Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby taurus ; » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:45 am

demonology wrote:
Pitbulls are very misunderstood. They are just like any other breed of dog. Have you ever heard the phrase "People are not born racist."?

Well, that applies to dogs as well. Dogs are not born aggressive. They can only be taught that aggressive behaviour whether it was through abuse or hard training, which involves beatings in fifty out of one hundred cases.

The only reasons behind an aggressive dog are past trauma and abuse. Almost the same as human behaviour. No human is born aggressive either. We all have a gentle state of mind as we are younger, but when we grow up with bullies, abusive parents, drugs and alcohol, the world is a pretty tough place.

When dogs are abused, they learn to be hostile towards anyone that even gives them a second glance. These dogs normally have to be put down if more than one incident occurs where the canine has hurt someone, whether it be a child, adult or another dog. It is not the dog's fault. It is the person that abused the dog's fault, yet who gets the penalty? The innocent dog or the guilty culprit?

This is why animal abuse needs to be stopped. There needs to be a serious penalty so people would not even think twice about hurting a defenceless animal.

Although they can not speak, they hurt just like we do...
Animal's feelings have been proven to be so much stronger and more sensitive than ours.

How about NO. My purebred pitbull(not a bully breed mutt, an actual pitbull) was raised with all the love a person can give? Does she still want to kill other dogs and all small animals? Yup. Why? Genetics.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Does anyone else absolutely adore tricolor APBT's? I love them a lot. I got into an argument today with a guy who said they don't exist, lol.

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:18 pm

maninkari wrote:Does anyone else absolutely adore tricolor APBT's? I love them a lot. I got into an argument today with a guy who said they don't exist, lol.

As long as I see a ped and make sure it’s not actually bully 😂 Just like blues
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:37 pm

halogen. wrote:
maninkari wrote:Does anyone else absolutely adore tricolor APBT's? I love them a lot. I got into an argument today with a guy who said they don't exist, lol.

As long as I see a ped and make sure it’s not actually bully 😂 Just like blues

Same, haha. The dog I posted is Sorrells Azuma, he was the most notable tricolor dog I could think of.

I actually can't think of any blue APBTs off the top of my head, can you? Seems like the ones that do exist don't get talked about much, which I get because it's not really a color you want to breed for since blue dogs are prone to skin issues.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am

Anyone on here have American Bullies? Would love to see some. I dont think ive shared a pic of Envy since I got her lol. She is over a year now, really love how she is turning out considering I never got to see her parents in person. Just got her dual registered too (after a mixup with ABKC, their fault). Still need to breed swap her to American Bully with UKC though. I wish everyone would, no need to keep them as APBT just for the PR. 🙃
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eff » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 am

Dream dogs an American Pit Bull Terrier. Shame I live in UK.
eff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am

Last edited by taurus ; on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BudgieLover5000 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:30 am

halogen. wrote:https://imgur.com/a/aEChi0w

Some pictures of Spade above. I really and truly love how she’s matured. She’s everything I ever wanted in an APBT. Drive, intelligence, eager to please, versatility, and so much more.

She’s having her first litter soon and I’m so excited! She could go into heat any day now. I’m going to keep one male puppy. And hoping that he’ll be as amazing as his mother!!

Awesome! I can't wait to see what Spade's puppies will look like, because Spade is gorgeous herself <3
What titles does Spade have btw? What are your goals for the litter? I'm curious!!
BudgieLover5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Last edited by taurus ; on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:53 am

halogen. wrote:None atm. But a few months after the litter she’s going back to her breeder’s to get titled in OB, WP, and conformation. I’m just too busy to do it now. Goals for litter is just an all around good bulldog.

She’s already proven her worth to me and her breeder as an amazing bulldog worthy of being bred. Titles don’t make the dog. Titles are just like added bragging rights tbh.

If she is a bulldog, she isn't a pit. Just saying. I can't look at the photos until later, but she likely isn't a pit if you say she is a bulldog
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups