*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby gallifrey falls. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:38 pm

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
gallifrey falls. wrote:
    Hi! I know the placement of the Peach is being discussed right now, so should we wait to suggest adding certain pets to the list until after that's done?

The peach is the main discussion

Buuuut..

It mainly depends on what pets you're asking to be put on the list.

If you're referring to the new urs then yes, you should wait as those will be discussed at a later date (they're usually discussed in the august after its release date or later right?)

If you're referring to a random rare (like the shima lt) then it will never be added to the list as it's simply not rare enough (this also includes vr's like the July lioness and august pps, two other pets in which that're simply not rare enough to be list pets)

If you're referring to store pets like the Cheshire Cat, then they'll probably be added eventually as store pets are never ever re released though, like the rares/very rares I've mentioned above, they're simply just not rare enough to be placed on the list as of right now though give it a couple of years and you might end up seeing a couple more old store pets as low advent lists

So which was it you wanted to discuss? Or did you have something other in mind?

No problem, I know about those pets not getting added ever/yet, none of those are what I wanted to discuss.
    I wanted to suggest added the 2011 very rare Tess dragon, the St. Patrick's Day one. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it super hard to find, and when I do find it people either want overpay because they had to overpay to get it or they just don't want to trade it. Which has been frustrating so far since it's the last St. Patty's Day pet I need to complete that collection haha
    But I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this pet and whether they agree or disagree! I can hunt through my trades if necessary to provide evidence of it being hard to trade for?
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:20 pm

gallifrey falls. wrote:
TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
gallifrey falls. wrote:
    Hi! I know the placement of the Peach is being discussed right now, so should we wait to suggest adding certain pets to the list until after that's done?

The peach is the main discussion

Buuuut..

It mainly depends on what pets you're asking to be put on the list.

If you're referring to the new urs then yes, you should wait as those will be discussed at a later date (they're usually discussed in the august after its release date or later right?)

If you're referring to a random rare (like the shima lt) then it will never be added to the list as it's simply not rare enough (this also includes vr's like the July lioness and august pps, two other pets in which that're simply not rare enough to be list pets)

If you're referring to store pets like the Cheshire Cat, then they'll probably be added eventually as store pets are never ever re released though, like the rares/very rares I've mentioned above, they're simply just not rare enough to be placed on the list as of right now though give it a couple of years and you might end up seeing a couple more old store pets as low advent lists

So which was it you wanted to discuss? Or did you have something other in mind?

No problem, I know about those pets not getting added ever/yet, none of those are what I wanted to discuss.
    I wanted to suggest added the 2011 very rare Tess dragon, the St. Patrick's Day one. I don't know about anyone else, but I find it super hard to find, and when I do find it people either want overpay because they had to overpay to get it or they just don't want to trade it. Which has been frustrating so far since it's the last St. Patty's Day pet I need to complete that collection haha
    But I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this pet and whether they agree or disagree! I can hunt through my trades if necessary to provide evidence of it being hard to trade for?

If I'm not mistaken that's the dark green tess dragon right? I think I heard somewhere that the main reason as to why they're so hard to find is because a user decided to herd a load of them. Can't remember if its this pet that was hoarded massively or it was a different pet though. I think it's the one you're talking about (am I right or wrong? Not sure..)

As for its actual rarity? I'm unsure and another user will probably have to confirm that for you
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Don't mid me much, but I'm wondering what the status of the List Reform is?

Demand is crazy out of whack, even if I don't trade anymore just taking a peak into fair trade threads and worth threads things are falling apart with the store pets- specifically things like Raven and Cerbs.

There was a lot of talk of reforming the list, and I get that placing the UR Peach is priority right now but I'm still curious on how the other issues are being handled. CS trade economy is falling apart, List Wise.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm

About the tess dragon, someone did once have a large hoard of them making them difficult to find, trade for, etc. this is what led the dragon to be put on the list some years ago.
    The user who was hoarding them later broke up their hoard making them easier to tradebfor, and everyone realize that they weren’t as rare as everyone thought. It was then removed from the list.
    My guess, though I’m not positive, is that it still isn’t rare enough to be on the list.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erythro » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 pm

I'm going to agree about the Tess Dragon. It is definitely really close to bottom tier but not quite there.
Here's what I paid for mine 4/4/17.

Another VR that has been on my mind is the May Lioness.
Has there been any recent trades showing how much people have paid for theirs?

