Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby Shinryu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 am

LizzytheWolf wrote:There are absolutely no items that fit these lions. Why?
idk if this is the right thread...I posted here once before but now i can't find it.

Making items fit a lot of different pet linearts is a lot of work, because it means that for every lineart, the item has to be redrawn completely - so just making one item fit ten different species would mean that this item has to be drawn ten times, maybe even more if we include variations like floppy ears or bobtails on dogs, for example.
    There aren't a whole lot of items that fit lions, and since these particular lions are massively edited from the standard lineart, even those items don't tend to fit them.
    It would be a lot of work with little payoff to adjust items to fit one-off lineart edits like these which are highly unlikely to ever be used again. You'd be redrawing an item to fit only 4 specific lions, which is more work than it's considered to be worth.

Store pets and other special pets do tend to have this problem in general - it's the cost that comes with having such extraordinary edits^^

SnowFlake-Storm wrote:hey, how come there's a "delete pet" option? i feel like the rarities can change drastically over that. for example, i know a lot of people deleted their grapes & bananas when they first came out ;o;

The option to delete pets is mostly a remnant from times when we didn't actually have adoption limits.
    Back in the early days of CS we could adopt as many of a pet as we wished, so sometimes people would rather delete them than to try to give them away or just having them sit around.
    Tess isn't so sure if it's still a good option to have, either :'D

Dabanana wrote:Hi! Why are the griffons (store pets) all rare instead of very rare?

Store pets sometimes start out as rare if they have been bought often enough. Some of the store pets were just so hugely popular and well-liked that a lot of people decided to buy them, and a lot of people bought extra sets to trade away since they anticipated that the litter may be sought after in the future.
    The griffon lions are just one more case like that.
    It has happened several times before already - for example with the dragon cats from 2014 (minus the PPS), the PPS cheetah from 2016, or the raven dog from 2010.
    Store pets aren't guaranteed to start off as very rare, and the more popular they are, the less rare they tend to be, because there are no restrictions on how many of them can be bought.^^

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilpineapples » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:48 am

To: CS artists
Have you ever looked at what your litters look like when you invert the colours?
I recently remembered that you can invert the display on a mac by pressing:
"control (⌃) + option (⌥) + command (⌘) + 8". I started looking through the archives and while some pets looked incredible strange, others were so beautiful! for example:
Last edited by Seasonal on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited CS pets removed
evilpineapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm

sarahbara wrote:To: CS artists
Have you ever looked at what your litters look like when you invert the colours?
"control (⌃) + option (⌥) + command (⌘) + 8". I started looking through the archives and while some pets looked incredible strange, others were so beautiful! for example:

those are neat :D
When I was struggling with color designs I used to sometimes invert my drawings and keep the inverted version if I liked it more than the original. I can't remember if I ever colored any CS pets or items that way, but it's possible. :lol: Also guilty of randomly adjusting the hue/saturation settings and changing whatever I'd just colored from blue to red or something like that. Sometimes my first color choices aren't the best.

↟The Sound Of Drums↟ wrote:
    To Tess;

How long are you planning to keep CS running/how long do you hope it will last? 10 years is quite a long time already!

Anything is possible :D I used to think 1 year was incredible. I laughed when people asked me if I thought CS would still be around for its 10th birthday.

Look at this post from me in 2010:

"I predict that in 10 years this will all be completely irrelevant cause entertainment and technology will have progressed so far that no-one would ever dream of playing on a website that offers non-interactive 2D pets"
CS was just about to celebrate its 2nd birthday when I said that. And here we all still are... with our non-interactive 2D pets

It's lucky I don't have a day job as a psychic :lol:
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evilpineapples » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:46 am

Tess wrote:

When I was struggling with color designs I used to sometimes invert my drawings and keep the inverted version if I liked it more than the original. I can't remember if I ever colored any CS pets or items that way, but it's possible. :lol: Also guilty of randomly adjusting the hue/saturation settings and changing whatever I'd just colored from blue to red or something like that. Sometimes my first color choices aren't the best.

-snip-

After I found out this funky trick i went looking for pets that, well, actually still looked like pets after being inverted and I noticed that your set of grinners are very interesting! The blue grinner inverted looks like the red grinner, whereas the red grinner looks like the blue grinner inverted, same as the purple and green grinners! I find it really neat because its like a hidden design feature (intentional or not).
evilpineapples

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 am

sarahbara wrote:
Tess wrote:

-snip-

After I found out this funky trick i went looking for pets that, well, actually still looked like pets after being inverted and I noticed that your set of grinners are very interesting! The blue grinner inverted looks like the red grinner, whereas the red grinner looks like the blue grinner inverted, same as the purple and green grinners! I find it really neat because its like a hidden design feature (intentional or not).

Oh yeah you're right, the grinners are definitely like this, I remember being surprised not many people noticed it when they were new :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~randomidiot~ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

To anyone: has anybody thrown off your groove?

IT’S ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─
call me kota! - trade me! - i love itto <33
─ ─ ─
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ © ─ ─
ONI, COMIN' THROUGH! ████
─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─

~randomidiot~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 am

To any admin I guess: Have you ever received an angry message/email from the parent/guardian of a child you banned for some reason or another?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:26 pm

to anyone:
do you ever get annoyed when you make a pet and then don't get it? so you have to go through the battle that is trading to get the pet you made in the first place?
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bunsbii » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:50 pm

To anyone:
What is a warning level? What is its significance and why did I get one for including my age in my sig? I don't consider that something to get a warning over...?
I think it's not too personal and even if it is, why a warning is added onto my account confuses me.
bunsbii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maxx_A_Mouse » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:30 pm

To Tess

(About the ur pickle) Were the pickles pickled by you or did you buy them already pickled? Or have they been cucumbers this whole time?
--.---
'.___~__.'__~__.'__~__.'__~__.'___~__.'__~__.'__~__.'__~__.'___~__.'__~__.'__~__.'
-
-
---𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓬𝓾𝓮𝓭 𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓘 𝓫𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓿𝓮

----------- ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *.
--------.-- texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext. ----Credit ❤
------.---- I'm lonely love me ----------------->:^0
--------.-- texttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttexttext .
----------- ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *.

𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭
-
-
-
-
ImageImageImage
Maxx_A_Mouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes