that way. He looked over to the smiling kalon, wondering what on earth he was talking about.

"I've heard, that in this very swamp, there is a creature that is going to come out and look for someone to tell their story to the masses! Some creature beyond our very imagination, coming from the toxic worlds of space, living in this very swamp." Darrius smiled towards the confused looking kal, and before the red and white kalon could talk, Darrius went on about this creature.

"Not only is said to live here, it's also been the word around the block that with the arrival of the great Kil'huug of the swamp, the waters will be filled with fish that can tear off entire limbs! Isn't that amazing!?" The response was a huff, and a roll of the kalon's eyes. "I hate fish." He growled, seeming to tense up as he spoke. Anglo decided to hold a breath for a moment, exhaling all at once and letting himself calm down. "I prefer lizards, honestly. Is there anything in your weird book about lizards?"

"You mean like Yu'lii the unlimited, with ultimate powers of the oceans and with familiars that are two giant monitor lizards that can turn anyone who looks at them the wrong way into swamp muck?" The male excitedly blabbered, and a small smile came to the other male. "Yeah, exactly like that, actually. I love monitor lizards, sounds really rad that a god has two of them. You think they might show up here too?" Darrius saw the other's expression and decided to smile back, getting up and holding the book close to him as he spoke.

"Yeah of course! This place is one of the most prime locations of sightings of Yu'lii the Unlimited, so we might get a glimpse of his lizards if we wander around a lot." Anglo bolted up, a fire seeming to have sparked in his eyes, and a grin going across his face, decorated with his tusks that made the expression look slightly menacing. "Are we going now? I have a route I take around the swamp if you want to start there!"

Darrius liked the enthusiasm, but he was tired, it was getting extremely late, and he had to get back to the cabins. "Not right now, but...if you want to follow me to my cabin, we might be able to talk more about Yu'lii and his familiars until we can go searching." Anglo paused, but brought himself to walk up next to Darrius and follow him as they walked themselves back. On their way, Darrius made a small note "Also, If the other campers tell you to shush, punch them."
Last edited by bakuraas. on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups