Species Info

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Species Info

Postby 2FrostyPaws » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Species info
This is the species info for the Pixel Pups thread! This place contains all of the current PPs that have been found. Click the pup to be taken to the adoption center!

Rarities: Very Common|Common|Uncommon|Rare|Very Rare|Limited|Event
Very rares are pups with 1 rare trait and at least 1 uncommon traits (or a PP with a VR trait). Super rare puppies are pups with at least 2 rare traits and any number of uncommon traits.

Go to the end of the species lore to see mutations!
Very Common wrote:Basic Pixel PupImage
Non-Rarity wrote:Marked Pixel Pup (Ex.)Image

Common wrote:Stub tailedImageManedImageWingedImageFawna/Fox tailedImageAngel WingedImageCurl TailedImageSleek TailedImageFluff PupImage
SeapupImage

Uncommon wrote:TaillessImageDemon WingedImageHornedImageImage
Lion ManedImageToothedImageBat EaredImage

Rare wrote:Cock earedImageHalf Cock earedImageFloppy earedImage
Double TailedImageALT. Double TailedImageTriple TailedImage
UnicornImageSaber toothedImage

Very Rare wrote:PPS PuppyImage

Limited wrote:FlameyImageSleek Furred MipImage Long Furred MipImage

Event wrote:BlobImageButterflyImagePoodle (Moth)Image S. ButterflyImage
TimestoppedImageGhostImageWerewolfImageReindeer(Caribou)Image
EggImageMeadowImageEastern DragonImageWestern DragonImage
Basic CloudyImagePuppy CloudyImageKitty CloudyImage
Last edited by 2FrostyPaws on Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:34 am, edited 43 times in total.
2FrostyPaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Species Info and Lore

Postby 2FrostyPaws » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:39 pm

Species Lore wrote:
The most common species found in the Pixel Pup universe! They are usually kept as pets, but are occasionally found to be used in farming, hunting, etc. They are very affectionate and gentle which makes them the perfect pet for children! Some may be artificially made to create pups specified to a person's wants.

Basic Pixel Pup
Very Common
Basic pups are the most commonly found pup. They're very tame and are usually seen around zones which are known for high human population. They are the first pup to be found, and the first to be owned too. Since they are very common, people usually own many of them and may use them in everyday jobs. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Marked Pixel Pup (Ex.)
Non-Rarity
Marked Pixel Pups are basically Pixel Pups with markings on their tail, no matter the species. They used to be rare, but have become more common nowadays. Despite their growing population, they are still not common, but scientists cannot determine their definite rarity. The markings on the tails are always unique, though some do look like each other. No one knows how Pixel Pups with markings came to be. Regardless of that fact, scientists are still able to create pups with markings on their tails. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Stub Tailed Pixel Pup
Common
One day a traveler came to a scientist's lab. They left a large box, with holes punched in. They rang the doorbell and left, disappearing as quickly as they came. They were only a speck on the horizon as the scientist went to the door. The scientist was confused, as she had not bought anything. She brought the box into the house and opened it, and she gasped in surprise. In it were a pair of sleeping female and male Stub-tailed pups! Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Maned Pixel Pup
Common
These fluffy pups are an invasive species from an icy land far away from the center of the Pixel Pup universe. A few of these Pixel Pups have actually been sighted in the Himalayas, proving they can stand in even the worst winters! They grew thick fur collars to deal with the bitter cold, before being illegally brought over on a boat. These PPs can't stand being in the heat too long, and can over heat very quickly! Their thick manes have to be brushed at least once a week to avoid matting. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written by: Appledayz

