2017 Advent Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: 🥚Easter Egg Hunt 🐇
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2017 Advent Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby nickjr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Gallery-style post up ahead

Thanks to this post for making my life easier

Dates given are for the original outcomes only (great that we have the Christmas 'xx tag :D)

July 2008
ImageImage Image

September 2008
ImageImageImage Image

November 2008
ImageImageImageImageImage Image

January 2009
ImageImage Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

March 2009
ImageImageImage Image

April 2009
ImageImageImage Image

June 2009
ImageImageImage Image

February 2010
ImageImageImageImage Image

March 2010
ImageImageImage Image

August 2010
ImageImageImage Image

CS Bday 2011
Image Image

October 2011
ImageImageImage Image

Christmas 2011
Image Image
(I personally think it's not a littermate for the second gens from December 2013 because those swirls are intense and there's nothing that really could come from the pink parent; the existing children all clearly have markings/items from both parents)

September 2012
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImageImageImage Image

February 2013
ImageImageImage Image

March 2013
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Image

May 2015
ImageImageImageImage Image
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gigglebug » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Oh nice comparison. :)
Pet's Spotlight wrote:Image

Missed/Wanted: Anything on my WL, also always looking for C$Image

Gigglebug stuck two wafer rolls in her mouth and pretended to be a walrus. It is unclear how this could help the current situation.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Gigglebug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverin » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:50 pm

That is an awesome comparison. I love how the last dog has a light house on its nose. I noticed that a week after I got one.
Silverin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 am

It's also really neat to see how our newer artists (and older artists, but especially the newer ones) tried to make their art style for the new littermates line up with those of the artists that did the original litters <3 And then I get fuzzy feelings seeing the new littermates that were done by the same artist but (presumably) years after the originals

If I look hard enough, I can see some signs that different artists made the some of the new littermates (e.g. the eye coloring style)--and I think that's okay! I like it when it seems like a different artist has nailed the original artist's style, and I also like it when a different artist still has traces of their own style when trying to color like the original artist :D Feels like you can't go wrong with either haha

(granted that some pets must've been easier than others lol but still)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:42 am

nickjr wrote:It's also really neat to see how our newer artists (and older artists, but especially the newer ones) tried to make their art style for the new littermates line up with those of the artists that did the original litters <3 And then I get fuzzy feelings seeing the new littermates that were done by the same artist but (presumably) years after the originals

If I look hard enough, I can see some signs that different artists made the some of the new littermates (e.g. the eye coloring style)--and I think that's okay! I like it when it seems like a different artist has nailed the original artist's style, and I also like it when a different artist still has traces of their own style when trying to color like the original artist :D Feels like you can't go wrong with either haha

(granted that some pets must've been easier than others lol but still)

Very nice comparison! Now I wish that those litters actually included the supposed siblings. :3 I am trying not to get excited, but... 2 MORE DAYS!!!

Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftalu » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:39 am

Here's a little fun fact for the long lost Shima bwolf sibling I did, I realize that entire litter is actually based on flowers, so I based that outcome on a bluebell. c:

The comparison above really convinced me some are actually part of that litter too, thankfully that have that lovely tag to differ them though!
Swiftalu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 pm

I find this a little... Interesting.

Last month, EmberWolf made this horse, which is white, purple and orange:

And they also made the UR fox this year with the same colour scheme, just a different pattern:

https://media.giphy.com/media/7GcdjWkek7Apq/giphy.gif

I get a feeling EmberWolf might like the colours Orange and Purple.
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Swiftalu wrote:
Here's a little fun fact for the long lost Shima bwolf sibling I did, I realize that entire litter is actually based on flowers, so I based that outcome on a bluebell. c:

The comparison above really convinced me some are actually part of that litter too, thankfully that have that lovely tag to differ them though!

Ooh, neat o:

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:42 pm

So are the other butterflywolves based on flowers too?
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:39 am

---------- HANUKKAH 2017 ----------
ImageImage

---------- ADVENT 2017 ----------

Day 5

Days 8 - 24, one per day
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Just noticed there are two different bows o:

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me