Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- Commissions Hesitantly Open by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- Commissions Hesitantly Open

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:16 pm

So I've decided that I really want to spoil my Viscet babs with art, but I'm basically completely broke both on CS and DA and I don't have an account anywhere else people seem to care about, so I figured why not art trades?
I would prefer to do Viscet-for-Viscet only art trades at the moment. I might do more species later, but for now I want to focus on Viscets.
I'm only gonna accept maybe 1-3 trades right now as I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do and I don't want to overload myself too quick.

I currently have 6 Viscets, 1 female 5 males, but I'm really hoping to bump that number up higher in the near future (and try to get a more even gender balance oops)

I can use both Oekaki and FireAlpaca.
I would prefer to only use Oekaki for sketchy fullbodies, halfbodies etc. and pixel avatars simply because that's fastest and easiest for me on Oekaki. FireAlpaca is overall a much nicer app and I can produce much higher quality work with much nicer line work and much more detailed shading on it than I can on Oekaki. Oekaki just happens to be much better for quick sketches and pixel work.

On Oekaki I can do
- Sketchy stuff like above, as well as like this, this, and this but with color and shading, so more like this or this as a final product
- Avatars, both pixel and non-pixel. Pixel examples include this and this. Non-pixel examples would be more like this, this, and this

- Abstract or partial full background look something like this, this, this, this, this, this, and this.
- Full background would look something more like this, this, this, this, this, or this

On FireAlpaca I can do
- Headshots / avatars like this and this
- More abstract fullbodies like this and this
- Basic scenes like this
- I can also work with specific height/width dimensions if you want me to
- Can be uploaded to deviantart or imgur
- I have limited examples right now as I only just recently started using FireAlpaca, but I'm hoping to add more to this soon.
- I don't have FireAlpaca specific background examples right now, so for background examples please check the FireAlpaca examples I've linked above

So if you're interested, please post below with examples of your art, a link to your Viscets or a specific Viscet, as well as which one of mine you could do and I'll respond to you as soon as I can ^^

If you want art of your Viscet but don't want to /can't do art of mine in return, I might be willing to do a few commissions for C$, dA points, or possibly stubs.
I don't have a price system made yet, but if there's enough interest I think I could work something out.

Please see the third post for information on commissions.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- My Viscets

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:17 pm

My Viscet storage is here, but it is pretty empty right now. It's got some personality bits and links to their forms but that's about it.
Kyne and Du'an have itemless refs as well, and I can supply hexcodes and any additional drawing notes for any of them if needed
Some basic blurb about each of them is below

Mika, Tokala, Kyne
ImageImageImage
Evan, Du'an, Paris
ImageImageImage

Overview - My Viscets live in a very medieval fantasy style world, kind of like Eragon or Lord of the Rings, possibly even Game of Thrones (can't be sure cause I've never seen/read it) where magic and all sorts of weird plants and animals exist.

- Mika is a sort of wandering adventurer type character. She was separated from her parents when she was a teen and has been living mostly nomadically ever since. She has a shield, a sword with a ruby in the hilt, and some sort of light armor. She's curious, outspoken, tom-boyish, resilient, loyal, temperamental, friendly, and has a very strong sense of justice. She will follow her heart and go with what her gut knows is right, even if she's going against everyone else.
-- Art Count : 11 pieces (11 by me, 0 by others)

- Tokala is more of the young quick-witted and quick-footed rogue/thief Robin Hood archetype character. He lived in a small village with his parents and numerous other siblings, forfeiting his education to help his father make enough money to support their family. He got into his fair share of fights while he was there. He left the village in his older teen years and has been traveling with Mika and Asataryth since then. He's stubborn and impulsive, and is very loyal, hard-working, bold, and selfless, though perhaps a bit too trusting. He'll stick up for his friends and family, no matter the danger to himself.
-- Art Count : 1 piece (0 by me, 1 by others)

- Kyne is very much the evil prince stereotype. He was born to the King and Queen as their only child. He grew up spoiled, and as he got a bit older into his young adult years, his parents ended up leaving the castle to visit neighboring countries for longer and longer stretches of time, leaving him in charge of the palace and the kingdom. In that time he managed to start a war. He's skilled with a blade, and it's one of his greatest sources of pride. He's ambitious, manipulative, arrogant, entitled, intelligent, and determined. If he sets his mind to something, very little can dissuade him from his path.
-- Art Count : 1 piece (1 by me, 0 by others)

- Evan is a soft-spoken mage. He was born in another slightly larger town to normal parents. His life was mostly normal at first, but they discovered he had very strong magical abilities when he and his mother were walking through the forest to visit his dad at work. They were able to control this power for a while, but when the kingdom's most renowned warlock came to town, he took Evan under his wing as his apprentice. Evan then learned to control those powers, and has been living mostly on his own since, with the sole exception of finding Paris. He's intelligent, kind, methodical, tidy, sharp-witted, optimistic, gay, and quite romantic. He does his best to stay hopeful and work through problems, even in the darkest of times.
-- Art Count : 3 pieces (3 by me, 0 by others)

- Du'an is an undead Soul Reaper who took a little bit too much interest in black magic. He lived alone in a keep / graveyard in the mountains and forest quite a ways away from the nearest town, but still within a day's walk. He spent his life trying to understand the connection between the soul, body, and magic. He had a breakthrough one night and immediately acted upon his revelation, a decision that resulted in his body dying yet his soul retaining its link to the mortal world. The Emperor of the Underworld gave him a job as a Soul Reaper due to his unique abilities, and he's been studying magic and the soul ever since. He doesn't have any natural magical powers, but can use shadows to solidify into items such as his cloak and scythe, and can use darkness to teleport as well, dissolving into the shadows, due to being a Soul Reaper and undead. He's grumpy, snappy, cold, indifferent, and harsh yet very driven, determined, and inspired. He may be cold and unforgiving, but he will not rest until the job is done.
-- Art Count : 2 pieces (2 by me, 0 by others)