Winged Pixel Pup
Common
These Pixel Pups have somehow mutated to acquire wings! Their wings float up and down around their bodies. Most of them don't seem to be able to fly though... Some pups who have used their wings vigorously since birth can glide, and hover 1 inch above the ground for 2-5 seconds. Such pups are quite rare finds though, as most pups deem no use for their wings. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Angel Winged Pixel Pup
Common
Angel Winged PPs have mutated further from the Winged PPs to have better wings! The broad, feathered wings of these PPs allow them to fly as long as the PP isn't tired. They were found high up in the mountains, swooping through the clouds. They have been known to help stranded hikers in the mountains, guiding them towards safety and civilization. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Curl Tailed Pixel Pup
Common
This PP loves snuggles and lazing around. They get bored easily when they're in the mood to play though, so you'd need numerous toys to keep their attention off of bugging you. Left alone, they can be heard whining and barking. They seem to be particularly interested in browsing the internet (with help of course!) Something about those dog memes are just so appealing. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Sleek Tailed Pixel Pup
Common
They remind me greatly of cats for some reason... Mainly being, the fact they act like cats! These PPs would rather be alone, then interact with other PPs. They dislike being dressed up, and if you slip on some socks, it'll render them to be still for as long as they are on. They love hiding, and if you ever find them to be gone, look in your boxes. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Fox Tailed (Fawna) Pixel Pup
Common
Many people have been reporting sightings of Fox tailed Pixel Pups. Our explorers have decided to set out to catch one to examine. They have found that Fox taileds' diet consists of native berries and fish. They are great at swimming and tend to live in treetops. The non-domesticated ones blend very well into their surroundings. You'd have to know what you're looking for to find one. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Fluff Pup
Common
This short pup emits a very sweet scent from their fur, and are often found in the Frosted Isles. Their thick yet soft fur greatly protect them from the biting cold, and other small animals tend to find refuge near them. In the summer, they shed some of their coat, but retain their fluffy appearance. It's easy enough to find them; just follow the sweet scent on the wind. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Line art by: saishu

Seapup
Common
Commonly has hair
As three explorers were sailing out in the seven seas, they didn't know there was something swimming beneath them. They heard nothing as they lounged around, eating fried fish. A creature suddenly shot out of the water right onto the deck! It ran right to the sailors and snatched the fish in their hands. The explorers soon found that the pup had a tail. They thought Seapups were but a myth! Shocked, they called the scientists to tell them that another species of Pixel Pups were just discovered. Their large, awkward tails hinder their walking ability, sometimes causing them to stumble or trip. In the water, they are as graceful as ever, coming up every hour or so for a breath of air. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written by: yato god;

Tailless Pixel Pup
Uncommon
The only difference from normal PPs this one has-- is the fact that they have no tails! This seems to be a strange mutation that occurred from the fact that their tails were not needed for warmth or for balance. This is likely due to the fact that they first originated from a litter of two PPs, that had a really long ancestry of domesticated PPs that were raised in warm areas, and were quite pampered. They have spread a bit akin to wildfire, due to their easy care, and adorableness! Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Demon Winged Pixel Pup
Uncommon
What a strange PP! This seems to be a line, mutated off of the winged PPs. Like them, it doesn't seem to be able to fly well, though it definitely can hover higher, and at best, fly a few inches. This is due to it's larger, somewhat strong wings. They are found near any active volcanos and love to sleep on anything warm they can get their paws on. They came from the Melted Volcanoes, but have spread due to warming temperatures around the continent. Most seem to have a fiery personality, but will not harm you as long as you don't harm it. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Horned Pixel Pup
Uncommon
Although these pups look like one of the most dangerous and deadly of all pups, they are in fact one of the most friendliest around. Their horns may appear lethal but they are in fact made out of a soft velvety type of matierial. Horned Pixel Pups mostly use their horns as a status symbol or just for show. Horned Pixel Pups don't have much use for their horns for battle and would rather not damage them for they only grow a handful of times during the Horned Pixels pups life. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written by: Morgana.

Lion Maned Pixel Pup
Uncommon
You enter the library, hoping to find something to aid your research. As you look through the biology section, you find a dusty book entitled 'A Case Study on a Southern Species of Lion (And Other Stories)'. You open it at its first page and read that it's a journal written by William Lionmane, a lion researcher (funny the coincidence of his name and his interest match, huh?). Curious what this man about 'other stories', you decide to sit down and flip through some pages.
William wrote:Day 1.
Good day, dear journal!
I am William Lionmane, a researcher working on the study of a new species of lion found in the south. I'm currently in my room on a deluxe ship, on my way to the island where my studies would take place. I have with me my young assistant, Connie (she could be a bit clumsy, but I found her passion for animals to be commendable), and my two dogs, Max and Ginger (lovely dogs who love to wag their tails, may I add!) I know it's far fetched bringing dogs on this journey, but I believe they'll be a great asset once I start looking for lions. Dogs are such great sniffers.
...Ah, there goes the bell, it must be supper time. I have to feed the dogs, and I must wake up Connie, as she's a very heavy sleeper. 'Til next time!

William wrote:Day 25.
Hello, journal!
After getting myself comfortable around the island asking people information about the new species of lion, I decided to take my dogs out for a walk around the forest, which was where locals say hid the new species of lion. Max hadn't been particularly sniffing anything related to my research, but I believe Ginger's on to something. Earlier she had found shed lion hair scattered in one area, and she's probably adjusted herself to the scent of lions by now, which should be very useful. Hopefully the two of them get acquainted with searching for this species of lion. It just makes it easier to find the lions and observe from up close!
Well, that's all for today. I should help Connie prepare dinner.

William wrote:Day 59.
My, Ginger is such a cooperative dog! She can follow the scent of lions very well, I've taken multiple samples of lion footprints and other things the lions may have interacted with. I've furthered my studies by Ginger's findings, which makes me glad. Sometimes, I'd like to think Ginger is a long-lost part of these pack of lions because of how well-adjusted she seems to be with finding them. Max, on the other hand... well, he's a slow learner, but Ginger is guiding him. She just tends to leave him sometimes when Ginger starts to get riled up. Ah, dogs. Max will learn soon too, and he'll have his shining moment, albeit being outshone by Ginger now.
Oh dear, Connie's asking for a statistical analysis of today's findings. I'll cut this short; until next time!

William wrote:Day 97.
Would you like the good news, or the bad news first? I know plenty tell the bad news first, but chronologically, the good news did happen first, so I'll mention that first.
Today, with the help of Ginger, I finally set up cameras around the forest in order to capture footage of the lions and observe them even during nighttime. Huge accomplishment, and I believe I've set them in places they frequently flock to!
As for the bad news... basically, I lost Ginger. Ah, that was so hard to write down. What happened earlier was that, while crouching and setting up the cameras, I had Ginger's leash on my right wrist while she was sniffing the forest floor. Eventually, I think she caught a scent of the lions, and she got so riled up that she started running and her leash pulled my hand, which caught me by surprise. Before I could regain my composure, the leash slipped from my wrist and she sprinted like a bullet! Ginger ran away as fast as she could before I even stood up, and when I did, she was already out of my sight.
Oh my goodness gracious. What am I going to do without her?

The journal continues with figures, drawings, and statistics about the species of lion studied, but you've got yourself hooked up with the story about Ginger that you skip all of these. Finally, you find another journal entry unrelated to the main research.
William wrote:Day 136.
Oh,  journal. Sometimes I hate thinking about Ginger, and instead of writing about what I researched today, I'll just say that today was just one of those days that reminded me of her. It's hard catching her on camera as she knows where I placed them (she was with me when I was setting them up, after all), but today I believe I saw a portion of her foot in the footage. I quickly took Max with me to the forest and let him sniff it out, and I thought he had a lead on Ginger but he'd only been finding trails of lions. Not that that's wholly bad! I'm glad Max is getting used to finding lions, but I suppose he hasn't very much adjusted to Ginger's scent. Consider the fact, too, that the forest is really huge and Ginger is just one dog compared to the numerous lions scattered about leaving trails.
Connie, with her messed hair and coffee breath, told me that sometimes animals just like being in the wild more than being domesticated. I just nodded along; I didn't want her to feel as bad as I do.
I wasn't able to bring home Ginger, but I was able to bring home samples of lion droppings. I'll sample them now, so as to take my mind off of her.

A chunk of journal entries about the research continue. It takes you very long before you settle with one journal entry that sounded a bit odd.
William wrote:Day 370.
I just saw the craziest thing today.
While watching footage of today's camera takings, I noticed a really small figure tread along the forest floor. It seemed incapable of walking as it stumbled many times across the view of the camera. It didn't seem like it was a baby lion of sorts, as its stature was relatively smaller to what I've seen so far with most of the lion cubs of the species, its actions weren't much feline-like, and its tail was fluffy and wagging (some aspects I don't believe a feline has or does). I decided to go to the forest with Max, however we couldn't find whatever that entity was. It wasn't normal, that's for sure. Probably a terrible mutation? Connie thinks so; I have yet to draw conclusions, though.

William wrote:Day 394.
I cannot contain my happiness anymore; today I shall celebrate! Why, you ask, journal? Let me start from early this morning.
For weeks I had not seen the mutation I wrote about before, but when I woke up today to watch the footage from last night, I saw it once more, but this time more pronounced. I was sure it was not a lion cub, for it ran without a feline's grace, but with assertiveness like an alpha dog of sorts. I had to know what it was, I believe it would crucial to my research if I had found a mutation among the species of lion I was researching. Scientific breakthrough, I should say!
I brought Max and Connie along to the forest, as I needed all hands on deck if I wanted to look for it. I had Connie by binoculars and Max  sniffing. Though I'll confess I wasn't very confident that Max would be able to trace the trail of the said lion mutation, today he started dragging me around as I was holding his leash. I had no idea where he was taking me at first, but at one point he ran so fast that I gripped his leash, and he took me to a clearing in the forest, a place I had not seen yet (which shocked me, considering I thought I knew the forest from the back of my hand by now, but I suppose the forest if a very, very vast place). My eyes immediately widened to the sight, and I could not contain myself.
In the area was only one lion, a male. Beside him was, oh my goodness, Ginger! Ginger had, all this time, been living with the pack of lions when she ran away from me, and I'm surprised the pack accepted her and she seemed unharmed. To complete the picture, there was a cub running around the two, and I'll say that this was the mutation the camera footage caught this morning. Up close, it was a very unusual mutation: a male puppy, except with thick mane around its head and neck. It seemed more dog-like than lion-like, as it wagged it tail while encircling his mother and father. It seemed to be really ecstatic around them.
Of course, I had not contemplated long enough for me to be spotted by the trio. Ginger turned to the male lion and barked at him once. I have no idea what she meant, of course, but the lion sat there for a moment before he left, probably to look for his pack. The puppy-cub (I'll say that for now) did not follow suit and instead tagged along behind his mother as Ginger came close to me and just sat down in front of me, whimpering as if she'd been sorry she left me. I'm glad I brought Ginger's leash along; like old times, I wrapped the leash around her neck and brought her and Max home, and the little lion-cub obediently followed his mother.
I'm now back in my room as I write this with my two dogs and one little puppy with the Lion Mane trait. What was he, exactly? A hybrid between a lion and a dog? It is an odd one, yes, but I'm glad to have him on board with the rest of my dogs. I have yet to observe this dog though, but for today too much has happened. I'm not even to question the choices of Ginger and why she left and eventually came back, it hurts my head so. I'm just glad she's back. And hey, Max got his shining moment today as if weren't for him, Ginger wouldn't be found!
Well, I think I shall leave. The little puppy-cub just growled; I believe he's hungry. With this new addition to the family, I need to take extra care of him as I observe him. For now, I can say that, one, it's extremely cute and furry, and two, its tails wags so much, I get confused following its tail sometimes. I promise to take care of him, though. Shall I give it to a new owner? We'll see.
Ah, the miracles of life.
Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written by: f1lowercrown

Toothed Pixel Pup
Uncommon
Explorers first found them in the forest playing with a squirrel and noticed something glistening. It turned out to be their tooth! They have 1 overgrown tooth from the top of their jaws. Scientists believe they have mutated an overgrown tooth to scare predators away, but most people disagree. The reason being, they look even cuter with it! It doesn't seem to hinder their ability to eat and they seem to take pride in it. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Bat Eared Pixel Pup
Uncommon
These pups were found out in the Arid Borderlands right when it turned night. They're pretty scrawny but swift enough to catch up to any of their prey. They live in packs and are adapted to higher heat but prefer to roam in cool temperatures. They see better in the night, but their large ears greatly help them to hear any sound. When the sun starts to rise, they retreat to their dens they dug underground. Their burrows are very large and expansive but are really only suitable for sleeping in. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Cock eared Pixel Pup
Rare
These Pixel Pups have a slight bend in their ears. This makes them look forever curious, and are sometimes dubbed the most curious Pixel Pups to ever grace the Earth. Yeah, dramatic I know. Their ears are also smaller than a normal Pixel Pup's which causes degraded hearing. Not much though, so they can hear your squeal of delight as you happen upon them! Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Half Cock eared Pixel Pup
Rare
These half cocked pups love playing hide and seek. They are often found in the mountains but are said to have been seen in forests. While they're easier to find in the mountains, they're still very rare to see. They love to play with humans, but nothing beats the tranquility of their natural habitat. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Floppy eared Pixel Pup
Rare
Floppy-eared pixels pups are rumored to come from the same area as the Maned PPs. Scientists think their ears are flopped over to prevent cold air from blowing inside their ears and give them frostbite. They look similar to cock-eared pixel pups, but they are indeed different. They have dense, thick fur, developed from the cold. Despite that, if you adopt one, be aware that they tend to hug you because they like the warmth of us humans. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written by: mochi.

Double Tailed/ALT. Double Tailed/Triple Tailed Pixel Pup
Rare
When exploring on the beach, the explorers suddenly saw two tails sticking out of a bush. They walked up to the bush, to try to coax the pups out. They succeeded, but found a bigger surprise then that! They found that those two tails belong to one dog! Their two tails are very flamboyant, and because of that owners love using them in shows. ALT.s and the normal double tailed pixel pups are one and the same. Triple tailed PPs are a rarer variant of them. They aren't like the pack of butterfly PPs, being the same species, they just have different ways of showing their tail traits. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Unicorn Pixel Pup
Rare
Explorers where flying in hot air balloons one day, but they saw a strange pointed object sticking out of a cloud! They neared the cloud, and suddenly a horned pup jumped out! It ran away, but eventually, the explorers got it to jump into the hot air balloon. They brought it back to the lab, and the scientists soon found out its horn is made out of hardened cloud fluff! No one knows how they're able to walk on clouds or how they get back up, but they don't question it when it happens. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events.

Saber toothed Pixel Pup
Rare
These PPs were thought to be a long-extinct species, but scientists were walking around the Arid Borderlands and found a pack of them just living there! Their teeth are quite sharp, and they always stick out, even if their mouth is closed. They tend to rub their fangs on something they really like, and if it happens with you, be happy! It's a sign that the Saber-toothed values your presence. Try not to push it away even if it's a bit uncomfortable because that's a sign of unreciprocated feelings. Found: litters, hunting, shop, events. Written By: sinnamon roll

PPS(Peter Pan Syndrome) Puppy
Naturally occuring ones are Very Rare
An owner had bred their Pixel Pups 5 days ago, and she noticed something strange. Puppies usually grow up in 3 days, but all this puppies siblings have grown up already. This pup was the only one still as small as ever. News of this puppy quickly grew, and demand was high. Scientists got a DNA sample from this pup, in an attempt to create a potion to revert a Pixel Pup back to it's puppy ages. They can have any traits present in PPs, but I'm too lazy to post their images. Found: breeding, ageless potion, shop, events

Flamey Pixel Pup
Limited
An elusive scientist had requested something that generated enormous heat to be made. It was nearing winter, and they were going to a log cabin in a week or so. The scientist was talking about something like a lamp, but rather than potentially lighting everything in smokes, it should simply warm the cabin. What they got was a flame tailed PP. Flamies are very dangerous to be around, as while they take care to not set things on fire, their tails emit a warmth that could cook a steak in 20 seconds. This was very foolish of the scientists, as this does not prevent things from being up in flames. Some people disregard the heat and treat them the same as a normal PP. In 2016 there was a total of 6 fire breakouts due to Flamies. This caused Flamies to be illegal to own without proper training. Some people are licensed by the NAU and are able to own some after they are trained. They are infertile due to their anatomy. Found: license ticket, events

Sleek Furred Mip/Long Furred Mip
Limited
There are two species of Mips; sleek furred and long furred. You have a 50% chance of getting either of them, and it's a randomly generated chance! If you want to know even more about Mips, why not check out the Mip Compendium? Full of useless fun facts about Mips! Found: Mip's Item Exchange

Blob
Event
They 1 hit KO everything. They think they are chickens and like to eat worms. Some of them don't think that, but you can't trust anyone. Explorers found a diary near the first Blob they found. "Entry 1: I almost got eaten by one today. Entry 2: I'm inside the Blob." Blobs don't like to breed so they can't.
As of 2017, they've been seen hoarding gray/grey things. They also helped paint rainbow icky stuff graey. As of 2019, some explorers and scientists find Blobs in appreciation of a good Totoro hair experiment. Found: The Chicken Revolution/Totoro Appreciation Month/Salon Time/April Fool's

Butterfly/Poodle Moth/S. Butterfly Pixel Pup
Event
Whenever it's winter in the Frosted Isles, the Butterfly PPs want to migrate here for the warm summer. They seem to be intent on flying to the Color Forest, to rest there and have their pups. The Color Forest is named that due to the huge swarms of colorful Butterfly PPs that arrive there yearly. It’s also quite peaceful, as the NAU keep it as a tourist site, with tour guides that urge people to be silent. These PPs are very wild spirited, so before coming with you, they want to be friends first! Their favorite food seems to be nectar, though they are fine with anything sweet! At birth, they grow with normal wings, but once they hit their teen years, their wings stretch and change. Poodle Moths are a form of the butterfly PPs, but they appear able to withstand colder temperatures and so have a later migration duration than their other counterparts. Some can even withstand the cold and don't find a need to migrate. S. Butterflies are known to be much quicker and stronger than both the common form and Poodle Moth. Researchers think they are a sort of mutation off of the butterfly PP and so are quite rare. Found: Summer events. Poodle Moth line art by: saishu

Timestopped Pixel Pup
Event
The sound of a loud bark erupted over the trees. The first had been discovered.
A small pup sat, twitching in the grass. A clock was around it's neck. The pup that had found it was barking at it, willing it to move, to breath. It couldn't.~*~Some time long ago, experiments were being created in labs on the Pups. Could they be made? What kinds of limits did their genetics have? A breakthrough was found. Manipulation of a gene let more freedom into the appearance of the pups. At first, it was called Design. Though, once the pups had grown with the missing gene... It was named Rage. The pups went on wild rampages, their domestic nature lost. They escaped their cages, biting though steel just to fight their capturers. Many died that day. There was only one thing left to do. They grabbed clocks, some scientists have made in the lab, and put them around the enraged pups' necks, and it worked. They grabbed their weapons, but found they couldn't look past their beauty to end their lives. They released the stopped pups into the wild. Found: ??? (these PPs sport the original lineart with a permanent glitch in their system) Written By: nubbyshouts

Ghost Pixel Pup
Event
The first appeared in the garden of an old house one October night, whining and searching for an owner that had been killed in an incident centuries ago. The next emerged a few days later from an abandoned yard, passing through the metal chain some cruel person had attached it to and left. A third, mere hours after the last, rose up from the middle of a road. Scientists were bewildered by the appearance of these ghostly pups, and though there weren't that many, the few that existed were rounded up and captured for examination. Other pups were called on to help and to see if communication could be established. After a few days, there was a breakthrough. It seemed that these pups still had unfinished business in the living world, and after a decade in the otherworldly void of Limbo, they'd finally broken back through. Some returned to find loved ones, only to find their graves or their descendants to greet them. Others came for more murderous reasons, seeking revenge for the cruelties that had been dealt to them in their previous lives. And some... well, they just weren't ready to go yet, and so these spirits sought out homes and new families to love. Perhaps, if you are lucky, you might be able to bring one of these pups home and give them the happy life they deserve... Found: Halloween events Written By: Ninjagerbil

