Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Postby gremlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:54 pm

Discord
Original thread by NARANDA
How this works:
NARANDA wrote:
I've seen many rate the _____ above you games but never one about characters, so here we go! I guess it fairly simple. Rate the character above you between 1-10 and post the name and a pic of your character along with artist/designer credit. Please just no gore, anything sexual or anything else inappropriate, basically read the CS rules for posting pics. Also no major bashing like "That character is so ugly, how could you even love it, I say delete it so it doesn't hurt our eyes" just no, that's plain rude and you shall be reported for this. If the character is not your style say something like. "It's a nice characters, just not my style" or "It seems a little too simple for me, but I'm one for complex designs."

Example:
Also see my post with the first character to rate for a visual example of how to make your posts look!
Person 1
(name and Image of character and artist credits)
Person 2
9/10! Say something nice or give some critique here about the character above, maybe name or suggestions for things if they ask for it.

(Name and image of character and artist credits)

Rules:
(Reworded by Sheena)
Do not post the same character more than once per page.
To prevent the thread from slowing down, we ask that you make sure you’re not posting the same character on the same page. You may post more than once per page, but it MUST be a different character (alternate forms of a character do not count as different characters).

You must link or post ONE fullbody image. You may link to more images or a character profile as a LINK.
Your image must be a clear, fullbody reference. The only exception to this is if it’s a sort of headshot adopt or a WIP and you are looking for more ideas for the full body, but you MUST state as much. You may link to more images or a character profile, but you must link a DIRECT image for your post to rate.

Posting or linking to extra information is allowed, but you need to link if your information exceeds a paragraph.
You may post some info about your character as long as it is a paragraph or shorter. If it is any longer, we ask that you link to a profile for further reading to keep the thread clear of huge texts blocks.

Credit the artist and designer in your post.

Be polite.
This should go without saying, but when critiquing someone else’s character, make sure to give at least one compliment. OCs are personal, and people put a lot of work into their characters, so don’t go trashing them.

You may only post characters that you own, or that you have the owner’s/artist’s permission to post.
You may NOT post a video game or movie character, and may only post characters that belong to you you, or that you have designed for someone. If you are posting for someone else that might be too shy to pst themselves, you need to state who the character belongs to.

No reserving posts without posting a character.
If you want to make a really long reply without getting ninja’d, you may post your rating and character and notate that you will be adding your feedback shortly. However, you may not reserve a post without having a rating or character attached.

Do NOT recreate this thread.
This thread may only be recreated by cs user gremlin at this time, unless they give permission to someone else.

No mini-modding.
The mods exist for a reason, and we ask that you leave correcting rule breakers to the mods. If you wish to report someone for breaking the rules, you may PM a mod.

Do not post anything that is not a rating.
Do not make random replies on the thread to someone rating your characters. PM a user if you would like to discuss their rating with them. Do not mark the thread. Chickensmoothie has a bookmark function.

Add substance to your rating.
Try not to leave one-sentence ratings. People work hard on their OCs and they come here for genuine critique. Short ratings don't help anyone grow, and if your rating is below perfect, you need a clear reasoning as to why.
or something like that
Last edited by gremlin on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 19 times in total.
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7

Postby gremlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Mods

Ban System
Do NOT message these people asking them what they did or attack them! If someone is on the ban list, just skip them and rate the character of the person above them. Simple. Reasons are not posted here and will only be shared with the rule breaker and the RTCAY mods privately if they ask.
ANYONE CAUGHT BULLYING A USER WHO HAS RECEIVED A WARNING OR BAN WILL ALSO RECEIVE A WARNING OR BAN. The severity of the situation will be determined on a case by case basis! If they have been banned then please just quietly skip them and rate the character of the person above them.
Bans wrote:Iblis -Temp Ban (Time Undetermined ATM)
Last edited by gremlin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:56 pm

FAQ
I occasionally get questions about specific things, so I am putting the questions and answers here for good questions that everyone should know. Have questions? Send me a PM and I'll gladly answer them!

