CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby ~Jaded » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:10 pm

Bleakverse wrote:Question for the com

What are things you've never thought you'd use to/for a cosplay, but have ended up using?

This is so stupid but my answer is a sewing machine.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Mine are a combo of EVA foam and spray paint, though a plastic lawn flamingo comes to mind as well, or at least it will in a couple months
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:22 am

Bleakverse wrote:Mine are a combo of EVA foam and spray paint, though a plastic lawn flamingo comes to mind as well, or at least it will in a couple months

I want to hear about the lawn flamingo, omg.

Also, I just started working on Mal from Descendants and I'm really jazzed! I worked at a Halloween store in the fall and we had to wear costumes so I wore one of the store's Mal jackets every day and I've really missed being her. We have the same style and look about us so if I'm feeling lazy at a con, this is a costume I can wear my normal hair (that's a cosplay crime, I know), shoes, and makeup with. It also has a lot of gathered layers (my fav), bead work, and lace so it's going to be something different than just the typical anime girl outfit to sew.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 am

Oooooh I'm doing Evie's dress, I'm not covering it in sequins though because I don't hate myself. and I also have Kanan to work on for the same con, and that probably will make me hate myself. The Lawn flamingo comes into it because there is a flamingo head in the prop she's carrying. and yes I will have to sculpt over some of the details that's not that bad.

I have the Uranohoshi uniform, Aqours volunteering at the aquarium uniform top, Kimi no Kokoro Ruby, Ragnarok Loki and transformation Eli to finish between now and when I can start thinking about working on Evie or Kanan for that matter. Which will have to be after NZCC.
the uniform stuff should only take me a couple days to do in theory. Kimi no kokoro maybe three-four. Ragnarok loki I don't know as I'm doing stuff I've not done before really. and finding fabric is proving nightmareish. and Eli is my comp piece.

I'm also starting to research for the nightmareishly big build that is gonna be Circus Baby. but she doesn't have to be ready until 2019
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Evie's dress is going to be nothing compared to Kanan's outfit. So many little details. I'd probably put off a lot of that until the day before the con and never finish it tbh. Please post pics when you do the staff.

The Ragnorok Loki costume is so good. Where are you getting the leather? I want to do Killer Frost from the Flash of the Scarlet Witch's costume in Civil War but I have no idea where to get the fabric without leaving my house.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 pm

I'm doing his party boy outfit (AKA the blueish one with the yellow lined cape)
I'm doing a sweep of all the fabric stores in my area trying to find the right blue, so far not much luck and online is proving a bust. Or I find something perfect and it's out of stock, or shipping is like 1000 dollars plus your soul kind of thing. (hazards of being a new zealand cosplayer)

Kanan is for competition in october, and I'd like to have it mostly done by the time I turn in my comp form. and I will try and post pictures. I'm probably gonna have to hand make some of the flowers for kanan as they don't make pansy/viola type fake flowers in some of the larger sizes I need for the costume. and I've got an braiding foot and will have an embroidery machine (Hopefully) to help with some of the detailing.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Yeah, I have not found any pleather fabrics online that look promising ever. Seems like that's everyone else's experience as well. I bet being a New Zealand cosplayer is really challenging. I live in a really fashion-oriented area and I can't seem to find the right color or weight of fabric without going into the sketchy downtown districts. Not about to get mugged just searching for some dumb cloth smh.

I hope you do well!!! That's a lot more work than a lot of cosplayers put into projects. I've never competed bc I usually do more designs for fashion shows than ready-to-wear pieces for cosplay but I'm hoping Mal comes out well enough to compete with. I'm going to hand-make all the lace detailing and alter a few parts of her costume to make it more my own. Maybe cast some metal for her tiara even.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 pm

well the dark blue yaya han stuff is a good fit, even if just for the pants, because thick upholstery fabric would be fine, but I need to be able to move easily in them. but the yaya han cosplay fabrics line is crazy expensive here, that colour isn't here, and everywhere i've looked online it's out of stock - I found something that was close in colour but not in weight while out looking for stuff for another project today.

See if you can find somewhere that'll 3D print it with a smooth filament, it looks 3D printed to me, like Ben's one.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Jaded » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:28 pm

The Yaya Han fabric is like x4 the price of every other fabric and I hear that it looses it's elasticity and color after one wash. The price is probably why Joann's doesn't expand their pleather options. They probably make a ton off of only her line lol.

Tha's a really good and easy way that didn't even cross my mind. Thank you.
ImageImage
ImageImage
~Jaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:16 am

that's how we did the anklets and tiaras for angel aqours squad - so just thought it might be a good way to do it.

probably, I'm looking on ebay and aliepxress though but with something like pleather I like being able to feel the fabric for myself. most other fabrics I'm comfortable ordering online. especially because a lot of pleather is super thick and heavy duty when I don't want or need that.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me