Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:59 pm

Be sure to get your forms in for the Summer Secret Santa!

Art by pandora. (previously Apple)

------------------------Hello, and welcome to the Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous ("CAAA"), established June 8, --------------------------2012. We are a hub of friendly members who enjoy designing, drawing, adopting, developing, ----------------------------and purchasing original characters!

------------------------Care to join us? Please post a completed form on the thread!

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Most recently obtained character:[/b]
    [b]Favorite character that you own:[/b]
    [b]How many characters do you own?:[/b] (rough estimates are okay!)
    [b]Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?":[/b]
    [size=5]membership form[/size]

Important Links:
The CAAA Deviantart Group!

Advertise Us:
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3209674][img]http://orig08.deviantart.net/071b/f/2015/272/e/4/cooltext139786431058578_by_wesleydog-d9bcorw.gif[/img][/url]
Last edited by leverage on Wed May 26, 2021 9:13 am, edited 23 times in total.
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CAAA Rules

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:00 pm

To keep peace and order, the thread must come with some basic guidelines. Please refresh yourself on our rules before posting!

RULES:

1. Do not argue with myself, other moderators, or other members.

2. Do not spam. Include something at least one reply to another member per post; three if you are posting an advertisement.

3. Feel free to ask members character-related questions, and please try to keep the discussion going!

4. You are permitted to share designs for sale and advertise art shops, but please wait 5 pages before quoting or posting a new advertisement, and remember to add three new replies to other members each time you post.

5. If your images are too big or you include more than 15 images in a post, please link them instead.

6. Character and art deals should be dealt with through PM, not on the thread.

7. Always give credit to the artist of any art/designs that you post, even when answering questions.
Do a Google image search or consult the Which artist did this piece? thread for help.

A warning system will be instilled if necessary.
Last edited by leverage on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CAAA Staff

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:04 pm

→ Founder and Owner;
Wesley
Image | She/her | EST
Originally 'wesleydog,' Wes is the founder of the CAAA! An avid character enthusiast with a passion for writing, Wes is always willing to help with character development and answer questions! She busies herself in the background to prepare fun events for the community, and she focuses on making the CAAA a friendly, welcoming environment for new and old members alike! Wes welcomes all feedback - positive or negative - and random chats, and she strives to make the CAAA as much of a family as it can be!
Wes is taking a break from the thread right now, so please PM another member of staff with any concerns!

→ Mods;
Rabbitheart
Image | She/her | PT
Rabbitheart is one of the CAAA's first mods, and originally proposed the idea for a character addiction club! She is a fun-loving, sweet person who loves to ask questions about your characters and develop her own! Don't be afraid to approach her if you need some help with developing a character!

weegeestar5
Image | They/them | GMT
weegeestar5 is another one of the CAAA's oldest mods! Though they are fun-loving and silly, they are vigilant in enforcing their position as a mod. They love to relieve stress, so count on Weege to keep the conversation going! They predominantly help Wesley with the larger CAAA events, like the secret santa!

lunamoth19
Image | She/her | CST
lunamoth19 is an excellent contributor to the thread and has given us a lot of the new ideas that you see featured here now. She often answers your questions, and she always is sure to comment on some people's art and designs when posting! She's experienced and sweet... don't be afraid to approach her!

ki-neko animura
Image | She/her | EST
Ki-Neko Animura has been around since the early days, V.3 to be exact! She is warm and welcoming and is always open to talking with members, whether about characters or about real life. She loves to help out others, and while she may not post as much as the other mods, she stalks the thread all day. Do not be upset if she sends you a warning! Even if she doesn't post, she is always watching. 0.o

leverage
Image | She/her | EST
Leverage, also known as Lev, enjoys surfing through the thread to see the amazing varieties of characters, drawing gift art, writing about her characters, and participating in ARPGs. On the thread she'll be here to answer any questions one might have and to assist the problems of members, as well as to encourage community through questions, welcome new members, and to keep a vigilant eye out for art and character theft. Feel free to contact her with questions concerning the thread! She is also always willing to help introduce members to DA ARPG species. Outside of CS, Lev enjoys studying biology and ecology, playing saxophone, and working in a natural history museum.

