Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby SunRaes » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 am

I personally think that all animals deserve rights. I must say that I do not disagree with Pitbulls being illegal in certain regions, though. I only say this because they are bred to fight and attack. I am NOT blaming them- they are lovely pets if raised properly.
I wouldn't feel safe around a pitbull terrier- whether it was my friend's dog, or even my own (if I had one). I do, however, believe in animal rights, and think that every creature should be given a chance.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:30 am

Don't really see what point you're trying to make Luzien, but okay I guess lol. I do not support animal rights, an animal should never have all of the rights that a human has. I am all for animal welfare, there is a huge difference. This isn't really the thread for 'oh humans are animals too', this is a thread for discussing pitbulls.

Code: Select all
How do you guys feel about APBTs as gaurd dogs?

I honestly don't know. They are said to be very lousy gaurd dogs because of how friendly they are, but this is in the situation that the dog is trained to be a gaurd dog and to attack intruders. Would pleasing the owner/doing what its been trained to do override instinct??
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Luzien wrote:
halogen. wrote:Yup, I get where you're coming from.
As long as the dogs were properly hydrated and not overworked, what's the issue? And why in the world would a museum of all places participate in illegal activities?!

I don't agree with animal rights at all, animals are animals and that's it. They don't need the same rights as humans. Supporters claim they hate violence but regularly threaten people with it, and I've never in my life seen a peaceful animal rights protest.

so please tell me why a dog or any animal does not deserve animal rights/protection by the law??

after modern study where they show how much more emotional animal are...they (like dogs) can often see how you feel and will react to it(most), intelligence,ability to learn,outwit its prey,social organization(look at this wild dog in russia who travel with train and such to get food and then go home) and so on a dog (and other animal) are i would be even more careful when you say they are only animal...we all deserve and need rights and protection! (even more so when you write in a forum where it goes about pitbulls and other dogs like them, whose owner fight for the right of there nice not dangerous dogs) so please dont take me wrong, but im for rights for all living beings ;)

Animals do deserve protection, that's animal welfare, but they don't need rights. They don't need to be in possession of every aspect of their lives, most domesticated dogs do not do well without humans. If you leave a dog to it's own devices, it's not going to be properly socialized or trained, it's not going to fit into the human world. You need to take control of their lives because they're dependent on us.
-

How do you guys feel about APBTs as guard dogs?
I don't think they'd be particularly good at guarding property, just too damn happy and social. I've seen them excel at IPO though, so they could totally keep their owners safe. They're so sharp and eager to please, any sport really they do great at, including Schutzhund. I think they can also make good watchdogs, cause a lot of them never shut up, haha. Their barking could definitely alert to an intruder.

Edit: Oh shoot guys, Thompson's Hustleman died last night from gastrointestinal issues. I'm pretty heartbroken, I been watching him for so long. Say what you will about Thompson's Kennels, but Hustleman was a wonderful dog gone too soon. I would love to own a dog like him one day.

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 pm

I'll keep my opinions about Thompson's Kennels to myself, but R.I.P!! Good looking dog right there!!

Found an ad in CL:
Only funny thing about this post is that the dog's name is Hitler.

I didn't make this, but look how accurate it is!!

taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:04 pm

^ Accurate, also I can't stop thinking about how beautiful that white dog is, haha.

Also, I never thought I'd say the words "poor Hitler" but poor guy.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 pm

maninkari wrote:^ Accurate, also I can't stop thinking about how beautiful that white dog is, haha.

Haha, same! As a Jew, I'd never thought I would think that, but here I am!

Also, not pit related, but have you seen some basset hound legs? Only breed that can go toe to toe with badly bred AmBullies in the battle of Carpus Valgus, literally!!
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:01 pm

halogen. wrote:
maninkari wrote:^ Accurate, also I can't stop thinking about how beautiful that white dog is, haha.

Haha, same! As a Jew, I'd never thought I would think that, but here I am!

Also, not pit related, but have you seen some basset hound legs? Only breed that can go toe to toe with badly bred AmBullies in the battle of Carpus Valgus, literally!!

Dude, speaking of Carpus Valgus, I saw this BBM at the shelter who's legs were constantly turned out at a 90 degree angle. They never turned in. I didn't know it could get that bad, especially in mutts who are completely normal otherwise. I can't find his picture now, so he must've been euthanized or adopted, but it was crazy.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm

BBM?

That baffles me, the whole 'mutts are healthier thing', because mutts derive from purebreds.
And unlike purebreds, who will genetically have just one or a couple breed specific health problems, mutts can have a whole plethora of them, just based off of what mix they are? And if every purebred breed has at least one or two issues it is prone too, wouldn't that make mutts less healthy since for each breed there are more possible health issues?

Haha, maybe I'm getting off track. ...

taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orchid.dreams » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Ooh there's a pit chat! Im surprised I've never seen this before.
I currently own a pitbull mix, husky x pitbull
Her name's Zahara and I would get a pic of her but I don't feel comfortable sharing pics, sorry!
orchid.dreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Unique.Potato wrote:Ooh there's a pit chat! Im surprised I've never seen this before.
I currently own a pitbull mix, husky x pitbull
Her name's Zahara and I would get a pic of her but I don't feel comfortable sharing pics, sorry!

Sounds like a handful, haha! Huskies are energetic puppers.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me