- Paris is a mischievous forest demon. He doesn't really remember much of his life before that at all, or if he even had a life before then. He mostly spends his days in various woods and forests, tricking unsuspecting Viscets into getting lost. Sometimes, if he's in a bad mood or someone makes him mad enough, he may even outright cast a curse on them. This went on for an indefinite amount of time until one of the Viscets he came across happened to be Evander, whose patience was enough to bore even this endlessly energetic Viscling out. They've been living together since, with Paris giving Evan hell on a day to day basis. He's mischievous, childish, impatient, untrustworthy, and very much loud-mouthed and needy, but most of the time his bark is much worse than his bite. He might be a bit of a snob, but at the end of the day he rarely ever means it.
-- Art Count : 5 pieces (3 by me, 2 by others)
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- Possible Commissions

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:18 pm

For paid commissions, I'll be using the conversion rate below. The USD is simply there for reference, and I am currently only capable of taking digital currency as payment (and CS doesn't like things to be sold for real money on-site due to privacy issues)
1 stub = 18C$ = 100 dA points = 1USD
I'll be putting prices in terms of C$ but if you'd rather pay with something else, I can supply the conversions for those as well.

Oekaki
-- All sketches automatically come with color and shading
- Sketch - Headshot/Bust - 5 C$ + 3C$ per additional Viscet
- Sketch - Halfbody - 9C$ + 5C$ per additional Viscet
- Sketch - Fullbody - 18C$ + 9C$ per additional Viscet
---- Background price is a flat rate per piece and doesn’t change with multiple Viscets
-- + Simple, abstract background OR partial full background - + 1/2 base price of sketch (3, 5, and 9 C$ respectively)
-- + Full detailed background - + full base price of sketch (5, 9, and 18 C$ respectively)

-- All avatars automatically come with color, shading, and a background
- Pixel avatar - Headshot/Bust/Halfbody (Standard) - 14C$
- Pixel avatar - Fullbody - 23C$
- Non-pixel avatar - Headshot/Bust/Halfbody - 18C$
- Non-pixel avatar - Fullbody - 27C$
-- + I currently do not offer GIF avatars at the moment, but I may in the future.

FireAlpaca
-- All FireAlpaca work will automatically come with higher quality coloring and shading
- Bust / headshot - 14C$ + 7C$ per additional Viscet
- Halfbody - 18C$ + 9C$ per additional Viscet
- Fullbody - 27C$ + 14C$ per additional Viscet
-- + Simple, abstract background OR partial full background - + 1/2 base price of sketch (7, 9, ad 14 C$ respectively)
-- + Full detailed background - + full base price of sketch (14, 18, and 27 C$ respectively)
---- + Size of the canvas shouldn't affect price too much unless most of it is taken up by a full background.

-- + Depending on the difficulty/complexity of the design, pose, or background I may request slightly more. I will do my best to notify you of this in advance so it’s not like a huge surprise at the end.
-- + For commissions I would like 1/2 the payment in advance and the rest upon completion.
---- + I will not post the fully uncovered and completed work until the rest of the payment is sent (this applies to art trades too).
---- + If you change your mind and cancel the commission before it is completed and you've received it, I will refund you in full.
---- + If I am unable to complete the commission or change my mind about it after accepting the down payment, I will refund you in full.

I'm sorry if you disagree from the rules I've outlined above, but they're in place to try to protect all parties involved from getting scammed.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- Trade Tracker

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Currently Accepted Trades
-- Username -- Your Viscet - App/Style preference - My progress -- My Viscet - Your progress
- Gadgetrocks -- Lapis - No preference - Not started -- Paris or Evan - Not received
- Surroundingcrystals -- Misti, Ambrose, or Comet - No preference - Not started -- Probably Tokala - Not received

Currently Accepted Commissions
-- Username -- Your Viscet - App/Style - My progress -- Payment method/Price - Down payment sent - End payment sent
- N/A

Completed Trades
-- Username - Your Viscet - Link to my side -- My Viscet - Link to your side
- N/A

Completed Commissions
-- Username - Your Viscet - Link to my side -- Payment method/Price
- ~Teya~ -- Enojado - Here [Mild blood warning] -- C$ : 30C$ + 9 WL pets
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seeking Viscet Art Trades -- possible commissions open?

Postby ~Teya~ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Heyo ^-^ I don't really have the time to do an art trade right now, but I'd love to commission you depending on your prices c: PM me maybe <3
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:56 pm

I'd like to do Paris or Even, I don't have any really good viscet examples right now, but here are some of my examples.
All my viscets are my signature.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebattleangel » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 pm

I'd love to do an art trade <3 Here are my examples and my viscets are in my signature under "viscets"
Thebattleangel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:14 pm

@~Teya~ - i'll try to get a rough draft list of prices done and then i'll pm you ^^

@Gadgetrocks - your art is super cute! i could draw Kaliyah or Lapis if you wanted. is there a certain app/style you'd like me to use?

@Surroundingcrystals - your art is adorable <3 Misti, Ambrose, and Comet all really caught my eye. is there a certain one you'd prefer me to draw? and is there a certain app/style you'd like me to use?
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:01 pm

Well, lapis doesn’t have any art yet, so some art of him would be good :) You can use any program you want.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:05 pm

alrighty. i'll read through the info you have for him to see if i can get some inspiration for what to do ^^
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me