Mikuru Senpai
Image | She/her | CET
Mikuru Senpai is an open and friendly person who loves to draw animals, especially canines. She likes reading through your characters' description, especially the personality and finds it fasinating how many different yet equal personalities there can be for different characters! Mikuru is here to welcome new members, keep the thread clean, and maintain a friendly and a enjoyable atmosphere. Her inbox is always open for anyone and any topic, so don't be afraid to shoot her a PM!

Batman
Image | She/her | EST
Batman is currently a freshman in college going into Game Design and Animation! She adores her Monoprice tablet and would certainly be happy to give advice about it! She is one to talk about anything and everything, and her PM box is always open to people in need of assistance or company. Around the CAAA, she enjoys talking about characters, giving name suggestions, and proudly proclaiming herself a Character Addict! <3

→ General Helpers;
two-skin
Image | She/her | ???
two-skin/Sadbloom is the wonderful member that created the idea of thread-based General Helpers! Bloom is definitely one of the most selfless members you'll ever come across! She is very giving of her time, skills, and help, and is always willing to assist the members of the club in any way possible.

→ List Keeper;
Skritnaja
Image | She/her | ???
Stay tuned for information on our List Keeper!

As a Moderator at the CAAA, one must:
• Accept members with forms that haven't already been accepted.
• Enforce the general rules.
• Give warnings out to rule breakers in a firm but kind, non-embarrassing way.
• Post on the thread frequently and be vigilant in your duties.
• Generally have a certain field of expertise in which someone may contact them with questions or concern.
• Abide by all club rules.

As a General Helper at the CAAA, one must:
• Post questions and other things to keep the thread moving when things appear to be going slowly. They'll be assisted by a few of our mods in doing this as well.
• Promote a positive attitude and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Warn the club when they've found art theft.
• Answer minor questions that they've been PM'd or asked on the thread (please answer these through PM) in order to give our members a better understanding of our rules, policies, and goals. Major questions should be directed towards Wesley.
• Specialize in helping members name their characters, choose genders for them, etc. Just perform kind little deeds that others could deem as helpful.
• Comment and encourage others' commenting on people's artwork, purchased art, and character designs.
Last edited by leverage on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CAAA Mascot

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Callia "CAAA" Adopp is the mascot of the Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous! A creature of some unknown species, she embodies the addiction of all of our members! This pupil-less creature is a busy-body with many friends, and she loves collecting characters! Her tail has a power which enables her to seek out the newest characters for sale, and she will go to extreme measures - even paying quantities over $200 - for a new character she likes! She is eccentric and outgoing, and she has many friends! Her friends contribute to her obsession by gifting her characters she didn't know she wanted, but she is grateful all the same! Callia will rarely ever complain, except when going through character withdrawal or experiencing writer's block! Callia is always contradicting herself and never fully sure what she wants, so don't ask her too many confusing questions!

Thank you to our fan-artists!

Any fan art of her can be submitted to the DA group to be featured in the group's gallery!
[link of sta.sh to come]
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CAAA FAQ

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:09 pm

About Pix -
As previous Head Mod and Wes' personal assistant on many previous threads (definitely one of the main factors this place has been running with few bumps in the road), Solanum created this FAQ section to help you guys out, and to keep you from getting into tussles with the mods. Having made up quite a few of the rules herself, and of course enforcing them, she knows a great deal about them.

If you have any questions, PM me, and if it's common enough, I may put it up here.
If you're looking to see if a question has been answered, try using CTRL+F and the subject of the question to see if it is here already, if not then do ask me.

Special thank you to Solanum for all of her help. c:

Do not quote this post.

How do I join CAAA?

To join, you have to fill out the form in the first post and post it on the thread. A mod will come and accept it for you, then you may post. You will also have to PM your form to Sanara, the mod in charge of the members list, to put your name up there.