Werewolf Pup
Event
These Pixel Pups come out very late in October. In 2016 trick or treaters heard howling deep in the distance. It was otherworldly, not anything like a normal Pixel Pup. The people stopped hearing howling but followed where they last heard it anyway. They reached a grove in the forest and shone their flashlights on dark grooves in the dirt. A very large pawprint! With a Google, they determined it was not anything discovered in the PP world. Excited, they quickened their pace and followed the tracks. They soon stopped, though, as they saw a creature growling at nothing, shifting back into a Pixel Pup. The explorers stared in disbelief as it ran up to them and licked their faces happily. With it following them, they took it back to the lab where scientists determined it turned into a larger, more feral wolf when exposed to a full moon. When they turn back, their silky, fluffy hair stayed, along with overgrown canines. Another thing that discerns them from normal PPs is the fact that they're much harder to train than their long domesticated siblings. They're not breedable as well, as they're a sort of hybrid species. Found: Halloween events

Reindeer(Caribou) Pixel Pup
Event
Found in the Frosted Isles, they seldom travel to warmer areas unless provoked by lack of food. They also migrate to milder climates whenever it's their mating season. Domesticated Reindeer PPs are known to not have specific mating schedules and shed their fur continuously. These PPs grow their antlers at varied ages in their life though they're highly thought to be able to have their antlers since birth. They evolved to have a soft velvety nose that helps warm the air before inhaling. Found: Christmas events

Meadow Pixel Pup
Event
Welcome, one and all, to the grand library of everything! *clears throat* Yes, I do need to work on the title.
So, are you here to learn? Oh, you want to know about a specific subject? Pixel Pups? Yes, that is quite popular these days. Meadows? My, my, you are quite the audacious one. Hmm. Alright, right this way. Meadows have a very interesting backstory, you see.
Ah, the joy of summer. Usually, people assume that flowers bloom in spring, but they can also bloom in the summer. A flower blooming seems like a simple thing. Not to Meadows, however.
You see, Meadows came from flowers. Yes, literally. You can see from this page. Yes, yes, I know it's ripped, a young child committed the crime. Hurry up and read it!
Page 32 wrote:
Meadows originally came from flowers. There are many types of flowers in the world, but that's the interesting part! Meadows can have traits depending on the flower they came from. For instance, let's say a Meadow came from a rose. Roses are beautiful, though they have thorns, so the Meadow Pixel Pup may have thorns on its tail or it may actually have roses as ears!

Yes, yes, hurry along now. You don't want to be here reading this when there is a lot more to say on the matter!
Meadows are extremely hard to find, so if you do find one, consider yourself lucky! If one chooses you to be his or her owner, go buy yourself a cake or throw a fiesta. I'm not joking, I'm serious! Some Meadows may be picky about their owners since they love hanging around flowers so much. If you're not fond of flowers or don't have any, these PPs may not stick around for long. They're satisfied with weed flowers though, so don't be too worried.
I suppose the basics have been laid out for you. Do you have any questions?
Why do they come from a flower? Well, that is the question that many people have been asking as well. Scientists are trying to figure out the answer, but there is no success so far.
May I ask why did you want to know about Meadows? A Pixel Pup Summer Event, you say? And... did you say there are Meadows there? Found: Summer events Written by: holmes221B

Event
Our explorers have found 3 strange eggs, they have a very Pixel Pup like tail sticking out of the back of the egg, and that tail wags just like crazy. The explorers brought the eggs back to the lab for scientists to study. The scientists found a Pixel Pup like shape inside of the egg, and find that the egg is capable of hatching! No one knows if they were invented, or bred, neither do we know if they can breed... Found: Easter events

Egg stage wrote:Image
The egg has a tail sticking through the egg that
wags 24/7. The egg occasionally twitches, as if
something is trying to break out. The egg can
have a wide variety of colors and patterns,
though they seem to be themed on Easter.
Pup stage wrote:Image
About 5 days later the egg has hatched, and the top shell
has disappeared! The pup within the shell is capable of
getting out, but seems to prefer to stay within the shell.
Our scientists examined the pup, but the egg pup does
not seem to have any differences from normal pups.

