Adopt a Newbie

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby AquilaFuga » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:07 am

And we're open for posting!

The following changes have been made to the thread:
  • Minor wording fixes/re-phrasings/etc.
  • Adopter FAQ: clarification regarding language fluency.
  • Removed option to adopt multiple newbies.
All adopters should re-read the relevant information to ensure they understand these updates where applicable.

All adopters currently on the list will soon get a PM from me. Please respond and let me know if you still want to be an adopter. If I do not hear back from you within 2 weeks (14 days) you will be removed from the list.

At the minute, I am the only thread-mod, and I think I will continue to run AAN solo for a few weeks until things settle. I expect to open applications for thread mods within the next month or so. Please do not ask to be a thread-mod in the meantime.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rotzalot » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 am

sername: Koffee
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): English only, apologies.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: N/A
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Because when I first joined.. Well, to be frank with you, I made many regrettable mistakes. No one really helped me out. For one, I broke several Oekaki rules with my rather edgy drawings, two, I didn't understand the whole 'don't bump your page until it leaves the front page' warning (I thought they meant when it left the home page, not the forum). And I was scammed like there was no tomorrow! I believe that I lost a list pet or two during my first month or two, due to users seeing a chance to trick someone. I really would like to adopt a newbie so I can keep them away from experiences I had, because these types of experiences can lead you away from CS in my opinion. Plus, it'll be fun having a new friend. (:
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Everyday. I really don't count the hours, but I suppose during the Summer I'm on for several hours (checking up on posts and trades, it's on and off). During the school year, I still come on daily, but am less active.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, it'd be an honor to help a newbie out, and show them how great CS can be. (:

- My form from Summer 2017, as I was removed from the list after taking a hiatus.
        ╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

xxxxxAny pronouns
        xxxxxNeed some help? Shoot me a PM!
        xxxxImage
        ╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯
Rotzalot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:22 am

Username: antique skes
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none, sorry!
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: n/a
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: For me, It would be quite the learning experience and I've been on the site for quite a long time; I think I'd be able to help them quite well!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Now that my semester is over, I'll be online everyday from a min of 3 hours to a max of around ... 12?
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course, if I were a newbie I wouldn't want someone helping me who was rude or disrespectful or doesn't want to help me!
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:01 am

Glad to see that the thread is still up and running :)
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leffe » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:42 am

Username: Leffe
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I know good english, but i also know greek and danish
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I Heard someone advertising it in Animal Jam
What do you like best so far?: The pets and Trading
Any questions?: how Do i make a good signature, How do I make oekaki art, How to get good pets, how do i Dress up my pets..

Leffe | He/They
Hello! I'm not that active here anymore, but feel free to interact with me on other platforms!
Leffe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Username: Burrito Bunny
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): French
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: A ton! Here's a couple recent ones Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3818547, Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3815437, Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3815179
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I love to help out. I really believe in this program and would love to help in supporting newbies as they begin their CS adventure. I've been a part of it for years and I have no regrets c:
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: 3-4 every day, on and off.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Absolutely!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Viozel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:42 am

Username: Jaysky
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: yup! Can't find all of the posts, and some were over pm, but here are a few:
link, link, link, link, link, link
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I know my way around the site pretty well and know lots of tips and tricks, I've helped people with trades, questions about the site, ect. before, and I've helped some people stop spamming up the forums with double threads and bumping too often. (Some were a while ago and I can't find the threads, sorry!)
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Usually a few hours a day every day of the week, if not more.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yup!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
    xx▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
    Hi I'm lazy and busy and
    distracted so this is all ya get
    xx▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    link link link ©
Viozel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Username:☆αℓρнαƒιяєωⓞℓƒ☆
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am fluent in Chinese, which is my first language.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Yes! I like to answer trade related questions and welcome newbies on the introductions board.
Fair trade thread [x x x x x]
"How much is this pet worth" thread [x x x x]
CS Help Forum [x]
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I would love to help and introduce someone to this site! Back when I joined in 2012, I didn't really have help and got ninaja'd. I had to figure out many things by myself and it was quite challenging. I would like to prevent this from happening to others. I've been on this site from many years so I know how things work. I've also opened my email notice for PMs, so I usually respond pretty quickly.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I always try to be on everyday as long as I'm at home. On weekdays, I get on for at least 2 hours while I get on for at least 4 hours on weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye
    General Helper

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby EchoKitten » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:38 am

Username: EchoKItten
    If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
    How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Saw it on mweor
    What do you like best so far?: The pets...
    Any questions?: I just need to know how to do stuff, and what I should do, and stuff I can do...

"I hope you're pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed — or worse, expelled. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to bed.” ― Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    EchoKitten

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:40 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
    • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM me, and I will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.

NB: Whilst I'm waiting on responses from adopters' individual PMs for the next week, those who have not yet replied will not be assigned newbies. However they will retain their place on the list until the 15th.
    x
    x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Hi! Call me Aquila.
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
    v
    x
    AquilaFuga
    Admin Assistant

My pets
    My items