Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby taurus ; » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:13 pm

http://nypost.com/video/museum-bows-to- ... video/amp/

Hmm, what do you guys think of this?
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:51 pm

halogen. wrote:http://nypost.com/video/museum-bows-to-animal-rights-radicals-over-controversial-pit-bull-video/amp/

Hmm, what do you guys think of this?

I saw someone talking about that on Facebook, but they said it was an actual dog fighting video. Clearly the dogs aren't fighting in that video. Idk where the video originally came from, so I can't say whether they were fighting dogs afterward or not, but ik some people put their mills facing each other so the dogs have more motivation to run. I don't see a problem with it as long as you're still being careful not to overwork your dog.
Even if they were fighting, I don't like the fact that they were threatened with violence to take down their exhibit. The video was from 14 years ago, they museum was not participating in any illegal activities, and yet people felt the need to police them because they didn't like the contents of that video.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Yup, I get where you're coming from.
As long as the dogs were properly hydrated and not overworked, what's the issue? And why in the world would a museum of all places participate in illegal activities?!

I don't agree with animal rights at all, animals are animals and that's it. They don't need the same rights as humans. Supporters claim they hate violence but regularly threaten people with it, and I've never in my life seen a peaceful animal rights protest.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:24 am

I seen this yesterday on my facebook as well yesterday and checked it, I am kinda in the middle about it. I see where you are coming from but I believe we need to move away practices like that. I thinking facing the mills towards each other is kinda cruel considering the dog most likely isnt thinking 'oh its just to make me run faster and encourage me", the dog is most likely thinking "i want to get at this dog why am i not getting him im running as fast as i can". and knowing pits how tenacious they are and hard working, the dog is more likely to over exert itself thinking its running towards another dog in hopes of getting at him than just running on the mill alone. I personally wouldnt do it or condone doing it just because you risk the animal hurting itself. I didnt like it personally and this is all my personal opinion. im glad they removed it but not for the reason that they removed it, they should not have been threatened.
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby djfhdskjf » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:09 am

I love pit bulls! It is sad they are misunderstood animals though. :(
djfhdskjf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FenFen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 pm

I have a friend that I cant even talk to about it and I am in the UK we always argue about it he says in my eyes animals can do nothing wrong and it just makes me laugh I mean are we to treat them like humans? and if so wouldent we be able to ask there past? why they hit some one? how they feel? NO because its an animal and most people find it to troublesome to find out so they just put the animal down..... some times i wish they would treat humans like animals just to know how much they treat them like dirt when they think they are being fair.

And thats another thing that bothers me we are kind and loving when our animals are in pain we free them of it when there quality of life is to low or the amount of medication is to high to live a good life we free them of pain and yet a human is left to suffer.... how can we afford such kindness to others and yet not to our own?
Last edited by Ethulai on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not double post, just edit your original post.
Image Image
FenFen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:27 am

GUYS I FOUND A ROOSTER ON APBT ONLINE PEDS. This is too good omggg.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaraCO2013 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:00 pm

^^ LMAO omg !! How did you come across that??
SaraCO2013

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I was curious if gamefowls had pedigrees, cause I had an Old English Gamefowl rooster for a long time and I loved that lil guy and I'd totally get another one, rn I only have two hens left. That page just happened to be on the search results, lol. Chickens do not typically have pedigrees, btw, very rarely is their lineage tracked.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:48 am

halogen. wrote:Yup, I get where you're coming from.
As long as the dogs were properly hydrated and not overworked, what's the issue? And why in the world would a museum of all places participate in illegal activities?!

I don't agree with animal rights at all, animals are animals and that's it. They don't need the same rights as humans. Supporters claim they hate violence but regularly threaten people with it, and I've never in my life seen a peaceful animal rights protest.

i will answer some other things here later...but for now...something to this.
When you say animal dont deserve/need animal right...that is not really good thing to say...not very ...lets say it nice..it is not intelligent!!
Human by all rights are animal...so we dont deserve/nee rights and protection! :!:

about human:
Scientific classification e

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens
Binomial name: Homo sapiens

so to bring some light info
:
animalia:
Animals are eukaryotic, multicellular organisms that form the biological kingdom Animalia. With few exceptions, animals are motile (able to move), heterotrophic (consume organic material); they reproduce sexually, and their embryonic development includes a blastula stage. The body plan of the animal derives from this blastula, differentiating specialized tissues and organs as it develops; this plan eventually becomes fixed, although some undergo metamorphosis at some stage in their lives.

