*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - UR peach discussion, come help!

Postby Mina Ashido » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 am

If it helps any I've seen the Peach UR get traded for the cookie Aussie
Mina Ashido

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 am

LittleEcho wrote:If it helps any I've seen the Peach UR get traded for the cookie Aussie

I've seen quite a few things get swapped for that. I traded one for the UR Fox. Alas the Cookie dog isn't the best liked from what I've seen? Hence why I think we've seen a few straight swaps for it for the peach. I'm not quite sure why, it's just something I've noticed said a lot and could be an instance of spread around "bad" demand?
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
LittleEcho wrote:If it helps any I've seen the Peach UR get traded for the cookie Aussie

I've seen quite a few things get swapped for that. I traded one for the UR Fox. Alas the Cookie dog isn't the best liked from what I've seen? Hence why I think we've seen a few straight swaps for it for the peach. I'm not quite sure why, it's just something I've noticed said a lot and could be an instance of spread around "bad" demand?

Yeah, I feel like people with ur aussies dislike them and so are willing to accept above gap underpay for them. I mean, whatever quickly rids you of a pet you don't like, am I right?

Where does "low demand" even start for some pets? Is it the colours? The design? The concept it's self? Some times I just don't get it and feel that just because some people have labelled a pet "low demand" other people who didn't originally think the pet was bad begin to think it's bad..
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 am

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
ElementalInsanity wrote:

Yeah, I feel like people with ur aussies dislike them and so are willing to accept above gap underpay for them. I mean, whatever quickly rids you of a pet you don't like, am I right?

Where does "low demand" even start for some pets? Is it the colours? The design? The concept it's self? Some times I just don't get it and feel that just because some people have labelled a pet "low demand" other people who didn't originally think the pet was bad begin to think it's bad..

I agree with you on that, it seems the people who hate fruit or certain pets are the ones who push the “bad demand” label on things they don’t like so other people begin to follow it just cause someone said it.
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 am

@ all above - Word of mouth is very dangerous with demand, it only takes one person to tell someone else that a pet has bad demand and that's it, the pet is either doomed to get worse and worse, or it might be corrected early on. For example, I was once told that my dog tag was worth 2 nons (it's worth 3, which I hadn't realised at the time) and so I traded it for 2 nons, to this day I still think it's worth 2 nons where I know it's worth 3. It's like that with demand, you only have to hear it once and it sticks. u_u

EDIT: To keep on topic.. I agree with placing the peach on the UR Holly tier, it's not too high and not too low. If people don't want to trade that much for it, then that's their decision, we all know and have evidence that it's worth that much and that's what counts.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:19 am

myth + destiny wrote:@ all above - Word of mouth is very dangerous with demand, it only takes one person to tell someone else that a pet has bad demand and that's it, the pet is either doomed to get worse and worse, or it might be corrected early on. For example, I was once told that my dog tag was worth 2 nons (it's worth 3, which I hadn't realised at the time) and so I traded it for 2 nons, to this day I still think it's worth 2 nons where I know it's worth 3. It's like that with demand, you only have to hear it once and it sticks. u_u

EDIT: To keep on topic.. I agree with placing the peach on the UR Holly tier, it's not too high and not too low. If people don't want to trade that much for it, then that's their decision, we all know and have evidence that it's worth that much and that's what counts.

I agree with you , I have enough proof that it is still worth a Non, and that’s what I will always value it at.

:)
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm

Today Jan 09 2017 : I Traded my Peach for a Sorbet + Flower Pot ( Worth 2.5 Sorbets ) . So that’s for 3.5 Sorbets worth which is roughly little over a non or worth one non. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... MYfAz6HlZg
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 pm

mikasi-nightwolf wrote:Today Jan 09 2017 : I Traded my Peach for a Sorbet + Flower Pot ( Worth 2.5 Sorbets ) . So that’s for 3.5 Sorbets worth which is roughly little over a non or worth one non. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... MYfAz6HlZg

You might struggle getting the 2.5 sorbets worth for the flower however

Not to say that it's not worth that much, it is, though some people have just been spreading round that it's only worth 1 sorbet.. (so in your trader's eyes, they could've thought they were trading 2 sorbets worth for the peach. All depends on perception)

I got my flower from someone who only wanted 1 sorbet for it (though I didn't have a sorbet so I traded a blue toxic instead):

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 2V6N5GkTTA

And that was at 2017-11-11

-

Also,another thing. Why are people now valuing the red cerb at 1-3 nons worth? Heck, when I had one back in 2014, the best I could get was an extremely low mainlist.. (as well as people offering 1 batdog or 1 raven dog but I just presumed they had similar demand to the cerb at the time)

Granted I later got this offer in 2016-03-07(and no, I'm not offering this trade up to the peach discussion as the cerb's worth is hard to gauge demandwise, though rarity wise this would've been unfair to the peach):

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... aXTd2LDl6w

Granted I kinda had a mini break throughout most of 2015 so I don't know what the cerb was going for during that time though hey, when I got offered a peach for it, my first thought was "well, this is a lot more than everything else I've been offered in the past. Maybe I should accept it"

Which now just makes me wonder why people are now saying the cerb is currently going for 1-3 nons in 2018?
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikasi-nightwolf » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 pm

TheLittleBlackCat wrote:
mikasi-nightwolf wrote:Today Jan 09 2017 : I Traded my Peach for a Sorbet + Flower Pot ( Worth 2.5 Sorbets ) . So that’s for 3.5 Sorbets worth which is roughly little over a non or worth one non. http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... MYfAz6HlZg

Not to say that it's not worth that much, it is, though some people have just been spreading round that it's only worth 1 sorbet.. (so in your trader's eyes, they could've thought they were trading 2 sorbets worth for the peach. All depends on perception)

I got my flower from someone who only wanted 1 sorbet for it (though I didn't have a sorbet so I traded a blue toxic instead):

-

Also,another thing. Why are people now valuing the red cerb at 1-3 nons worth? Heck, when I had one back in 2014, the best I could get was an extremely low mainlist.. (as well as people offering 1 batdog or 1 raven dog but I just presumed they had similar demand to the cerb at the time)

Granted I later got this offer in 2016-03-07(and no, I'm not offering this trade up to the peach discussion as the cerb's worth is hard to gauge demandwise, though rarity wise this would've been unfair to the peach):

Granted I kinda had a mini break throughout most of 2015 so I don't know what the cerb was going for during that time though hey, when I got offered a peach for it, my first thought was "well, this is a lot more than everything else I've been offered in the past. Maybe I should accept it"

Which now just makes me wonder why people are now saying the cerb is currently going for 1-3 nons in 2018?

So far everyone iv asked do value it at 2.5 Sorbets. :/ Just gotta be pateint to who wants to give me that, or a non for the flower and the sorbet. I beleive in value more then demand cause their was alot of demand talk here, and from now on i go by worth not demand. Others can do what they please, and so can i lol . I beleive in being fair not asking crazy amount for pets you know?
mikasi-nightwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLittleBlackCat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:01 pm

mikasi-nightwolf wrote:
TheLittleBlackCat wrote:

-

So far everyone iv asked do value it at 2.5 Sorbets. :/ Just gotta be pateint to who wants to give me that, or a non for the flower and the sorbet. I beleive in value more then demand cause their was alot of demand talk here, and from now on i go by worth not demand. Others can do what they please, and so can i lol . I beleive in being fair not asking crazy amount for pets you know?

True true, I wasn't saying you couldn't get 2.5 sorbets worth for the flower, I was just saying you might struggle

Sometimes I just don't get the demand with fruit and some more disliked mini-pets.. they're adorable.. it's just a pitty some look like they're rotting and people value them to be so low..
TheLittleBlackCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me