Rabbit Owner Chat V.2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What do you have rabbits for?

I don't own a rabbit (YET!)
28%
My rabbits are companion pets!
48%
I raise show rabbits!
10%
I use rabbits as a food source
6%
I use them for wool! *starts knitting*
3%
Other...
5%

Total votes : 432

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat V.2 - FRESH! :)

Postby FayrinPhoenix » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:46 pm

~~~

Hello! I own a giant checkered rabbit named Uno, and she is a bit crazy. Ever since I got her, she never let me hold her. I have been practicing trying to hold her and I am being as gentle as possible. She always lets me pet her, and she even licks my hand from time to time. I am unsure of what to do to get her more comfortable with me trying to hold her. Does anyone have any tips?

~~~
FayrinPhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:29 pm

xashmoox wrote:
~~~

Hello! I own a giant checkered rabbit named Uno, and she is a bit crazy. Ever since I got her, she never let me hold her. I have been practicing trying to hold her and I am being as gentle as possible. She always lets me pet her, and she even licks my hand from time to time. I am unsure of what to do to get her more comfortable with me trying to hold her. Does anyone have any tips?

~~~

hold firmly, prepare for kicking. lol sit down and put her in your lap if you can. big rabbits do make it a little harder. lol offer her treats to coax her into being your best friend. hahaha

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian
🐰 Beau . Davey . Juniper . Sorren

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Its finally happening! I will be getting a bunny! I will most likely be getting a Netherland dwarf or Holland lop. Name ideas? I'm not sure if girl or boy yet so you can give me both gender names! I currently love Scout, Sloane, Mabel, Beryl and Iris.
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

rose.bloom wrote:Its finally happening! I will be getting a bunny! I will most likely be getting a Netherland dwarf or Holland lop. Name ideas? I'm not sure if girl or boy yet so you can give me both gender names! I currently love Scout, Sloane, Mabel, Beryl and Iris.

yay! congrats!
I love the name scout. and it can go for both genders. lol
my best friend has a dog named scout. :D

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:27 am

Hey yall, so i would like some advice from you experienced breeders out there. What is the latest age it would be safe to breed a doe? I'm currently considering breeding my havana doe to another havana, shes a 4-H bun and I show her. Shes about four years old. I would like to get some good show buns from her, but I dont want to breed her if shes too old. thanks!
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 am

Has she ever had a litter before? Or is she a maiden doe? When was her last litter if she has had one?
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _breezy_star_ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:12 pm

RabbitFluffy wrote:Hey yall, so i would like some advice from you experienced breeders out there. What is the latest age it would be safe to breed a doe? I'm currently considering breeding my havana doe to another havana, shes a 4-H bun and I show her. Shes about four years old. I would like to get some good show buns from her, but I dont want to breed her if shes too old. thanks!

What .Middy. asked are good questions.

The oldest I've ever bred a doe who had never had a litter before was 2 years old. I did that twice with success. A 4 year old that has never had a litter before, might present more complications though. If she has had litters before, then 4 can be an ok age to be producing. :) So let us know her history, if you know it! :)

- ANIMAL MOMMY -
🐶 Ginger . Brody
🐱 Kieran . Delaney . Ian
🐭 Dorian

ImageImage Image
_breezy_star_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 pm

rose.bloom wrote:Its finally happening! I will be getting a bunny! I will most likely be getting a Netherland dwarf or Holland lop. Name ideas? I'm not sure if girl or boy yet so you can give me both gender names! I currently love Scout, Sloane, Mabel, Beryl and Iris.

Aw, congrats! I love the name Scout, agreeing with Breezy.
Also, just sayin', my bunny Aura is a Netherlands Dwarf, and they are wonderful! I will be showing some pictures soon!
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kainé » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:06 am

_breezy_star_ wrote:
RabbitFluffy wrote:Hey yall, so i would like some advice from you experienced breeders out there. What is the latest age it would be safe to breed a doe? I'm currently considering breeding my havana doe to another havana, shes a 4-H bun and I show her. Shes about four years old. I would like to get some good show buns from her, but I dont want to breed her if shes too old. thanks!

What .Middy. asked are good questions.

The oldest I've ever bred a doe who had never had a litter before was 2 years old. I did that twice with success. A 4 year old that has never had a litter before, might present more complications though. If she has had litters before, then 4 can be an ok age to be producing. :) So let us know her history, if you know it! :)

She has never had a litter as far as I know, i've owned her since she was about 10 weeks old and she was still with her sister when we bought her from a breeder. thats mostly why im asking this, thank you though!
Kainé

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey!
Have't posted here In awhile c:
Last time I was here, I was posting about
How Dixie, And Benidict where adopted before i could get to them.
But Now I am Happily saying that I got 2 Babies!
Willow, And Lola! They are mini Lops c:
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me