♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ♥Crushes, Boyfriends, and Girlfriends | V6♥

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:21 am

Can I have some advice? My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now but my mother still really dislikes him. He is religious and so is his family. My family is atheist but I love to listen to my boyfriend teach me a bit about the bible and I try to respect their family beliefs in every way I can. My mother on the other hand straight up thinks he and his family are stupid and she doesn't respect my boyfriend and especially doesn't respect his mother for two reasons. 1) she is heavily religious and 2) she doesn't earn a lot or work unlike my parents who both have well paying jobs. My boyfriends family aren't financially stable and my mother blames my boyfriends mother for that saying "she wouldn't have money troubles if she just didn't get married so early to an idiot then got left by him!" And I just can't stand to be put between that. I've voiced my opinion to my mother and she doesn't listen. Now at this point my boyfriend is scared of my family. What do I do?
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ventru » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:26 am

TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:Can I have some advice? My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now but my mother still really dislikes him. He is religious and so is his family. My family is atheist but I love to listen to my boyfriend teach me a bit about the bible and I try to respect their family beliefs in every way I can. My mother on the other hand straight up thinks he and his family are stupid and she doesn't respect my boyfriend and especially doesn't respect his mother for two reasons. 1) she is heavily religious and 2) she doesn't earn a lot or work unlike my parents who both have well paying jobs. My boyfriends family aren't financially stable and my mother blames my boyfriends mother for that saying "she wouldn't have money troubles if she just didn't get married so early to an idiot then got left by him!" And I just can't stand to be put between that. I've voiced my opinion to my mother and she doesn't listen. Now at this point my boyfriend is scared of my family. What do I do?

This is a really difficult situation to be in! If your mum is not willing to listen to you, is she willing to talk with your boyfriends parents? Or dad, since she doesn't like his mother? If not, there's not really much you can do. It might be best to keep them seperate, even though it's not the ideal solution, it might be the best you can do for now..
Be sure to stand up for your boyfriend if your mother disrespects him, though! Call her out, so he feels you have his back.
Engel wrote:
You put the smoothie in cs lol

Feel free to pm me if you want to talk about anything. c:
Ventru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:28 am

Rivs wrote:
TomBoyCOOLCH13 wrote:Can I have some advice? My boyfriend and I have been together for 10 months now but my mother still really dislikes him. He is religious and so is his family. My family is atheist but I love to listen to my boyfriend teach me a bit about the bible and I try to respect their family beliefs in every way I can. My mother on the other hand straight up thinks he and his family are stupid and she doesn't respect my boyfriend and especially doesn't respect his mother for two reasons. 1) she is heavily religious and 2) she doesn't earn a lot or work unlike my parents who both have well paying jobs. My boyfriends family aren't financially stable and my mother blames my boyfriends mother for that saying "she wouldn't have money troubles if she just didn't get married so early to an idiot then got left by him!" And I just can't stand to be put between that. I've voiced my opinion to my mother and she doesn't listen. Now at this point my boyfriend is scared of my family. What do I do?

This is a really difficult situation to be in! If your mum is not willing to listen to you, is she willing to talk with your boyfriends parents? Or dad, since she doesn't like his mother? If not, there's not really much you can do. It might be best to keep them seperate, even though it's not the ideal solution, it might be the best you can do for now..
Be sure to stand up for your boyfriend if your mother disrespects him, though! Call her out, so he feels you have his back.

Yes I always stand up for him and his family. Indeed I try to keep them separated but soon it will be very hard to avoid. By next year my boyfriend and I will be looking at apartments together
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 am

All you can do is continue to support your bf and continue to call out your mom when she insults or demeans them. If your boyfriend doesn't want to see them, then honestly, that's his choice. Just keep talking to your mom and try to get her to see that she's being rude to them so that she can apologize and maybe repair relations.
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:22 pm

Thank you
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:23 pm

help? My boyfriend gives me serious anxiety.

for the first time in a long time, I have a great relationship. But my boyfriend gives me mad anxiety i stg. So there was this guy I caught hard feelings for, and none of my previous relationships lasted because I was so hung up over this one guy I kept chasing and couldn't get over. He treated me like dirt but I couldn't get rid of those feelings, I thought that maybe one day he'd change. He never did.

My best friend told me that one of my good friends liked me. I was shook. It was just weird because I never expected it. But I thought he was cute, funny, sweet, just the total package so i'd give it a go. There was clearly a spark, I forgot all about the guy I couldn't get over, something I wasn't able to do for a long time. My boyfriend was like a game changer for me, and I love him. I'm terrified he might leave, dump me. He's not that type of guy but, I just have that fear. I'm scared that he'll leave me and i'll just go running back to the same guy who only wanted me for my body. But I know my boyfriend wouldn't do that, he's sensitive, a sweetheart and he loves me for me. I just can't get those negative thoughts out of my mind. They are constantly lurking. Anything I can do to maybe push those thoughts out? Anything positive I could try to keep in mind when i'm upset?

virgo xx-xx really good napper xx-xx thats itxx
xan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm

xan wrote:

for the first time in a long time, I have a great relationship. But my boyfriend gives me mad anxiety i stg. So there was this guy I caught hard feelings for, and none of my previous relationships lasted because I was so hung up over this one guy I kept chasing and couldn't get over. He treated me like dirt but I couldn't get rid of those feelings, I thought that maybe one day he'd change. He never did.

My best friend told me that one of my good friends liked me. I was shook. It was just weird because I never expected it. But I thought he was cute, funny, sweet, just the total package so i'd give it a go. There was clearly a spark, I forgot all about the guy I couldn't get over, something I wasn't able to do for a long time. My boyfriend was like a game changer for me, and I love him. I'm terrified he might leave, dump me. He's not that type of guy but, I just have that fear. I'm scared that he'll leave me and i'll just go running back to the same guy who only wanted me for my body. But I know my boyfriend wouldn't do that, he's sensitive, a sweetheart and he loves me for me. I just can't get those negative thoughts out of my mind. They are constantly lurking. Anything I can do to maybe push those thoughts out? Anything positive I could try to keep in mind when i'm upset?

Honey I had the same issue. Been with a lot of different "bad guy" types and I've seen a fair bit and done bad. It's toxic to yourself more than anything. My boyfriend helped me a lot tho. He taught me to just hold myself in high value and you should too. And whenever you're scared just tell yourself "ok let's see, is there any serious reasons or sights that my boyfriend may dump me or cheat or anything bad to me? No there isn't. I know him. I know I haven't done anything to make him want to break up as well. I trust him. I know him well. If I'm seriously scared I'll talk to him. He will listen and help me. I know it"
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:24 pm

xan wrote:

Do you talk to a professional? I would highly suggest thinking about it, as they could help you figure out the root of these feelings and how to better cope with them.

Other than that, just remind yourself of the good things when those negative thoughts start building up or bothering you.
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby autumnsoundtrack » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:09 pm

I have a huge problem.

Four months ago I had a short flight with an old flame of mine. I distinctly remember him being completely intoxicated, and him saying that he wanted me to tell absolutely nobody about our encounter. I said "alright" because I thought he was embarrassed or something.

On instagram a couple weeks ago he posted a few photos of him and a girl and captioned it "7 months of torture <3" (also Christmas Things I Love as the location tag). Aaaaand it's leading me to believe that he cheated on her with me.

I'm not sure if I should (discreetly) confront him about it? I don't wanna start up drama, but I feel like the girl should know what happened. After all, this is not the first time he's cheated on someone.

Give me golden leaves, the pitter patter of soft-falling rain,
apple cider doughnuts, and the cool comfort of autumn

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
autumnsoundtrack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WastedSpace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

peachy.. wrote:
I have a huge problem.

Four months ago I had a short flight with an old flame of mine. I distinctly remember him being completely intoxicated, and him saying that he wanted me to tell absolutely nobody about our encounter. I said "alright" because I thought he was embarrassed or something.

On instagram a couple weeks ago he posted a few photos of him and a girl and captioned it "7 months of torture <3" (also Christmas Things I Love as the location tag). Aaaaand it's leading me to believe that he cheated on her with me.

I'm not sure if I should (discreetly) confront him about it? I don't wanna start up drama, but I feel like the girl should know what happened. After all, this is not the first time he's cheated on someone.

Honestly, I don't know about confronting him because he clearly knows what he's doing is wrong and he shouldn't be doing it, so that's just likely to end in a fight. However, I do think it's fair if you can contact the girl and let her know your suspicions and that you're sorry and wouldn't have done it if you knew, but thought she deserved to know. Hopefully she will rightfully place blame with the boyfriend who was in the know and can make a decision of what to do after that.

I'm so sorry to hear about this. You deserve better. You deserve better than some guy who uses who to cheat. You deserve better than some guy who is embarrassed to be with you. You deserve better than some guy who just uses you.
WastedSpace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me