Domesticated Griffons {code drop + hiring!}

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

Domesticated Griffons {code drop + hiring!}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 am

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"Hellooooo!"
You look around, rather startled. You've just walked into a large building in the middle of nowhere, with a sign labeling it as 'Domesticated Griffons'. At first glance, the building was deserted. You quickly spot the source of the voice, and you stare.

"I'm Kwami, and I'll be your guide today!"
'Kwami' appears to be a vibrant green cat, with bat wings the same color as her body, bird talons for front legs,
and a lion-like tail. It...she? It sounds like a she. She is wearing a golden necklace with a vibrant purple gem, the same shade as her eyes. Kwami smiles at you, before continuing.

"I'm one of the few Domesticated Griffons in the world, you see, a long time ago, Griffons used to be wild and free, but then, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, people started hunting us!"
a small shudder runs through Kwami, but before you can say or do anything, she's back to smiling
"Because of that, the people here at Domesticated Griffons, decided to capture Griffons, to tame them and breed them. They've been doing that for a while, and we've just adopted out our fourth"
her bat-like wings flare excitedly and flap a few times
"You just missed litter four, but litter five will be up soon! Why don't I give you a tour while you wait? When we're done, you can order a custom too! After trading for Gold Pieces of course."
Last edited by Springtalon on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am, edited 14 times in total.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {rules, staff, and affiliates}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:52 am

"First off, let's cover the rules."

Only take the pets offsite if you link back here.
Certain designs are reserved, they will be covered in the customs section, please don't steal them or ask to use them
Please don't steal other people's Griffs, that is considered art theft and I will ban you from the thread and from using Domesticated Griffons anywhere.
I don't mind if you use your adopted Griffs as ocs outside of the adventure quest, just link back here and give credit for the design to the proper artist m'kay?
Marking the thread is fine, but spam isn't. Please take chatter about your Griffs to pms.
One Griff cub per litter! Other people want some too I'm sure!
You can trade Griffs for items or other Griffons, but only with mine and both parties agreement
Please be kind, we all have lives outside of CS after all!

"Now that you've got those down, why don't I introduce you to the staff!"

"Hi! I'm Savannah-the-Caracal, but feel free to call me Savvy.
I'm just your average friendly gal who
loves art! If you have any questions just let me know~

moderators:
Hiya! I'm Heda Fox but for short I go by Fox. ^-^
I have no preference on pronouns so you can
call me anything! I'm very nice and I love making
new friends. I'm a big time gamer as well as a
roleplayer and I love music so much! If you want to
talk then feel free to message me, my Pms are always open! :)

"i'm noodle, a dork who sits around all day
and does absolutely nothing useful. i'm cisfemale
and panromantic, and a flimsy bag of trash! i like
listening to music, reading, writing, roleplaying, and
watching tv! pm me if you have any questions, want to
chat, or want to roleplay!

artists:
"Haiii there! I’m ThatGirlLegend but
you can just call me Legend, my
pronouns are she/her, or some
people call me short, but I really
don’t care what you call me, im
working on getting better at my
art and just trying to survive
everyday life. ^^ I hope we can
be friends!

Howdy! I'm WillowPaw'sDream but you
can call me Willow if you wish. My
pronouns are she/her. I love to read,
write and draw. I'm always looking for new
friends so don't be afraid to PM me! Have
a great day.

"Hmm...the staff slots seem kinda empty don't they? I know! Why don't you apply? We could use some extra artists and a thread moderator or two. And once the Adventure Quest goes live, we'll need a few repliers for that! To apply, just fill out the proper form below and send it to Savannah-the-Caracal!

Staff get different privileges, depending on their ranks. Artists will get one free custom every month they work here, and discounted breeding fees, Moderators get a free custom when they join and one free item every month. Repliers get two free items every month, and a discount on customs and breeding. Artists are required to make at least one litter a month, and a maximum of three a month."

Artist
[code] I want to become an artist at Domesticated Griffons!