Zoology is the study of animals. Currently there are over 66 thousand (less than 5% of all animals) vertebrate species, and over 1.3 million (over 95% of all animals) invertebrate species in existence. Classification of animals into groups (taxonomy) is accomplished using either the hierarchical Linnaean system; or cladistics, which displays diagrams (phylogenetic trees) called cladograms to show relationships based on the evolutionary principle of the most recent common ancestor. Some recent classifications based on modern cladistics have explicitly abandoned the term "kingdom", noting that the traditional kingdoms are not monophyletic, i.e., do not consist of all the descendants of a common ancestor.

Animals are divided by body plan into vertebrates and invertebrates. Vertebrates—fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals—have a vertebral column (spine); invertebrates do not.
Animal phyla appeared in the fossil record as marine species during the Cambrian explosion, about 542 million years ago. Animals emerged as a clade within Apoikozoa as the sister group to the choanoflagellates

Etymology:
The word "animal" comes from the Latin animalis, meaning having breath, having soul or living being. The biological definition of the word refers to all members of the kingdom Animalia, encompassing creatures as diverse as sponges, jellyfish, insects, and humans. In everyday non-scientific usage, the word often implies exclusion of humans – that is, "animal" is used to refer only to non-human members of the kingdom Animalia; sometimes, only closer relatives of humans such as mammals and other vertebrates, are meant...but human are animal too.

Mammalia/Mammal:
Mammals are any vertebrates within the class Mammalia (/məˈmeɪli.ə/ from Latin mamma "breast"), a clade of endothermic amniotes distinguished from reptiles (including birds) by the possession of a neocortex (a region of the brain), hair, three middle ear bones, and mammary glands. Females of all mammal species nurse their young with milk, secreted from the mammary glands.

Mammals include the biggest animals on the planet, the great whales. The basic body type is a terrestrial quadruped, but some mammals are adapted for life at sea, in the air, in trees, underground or on two legs.
Some mammals are intelligent, with some possessing large brains, self-awareness and tool use. Mammals can communicate and vocalize in several different ways, including the production of ultrasound, scent-marking, alarm signals, singing, and echolocation. Mammals can organize themselves into fission-fusion societies, harems, and hierarchies, but can also be solitary and territorial. Most mammals are polygynous, but some can be monogamous or polyandrous.
The word "mammal" is modern, from the scientific name Mammalia coined by Carl Linnaeus in 1758, derived from the Latin mamma ("teat, pap"). In an influential 1988 paper, Timothy Rowe defined Mammalia phylogenetically as the crown group of mammals, the clade consisting of the most recent common ancestor of living monotremes (echidnas and platypuses) and therian mammals (marsupials and placentals) and all descendants of that ancestor
Many traits shared by all living mammals appeared among the earliest members of the Group.
The majority of mammals have seven cervical vertebrae (bones in the neck), including bats, giraffes, whales and humans. All mammalian brains possess a neocortex, a brain region unique to mammals
As in all other tetrapods, mammals have a larynx that can quickly open and close to produce sounds, and a supralaryngeal vocal tract which filters this sound. The lungs and surrounding musculature provide the air stream and pressure required to phonate. The larynx controls the pitch and volume of sound, but the strength the lungs exert to exhale also contributes to volume. More primitive mammals, such as the echidna, can only hiss, as sound is achieved solely through exhaling through a partially close larynx. Other mammals phonate using vocal folds, as opposed to the vocal cords seen in birds and reptiles. The movement or tenseness of the vocal folds can result in many sounds such as purring and screaming. Mammals can change the position of the larynx, allowing them to breathe through the nose while swallowing through the mouth, and to create both oral and nasal sounds; and fur, breeding/reproduction, behavior...., communication, intelligence,.....and i could go on for more h....

so please tell me why a dog or any animal does not deserve animal rights/protection by the law??

after modern study where they show how much more emotional animal are...they (like dogs) can often see how you feel and will react to it(most), intelligence,ability to learn,outwit its prey,social organization(look at this wild dog in russia who travel with train and such to get food and then go home) and so on a dog (and other animal) are i would be even more careful when you say they are only animal...we all deserve and need rights and protection! (even more so when you write in a forum where it goes about pitbulls and other dogs like them, whose owner fight for the right of there nice not dangerous dogs) so please dont take me wrong, but im for rights for all living beings ;)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me