Is hunting bad?/Human Diets

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Is hunting bad?/Human Diets

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 am

To continue where we left off here Forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=3820513#p118904179
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is hunting bad?/Human Diets

Postby mierose » Mon May 28, 2018 3:09 am

Here's a few interesting articles so we can look more into this.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... s-hunting/

https://freefromharm.org/common-justifi ... al-eating/

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-will-hap ... gan-127602 (one especially talks about what would happen if we stopped hunting, wildlife wise)

https://www.thoughtco.com/hunting-and-t ... ent-127856

Hope you enjoy these articles for some more information, I'm personally against hunting as a sport, but I won't argue with science/fact, though these articles may change your idea on what's fact/scientifically backed up, though maybe it won't and I'm incorrect. That's why this is a debate.

Articles I posted on the other thread, take a read c:
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:12 am

Personally I like hunting, it gets me outside and in the woods x3 I hunt with my dad every once in a while
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 am

Hunting animals as a sport goes against my morals. Like sure, if it's for necessary purposes (for example, if a family needs money and they can make it from animal materials, or if they need food) it's fine, but I don't think it's right when it's a sport. I simply don't think hunting should be considered a sport, because no one should classify killing as a sport, something for fun. I don't understand how people can say that it's fun to kill an animal.
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 am

I'm perfectly alright with hunting, just as long as you use everything possible from the animal or as a method of population control.

I absolutely hate it though when hunting is used solely for personal pleasure/trophy hunting. Why kill for example, a buck solely for its horns when there's plenty of food you're leaving behind? Heck, it's healthier then supermarket meat. You could even donate it if you didn't want to go through the hassle of it all.

Also, you're needlessly taking away a life.
Last edited by Cruxich on Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby resurrections » Mon May 28, 2018 3:20 am

great thing you make this a topic. thank you.
neurodivergent, intp/intj sx5w4, she/any. msgs open
i am barely active on this website anymore
resurrections

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Mon May 28, 2018 3:21 am

I'll echo what I said in the original topic.

I've been to Africa multiple times, and I've seen what happens when hunting isn't allowed. On the border of the two countries I was visiting, one side was lush and green with lots of wildlife.

The other side was absolutely stripped bare, there were dead and dying elephants that had starved to death. Why? Because hunting wasn't allowed. The other side had hunting in very carefully controlled amounts. Just about every penny in conservation is from hunters, and many species would be extinct without them, including a gorgeous species of Oryx called the Scimitar Horned Oryx. Cheetahs used to be allowed into the US as trophies, but now it's illegal. And guess what's happened? The cheetah has 0 value to the locals that live in the villages, so they kill the cheetahs on sight now. And don't do anything with them. That's the only reason the cheetah population has plummeted. I'm around this stuff almost everyday, so I actually have experience in what I'm talking about. I can't stress how important this is.

And yes, I do hunt. But not for pleasure. We eat everything we hunt, and it's a lot healthier for you than beef/chicken that's often times raised with antibiotics and things they would never touch in the wild.
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FANTASIIIA » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 am

I believe huting should be only allowed for population control.

That's all I gotta say.

" All it costs is your love!! "
    Welcome! I am quite friendly and I love chatting as well as meeting new friends.
    [she/he/they][INFJ][©]
FANTASIIIA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenor » Mon May 28, 2018 3:24 am

AlexLeDraggu wrote:Personally I like hunting, it gets me outside and in the woods x3 I hunt with my dad every once in a while

I do love hunting. I go hunting often with my girlfriend and it gets me outside with a motivation to do something. Its a wonderful bonding experience. However !! I do believe that you shouldn't hunt just ot kill or use it as a sport, I believe that you should use the meat in some way,, as well as the pelt / fur (:
🐀 ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 🐁
♡ rats | orange | romantic ♡
trades | giveaways | auctions | poems
mischief | mini mischief | orange hoard
my cs world record
🐭 🍊 🐭
(goose, purrah, jasmine, captain)
ImageImageImageImage
tenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hyena_TheShyVampire » Mon May 28, 2018 3:37 am

tenor wrote:
AlexLeDraggu wrote:Personally I like hunting, it gets me outside and in the woods x3 I hunt with my dad every once in a while

I do love hunting. I go hunting often with my girlfriend and it gets me outside with a motivation to do something. Its a wonderful bonding experience. However !! I do believe that you shouldn't hunt just ot kill or use it as a sport, I believe that you should use the meat in some way,, as well as the pelt / fur (:

I hunt because it's fun and a learning experience for me, and though I do use the horns as trophies I get the meat butchered at Von Hanson and make Venison Jerkey which I freeze and give to people as thanks when I don't have money for tips, like my neighborhood garbage pickup guy doesn't get tipped often so we give him Venison Jerkey stick's ^^
Hyena_TheShyVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me