Poncho Pals Character Development Contest [Closed]

Find a competition to enter your artwork in, or create an art competition for others!
Forum rules
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Poncho Pals Character Development Contest [Closed]

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

Poncho Pals Winter Character Development Contest

This contest will end on January 30th unless otherwise decided to extend.

Hello everyone and welcome to Poncho Pal's very first contest!
You all have had some time to really enjoy and work on your Poncho Pals, and I hope you have been! If not, why not spend these Winter Months spending some time doing so?

Special thanks to our archivist, krazykitty00, for coming up with the idea for this contest!

Introduction

So, what is this contest about?

This contest is for Poncho Pal Owners who own at least one Poncho Pal, and for those who wish to take their Poncho Pals a bit further and properly develop them as characters!
Individuals who participate will be given a prize for completed forms; and a few select individuals will receive top prizes for the best completed forms!

Your job entering this contest is to create a development thread / archive (via Toyhou.se or the Character Storage forum) and thoroughly flesh out your Poncho Pals to the best of your abilities!

Rules

• You are allowed to commission artwork!
  • At least 50% of your required writing must be from you! You are allowed to commission the other 50%
  • You will not receive an entry prize just for entering!
  • You can only enter using a Poncho Pal you own, which means that you cannot enter if you do not own a Poncho Pal.
  • You and I both hate codewords, but it needs to be done. Please include the codeword 'cheeseballs' in the other part of your form.
  • You must keep all art, writing, and related extras ChickenSmoothie friendly.
  • You are not required to enter in with Poncho Pals that you are currently trying to readopt.
  • You are, however, required to enter in additional Poncho Pals you win over the course of the contest.

How To Enter

Firstly, create an archive via toyhou.se or the Character Storageforums.
You can use your existing Poncho Pal thread, but it must be a thread soley dedicated to your Poncho Pal(s).
You can create separate forums for each Poncho Pal if you prefer, especially in the upper tier where separating your content will help me judge it a lot better.

Secondly, fill this form out!

Code: Select all
username;
Tier Entering;
Links to ALL Poncho Pals Owned;
Link(s) to Poncho Pal Contest Thread: (If it's a WIP it's okay, I still like to see)
Additional Questions / Notes:
Other:

Post with your form ON THIS THREAD, and then get to work! Please post AGAIN WHEN YOU'RE DONE so I can give you your entry prize!
Last edited by kiwipen on Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Contest Placeholder

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

Before we begin, I would like to say that it is highly recommended you create your own Character Storage post just for this contest. You are also welcome to use toyhou.se.

Tier 1: The Basics

Whether you don't have a lot of time to invest in your Poncho Pals, or simply have too many to make a solid dent in it, this tier is for people who want to participate, and only have time to put in the bare minimum of the effort required to participate!

Requirements;
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a background of at least four hundred words.
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a personality of at least four hundred words.
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must create at least one small short story that includes them. This can involve their background, personality, or other elements.

Extras:
Extras act as boosters to your form and entry.
  • Prettying up your form with color, alignment, or other basic coding techniques will bolster your chances of winning the prize for this tier.
  • You are allowed up to three extras for this; extras can be in the form of playlists (max. four songs), moodboards, or artwork!
  • You are allowed unlimited extras in the form of the written word; meaning, you are allowed to go crazy with writing.

Tier 2: Breaking Out The Pen & Paper

This tier will require you to work significantly harder than the previous tier; you can work with others at this tier, if you'd like.

Requirements:
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a background of at least six hundred words.
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a personality of at least six hundred words.*
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must create at least one short story that includes them. This can involve their background, personality, or other elements.
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must have at least one piece of artwork of them that is not their original adopt sheet.
  • You can replace a piece of artwork with another six hundred word short story.
* You are allowed to use short story to characterize them, as well as poetry, or other forms of characterization in order to portray the Poncho's Personality across.

• Prettying up your form with color, alignment, columns, or other basic intermediate techniques will bolster your chances of winning the prize for this tier.
  • You are allowed up to five extras for this; extras can be in the form of playlists (max. seven songs), moodboards, or artwork!
  • You are allowed unlimited extras in the form of the written word; meaning, you are allowed to go crazy with writing.

Tier 3: Breaking Your Keyboard

This tier is the last stop before the God Tier prize rung. It will require significant amounts of time, writing, and effort put forth towards your Poncho Pals.

Requirements:

• For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a background of at least a thousand words.*
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a personality of at least a thousandwords.**
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must create at least two short stories of 600 words each that includes them. This can involve their background, personality, or other elements.
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must have at least one piece of artwork of them that is not their original adopt sheet.
*You are allowed to use a short story / multiple short stories to create a background instead.
**You are allowed to use short story to characterize them, as well as poetry, or other forms of characterization in order to portray the Poncho's Personality across.

