Questions about trading for high-value pets

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Questions about trading for high-value pets

Postby Loelya » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:10 am

Okay, let me preface this first by saying, I do know about the rares lists and how to use them! I understand that there are pets on the site worth far more than others and I realize the pets I'm referring to fall on these lists. I'm looking for more nuanced advice.

the pets in question are:

I am wondering how best to go about trading for these pets. I have a rares folder which I consistently store up rares in, particularly old rares from the pound and dec 18th, and some higher-value pets gotten from off-site trades. Here is the folder (I believe there is at least one list pet here as well?):
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts ... rid=767140

In the past, I have always paid for high-value dream pets either by offsite-trading or buying store pets directly with C$. I have only gotten one of my dream pets through high stakes trading, and I did this by stuffing a rares folder with every rare I could get and throwing them all at the pet I wanted at once. This was the result (and totally worth it in my opinion):
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... 1nNEcNMoRw

The question I'm asking boils down to this: is it practical for me to attempt to use this method to go after the pets pictured above? Would I eventually have enough rares on hand, both old and new, to be worth one of the above pets in a bulk trade? Or would it be best to look at the rares lists, identify pets that I could trade for more easily with the rares I already have on hand, and trade for them little by little until I have stocked up on rares list pets, then trade that resulting stockpile for the pictured pets? If you are an experienced trader, how would you go about this?

Thank you in advance for any help!! It's really appreciated.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Questions about trading for high-value pets

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:47 pm

In terms of the UR Bee and the UR Peach, I would say your current method wouldn't get your those pets directly, no. As you said, it would be a better idea to trade up the pets in your Rares group for pets on the Rare's List, and go from there. The full worth of the UR Peach is curretnly being dicussed, if you'd like to check out the trades other people have made for the Peach, a bunch of people have been posting them on the new List topic. And the Bee has always been pretty popular from my experience, so I'd say trade up the pets you have to get more/better ones on the list.

As for the UR Flowerpot, it's harder to say. The Flowerpot and most fruits (aside from the Peach and maybe the Pea, though the Pea could just be in-demand from it being now) aren't very popular. I still would say trade up the pets you have for others on the list, but you might not need to get as many high-value ones like you would need for the Peach or Bee, since most owners of the Flowerpot seem willing to accept some underpay.

These are just my thoughts though, feel free to get more! ^-^
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:28 pm

Thank you for the advice! That's helpful to at least know where to start!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:41 pm

Still looking for second opinions if anyone might be willing to help!
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me