What if I'm not accepted?

If the mods have missed you, it is best to PM your form to one of them, and they will then accept you on the thread. We try not to miss people, but this thread moves fast, so it will sometimes happen.

What can I do here?

Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous is a club about characters for those who like characters. Here you can show off your characters and sell designs you've made, or bought off of others (as long as it complies with previous owners' rules). You can show off new art, offer your art services if you're bored, hold Join.Mes and livestreams as well as asking and answering character questions on the thread.

How do I know what is considered spam?

Spam is anything not directly linked to the theme of the thread, which would be characters. Art related questions, your daily life and such are not welcome here. One word posts are also considered spam. If you're not sure if something is considered spam, see if any of the active mods are online, and ask them via PM ^^

Why can I not repost more than every 5 pages?

CAAA is not a place purely to advertise, and if we didn't have rules set in place the thread would get very cluttered. We would have pages and pages of simply reposted posts, so this is why we don't allow it. Why five pages? Not sure, but the thread moves quickly, so it isn't long to wait usually.

Why do I have to credit when I post images?

For starters, it's only polite to credit the artist and designer when you get a new character, or piece of art. It also allows other people, should they like the style, to search out this artist and maybe place an order at an artshop themselves.

What if all I want to do is get art of my characters?

There are other places for that. If this is the only thing you want to do, then you are better off elsewhere. You may ask for art here, but you have to have something more relevant in your post.

Why do I have to include a payment when I ask for characters?

Asking for free characters could be considered begging, which is not allowed. Therefore you must show that you are willing to pay for characters. It's often helpful to say what you have to pay with as well.

What do I do if my design has been stolen?

If on DeviantArt, report the profile and calmly let others know that the design is stolen so they do not buy. If on chickensmoothie, contact a mod (or a General helper, who will refer it to a mod).

Can I join if I only have a few characters?

Of course you may ^^ This club is open to anyone who enjoys characters, regardless of number.

Can I join if I don't adopt my characters, but make them instead?

Of course c: As stated above, we'll take in anyone who enjoys characters.

What are people talking about when they mean "High-Quality" (HQ)?

This is very opinion based, as no one is really sure quite what a HQ character would be. It is generally a good looking design (not a 5 minute rush job) with quality art to match, or a custom ref sheet. But as stated before, it's very opinion based so don't take it too seriously.

A mod just gave me a warning! What does that mean?

This means you have broken the thread rules on several occasions. They will tell you what you have done, so you can try not to do it again. You get a few chances, but after that you may be banned. So be careful.

Can I ask for competition art?

Yes! As long as you follow the general art requesting rules (posting something on-topic and including payment).
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Event

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:10 pm

There are no events currently running at the moment! Check back soon for some CAAA fun!
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lev's Corner

Postby leverage » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:12 pm

This post is reserved for future thread activities! Be sure to check back soon for development-based excitement!
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rabbit’s Corner

Postby Rabbitheart » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:34 pm

Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous: The Return of the Weekly Character Theme

Sig art by Rexodus-Reloaded
Lyrics from "Wonderland" by Taylor Swift

Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ki’s corner

Postby ki-neko animura » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Development raffle
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

weeg's corner !

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:59 am

ʜᴇʏ!
      hi there! im weegeestar5, but im commonly called weeg! im one of the oldest mods here at the CAAA
      here will be a post full of oc prompts! you may use as many or as little of these as you like, and i encourage you to share what you've completed here! please note, there will be no prizes given out for these - these are just neat lil ideas for you to help develop your ocs!
      if you need any ideas, feel free to ask me; i'll be glad to help out! [i love to discuss oc development honestly]

these will be updated as i feel like it pretty much; ive been ill so i don't really have the energy to be updating this constantly! :p

[url]link to previous prompts[/url]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ᴀʀᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛs
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ᴡʀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛs
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx

ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛs
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx
    • xxx

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me