Based on Click to view
Artist naumachy [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
62 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

nb pride (orphan batch #12)

Postby naumachy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 am

yoooooooo its the nonbinary kit !!
someone who is nonbinary (aka genderqueer) does not identify entirely with either of the binary genders, male & female.
there are a lot of identities that fall under this umbrella, like me!
this is such a broad range i'm not looking for forms that correspond with what the kit represents; it won't affect the judging!
(you also do not have to be lgbt+ to try out for these kits!)

prompt
important scene from their past: this kit is faced with a harsh decision between several outcomes. what do they choose and how does that decision represent them? what does it lead to? is it a mistake?
(ex. the kit is faced with two paths in the woods - one dark and one light. do they choose the dark one because they are brave or because they prefer it? etc etc bad example)

- i'm looking for development via this / something to show who they are! the scene can be a dream, in a game, anything really; however since they're still a kit it should be set in their childhood (you can include "what it leads to" as later in their life though)
-max of 1k words (give or take a few idm if you go over slightly) or two art pieces (can only have necessary words like on signs)
- extra (optional): give me a queer book rec! we have a new library and they have quite a few.

ends july 30, 11:59 central (12:59 est)

Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
prompt;
extra; (optional)

(sclera, shine, teeth, hair, fur, tail, ears, pupil)
Last edited by naumachy on Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
♞ nau • they/them, aries, intp • naumachy#9611 • comms are usd/closed rn • fumischarseddasbug
naumachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: nb pride (orphan batch #12)

Postby rain, » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 am

mark!

"She needs me. And I need her.
Its as simple as that."

🌧 kalons 🌧 my kalons 🌧 my pillowtails 🌧 pillowtails 🌧 work list 🌧
rain,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beeqlass » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:08 am

mark
x
x
x

artemis / they/them ✉
fulltime visual merchandiser
sporadic replies & activities,
please be patient with me w
hen waiting on responses <3

kals / th / c
beeqlass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:11 am

Omg so pretty mark!!
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mima » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:11 am

YESSSSSS WHOO RES,

username; mima
    name; remiel
    gender; no
    prompt;
    extra; (optional)

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:12 am

username; CompleteChicken
name; Lepidoptera
gender; Masculine Genderless
prompt;
(Set in a dystopian future)

"The needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few"
That's what they say.... But do they?do they really? Are the lives of thirty or so strange refugees more important than his mama,papa, and baby sisters lives? The only kalons he's ever known? The kalons he's been raised by and with?

Leo contemplated his options, fumbling with the glowing battery in his paws.
It was far too great of a moral dilemma for such a young child.
he was only 9 at the time.
He began to pace though the tunnel.if he didn't choose soon he wouldn't have a choice at all.

The refugees needed the battery to keep up the force field,the only thing protecting them From certain doom at the fangs of the hounds. But if he didn't get the battery to his Family they would also perish,for they were trapped behind an electric door in a abandoned bunker.The battery could open it.he had been searching for a battery for 3 weeks and they were probably out of water by now.

They had let him into their little camp,they had trusted him

With tears in his eyes he yanked the cord from the battery, placing it in his pack.
He ran out of the tunnel, cold metal no longer under his paws.he looked to the sky,
And watched as the sheild shattered,he looked down at the camp,

Down in the valley the refugees gasped in horror and the commotion began.
large hounds that had been lurking outside rushed at them, fangs barred, and barking rabidly.
The refugees tried to protect their kits, their food, themselves, but the hounds were to strong...

Leo ran in the opposite direction.
Away,back towards his family.

He had killed innocent people.
And it would haunt him forever.

