Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Quollion Artist Search - closed by stormy tom

Artist stormy tom [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Quollion Artist Search - closed

Postby stormy tom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:59 am

ImageImageImage
Hello everyone, welcome to my little contest!
Are you looking for some work? Want to collaborate with me to make some amazing Quollions? Please read below!

Main Thread | Event Thread | Archives

Table of Contents
Rules
How to Enter
Prizes

1. Do not use this lineart for anything other than entering this contest.
2. This is a closed species. You may only create colourations if you receive a contract offer from me.
3. Any colourations you create will belong to me, though you will get credit for all of your contributions. I still made the lines, and it is still my species. They will be distributed under my rules.
4. You may not base your entry, or any other colourations, off of pre-existing characters. That includes your own OCs. All designs must be %100 original. Holiday-themed colourations are allowed.
5. You may enter as many times as you like!
6. You are allowed to make modifications to the lineart, so long as it is still recognizeable as my species. You may not copy the linearts alterations I have already made (linked to in my main Quoll topic).
7. If you don't get a contract offer, you may keep your design (though you must redraw it on something else, not as a Quoll).
8. Feel free to ask me any questions! Though if you have a problem with my system, then please send me a PM instead.

1. Simply open the above lineart and make a colouration! I suggest you read the little blurb about the species on the main thread, and look at adoptables I've already made in the archives to get an idea of what I'm looking for!
2. You may make changes to the lineart, so long as it is still recognizable as my species and does not copy linearts I already use.
3. This is your chance to show off your artistic skill! I will be evaluating individual elements as well as the overall piece, so don't worry if just linearts or just colouring or just shading is your skill! I may still offer you a contract and I can work with you to fill any gaps you may have.
4. Enter as many times as you like!
5. I may offer contracts to more than one person! The length of the contract I offer you will depend on the quality of your submission. If I like your particular design, but don't want to offer you a contract, I may offer to buy the design from you.
6. You will get a percentage of the payment for any adoptables you make. That percentage will be determined by how much work you've put into your colourations. I made the species, the linearts, and I run the shop and distribute the Quolls, so I will be taking a percentage of the revenue.
7. Please fill out this form and put it under your submission! This is just some useful information.

Code: Select all
[b]What price would you put on this guy, in C$, and what percentage would you negotiate for?[/b] please offer me the best estimation you can ;) and give me a number. don't just say 'anything!'. that's not helpful ^^
[b]What are your skills?[/b] What are you showcasing for me? are you better at linearts, shading, colours, patterns? How versatile are you?
[b]What kind of artistic experience do you have?[/b] have you been a guest artist before, or made your own adoptables? description would be great! but also examples ;) show off your work to me!
[b]Please describe what sort of contract you want:[/b] (are you hoping to make one/two/etc. set of adoptables? special adoptables for events? maybe take custom requests? other?)
[b]How active are you?[/b] (if I hire you, what kind of time frame are you working on?)

ImageImage Image
I will be offering contracts to anyone I believe will make nice-looking adoptables and will be able to work well with me. Think of this sort of like a job offer!
I may also buy individual designs from you if I like an idea, but you aren't quite at the place I need to be offered a contract.
This will be an on-going contest!
Last edited by stormy tom on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
He/They
Art by me
stormy tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quollion Artist Search

Postby CaptainRon » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:08 pm

I would like to try out for guest artist, but I really hate using Oekaki. Is there anyway I could get a .psd file, and color it that way?
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stormy tom » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I don't really want to give out .psd's to anyone until I am absolutely sure I want that person as an artist ^^ I would much prefer if you used this program, since it ensures me that you can draw your own designs. I understand it's not the easiest program to use and will be judging everything with that understanding.
I would very much prefer people to use this, which is why I set up the contest on oekaki instead of putting it up on the main thread with a .psd to download.
but I will think about it <3 (I am very particular about my set-ups lol)
He/They
Art by me
stormy tom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:45 pm