cursed after her mother found she was plotting revenge on her
father for betraying her mother. she was cursed with a
serpent's body from the waist down, and could never return to
her previous form
main knowledge source
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the story is also awful i know i'm sorry ahhhh
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxShuffling her paws, she gazed into the water below her, staring into the eyes of her reflection, watching it ripple and change as the wind gently blew across the surface, disturbing the calm. This was the lagoon her mother had told her of since she was young, the place she had for so long longed to go. She shifted again, staring back at her long whiskers reflected upon the water, and the climbing tendrils of kelp rising up from the darkened sea.
xxxShe could still feel the way her mother wrapped around her at night before she told her the story, the gentle brush of her snout whenever she dipped her head to turn the page of the book, and the soothing tones of her voice as she read. She read not stories of warning to scare little kits into sleep, or legends of grand heroes to inspire, instead she read the story of a spirit in a lagoon, a myth to fill her with wonder.

xxxThere was once a time when the lagoon would always stir, and never calm, where many brave kalons went missing in the churning water when they went out to fish or hungered for a salty drink. So many had gone, that there was now a warning given to any who even looked it's way, and they feared even drawing near.

xxxOne day, a curious young boy had had enough of being told not to go, and he went down to the lagoon. He called out to ask if anyone was there, but the only response was the sound of crying. The choppy waves parted to reveal a young girl, tears falling rapidly from her eyes. "What is wrong?" He called. "I'm lonely, and I cannot leave this lake." She told him how she was bound to the water, to the very soil, and how if the lagoon ever dried she would die with it, and how she couldn't help but feel afraid to spend eternity alone in the water. He vowed to return to her, so she would not be alone, and in doing so he calmed the monstrous sea, and watched it still before his eyes.

xxxShe used to imagine what it would be like to be that girl, to stand where she now sat, to have such a loyal friend as he. She used to spend nights thinking about what they would do together as friends, the adventures they would have after the story had it's end, and sometimes she still did. It was silly, she knew. She was too old for that, too old for the stories. They were a child's tale, a world made up for children, a story to help them sleep. She was far too old for that now, wasn't she? She wished she believed the answer was yes, she wished it so, but something strong and powerful stopped it from becoming true. Her heart still loved this tale, still longed to hear her mother speak it again.
Last edited by 76heart on Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anniversary Adopt - March | Aquamarine

Postby Meduz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:27 am

username;
jellyfish.lucy
kalon name;
Mira
kalon gender;
female
myth:

[set in a police interview]
"This interview is being video and now tape recorded and is being
conducted in an interview room at Windybrook House. I am Adam,
Detective Chief Superintendent of the Police. Mira would you
introduce yourself with your name and date of birth please?"
"I'm Mira and I was born on the 19th of March 2000"

"Thank you. The time is 1:34 PM and the date is the 21st of March 2018.
Mira do you understand that you are here in relation to multiple thefts,
however your are not under arrest so you may leave at any time and are
entitled to legal representation."

"I understand."

"I have some photographs that I would like to show you. For the tape I
am showing the suspect document 100 photograph 12. Do you recognize
this item?"

"Yes, it's my mother's necklace."
"Are you aware of the approximate value of this item?"

"Not exactly, I know it was expensive as my father gave it to her as a gift."

"Thank you, I am now showing the suspect photographs 13, 14, 15 and 16
from the same document. Do you also recognise these items?"

"Yes, that belongs to my sister..."
"For the tape, the suspect is addressing the photographs in order."

"These belong to my best friends and that belongs to my brother."
"Mira you understand that all of these items have been reported stolen
in recent weeks. Did you steal these items?"

"Let me explain, I didn't mean to upset any of them. I love these people
that's why I did it. I wanted them to be safe. He will keep them safe in
exchange for these things."

"So, you stole the items and then sold them?"

"I didn't sell them! I gave them to him."
"I am taking this opportunity to remind you that you are entitled to legal
representation. Who is this person you are referring to?"

"Pontus, he lives in the sea and he takes. He takes from
everyone no one is safe from him.”

"So where are the items now?"
"They are in his palace. It is as the myths say:
Deep on the floors of the ocean lives a proud god. He is envious
of Gaia who is charged with watching over all the mortals and
their material things, so sometimes he takes. The waves lap up
against the shore and eat away at the land, stealing the land
inch by inch; men are stolen from their boats, and drown in the
depths; things are stolen from beaches, no one is safe. He can
keep you safe. If you give him what he wants before he must take
it. Give him your material things and you might hold on to your life.
So, I did what I had to, to keep them safe.”