He did manage to save his family, but he never told them how.....
He couldn't...

extra; (optional)
Sorry I don't know of any
I hope you find some cool books to read
Last edited by Chickpea on Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:14 am

username; junkratss
name; iudicium
gender; Male, but loosely adheres to this
prompt;
extra;
(optional)
this comp ends on my birthday ayyy
I also recommend “The Five Stages of Andrew Brawley” , I’m not a huge reader bt this book really got me :”0
Last edited by sobble on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    They/them | Adult | Guest teacher
    Starting my PA program in May!!
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:22 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    76heartsharinon-binary, she/her pronouns1,195 words
    i unfortunately don't know any queer books since i write more than i read, but possibly try the dragon age
    books? i'd be genuinely surprised if there wasn't at least one lgbtq+ character in them, what with all the ones
    who are lgbtq+ in the games. there's krem, a personal favorite of mine (he has an epic chair glitch that
    bioware has actually acknowledged in the game and it's amazing "oh I keep standing up on my chair to get a
    better look at you as you [the bard in the tavern he's stationed in] play"), who is transgender, and then sera
    and dorian who are gay, and iron bull, josephine, scout harding (a semi romance option), and i believe all the
    romance options in DA2 (and maybe some in DA:O?) are all bisexual, and i'm sure if the book stories are as
    wonderful as the ones in the game, they'll be phenomenal
    i'm also sorry i went over a little more than give or take a few ahh, i really hope it still counts. i already cut
    a whole lot out, including a thing i really wanted to include for madame pashara based on asra, and his
    familiar faust
    from the game called the arcana (10/10 recommend this as well, it's a visual novel)
    this is also set in my medieval fantasy desert world erast, which includes my zaida and dimitri, though neither
    are present within this
    xxxSounds of a busy market, of a thriving traveling caravan train, sounds so familiar to her, hummed in through the flaps of the fortune teller's tent she called her home, singing tells of the outside world, of how bountiful this visit in this city was going to be, and how plentiful the coin they had earned was so far. It was almost comforting for her to hear those sounds now, to listen to the sounds of chatter outside, of the excited voices of children exclaiming in wonder at what they saw in the tents and caravans carrying all sorts of magic and mystery, vaguely like a sweet lullaby to her ears as she and her mentor, a magician, a skilled kalon much older and wiser than herself, covered in bangles and thin cloths from all sorts of places, waited for a customer to duck inside the flaps of their humble little tent and ask for their fortune, for their future, to be told.
    xxxToday, as it usually was in the mornings of their first day in a new city, had so far been extremely slow, with not a single soul walking in, or pausing outside to peruse their sign, announcing their special talent. She wasn't bored exactly, but she was certainly close, especially because the Madame would not even let her practice the cards, scolding her for such a thing. "What would the customers think if they saw you practicing child? They would think we were a sham!" She always cried, dramatically turning it into a tale of woe. That changed however, when the flap suddenly was pulled open, harshly ripping her from her thought filled daze, and right back into reality, where she, and her mentor leapt into practiced action.
    xxxA father, and his daughter had entered their tent, their similarities shining brightly, and the care for each other shining even brighter. His eyes were soft and kind, warm and friendly, and hers were curious, wistful, examining the tent as the two sat down on plush pillows as if it were the most magical thing there was, and the Madame didn't miss a beat.

