UR Ice Cat?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

UR Ice Cat?

Postby Cystalline » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:43 am

Pet's name: Berry
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

So I've gotten numerous trade offers for this cat, and I'm considering simply auctioning it off. It's not true date but I got several answers saying it's worth a lot. The best answer telling me it's worth a lot is below, by a very old and wise player. If what was said below is true, could I auction it off? And if so, what should I start the auction at and what would be a good OBO?

Thank you!

"This is the UR ice cat, and it's actually worth a lot! It's on the main rares list, click, and so it's quite rare. Basically, a UR means you could only get it on December 18th and not very many people got them, they're like an exclusive and are generally some of the rarest pets on the site. So, I probably wouldn't accept the trade unless you check it in the fair trade thread and the person actually offered something worth its value. Though it doesn't have the greatest demand, it's worth a lot.

It's under the special releases of 2012 tab in the archive, also!"
Welcome one and all! If you see a pet you like PM me with an offer :) PM ONLY!!

I have joined Gift Bombing!!
It's a good way of getting free pets and items!!
And a great way to make new friends!!

Cystalline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: UR Ice Cat?

Postby Taf900 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 am

The below is true. I'm not exactly sure how much the cats go for but you can get a lot for it despite being a rerelease (only some people dislike rereleases and they are worth that much less to even them).
You could definitely auction it off. I would make sure you are getting at least one main list unless you want to trade down. Check the rares list guide for more information on its rarity... Sorry if I'm confusing
Always looking for trades!

Auctioning May Lioness
Taf900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cystalline » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:46 am

Oh no you're fine, I understand that! I just wanted to know what to auction it off for. Some people said $C, other said certain pets on the rares list I'm unsure. I'm leaning more towards certain pet's, as you said some people don't value re-releases very much.

EDIT: I'm new to trading (Since I hoard my pets lol), what is a trade down?

Cystalline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:22 am

A trade down is when you take one high value pet and trade it for several pets which are less valuable individually. For example, if I trade an uncommon down for 2 commons.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:26 am

As for the auction, you could auction it off for whatever you were most interested in. If you're looking for C$, specific pets, or etc. You don't have to auction it for any specific thing, if you have no preference, however! This way, people may offer a mixture of pets, items, and C$.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 pm

Minor addition: From what I've seen, it's not so much that some people value rereleases less as it is that they value true dates more. i.e. I don't think that many people underpay for rereleases specifically because they're rereleases, but I do know that some people overpay a little for true dates specifically because they're true dates.

So whatever you're told the UR Ice Cat is worth, that's what you should consider your pet to be worth. I wouldn't consider it lower than whatever a UR Ice Cat is worth just because it's rerelease; I would only keep in mind that there's less incentive for some people to offer slight overpay.
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cystalline » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:07 am

Understood! Thank you guys! This has helped a lot!

Cystalline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me