• Prettying up your form with advanced coding techniques (pixels, advanced columns, etc.) will bolster your chances of winning the top prize.
  • You are allowed up to five extras for this; extras can be in the form of playlists (max. seven songs), moodboards, or artwork!

God Tier: The Ultimate Prize

Do not enter this Tier unless you are prepared to go all-out; it's an all-or nothing tier, and for good reason. See the Prize Post for what winning this tier will earn you.

Requirements:

• For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a background of at least 1500 words.*
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must provide a personality of at least a 1500 words.**
  • For every Poncho Pal you own, you must create at least two short stories of 800 words each that includes them. This can involve their background, personality, or other elements.
  • You must have at least one of your Poncho Pals have a relationship with another member's.
  • This relationship can be platonic, paternal, or romantic, but you must provide a small story about them.
  • Additionally, the two of them should have artwork together -- one will suffice.
  • You are allowed to collaborate with the other PP owner for this.
*You are allowed to use a short story / multiple short stories to create a background instead.
**You are allowed to use short story to characterize them, as well as poetry, or other forms of characterization in order to portray the Poncho's Personality across.

• Prettying up your form with advanced coding techniques (pixels, advanced columns, etc.) will bolster your chances of winning the top prize.
  • You are allowed UNLIMITED extras for this; extras can be in the form of playlists (no max), moodboards, or artwork!
Last edited by kiwipen on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:04 am

Poe's Prize Corner
For your hard work and dedication to proving how much you love your Poncho Pals, Poe will be giving out prizes!
Everyone who enters* will win a prize.
Not everyone who enters will win the top prize of the Tier.
Entering for God Tier forfeits your right to an Entry Prize, but God Tier has the ultimate Prize at stake.
Entry prizes are granted when your form is completed to 90% --- edits thereafter are allowed, but I will not be giving out prizes just for saying you're entering, and then not doing it.

Tier 1 Prizes
Everyone who enters Tier 1 is entitled to;
5 C$

The top prize for winning the Tier 1 contest is;
Your choice of item from the Empoerium (excluding Golden Orbs)

Tier 2 Prizes
Everyone who enters Tier 2 is entitled to;
10 C$

The top prize for winning the Tier 2 contest is;
Your choice of a MYO Ticket, or a Mystery Orb + Stardust in A Bottle

Tier 3 Prizes
Everyone who enters Tier 3 is entitled to;
15 C$

One of each item from the Empoerium (excluding Golden Orb)
OR
$10 Store Credit.

God Tier Prizes

God Tier has no entitled prizes, however, the prize for God Tier is as follows;

100 C$
+
Custom Ticket + $15 Store Credit (excluding Golden Orb)
OR
$20 Store Credit (you can buy Golden Orb with this)
Three pixels of your ponchos from myself and/or NuggetSeb.
Last edited by kiwipen on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:04 am

Other Notes / Helpful Links

This will be filled in as I need it.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Poncho Pals Character Development Contest [OPEN]

Postby Casperphobia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:01 am

username; Pitch1226
Tier Entering; God Tier (help me)
Links to ALL Poncho Pals Owned; Gwydion, Sarka, Locket and Twist, Hikari, Lue and Level, Kit, Zephora and Nevity, Rift
Link(s) to Poncho Pal Archive / Competition Thread; Here
Other: cheeseballs OwO
Last edited by Casperphobia on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 am

Pitch1226 wrote:username; Pitch1226
Tier Entering; God Tier (help me)
Links to ALL Poncho Pals Owned; Gwydion, Sarka, Locket and Twist, Hikari, Lue and Level, Kit, Zephora and Nevity, Rift
Link(s) to Poncho Pal Archive / Competition Thread; Gwydion, others are not yet in archive
Other: cheeseballs OwO

Hey there! Welcome to the competition! For clarification, I need a link to the post you are using to enter in this contest (for the archive/ comp thread, not the actual archive links)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:51 am

Oh! Apologies! That is a work in progress ^^"
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:01 am

Pitch1226 wrote:Oh! Apologies! That is a work in progress ^^"

It's okay if it's a WIP :D I still like to look. It gives me soemthing fun to look forward to.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:32 am

reygankiwi wrote:
Pitch1226 wrote:Oh! Apologies! That is a work in progress ^^"

It's okay if it's a WIP :D I still like to look. It gives me soemthing fun to look forward to.

In that case, I updated it ^u^
Casperphobia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friggin' foxes » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:02 am

Username; 9TailedFox
Tier Entering; God Tier
Links to ALL Poncho Pals Owned; None
Link(s) to Poncho Pal Archive / Competition Thread; None
Additional Questions / Notes: I will obtain a poncho pal, so this is kindda just a mark. Haha.
Other: I need coffee.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes