Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {20 Support

Postby falchion » Tue May 12, 2015 5:21 am

support!
falchion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {20 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Tue May 12, 2015 5:22 am

Up
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support

Postby Kiyomice » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 pm

I hope this is added. Suggestions are my biggest pet peeve.
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenturo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Support ~

░░
    i promise
    ────────────────────────────
    l
    tenturo
    she / her
    gemini
    ⋯ ⋯⋯⋯⋯
    i am
    ⋯⋯⋯⋯ ⋯
    pansexual
    infp-t
    active
    ┌─── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ─┐
    [url]comms[/url] ⋅ kalscredit ⋅ [url]n/a[/url] ⋅ to-do

└─ ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ── ───┘
    '┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    '│─ ── ││ ── ─│
    '└─ ── ── ── ─┘
    ███
    ███
    ┌─ ── ── ── ─┐
    │─ ── ││ ── ─│
    └─ ── ── ── ─┘

'───────────────────────────────'
    worthy!!lxworthy!!
    [ ─`;.-' TO HOLD ─ ]l
    ┌ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┐
    you matter
    sleepy
    pms open <3
    comms open
    └ ┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄ ┘
    ── in your ───
    [`arms.❜'

tenturo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:48 am

Just being the odd one out here.. but I don't like this idea.

Say I were to turn off the option to send suggestions and a newbie sent me a trade with newborn zebra they got by chance for my blue rose, for example. They, being new, probably have no idea what it is they have and what it is worth, and by sending a trade and not a suggestion, aren't they then at risk? Because I could easily accept that and they'd never have had the chance to talk about the trade first.

I always felt that the suggestion option was a safety measure, something that allows two players to discuss the trade and negotiate to make it good for them both, if you can't do that then that in a way takes out the vital communication between trading partners and the safety net if you're unsure. I am aware that you can PM to discuss, but a lot of people also get angry when they're sent messages about trades, which is silly because we're not all telepathic. XP

I know people hate suggestions, but really, they're very important to most users? I find nothing wrong with them, and I don't get why others do? Does it kill you to take a few minutes to edit a trade and help someone who is wary or uncertain out? Even the common 'what for this' trades, I send trades like that because I worry that the user values their pet differently to how I do and I don't want to offer too under or too over, and even then I risk them snapping at me for dare asking for a moment of their time, which has happened numerous times.

I'm sorry, I just think it's a bad idea. ._.
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:05 am

everyone's making really good points, both for and against this idea, but imma just support it so i can stop seeing "DO NOT SEND ME SUGGESTIONS!!!!!" in bright, eyebleeding colors in trade rules
female - heterosexual - slytherin - extrovert - AFJROTC color guardImage
Hi, I'm Danny, a moody teenager who one days wants to be an MP/MWD handler in the  . I enjoy Camp Camp, Harry Potter, South Park, Rick and Morty, roleplaying, Hunter Avallone, Big Mouth, SVTFOE, Miraculous Ladybug, and of course, cadences. Don't be afraid to PM me or send me a trade at any time.
favorite cadence - haha yes
mood; heartbroken

days until surgery: 2

days until christmas: 8

SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:51 am

myth + destiny wrote:Just being the odd one out here.. but I don't like this idea.

Say I were to turn off the option to send suggestions and a newbie sent me a trade with newborn zebra they got by chance for my blue rose, for example. They, being new, probably have no idea what it is they have and what it is worth, and by sending a trade and not a suggestion, aren't they then at risk? Because I could easily accept that and they'd never have had the chance to talk about the trade first.

I always felt that the suggestion option was a safety measure, something that allows two players to discuss the trade and negotiate to make it good for them both, if you can't do that then that in a way takes out the vital communication between trading partners and the safety net if you're unsure. I am aware that you can PM to discuss, but a lot of people also get angry when they're sent messages about trades, which is silly because we're not all telepathic. XP

I know people hate suggestions, but really, they're very important to most users? I find nothing wrong with them, and I don't get why others do? Does it kill you to take a few minutes to edit a trade and help someone who is wary or uncertain out? Even the common 'what for this' trades, I send trades like that because I worry that the user values their pet differently to how I do and I don't want to offer too under or too over, and even then I risk them snapping at me for dare asking for a moment of their time, which has happened numerous times.

I'm sorry, I just think it's a bad idea. ._.

I think I've kind of covered this in the main post, but the "What for this" trades are really, really annoying to some people, particularly when you get flooded with them. Sure it might seem like "it's only a few minutes" but when I was actively trading, I would get sometimes 20-30 of these sorts of trades and that adds up quickly. And almost without a doubt whenever I got one of those trades it was a) someone who had nothing of value but somehow wanted my mainlist UR lion b) someone who wanted me to add one of my locked pets, usually a raven dog with yet another 'I know it says NFT but I'm clearly the exception because...." or c) someone who wanted to "see what I would offer" and on the rare offchance it's something I actually want, they'd almost always cancel after I sent a trade back because I didn't read their mind.

I can count on one hand the amount of times a suggestion I got sent actually went anywhere. Instead they were always huge time sinks where people expected me to read their minds for what they wanted instead of actually putting in effort to form a fair trade. And while I understand where you're coming from that you might feel more comfortable sending those, in the end the solution to this issue is that people who don't want them get the ability to turn them off, and you just don't trade with people who turn them off if you aren't comfortable forming a trade without them. Simple and easy, people get to not have those huge time sinks and you don't have to trade with people who didn't want to trade that way anyways.

And I do get the part of newbie risk, but I highly doubt that turning off suggestions would really impact the risk of that sort of thing. Newbies are always at risk of sending unfair trades, a ninjaing will always be a thing. Heck I once had a newbie send me a trade (not a suggestion) with a UR cat on their side after the go-back advent and nothing on my side asking me for one of my raven dogs in exchange (which were locked). Newbies will always be at risk until they learn their way around the site, and allowing people that don't want suggestions to be allowed that really won't be affecting much.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:07 am

Support, if I haven't already!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 pm

I don't support this, sorry.
It doesn't take that long to cancel with a "Read my rules" or "I don't like suggestions".

For the "what will you offer for this" problem, people could just add a pet on your side so it's not a free pet for you (with regular trades). (If that makes sense)

I would really prefer something with items, like item groups or something. c:

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Guitars, Cadillacs -
Dwight Yoakam
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eagle's Eye » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm

Support! I really hope this gets added.

Yes it doesn't take a long time to cancel with "Read my rules", but there are people who would get mad if you do that. Neither side would have to get upset if there was an option to disable suggestions completely.

hi
    hi
    hi

SEEK WHAT SETS -
    YOUR SOUL ON FIRE

┌─────────┐

Chinese | GMT+8
    full time foodie
    fire type pkmn! :>

└─────────┘
    FR sales / about me / credit
    Eagle's Eye