Mutations are basically traits a puppy has the potential to be born with. There are potions that mutate your pup, but these are most commonly gotten through breeding. Note: These are the chances a bred PP has a chance to be born with if a frost crystal or harp leaf is NOT used.
Heterochromia
Rare 5/70
Ohh look at those eyes!
Puppies born with this usually have 2 different eye colors, that are usually some type of colors of their parents.

Snowed
Rare 3/70
Aww, is that pup covered in snow? Wait...
Puppies born with this mutation look like they are covered by snow! The specks are usually shades of blue, white, green, or off-white. If they aren't one of these shades, they are NOT "snowed".

Leucistic
Very rare 1/70
This puppy blends exactly in with the snow!
Albino animals have red eyes, while leucistic ones don't! Leucism and Albinism are easily mistaken for each other. PPs with leucism will have pinkish fur on their paws and inner ear. The skin around their eyes and their noses are pink as well!

Melanistic
Very rare .5/70
You can barely see it in the dark! Actually you can't even see it at all.
These PPs have extremely dark fur, and their eyes seem to be dark brown, almost black.

Chimera(Mosaicism)
Very rare .5/70
Those patches add character!
PPs with Chimera exhibit pitch black patches! They'll have their normal coat colors, but have black patches obstructing it. Pups can have 3 visually different types of Chimera.

These are not exactly Pixel Pups, but live in the same world as them! Nothing wrong with calling them something like Cloudy PP though. As far as our researchers and explorers have found, they all seem to be seasonally found.

Candy
Event
The image above is an artist's rendition of the elusive species. They're said to resemble the edible, sugary treats of the same name. These can't be eaten, though they do smell yummy. Most of them have faces. Found: Halloween events

Eastern Dragon/Western Dragon
These rare creatures have been found flying over some mountains, before touching down on the land. The Eastern dragons were very friendly, nuzzling, and cuddling the people who stood in awe! They seem to thrive on human care so PP trainers tamed the first three found, and adopted them out. Further exploration revealed these beasts occupy many of the world's lands containing mountains and volcanoes, only ever venturing out if the mountain erupted. A few years later after the initial discovery of Eastern dragons, Western dragons were found out and about! Explorers were checking up on the Eastern dragon populations in the area, only to find an entirely new species of dragons. Perhaps they were hibernating within the volcanoes and were only found recently due to the Melted Volcanoes cooling down... Due to the vast differences between the two, scientists believe they cannot be crossbred. Found: Chinese New Years event, Summer event

Event
One day a Pixel Pup was playing around in a scientist's lab and knocked over some chemicals! They leaked into a drain, and from there into the wild. The chemical then evaporated into the sky into what is known as a Cloudy! A strange phenomenon causes some Cloudies to have cat, or dog like traits. Cloudies are unable to be bred, and are therefore rare! They can only be made. Despite being artificial in a sense, their genes can not be manipulated to exhibit a coat one desires.
Basic Cloudy
Basic cloudies are the base species of cloudies. Many of them are mischievous, and love to rain over unsuspecting people, and to see what happens after. They are incapable of making any noise, even if they are producing lightning. If the cloudy is low enough to touch, it feels just like cotton candy!

Puppy Cloudy
Puppy cloudies are a subspecies of Basic cloudies! They love to stay low to the ground for people to pet them, and somehow they are able to roll over. They do this for a rub on the belly or two, or just to show off their tricks! They can be heard barking, but usually they just stay silent. Puppy Cloudies can feel as fluffy as a Pixel Pup or a bit ruff(get it? ;D;).

Kitty Cloudy
This is the last, but not the least subspecies of Cloudies! They are occasionally heard purring, and those purrs are frequently mistaken for thunder. They are also capable of meowing but don't usually voice themselves. They love to stay hidden in the lifeless clouds in the sky. If you somehow gain contact with a Kitty Cloudy, you will be glad you did. They are as fluffy as the fluffiest cotton in the world, but Kitty Cloudies usually don't let people pet them.
2FrostyPaws

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me