“Mira, I’m placing you under arrest for four counts of theft.
I’m going to read you your rights and then take you to a cell”

486/500 words
Last edited by Meduz on Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vjg321 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:34 pm

username; vjg321 ||| kalon name; alden // meaning old and wise protector ||| kalon gender; male

the myth of the gaurdian

listen closely my children, for the story you are about to hear may change your life
    --- --- --- --- ---
    the lonely and isolated cave overlooking the town is said to house a man of myth, the misty guardian. he is only ever said to be seen when the mist is thicker than broth and you cannot tell who the darting figure you see before you belongs to, only able to see a fleeting silver string. the tale says that the man was born thousands of years ago, with the soul purpose of protecting the most innocent from the faces of evil. he was born with whiskers that were miles long, longer than any eye could possibly see and further than any man could walk in a week, the silver blue whiskers were often mistaken for rivers by those who knew not the man they belonged to. the tale tells that his whiskers harbor his life and his power, their length representing his task on earth. he was cursed and blessed with the task of protecting those most pure, the ones he deems as angels on earth, and it is his sole duty to guard them from any evil with his life. every time he saves a perfect soul from harm or corruption he has to sacrifice an inch of his whiskers and the tip of his whisker falls to the ground like sparkling silver, bringing a life of good luck to the person who finds it.
    so my dear children if the misty guardian deems you to be pure of heart and worthy of protection you will have nothing to fear as long as you shall live for you will have a faithful guardian to watch over you. make your choices wisely, love others, and be the best person you can be, for he is always watching. if you pass his tests you will face no fear and only live a life filled with love and happiness, darkness will never touch you and your guardian will give his life for you.
    but be warned my preciousness, he has lived a long life and his whiskers are said to now be merely feet long. once he looses his last inch of whiskers he will vanish into the mist he came from and the world's purest will be left unprotected from the evils.....unless he is able to choose the next guardian of the mist. only the purest soul on this earth could follow in his footsteps and live out a lifetime of serving and protecting earth's angels.... could the next guardian be you?

[428]
    art by SatioDragon (Schnuffel Bunny on CS)
Last edited by vjg321 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
my kalons
|| she/her || animal lover || 18+ ||
vjg321

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zuu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

username; Egg.
kalon name; Mae
kalon gender; Female
myth (max 500 words) / art;
The wind whistled through the empty plains. The only thing in sight for miles was an old fashioned cottage and cows roaming around the empty fields. It was March where all of the flowers began to blossom and trees began to grow flowers.
Mae opened the door barely latching onto the cottage as if it were going to break any time soon.
"I better find some wood to repair it."
The floor rumbles and the old door falls off and cracks on the floor.
A man riding on his horse was caught heading downtown with a sack on his back.
[i]"Excuse me!"[/i]
"Would you happen to have some wood on you?"

The man stared at her deeply into her soul and never responded.
That was the weirdest thing she will probably ever see..but
Day after day the man would come running down the hills and never respond to Mae.

Weeks later as Mae traveled down the plains searching for ways she could get to town she found a horse.
It looked exactly like the one that the man was riding on.
Weirdly enough she found that the man hasn't been showing up lately, but she could care less.
She rode her horse down to town to buy some things to survive..but oddly enough as she was traveling she spots the man watching her.
She ignores him and rides down..but somehow he keeps showing up.
Something's wrong..
"How could he manage to show up wherever I go?"
"He doesn't even have his horse"
But even weirder..its as if she isnt going anywhere.
The night strikes.
She keeps going and all of a sudden she falls into a hole really deep..she keeps falling as if it was a dark hole..theres no end to it.
Splash!
Mae strikes water.
She floats up to the surface and climbs out finding herself in a cave somewhere inside if a pond of fish.
She found crystals everywhere, but no escape.
The man appears in a corner of the cave.
He holds his hand out and a bright light appears as if the sun exploded right before her eyes.
Mae then found herself under the water with the sunlight shining through the hole.
She climbs out and realizes that she looks different
She looked into the reflection.
"I have whiskers?"

She turned to look for the man..but he was gone.
"It seems as if the more I stay outside the water..the more my skin begins to burn
She jumps into the pond hoping that one day she would turn back..but for now..she will just have to stay in.

Years later the cave becomes a site for exploration.
Mae shows up occasionally and becomes known as..
The Green Catfish.

[452/500]
Last edited by Zuu on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mercury. » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY...

ImagexxxImage

username: { mercury. } -- kalon name: { amadahy } -- kalon gender: { female }

OF A FARAWAY LAND...

part 3 coming soon
Last edited by mercury. on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
mercury.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 am

username; iBrevity
kalon name; Belisama
kalon gender; male
myth;
Belisama is eleven years old when the Stormrider lands on his beach.

It is the dead of night, with even the stars smudged by the coastal storm that threatens a hurricane, and Belisama is standing alone in the dark. He is watching the ocean with captivated eyes, watching the movement of her, watching the shifting of colors and foam and deep black depths. He sees Solomon's ship only belatedly, as taken in as he is by the sea itself, and he scrutinizes the ship with disbelief as she looms. Who would be so foolish as to pilot such a fine ship in a storm like this? Who could possibly want to land now, when the storm clings to their stretch of sand, when the water is as unpredictable here in the shallows as it is in the deep?