What art program do you use? :
Art examples (pixel) :
Experience :
How much free time do you have? :
Would you understand if I had to fire you? :
Anything else I should know? :
Would you understand if I don't hire you? :
[/code]

Moderator -- closed for the time being, may open up as we grow bigger
Code: Select all
    [size=70][b][u]I want to become a thread moderator at Domesticated Griffons![/b][/u]

[b]Do you have any experience moderating threads, or moderating in general? (please link) :[/b]
    [b]Why should I hire you? :[/b]
    [b]Would you be able to be patient with people who are aggravating you?:[/b]
    [b]How much free time do you have? :[/b]
    [b]Would you understand if I had to fire you? :[/b]
    [b]Anything else I should know? : [/b]
    [b]Would you understand if I don't hire you? :[/b]
    [/size]

Replier
    [size=70][b][u]I want to become a replier for Domesticated Griffon Adventures![/b][/u]

[b]Do you have any experience in replying? (please link):[/b]
    [b]Why should I hire you? :[/b]
    [b]Would you be able to be patient with people who are unknowingly breaking the rules?:[/b]
    [b]Are you able to post once a day? :[/b]
    [b]Would you understand if I had to fire you? :[/b]
    [b]Anything else I should know? : [/b]
    [b]Would you understand if I don't hire you? :[/b]
    [/size]

"One last thing here, below is a list of our affiliates! While your waiting for litters, or for your customs to be done, why don't you go check them out? Owners of Affiliate Adoptables may choose to get one free custom Griffon, with any of the common traits for free!

If you want to become an affiliate, just Message Savvy!"

Our Stamp
    [url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3841066][img]https://i.imgur.com/vOcvLR0.png[/img][/url]

♢☽The Fairies' Cattle☾♢
{deer used is mine since there isn't a button yet -- please don't use}

Last edited by Springtalon on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 am, edited 31 times in total.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {traits}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:58 am

"I gotta go get the shop dusted off, make sure Wyvern is actually there, you know, all that stuff. I'm gonna turn this part of the tour over to Jaquin, head of the nursery!"

Kwami flies away, and the sound of pawsteps alerts your attention to a dark red Griffon with feathery cherry-colored wings and rather pale claws.

"Hey, I'm Jaquin. It's my job to care for the baby Griffons, until they're old enough to be adopted by people like you. Let's get started by going over the traits."

"This is a standard Domesticated Griffon, about eighty percent of litters will grow into this. That's right, I said grow. Litters start off as tiny cubs. After a minimum of one week, you can come back and grow them up. Or you can leave them as adorable cubs forever. It doesn't matter how long it's been, as long as it's been a week, you can grow your Griff up at any time."

Common Traits
"These are the traits that you can find in litters, or for one gold piece in customs."
Closed Wings
Fluffy Tail
Fluffy Head
Clawless Mutation

Uncommon Traits
"These traits cost five gold pieces each in customs, and can very rarely be seen in litters. They can also come out of Adventure Quest Griffons, and on occasion Event Griffons."
Fluffy Chest
Fluffy Legs
Fae Wings
Sparkles
Two Tails Mutation

Rare Traits
"These traits cannot be included in customs unless granted permission from Savannah-the-Caracal, and can never be found in litters. They can however come from special Events"

Bat Wings
No Wings
Bi-toned. Most Griffs have only a single body color, Bi-toned have differently colored wings, paws, or tails
Four Ears Mutation

"New traits are being discovered all the time, so be sure to check back here. Who knows, maybe an uncommon will start to be seen more and more, until it becomes a common! And if you think you've got an idea for a trait, be sure to mention it! Who knows, it just might become a reality!"

Last edited by Springtalon on Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {litters, customs, and shop}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:51 am

"Alright, now that we've gotten traits out of the way, I'll take you to the hatchery"
Jaquin leads you down several halls, until finally you reach a room that looks like a greenhouse, with an all glass roof. You look around excitedly, and find three baby Griffons nestled in the grasses.
Litter Made by ThatgirlLegend

Known Traits: None
Claimed by Jules_PiscesGirl

Claimed by Canary22

Claimed by loser,

"This is our fourth litter, here's the form to adopt. While you fill it out, I'll take you to Wyvern."
[size=70][b][u]I want to Adopt a Baby Griffon![/b][/u]

[b]litter number :[/b] 04
        [b]griffon number :[/b]
        [b]new name :[/b]
        [b]new gender :[/b]
        [/size]

You're led to a room across the hall, where a tired looking blue Griffon with Fae Wings is rolling his eyes as Kwami bounces around him excitedly. When Kwami sees you, she gasps rather dramatically and darts towards you

"There you are! What took so long? This is Wyvern, he's in charge of the bank and the store, and he helps run the Adventure Quest!"

an excited tremor runs along her wings, at the same time as the blue Griffon, Wyvern you assume, sighs and shakes his head.

"Hey, I'm Wyvern. Sorry 'bout Kwami. She can be a bit...excitable at times. Anyways, here's my shop. Feel free to take a look around. The items all have labels, and descriptions. But if you try to leave without buying one I'll know so don't even try alright?"

With his tone, its hard to tell whether or not he's joking. You decide to just look around.