xxx"Ahh, welcome welcome! I am Madame Pashara, and I see you are here to dabble in the forces of destiny, of fate!" As usual, Madame's movements were exaggerated, and her tone equally grandiose, a routine she knew so well, but one, this time, she found herself unable to listen to, as the crystal ball drew her attention, showing her something for the very first time, and after seeing it, she wished it never had. It was the father, and within the swirling mist of the crystal, he lay there, dead, a jeweled sword sticking from his chest. Her entire world dropped, halting to a screech, and she felt all of her breath catch in an impassable lump in her throat. By the gods- oh god, oh god. She nearly choked on her own breath at the sight, pure horror creeping in. Oh god. She couldn't even begin to describe what she saw, what she felt, there weren't words for the fear, for the terror that had taken hold. A man in her tent was going to die, a father was going to die, and in her hands was the power to change it and she didn't know what to do. Madame had told her that when the fates showed her something, something only she could see, that it would be unwise not to listen, but to be careful about what she did. Saying could either stop what she saw, or cause it, and not saying could do the same things. Oh gods. What was she to do? No one around her had seen it, only the person the ball showed it to could, and no one else, save for the kit she barely registered peering at her thoughtfully, even seemed to notice the terror that had crept onto her features. How does one tell another of their own death? How does someone tell another that they're going to die? That they know how, and when? How was she supposed to tell him that she had seen his death? How could she tell him, in front of his child, a kit even younger than her by the looks, that he was going to die? She didn't know, she didn't know! Her head swam, aching, racing with all the possibilities, and she sat there silent for minutes, her mind screaming over what she should do, over the options she had, over the choice she had to make. She was running out of time now, she could see the Madame finishing up through the lifeless lens of her eyes, too wrapped up in her work to notice the dilemma of her apprentice. She didn't have the time, she didn't have the time! She had to make a decision before they left, forever gone, his death sealed in fate. She still didn't know what to do though, didn't know what to choose, even as they began to rise and turn for the door. This was her last chance, her last second to try and save him, but when she opened her mouth to warn him, nothing came out. She couldn't mess with the fates. She couldn't tell him, she couldn't, and now, as she watched the two leave the tent, she felt a sickness creep into her bones, a sickness she knew wasn't going to go away. She had just condemned a man to death. She had just cost a child her father, deep down she knew it to be so.

xxxIt was now nearly a week later, when the rest of the caravans were packing up to move to the next city, and the dread in her heart still remained. The whole week she had been unable to do anything but hope to every god there was that what she'd seen hadn't come to pass, that she had been right in not warning. After a worker passed by though, she knew that her deepest fear had come to fruition. There was the kit from before, the daughter, staring at her with eyes full of hatred, and grief, and she knew. She knew her father had died, and she had done nothing to stop it. She had said nothing, it was her fault he was gone, and now she had to pay the price.

xxx"My father is dead, and you knew that didn't you, you knew that wouldn't happen? I saw you, I know you did!"
    xxx"I'm so sorry I- I didn't know-" Shari's ears flattened against her skull.
    xxx"Why didn't you say anything, you could have saved him! But you didn't, and now he's gone!" She screamed, anguish clear in her broken voice.
    xxx"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do, what was I supposed to say?"
    xxx"What you saw!" There were tears flooding the other kit's eyes, drowning them in an ocean before they overflowed, and carved rivers down her cheeks. Shari could hear her heart break within her voice, the crushing wave that overtook her tone, the way it seemed to shatter into even smaller pieces as she spoke.
Last edited by 76heart on Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

defender of mankind

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:22 am

username; silentmelody || name; alessandro (meaning "defender of mankind") || gender; non-binary (dmab)

he sat huddled in the corner, arms wrapped around his knees and his knees pulled to his chest. rocking back at forth, the kalon muttered under his breath and shook his head every so often.

"what have i done, what have i done, what have i done?" alessandro murmured to himself repeatedly and moves his hands to each temple. a headache is coming forth, maybe even a migraine. he'd been getting them more often now and much worse than before.

"pills. i need pills," he said to himself and crawled to the beside table in the middle of the room. pulling the drawer open, alessandro rummaged around until his hand hit the bottle and made a rattling sound. he grabbed it and took it out, screwing the cap until it falls off. while shaking, two pills fall onto his tongue and he swallows them dry.

---

res with having the choice of ignoring their powers or embracing them, has the powers of light and darkness but can get out of control. isn't sure how he can defend mankind if he's out of control and destroying things against his will.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
discord - silent.melody
deviantart - mutedmelodies

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences
artist, reader/writer, roleplayer

starting on March 27th
active on site until then!

SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyborgishly » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 am

username;
name;
gender;
prompt;
extra; the captive prince series is really good and so is the song of Achilles!! They’re both based during the time of the ancients! Captive prince is more or less loosely based on Greece/France and surrounding kingdoms.
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me