Belisama retreats to the threadbare shelter of a collapsing house, standing in the shadow it throws that flickers this way and that with the storm's lightning. He watches the ship cleave a furrow into his beach with little fanfare at all, and spies a mess of men leap recklessly from the railings to the water below. They crest the island as one, trading conversation that the high wind snatches from Belisama's ears; but there is one that stands apart, that laughs as the men crowd around him and then sheds his hood. His hair catches a heartbeat of lightning, turning such an unnatural silver that it leaves splotches behind Belisama's eyelids and he realizes suddenly who this is, this sterling-haired man with the ghost ship and the confidence to siege a city in the middle of a monsoon.

"Stormrider," he whispers, for all the children who have been raised on this coast know the pirate's name. His parents warn often of him; tell Belisama to always remain indoors when the weather loses her temper like this, urges him to promise that he will never approach a strange ship that lands in the night. Belisama feels a curdling of guilt, for he should not be out here at all--but it is far too late to do anything now, and anyway Belisama has never heard great things of Stormrider's mercy.

He hides where he can while the pirates ransack the empty houses, lugging things back to their ship that Belisama recognizes from his neighbours, his grandparents. Stormrider sees him when he is scrutinizing the gleam of a candlestick; and their eyes meet, briefly, pirate captain and peasant boy, and Belisama thinks he is going to die.

Stormrider smiles, inexplicably. He tips his head to Belisama as if saying hello, so his hair catches the ashes of a lightning strike and shines silver. Muted by the storm, he turns wordlessly away, and gestures for his men to board their ship. Belisama watches gobsmacked as the man he thought legend takes the helm of his ship and turns her from their beach, watches the storm swallow the ship in a blink.
[497/500]
Last edited by iBrevity on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seijuu » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 am

username; seijuu
kalon name;
kalon gender;
seijuu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:15 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
username;
dimi.

kalon name;
periwinkle

kalon gender;
female, she pronouns.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

res with crocs in sewers
I have quit this game as of September 15th, 2022 and will only be around on December 18th for pets to sell.

Please contact me on Flightrising should I have any adoptables floating around you would like to purchase for C$ should a species TOS allow it. You may message here, but chances are I won't see it for a while.
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:28 am

username; plus ultra

kalon name; Parova

kalon gender; female

myth;
“Come my child, sit, and I will tell you a story.”
Once long ago, before the beginning of the world we know, people were divided into three groups. Those who lived on the ground, those who swam in water, and those who flew through the skies. They had never met, and each remained hidden when other tribes were about. The ground people hid beneath the trees when sky people passed, and water people stayed far from shore when ground people went to fish. None knew why they went to such lengths to stay separate, but none questioned the elder’s teachings. But one young boy of the ground tribe was curious about other peoples. When they hid from the sky people beneath the trees, he always tried to look up and see them through the leaves. The adults of the tribe scolded him, but he did it anyway. No matter what they told him, he never understood why the tribes had to be separated. One day he was out foraging, one of the few times he was alone, and he came upon something in the woods. A sky tribe child, about his own age, sitting beneath a tree. To his knowledge, this had never happened before. A sky person, on the ground? Something was wrong. Despite preaching separation, the elders had also taught that you should never leave someone in need. So he approached the sky-dweller, carefully. The child was small, with huge wings that matched their coat, a very light brown. The child watched, eyes wide, but didn’t move.
“Hello.” Said the boy. “My name is Apotek. Are you lost?” The child nodded, and partly extended one of the wings to reveal a spot where blood darkened the feathers. Apotek understood. “You're hurt!” He exclaimed, practically leaping to the child’s side. Gently, he bound the injury, adding to the wrappings an herb to help the cuts close. Once done, he sat down next to the child. It was quiet for a moment, then suddenly, they spoke.
“I am grateful, Apotek. As the third son of Cloud-Swirl clan, I vow this deed will not be forgotten.” His voice was quiet and melodic, but the words were the same as those of Apotek’s tribe. Perhaps they were not that different after all? The sky boy stood slowly, then spread his wings and with a smile and wave to Apotek, he took off into the sky he had come from.

Within a few days, an envoy of the sky tribe arrived in Apotek’s village, seeking to break the tradition of inter-tribe isolation. It took many days for the elders to agree, and longer still for the sky tribe to begin visiting, bringing wares from their lands to trade. No one was more pleased to see this change than Apotek. Soon, they extended a hand to the water tribe, who were more than happy to stop hiding from the others. And that is how the peoples of the world learned to live in harmony.
Last edited by Brainiac5 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me