With the lot of pets that need to be discussed/rediscussed, is it possible to put a "to-do" list on the front
page of what we plan on discussing? It may reduce the number of users asking about a certain pet being added.
Erythro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iconerfatty » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:53 pm

Crestalia wrote:
I'm going to agree about the Tess Dragon. It is definitely really close to bottom tier but not quite there.
Here's what I paid for mine 4/4/17.

Another VR that has been on my mind is the May Lioness.
Has there been any recent trades showing how much people have paid for theirs?

With the lot of pets that need to be discussed/rediscussed, is it possible to put a "to-do" list on the front
page of what we plan on discussing? It may reduce the number of users asking about a certain pet being added.

Speaking of the March lioness, I hunk the august pps and July lioness can go for more.. sorry if I'm wrong.
There may be a player that we don't know about that is hoarding many valuable pets so people may think that the oet is very valuable.
x
┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┒

She/Her ║ March 10
Hi there! I'm iconerfatty and you can call me
Icon or Iconer for short. I make a lot of silly
typos so I'm sorry if my message doesn't
really make sense. I collect CS bunnies and
I'm 33 away till I have all of them! I live in
Canada C: I'm also quite fluent in Chinese.
©

┖━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┚
x

iconerfatty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Sinbreaker wrote:-snip-

Demand is crazy out of whack, even if I don't trade anymore just taking a peak into fair trade threads and worth threads things are falling apart with the store pets- specifically things like Raven and Cerbs.

There was a lot of talk of reforming the list, and I get that placing the UR Peach is priority right now but I'm still curious on how the other issues are being handled. CS trade economy is falling apart, List Wise.

This. This is a big issue right now. Demand is insane, you have pets like the orange cerb going for outrageous prices and if you don't have high demand list pets (more specifically store list pets) it's becoming damn near impossible to trade. I've noticed a huge up-swing in people looking to trade pets from the list off the list also, that isn't very important but I've seen it quite a lot recently. People seem more interested in trading with pets that don't involve the list right now from most things I see.

I've also noticed the trade economy declining in huge amounts, even with the 18th. Normally this time of year is quite good for trading with more users engaged after the 18th, looking to trade for pets they want/need for their collections. (or whatever else they want them for.) The thing is, though, this decline in list trades (or so it seems, I suppose) has been happening for a while. I thought by now things would be a little better off, but just looking at trade forums, it's kind of, well, dead. List trades are becoming insanely hard to complete, and as I mentioned above, unless you have high demand pets you can nearly forget trading lists. Demand right now is just overthrowing everything known, I was very nervous on a rarity only list but think it's getting to the point where if something isn't done soon, list trading will get worse. The list is just not doing well right now and people are taking things like store pets and saying "Well, I can trade x store pet for your zebra!" type of stuff when realistically, the store (I'm talking about lists, just to remind you) pets are not worth the zebra, non, or whatever else. The only reason I personally ever trade "above list value" for store pets is because if I want a store pet on the list I am given no other choice. Sure, I can wait months and years for someone who doesn't trade by demand to trade with me but the likelihood is so low that it isn't worth waiting. Most people don't have the patience to get a completely fair trade for their UR flower pot, or UR apple, for example. At this point I've just traded for pets and said, "Well, if this pace of raising demand keeps up, might as well get it now."

I hope something is done soon, I'm tired of this ridiculous demand that is completely taking just overpay and creating a whole new animal with it. And I did see something here about "It takes one person to raise demand just by their words", and I can't agree more. I've completely stopped using the FTT unless the trade is not list related because the thread is so run by demand that it isn't worth trying to ask for a legitimate answer. I just ask people I know are knowledgeable in list trades at this point since your average CS user is usually not entirely knowing of pet worth and more concerned about demand. (And I'm not saying this is everyone, and I'm also not saying these people know better, because some simply don't. They just read "Joker = 2 nons demand wise" in someones trading thread, therefore they now will think that's the value even though it isn't. So, when people mentioned this I believe earlier in the thread, there ya go. Solid example.)
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leru » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 pm

I really hope the rarity only list is still in the works, if not I'm sure other people will rise up to help create it.
    The fact that I traded a Joker for a Coontail and a TD BA for a non is just ridiculous. I get the whole store pets thing, with them being limited in numbers, but a Raven for a non+ is ... yeah.
x
will be gone from the 14th - 23rd of feb
zonkey hoarder | characters | trade thread
leru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 pm

R e d p a n d a wrote:
Sinbreaker wrote:-snip-

This. This is a big issue right now. Demand is insane, you have pets like the orange cerb going for outrageous prices and if you don't have high demand list pets (more specifically store list pets) it's becoming damn near impossible to trade. I've noticed a huge up-swing in people looking to trade pets from the list off the list also, that isn't very important but I've seen it quite a lot recently. People seem more interested in trading with pets that don't involve the list right now from most things I see.

