For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:21 am

OHmy i remember freaking out over the horselines changing too! But i cant remember what they used to look like??
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maddy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:38 am

♥Sterek♥ wrote:OHmy i remember freaking out over the horselines changing too! But i cant remember what they used to look like??

The rainbow mane still has old lineart, as do the rest of those outcomes, i think (:
http://static.chickensmoothie.com/archi ... &bg=aca5ae

Unless there was lineart before that, but after the Tess horses?
Maddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 am

Maddy wrote:
♥Sterek♥ wrote:OHmy i remember freaking out over the horselines changing too! But i cant remember what they used to look like??

The rainbow mane still has old lineart, as do the rest of those outcomes, i think (:

Nope, the RBM litter and its various offspring received a new lineart as well. As did the roadkill PPS, and the regular PPS ponies and horses.
    You can see the RBM's old lineart here on the comparison graphic - the same lines that were used for the top left horse were used for that litter.
    The roadkill PPS and the PPS ponies had lines you can still see here in the comparison chart for the zebra lines.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:46 am

oh yes the lineart changes were big talk back in the day. and the retirement of shima as a whole. at least "behind the scenes" (aka not on cs but on offsite cs groups) i clearly remember drama. *eyes emoji*

malk pets also used to be super popular. hows the demand for those nowadays?

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maddy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 am

[quote="ZΕL"][/quote]

Oh my god, you're right! I'd completely forgotten- oh my god omg that lineart! Their smiles <3
Maddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am

Definitely not an oldie, but for all who don't remember you can go to this website:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080715000000*/http://chickensmoothie.com/
and Chicken Smoothie was originally called Silent Wolf Kennels, I believe? C:
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FriedApplePie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am

lancelotl wrote:
oh yes the lineart changes were big talk back in the day. and the retirement of shima as a whole. at least "behind the scenes" (aka not on cs but on offsite cs groups) i clearly remember drama. *eyes emoji*

malk pets also used to be super popular. hows the demand for those nowadays?

They're still pretty good demand wise! They're honestly my favorites <3

████
████
𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲xx

.xxImage
...▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐

Returning Member
October 12th
Loving Apple Pie

└───────┘
x
- of
me?
FriedApplePie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schofield » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:52 pm

I remember pretty early on in my time on CS, someone was giving away their nearly-completed dog collection to the best writer of a fifty-thousand word story. My sister and I, both being much younger and naive about the magnitude of what the contest was asking for, excitedly sat in our family's car deciding what our stories would be about. We didn't end up writing the stories because we were scared the person was going to plagiarize our work. (Ha! Who in their right mind would want to steal the word vomit of a young teenager. :lol: )

I just fondly remember the random, crazy stuff my sister and I did on this site. As I've grown older, my mindset's matured and I've definitely realized that instead of collecting some of the rarest pets, or having really nice luck with trading, I just appreciate how much this site helped build my relationship with my sister. She doesn't play anymore because of her busy life, and I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, but to this day, my sister and I are super close. I think CS was apart of that. :)
Schofield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Slushy Chase wrote:Definitely not an oldie, but for all who don't remember you can go to this website:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080715000000*/http://chickensmoothie.com/
and Chicken Smoothie was originally called Silent Wolf Kennels, I believe? C:

I feel young again! I don't remember when the site was called SWK! Phew

Aralas wrote:I remember pretty early on in my time on CS, someone was giving away their nearly-completed dog collection to the best writer of a fifty-thousand word story. My sister and I, both being much younger and naive about the magnitude of what the contest was asking for, excitedly sat in our family's car deciding what our stories would be about. We didn't end up writing the stories because we were scared the person was going to plagiarize our work. (Ha! Who in their right mind would want to steal the word vomit of a young teenager. :lol: )

I just fondly remember the random, crazy stuff my sister and I did on this site. As I've grown older, my mindset's matured and I've definitely realized that instead of collecting some of the rarest pets, or having really nice luck with trading, I just appreciate how much this site helped build my relationship with my sister. She doesn't play anymore because of her busy life, and I'm definitely not as active as I used to be, but to this day, my sister and I are super close. I think CS was apart of that. :)

-tears up- That sounds beautiful.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnochianGhost » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm

ZΕL wrote:
Maddy wrote:

Nope, the RBM litter and its various offspring received a new lineart as well. As did the roadkill PPS, and the regular PPS ponies and horses.
    You can see the RBM's old lineart here on the comparison graphic - the same lines that were used for the top left horse were used for that litter.
    The roadkill PPS and the PPS ponies had lines you can still see here in the comparison chart for the zebra lines.

I kinda miss the old pony lineart. The others I'm happy with the change but the old pony one with the poofy hair covering its eyes was absolutely adorable. Shame it was traced :c
♡ Pet Spotlight ♡
♡ Art Spotlight ♡
ImageImage

Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

THIGDAAo3

EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes