* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:20 pm

@citrusbee naww, that sounds pretty cute :D

Welcome, @tabby24247! C:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:10 am

citrusbee wrote:
    Hello guys!
    I'm new here, I'm citrus and I recently have adopted four little ducklings at a farm who will possibly be arriving on monday!! But decided to post today since they'll be arriving soon!!
    They are named:
    Grimes
    Ink
    Sunflower { sunny/sun for short }
    & Yoshi.
    The moment they arrive, I will be sure to put up many cool and cute adventures for them!

Ooh I want ducks. I have a bunch of chickens though. Cant say I have heard of the one breed but Orpingtons are a good heritage duck breed. I love runner ducks myself.
Last edited by Mothmanofficial on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔══════════════════════════════╗
Ace | He/him| INFP | Avatar FAQ | Carrd
╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
My head is filled with bees and all of
them are playing the trombone feature
from Phantom Regiment's 2023 show
|Thanks for coming to my TED talk|

╚═════════════════════════╝

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 am

I am getting rid of my zebras. I have seperated them several times (7 to be exact) given them veggies, nesting material and given them a 30x18x18 cage and the hen still plucks. I think I will try to get some java finches but if I cannot find those I will get two male budgies. So, how should I do a sales pitch for a plucking hen without going right out and saying she is? My plan was to sell her and put in the sales ad that I was keeping the male, pray that they did not see the bald back, and then sell the male and say that his mate plucked so I sold her and now he is lonely. And thoughts on iavas and budgies?

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mothmanofficial » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:25 am

EmeraldBirb wrote:
frostykitty wrote:long time no post, sorry, haven't been on much, but there's a problem with one of my budgies

Quibly has been rubbing his head and nose on perches a lot over the past week and sneezing a bit more than usual, but I didn't think anything of it. However this morning he had water-like nasal discharge when he sneezed, and a fair amount of it. I couldn't tell if it was from one or both nostrils, but the right one was running for a bit after he sneezed... I have made a vet appointment for Saturday, but I only have one cage and 2 birds. Juno hasn't shown any symptoms yet, but anything I do to try and separate them doesn't work, they cling to the celling of the cage or fly to one another. It really makes me upset to have to separate them, but don't want them both to be sick! I don't know what I'd do without either of them!
How should I care for Quibly in the mean time, and how can I separate them in a way they won't be upset?

I am not an expert, but I'd say to just keep Quibly happy and maybe look online for a way to de-congest a bird? If the room is super dry maybe find a way to bump up the humidity? I really don't know... Definitely keep an eye on both of them.

However, for the separation thing, the only way they wouldn't get upset is if you still kept them really close to each other.

I have no idea if the sickness is contagious or anything still. Make sure to take both birds to the vet just in case the second one is sick too. Honestly though I don't have much experience with sick birds, but I hope something out of this email might help.

I really hope that the vet can help you and that your birds stay in good health!

I would say get that other bird out, however at this point he probably has what Quibbly does. Bird diseases spread quickly. Take both to the vet, like emeraldbirb said. Watch both of them very closely. Birds often hide their symptoms until the symptoms are very far along ana they cant anymore. In the wild predators pick off the weakest first, so sick prey tries to look healthy. Watch if he is not drinking a lot, or drinking way too much, and watch his eating. Watch their droppings, and make sure to look up any symptoms you see.

Mothmanofficial

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:30 am

tabby24247 wrote:May I join?

Username: tabby24247
How many birds do you own?: Just one Quaker parrot called Windsor, Planning on getting a second for my sister.
How long have you had them?: I got him yesterday!
What brings you to the bird chat?: I really love birds and I'd like to interact with others of my type
I don't have any pictures of him on my laptop yet.

Ayeee, another Quaker owner :D welcome!

I think Zazu has started imitating my dogs. Every time someone unfamiliar to him comes in the house, he screams (or "barks") until I get him to calm down. It's Bizzarre lol
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 pm

Hey, would there be much size-difference between six-month-old and four-month-old male budgies? They're full-blooded brothers. I'm having a lot of trouble telling my bird apart from his brother, who needs to be sold, and it's killing me inside D:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puppiiteef » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:51 am

Username: frenchee;x
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): A Green Cheek Conure~ (Used to own 6 budgies)
How long have you had them?: 4/5 months
What brings you to the bird chat?: I wish to talk to other bird owners! I am on other bird-sites. Yet, everyone seems to be older than I.
RELEASE ENERGY !!!!!!!!!

[★★★★]
it/they/he | autistic adult | pretty timid and awkward sorry ;;
puppiiteef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zaz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am

hey guys!

I don’t come on CS a lot as of recently, but I figured this would be the best place to ask!

It’s almost a year since my last bird Sparky passed away, and I have the choice between getting a female green rumped parrotlet or a male latino cockatiel. Before I make my choice, I was wondering are any of you here parrotlet owners? My heart is kind of telling me to go with the parrotlet, but I’m not sure.
    I’ve done a lot of research on both birds and they both suit my lifestyle well. It just comes down to personality for me.
    What do you guys think?
zaz ♦ she/they ♦ <3

buttermilks
ImageImageImage
zaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quisvy » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

Hello! I’m not a member of this forum but I just have a question

Three days ago I adopted a 3 possibly 4 month old cockatiel. Since the first day we brought him home he’s been swinging his head backwards frequently. I don’t know if this is a nervous habit or not and I was wondering if anyone could help?
pee
quisvy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby puppiiteef » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 am

quisvy ! wrote:Hello! I’m not a member of this forum but I just have a question

Three days ago I adopted a 3 possibly 4 month old cockatiel. Since the first day we brought him home he’s been swinging his head backwards frequently. I don’t know if this is a nervous habit or not and I was wondering if anyone could help?

Is it like- Head-banging? Or the whole body swaying with them?

Edit: been searching the web- it could be he's asking for attention ??
RELEASE ENERGY !!!!!!!!!

[★★★★]
it/they/he | autistic adult | pretty timid and awkward sorry ;;
puppiiteef

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me