I've also noticed the trade economy declining in huge amounts, even with the 18th. Normally this time of year is quite good for trading with more users engaged after the 18th, looking to trade for pets they want/need for their collections. (or whatever else they want them for.) The thing is, though, this decline in list trades (or so it seems, I suppose) has been happening for a while. I thought by now things would be a little better off, but just looking at trade forums, it's kind of, well, dead. List trades are becoming insanely hard to complete, and as I mentioned above, unless you have high demand pets you can nearly forget trading lists. Demand right now is just overthrowing everything known, I was very nervous on a rarity only list but think it's getting to the point where if something isn't done soon, list trading will get worse. The list is just not doing well right now and people are taking things like store pets and saying "Well, I can trade x store pet for your zebra!" type of stuff when realistically, the store (I'm talking about lists, just to remind you) pets are not worth the zebra, non, or whatever else. The only reason I personally ever trade "above list value" for store pets is because if I want a store pet on the list I am given no other choice. Sure, I can wait months and years for someone who doesn't trade by demand to trade with me but the likelihood is so low that it isn't worth waiting. Most people don't have the patience to get a completely fair trade for their UR flower pot, or UR apple, for example. At this point I've just traded for pets and said, "Well, if this pace of raising demand keeps up, might as well get it now."

I hope something is done soon, I'm tired of this ridiculous demand that is completely taking just overpay and creating a whole new animal with it. And I did see something here about "It takes one person to raise demand just by their words", and I can't agree more. I've completely stopped using the FTT unless the trade is not list related because the thread is so run by demand that it isn't worth trying to ask for a legitimate answer. I just ask people I know are knowledgeable in list trades at this point since your average CS user is usually not entirely knowing of pet worth and more concerned about demand. (And I'm not saying this is everyone, and I'm also not saying these people know better, because some simply don't. They just read "Joker = 2 nons demand wise" in someones trading thread, therefore they now will think that's the value even though it isn't. So, when people mentioned this I believe earlier in the thread, there ya go. Solid example.)

Couldn't agree more. The word of ONE person sets the mindset for everyone. While I do agree that the Store pets (Raven, cerb, etc.) go for crazy amounts, there are only a limited amount of them. They're never coming back to stores or 18. Though it does make me worried for the future.

trade center
♡ says "dude" too much
♡ DC - Clayflower
♡ M • 2/13/2022
Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinbreaker » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 pm

But it's not just the store pets who are being affected.

I saw a post on tumblr the other day that said something along the lines of "A Non-Dog isn't even worth a Non" And its sad because it's true. List trading is falling apart because of demand, but not just because of the store pets. The other list pets who have earned their placement are being deemed "unpopular" and therefore "not worth much". I'm not talking about Grinners, Pink Septembers, Green Toxic or fruit. Things that have had struggling demand for years. I'm talking about the dogs on the seventh tier, the 09 UR dog, the Non Dogs, the Sorbets. The things that have had stable demand for such a long time but now are only stepping stones for fodder in getting the store pets and high demand list.

It's falling apart and a reform needs to come quickly or else the economy- no the game is going to fall apart. The Rare's List needs update more than it needs add ons and additions. It needs to address these concerns quickly before all the older players either side with "not worth fixing, I got my collection" and "might as well quit."

We can't leave CS in this state for the newbies that are flooding in. It won't be fun for them, CS won't be fun for anyone. Everyone should have the chance to reach their dream pet without having to give up their entire collection for one animal.
XXXXXWe are all just stories in the end,
XXXXXXXSo make it a good one

X X FlightRising XPM Help
╔════════════════╗
Human, I wonder why
You're a better make then I
Could ever build or create.
You know of Love, I of Hate.
©

╚════════════════╝

A special thanks to my good friend DredgeTH and Sevil-S for drawing one of my characters each, who you will see rotate in and out of my signature.
Sinbreaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me