"We don't have very many items yet, but our crafters are always working hard. If you've got an idea for an item you want to use to customize your Griff, be sure to mention it. If you want to buy anything, just fill this out"
[size=70][b][u]I want to Buy an Item[/b][/u]

[b]item name :[/b]
        [b]quantity :[/b]
        [b]colors :[/b]
        [b]price :[/b]
        [/size]

Visible Mouth: 1 Gold Piece
Most of the time you can't see a Domesticated Griffon's mouth, unless it's talking of course. If you'd like to change that, all you'll need to pay is a single gold piece.

Jeweled Collar: 5 Gold Pieces
These collars are single colored, with a gemstone in the middle that matches your Griff's eyes!

Tail Band: 5 Gold Pieces
Tail Bands are all the rage these days. The same shade as your Griff's eyes, you can also pay an extra 5 Gold Pieces to add a stripe of any color to it.

Bracelet: 5 Gold Pieces
Like the rest of the jewelry, this Bracelet comes in one primary color, and the gemstone is the same shade as the Griff's eyes

Beanie: 7 Gold Pieces
This snug little cap will keep your Griffon's head warm for sure! Comes in any color of your choice, and with 5 extra Gold Pieces you can add a splash of extra color.

Feather Earring: 10 Gold Pieces
Made from the shed feathers of our very own griffons, these accessories come in a random color!

Gemstone Earrings: 15 Gold Pieces
Rare gems placed carefully into your Griffon's ear, you may choose the colors of each individual gem. Starts with two stones, any extra is +5 Gold Pieces

Reversal Potion: 25 Gold Pieces
Turn your Griffon back into a baby forever. There is no way to undo this, so be careful!

Color Potion: 50 Gold Pieces
Any Griffon who drinks this will have their colors changed! This can only be used twice per Griffon

Growth Potion: 75 Gold Pieces
Skip the week-long wait by having your baby griffons drink this, and grow up instantly!

Mystery Egg: 100 Gold Pieces
Now don't give me that look, where did you think baby Grifons came from? We're part bird after all. Mystery Eggs can be returned after one week to hatch into a Baby Griffon, this is one of the only ways to get a Griffon with a rare trait, but it is a very low possibility.

"If I'm reading you right, then you can't wait to buy some of this stuff. Can't say I blame you, it's pretty sweet. But before you can do that, you're going to need some Gold Pieces. Griffons, domesticated or not, LOVE gold. Here's a chart to tell you how to convert your pets, C$, and off-site currency for them."

ChickenSmoothie Currency to Gold Piece Conversion Chart wrote:date doesn't matter
OMG So Common:: 1 Gold Piece
Very Common:: 2 Gold Piece
Common:: 3 Gold Pieces
Uncommon:: 4 Gold Pieces
Rare:: 5 Gold Pieces
Very Rare:: 10 Gold Pieces
OMG So Rare:: 20 Gold Pieces

Wishlist:: +10 Gold Pieces
Store Pet:: +50 Gold Pieces

1 C$:: 5 Gold Pieces

Offsite Currency to Gold Piece Conversion Chart wrote:only applicable for the below sites as I am active on them
LIODEN.COM
1 Silver Beetle:: 1 Gold Piece
1 Gold Beetle:: 15 Gold Pieces

DEVIANTART.COM
1 DA Point:: 10 Gold Pieces

WRITINGDELIGHT.FREEFORUMS.NET
1 Krystal:: 1 Gold Piece

"To keep track of how many Gold Pieces you have, just wander on over to this back shelf. It's the bank. We also keep records there of who owns which Griffons, in case of needed recalls, trades, or if they lose the code somehow, and the items they have on their account."

"Alright, it's nearly time for you to move along, so I'll finish off by explaining customs.
Customs cost 50 Gold Pieces for the base. Common Traits cost an extra gold piece each, and Uncommon traits cost an extra five gold pieces each. To order, just fill out this form and post it below once the shop is open."

[size=70][b][u]I want a Custom Domesticated Griffon![/b][/u]

[b]preferred artist if any :[/b]
        [b]body color :[/b]
        [b]claw color :[/b]
        [b]eye color :[/b]
        [b]traits (maximum of four -- only one mutation):[/b]
        [b]gender:[/b]
        [b]name (for archive purposes) :[/b]
        [b]anything else you feel we should know? : [/b]
        [b]total cost :[/b]
        [/size]

Last edited by Springtalon on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:11 am, edited 22 times in total.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {breeding and adventure quest}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am

"There we go. Now, say goodbye to Wyvern, and I'll tell you about Breeding."
Jaquin takes you out of the shop room, as Wyvern waves one of his four fae wings lazily.

"Breeding is how you can get adorable baby Griffons, without waiting for new litters, or paying for a custom. To Breed, you simply need to have either two Griffons of the opposite gender, or a Griff of one Gender and another person who has a Griff of the opposite gender to agree. After that, you bring them both here, show proof of conset as well as an agreement for who gets what number of cubs, who's paying what amount and boom. Your Baby Griffons get delivered to you within a week, you get the number determined to you, and if there are any extra they are put up for adoption. The last bred pair will always be displayed here, as well as their offspring."

Jaquin's chest puffs out as she nods towards a blank scroll. You get the feeling that she adores cubs

"Alright, my part of the tour is over, now its back over to Kwami. Before she gets here though, I am required to tell you. There is a small chance that cubs resulted from breeding can be born albino, melanistic, or as a runt. There's nothing wrong with them, and in fact they're quite rare. Anyone who owns one should be quite proud. To breed, you need 100 Gold Pieces, and you need to fill out this form."

[size=70][b][u]I want to Breed my Griffons![/b][/u]

[b]username :[/b] 02
        [b]griffon male :[/b]  (provide image)
        [b]griffon female :[/b]  (provide image)
        [b]other :[/b]
        [/size]

Kwami then races down the hall towards you, bat wings flapping excitedly and causing her to hover a few inches off the ground. She takes hold of your hand, and starts nudging you towards a door labeled 'Quest'

"Alright, so now you know about litters, and traits, and the shop, and breeding and almost everything you need to know. There's just one more awesome surprise!"

Kwami opens the door and all but pushes you inside. You stumble through, and look around at the world before you. There's forest, hills, a lake, fields, nearly every type of land imaginable is here.

"This is the Adventure Quest. It's open for anyone with an adopted Griffon, and you can take your Griffons here to play with them! Babies can learn how to fly, adults can trek through the woods. And who knows, you might find some dropped items or Gold Pieces, or an unclaimed Domesticated Griffon might decide it wants you to be its owner! You can only post once a day, but it's totally worth it!"

Last edited by Springtalon on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {open for posting!}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 am

"Well...that's everything. So feel free to post! Whether your marking, ordering a custom, or just generally showing up to haunt the thread until later. I hope to see you around!"

With that, Kwami takes flight, vanishing quickly back into the building. All alone, you take a moment to breath, and then look around.

What now?

Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {noodle's custom baby!}

Postby Springtalon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:42 pm

¡ noodle ! wrote:
    i want a custom domesticated griffon!

preferred artist if any : savvy!
    body color : could i have a pale gray?
    claw color : just a light tan. c:
    traits : closed wings, a fluffy head, tail, and chest!
    anything else you feel we should know? : is it possible for the griffin to have dark green eyes?
    total cost : this is my free custom!

Accepted, and yes! The eyes can be any color.

Will be up by Friday Night PST
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Domesticated Griffons {open and hiring!}

Postby Echofall » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I want a Custom Domesticated Griffon!

preferred artist if any :
        body color : Black
        claw color : Dark Red
        traits : No Wings, Fluffy Head and Sparkles!
        anything else you feel we should know? : Pink eyes
        total cost : Free

Thank you! ^-^
Echofall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Springtalon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:15 am

HedaFox wrote:        I want a Custom Domesticated Griffon!

preferred artist if any :
        body color : Black
        claw color : Dark Red
        traits : No Wings, Fluffy Head and Sparkles!
        anything else you feel we should know? : Pink eyes
        total cost : Free

Thank you! ^-^

Accepted, code drop will be later today
once we've
if we stand as
someday becomes
and a prayer becomes a
and the strike starts here
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Springtalon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:37 am

Custom Code Drop

@¡ noodle !
A silvery gray Griffon with wings folded against her side wanders over to you. She sniffs you, and then smiles, nodding to herself. You smile slightly at all of its fluff, and the Griffon rubs her head at your hand.
The Griffon is now yours

When the Adventure Quest opens you may use this Griffon in the Adult Griffon Challenges
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3841066][img]https://i.imgur.com/oqEAA1C.png[/img][/url]

@HedaFox
As you wander around the building, you spot a jet black Griffon with pink sparkles that seems to be holding its wings to its side. However, when you approach, you realize that it does not have any wings. It's bright red talons are scratching at the ground as it sits sadly. You call out to it, smiling. The griffon turns, and then smiles at you, standing to approach you. You hold your hand out, and the Griffon rubs its head on it.
The Griffon is now yours

When the Adventure Quest opens you may use this Griffon in the Adult Griffon Challenges, however due to its mutation none of the Flying Quests may be taken.
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3841066][img]https://i.imgur.com/mlz4ZqF.png[/img][/url]

Buttons will be released shortly!
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me