Are we allowed to post WIP characters? I have a character I'd like opinions on but I only have a waist up wip of him.
WIP characters are allowed, as long as they follow the rules. This includes the fullbody image rule. If it's just a waist shot or bust, it is not allowed. If it's fullbody and you are seeking advice on color changes, additional markings, items suggestions, etc, then it is allowed.
Last edited by NARANDA on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Clear example of how to make a post here on this thread!
Everything in bold is how is can/show look
Italics is a small explanation or note about that specific thing.

7/10 Ex. The character is very cute, love this accessory and the colors, but they seem a little simple. Maybe a nice marking here or there would be nice. Overall the character is nice though, and I like the eyes. <- a rating out of 10 and a blurb about the reason for the rating given. (Made up example) If you wish to make a longer comment please leave at least a number and actually remember to edit your post.

Mars (Art/Design by Machati) <- Credit/Character name can be above or below the image.
^ Image must be a CLEAR FULLBODY IMAGE! And ONLY ONE IMAGE! (You may LINK to more art though, but you must provide one separate fullbody image in either image or link form. (Exceptions mentioned in rules)^

A well liked dingo with a flirty personality and a heart of gold. He is well known throughout the plains as a trader of trinkets. However other creatures tend to balk at his mate who is a sketchy dingo with skeevy connections.
^Can add a little blurb about the character here, DO NOT MAKE THIS VERY LONG! (One Small Paragraph Max) If you wish you may LINK to a character page, more art, information, or to the species page.^
Last edited by gremlin on Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NARANDA » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Now to start this version!

Michiko (Lines by videlicet, species & design by starry--knight)
Her information can be found here and I seeking flower suggestions for a flower item set (flower crown/bracelets/tail ring sort of set) and all suggestions of what flower(s) might look good on her would be greatly appreciated and welcome!
NARANDA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HibiscusBlossom » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:43 pm

9/10
i love the general aesthetic of this character. their colors and markings are very nice and interesting and the design is pleasing to look at. the soft pastel blues add color to the character and really make it pop. i love the nice creams and whites along with her markings. i think a flower crown made up of a mix of daisys and forget-me-nots would look quite nice with this character!

tiny? looking for something to make her pop but not sure what.
all by me
HibiscusBlossom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plisetsky » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm

9/10 -- oof,, she's adorable !! the colors are super nice together, but i'm not too fond of the markings on her back. it seems too different from the other markings? i love the tuffs of fur on her ears and long fur on her front legs. i think she's perfect as she is, but perhaps a bandanna or a ribbon around her neck or tail? ;''oo

gabriel? i'm v bad with character designs, so any suggestions are appreciated !! <3 ignore how cliche he is oof,, ( more art )
      all by me <3
currently watching:
barry
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬
th | ig | lttrbxd | free art !!
plisetsky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mogwai » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:40 pm

8/10 ASDFJKLASDJF
    I love!!! I have a sweet spot for angels/demons, especially messengers.
    I think the green goes really well with the grays and whites!! but honestly the yellow on the fur looks a bit weird imo, maybe replace it with a blue? I'm not sure aah.
    ALSO GABRIEL IS SUCH AN ADORABLE NAME!!!

Marie?
    art n design by senpai-adopts !!
A wild CYNTHERIA appeared!

>[BATTLE] [POKEMON]
[ITEMS] [FLEE]
Mogwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyrevan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 pm

9/10
Cutesy characters aren't really my thing but wow, she's adorable! The colors work so well together and I do think she's easy to differentiate from other OCs. I don't really like the heart hole in her clothing (personal clothing taste) but it does balance out the design. Personally I would make the paw pads the same color as the hair, since white pawpads are a little hard to see.
Overall, very cute character!

Sorry for the huge image! Design and art is by sno-berry on dA.
ImageImage
cyrus // they/it // artist & fursuit maker // kalons
credit my toyhouse for art and designs!
fullbody + headshot credit

Trade me for free pets!
cyrevan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bear » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 pm

this character is pretty cute! i've never seen someone put hair on a snake before, so it's pretty interesting!
    in general, i just really like the colours and design used! nice and natural!
    9/10

Bailey?
    all by me! he's a bull terrier and dalmatian mix
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups