| P U F F B I R D S | Back to School Event - Day 4

Come adopt or share user-created adoptable species here.
Forum rules
These adoptables are not official CS pets and cannot be added to your CS account.
Art theft is not tolerated here. Do not copy/trace/edit/use anybody's pictures without their express permission.
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Once-off adoptables belong in Character Sales and Design Shops: Forum/viewforum.php?f=69

What do you think the next new mutation should be?

Head mutation
45%
Eye mutation
35%
Mouth mutation
20%

Total votes : 83

| P U F F B I R D S | Back to School Event - Day 4

Postby Chicken Bron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:18 pm

ImageImage

Puffbirds are little, bird-like creatures. They have a round, fluffy body and thin twiggy legs. Most Puffbirds don't have wings at all, making their only form of transport, running. Their diet mainly consists of insects, seeds and worms, but some are known to snack on fruit and leaves. Puffbirds tend to be very noisy and active, and love cuddles. Puffbirds come in many different shapes and colours, and have a wide range of features, some rarer than others. You can put your Puffbirds in your CS signature, you can breed them and you can send them out to explore!
    Each Puffbird is unique, so no two Puffbirds will look exactly the same.
    There are many ways to get these little critters, the main way to obtain Puffbirds is to adopt them from broods. Broods are groups of Puffbirds that are free for anyone to adopt, but there are always rules to obtaining one. Some are raffles, some are FCFS (First Come First Served), some require writing. Broods aren't released at any set time, so make sure to check the Puffbird center every day for any new items and broods!
    Different features have different rarites. Green text mutations are common, yellow uncommon and red rare.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Single feathered crest ---- Double feathered crest ---- Triple feathered crest ---- Single antenna ---- Double antenna

ImageImage

Leaf crest ---- Antlers

ImageImageImageImage

Fairywren tail --- Fox tail --- Fan tail --- Peacock tail

ImageImageImageImage

Bug wings ---- Small feathered wings ---- Medium feathered wings ---- Large feathered wings

Here is a list of rules that are required to be followed;
  • All site rules apply.
  • Don't complain if you don't get what you want, you can always try next time!
  • Puffbirds are a closed species, so you cannot make your own. You can although buy customs, to get your very own personal customised Puffbird.
  • Do not sell or give away any Puffbirds you own without my permission. If you want to do so please PM me.
  • Trading Puffbirds with other players is accepted, but make sure to let me know if you do, and make sure I accept the transaction.
  • With FCFS broods, you're not allowed to reserve Puffbirds, so that means saying stuff like "Can I get the next Puffbird that comes out?" or, "Can I have Puffbird 1? If not then can I have Puffbird 3?" this defeats the purpose of a FCFS brood and isn't really fair to everyone else who is adopting.
  • Also with FCFS broods, you are not allowed to post blank adoption forms and them edit them later! I have my team of staff looking out for these kinds of things, so if you think you can get away with it, think again! If you, however, get caught, don't worry. You won't be banned or anything! You'll just get a simple warning.
  • You cannot trade any Puffbirds, Puffpoms or Puffbird items for real CS pets.
  • Refunds for trading real CS pets are allowed, but only lasts two days max.
  • If you buy from the shop using Puffpoms, refunds are accepted.
  • If you want to become a staff member, PM me and I'll see what I can do ^^
  • You may roleplay as/with a Puffbird, but if you're roleplaying as a Puffbird make sure you own it.
  • Puffbirds don't have true genders, so any Puffbird can breed with any other Puffbird.
  • The same person cannot obtain more than one Puffbird per litter.
  • You are only allowed to display your own Puffbirds and official Puffbird stamps on other sites.
  • If you have anything to ask, feel free to PM me!

Spread the word! Put these stamps anywhere!
    Image ImageImage
    Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/rbvik3K.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/O64bCjJ.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/zkgs395.gif[/img][/url]

Welcome to the 2017 Back to School event! I'm Mrs Hootingale, and I'll be here until the 8th of September, when the event ends! There will be new items and pets every day, so check often! Now remember, you may only get one Puffbird a day from this event.
For school you need school supplies, here are some textbooks and a pencil for you, just fill in the form and post to get the items.
ImageImage
[center][color=#BF4040][size=150][b]I want some items![/b][/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Items:[/b] Textbooks, pencil[/center]

The next subject is Music!

Open

[center][img]http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/414f21e3-8d57-11e7-b387-1f58a62fc6a3.gif[/img]
[size=150][b][color=#804040]I want to adopt a Puffbird![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Puffbird name:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to adopt this Puffbird?[/b][/center]

ImageImage
Hi again! I'm finding stuff all over the place I just can't keep it all! I'm even being given free stuff, please, take it!

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/QDOtH5V.png[/img][/center]
[center][color=#BF4040][size=150][b]I want an item![/b][/size][/color][/center]
[b]Items:[/b] Ruler

You were in art class and spotted this little guy following you, why don't you take him home?
Open

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/qo576vF.png[/img]

Hi hi! I'm doing a survey of what are the favourite subjects of everyone in the school, whats your favourite school subject? I'll add more categories if needed, you don't have to choose one from here!

Maths:
- SleepyAngel

English:
- Panthers_are_cool

Sport/PE:

Art:
- Chicken Bron
- littlemissjazzy3
- FluffyFog
- ~Autumn Fox~

History:
- This_random_person

Music:
- Sashtato

Science:
- f1owercrown

Language:
(French, latin, madarin etc.)
- Grey_Hoodie
- Sashtato

Drama:
- Sashtato

[b]Fave school subject:[/b]

The canteen is selling Fairy Floss?

Taken

[center][img]http://piskel-imgstore-b.appspot.com/img/0dbca870-8d60-11e7-a39b-1f58a62fc6a3.gif[/img]

It looks like you liked the gum I gave you last time! I have some more, here ya go!
ImageImage

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/IN1No12.png[/img][/center]
[center][color=#BF4040][size=150][b]I want an item![/b][/size][/color][/center]
[b]Items:[/b] Mint bubblegum

Mrs Hootingale, brush Puffbird, female student and male student Puffbirds drawn by Corgii. Fairy Floss Puffbird and Music Puffbird drawn my GALAXEH. Pencil item, textbooks item, Blue puffbird in a beanie, bubblegum item, ruler item drawn by Chicken Bron.

A new brood is out and once again, it's FCFS (First Come First Served)! This brood is called 'Lava' and was done by Chicken Bron. (me) You may only adopt one, and if you have adopted a Puffbird from the Back to School event, you may not adopt one here and vice versa.
In case you missed the rules, here are the ones regarding FCFS broods! You're not allowed to reserve Puffbirds, so that means saying stuff like "Can I get the next Puffbird that comes out?" or, "Can I have Puffbird 1? If not can I have Puffbird 3?" this defeats the purpose of a FCFS brood and isn't really fair to everyone else who is adopting!
You are also not allowed to post blank forms and them edit them later! I have my team of staff looking out for these kinds of things, so if you think you can get away with it, think again! If you, however, get caught, don't worry. You won't be banned or anything! You'll just get a simple warning :)

[center][b][size=150][color=#BF4040]I want to adopt a Puffbird![/color][/size][/b][/center]
[b]Brood: [/b]Lava
[b]Puffbird number:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to adopt this Puffbird?[/b]

Puffbird 1: bricakes
Puffbird 2: Jayfeather's Stick
Puffbird 3: SleepyAngel
Puffbird 4: f1owercrown
Puffbird 5: Catskitten

Image#1Image#2Image#3
Image#4Image#5

"Hey? What's this little guy doing here by himself?"
"Oh, I see! They want to find a new home!"
"Well then, tell me about yourself little one."

Write a backstory and make up a portfolio for this Puffbird! Whoever's writing has the most creativity, originality and detail will win this Puffbird! I'll also judge the stories by their connection with the Puffbirds appearance, and what you choose to name them. Give reason and meaning to their name, as this is a story about them after all!
The runner-ups will get Puffpoms other prizes. Ist Place will get the Puffbird (duh) 2nd place will get a custom egg, 3rd place will get 70 Puffpoms and 4th will get 40 Puffpoms.
Only one entry per person, but as many people can enter! Entries will be open until the 12th of September, so I advise to get writing! You are allowed to edit your writing after you post it, but only for little things like correcting punctuation and adding detail. You aren't allowed change up the whole story after it's been done.

Fill in this form and post it to enter! This specific form doesn't have to be used, you can use a totally different form if you desire, but all the needed information must still be on there. You are also allowed to edit the format form.
center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3RQGXmf.png[/img][/center]
[center][size=120][i]Write to adopt[/i][/size]
{Insert username here}[/center]
[center][size=150][b][color=#BF4040]{Insert Puffbird name here}[/color][/b][/size]
{Insert meaning for name, why it was chosen etc}[/center]
[center][size=85]{Insert backstory text here}[/size][/center]

It should look like this:

Write to adopt
{Insert username here}

{Insert Puffbird name here}
{Insert meaning for name, why it was chosen etc}

{Insert backstory text here}

Entires list

|Nannernanner07|Entry|29th August|

|redwolf466|Entry|29th August|

|lill turtle|Entry|29th August|

|Sashtato|Entry|29th August|

|GummiiBirdii|Entry 30th August|

|Panthers_are_cool|Entry 31st August|

|ilikefruits|Entry 1st September|

|SkyeTheKeeper1|Entry 1st September|

|littlemissjazzy3|Entry 3rd September|

Welcome to the shop! We sell potions and custom eggs for Puffbirds. The currency we use here is Puffpoms. To get Puffpoms, you can exchange CS pets for different amounts depending on the pet. When exchanging pets for Puffpoms, in the trade make sure to clearly state that you want to receive Puffpms in return. You must say something along the lines of, 'Exchanging pets for Puffpoms.' When buying items, please fill out this form;

[b][size=150][center][color=#BF4040]I want to buy an item![/color][/center][/size][/b]
[b]Do you have enough Puffpoms to buy the item?[/b]
[b]Item name:[/b]
[b]Anything else?[/b]

Pets

Unknown rarity = 8 Image
Omgsc = 1 Image
Very common = 2 Image
Common = 5 Image
Uncommon = 10 Image
Rare = 200 Image
Very rare = 800 Image
Omgsr = Unlimited Image

Bonuses

1 C$ = +40 Image
Wishlist items = +30 Image
Wishlist pets = +20 Image
2013 = +2 Image
2010 - 2011 = +15 Image
2008 - 2009 = +25 Image

Breeding Potion | Cost: 20 Image

This potion can make any two Puffbirds breed, and have between two and four one and two offspring. The amount of offspring is determined randomly with a dice roll. The two Puffbirds selected must both be your own and breeding your Puffbirds with another users is forbidden, even with their permission. The offspring will be added to your account. Puffbirds can breed for an unlimited amount of times. The potion is used up in one breeding.

Sparkle Potion | Cost: 10 Image

When activated, the potion will make any Puffbird give off a sparkle effect.

Snowdust Potion | Cost: 15 Image

Similar to the Sparkle Potion, the Snowdust Potion will make any Puffbird emit tiny snowflakes.

Heart Cherry Bunch | Cost: 25 Image

If you feed these cherries to a breeding Puffbird pair, it will speed up their breeding by two days! This can only be used once on a breeding pair and it has to be used while the pair is in a nest. You don't have to buy two for each Puffbird, just buy one bunch for two.

Hyper Cherry Bunch | Cost: 25 Image

Feeding a bunch of these cherries to an exploring Puffbird will make them go hyper, and will speed up their exploring time by two days! You may only use these Hyper Cherries once on a single exploring trip.

To get a custom Puffbird you must purchase a 'Custom Egg' which costs 1 rare CS pet. When the custom is made, you will loose the Custom Egg. Commons features are free, while uncommon features cost an extra 10 20 Puffpoms, and rare features cost 20 40.
New! This is a new rule that has been added to make it fair for everyone, and that is only one custom egg may be purchased at a time. So you can't buy all the custom eggs in stock.

Custom egg | Cost: 1 Rare pet Image

In stock: 2
Due to the demand, the prices for custom eggs have changed and will now cost one rare pet to purchase.

Here is the form to fill out when getting a custom Puffbird.
[b][size=150][color=#BF4040]I want a custom Puffbird![/color][/size][/b]
[b]Do you have a Custom Egg?[/b]
[b]Referance:[/b] (Optional)
[b]Colouring:[/b] Be detailed please. Giving hex colour codes is optional.
[b]Eyes:[/b] (Closed eyes or open eyes, eye lashes or no eyelashes.)
[b]Common features:[/b]
[b]Uncommon features:[/b]
[b]Rare features:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Customs in progress:

1. Nannernanner07 // Form

The User and Inventory Archive shows the inventories of all users, how many Puffpoms they have in the bank, and what Puffbirds they own. With the Brood and Item Archive, you can see every single Puffbird and item released, when they were released and who owns what.

To breed Puffbirds, you first need a Breeding Potion. You can find Breeding Potions in the shop. Puffbirds take around a week to breed and hatch new offspring. There will be two to four offspring in one breeding, due to demand, breedings will result in one to two Puffbirds and all offspring will go to the owners of the two parent Puffbirds. Puffbirds don't have genders, so any Puffbird can breed with any other Puffbird. The offspring will look like a mix of both parents, and will likely have their features too. Common traits are more likely to be passed on than uncommon and rare traits. One user may only breed one pair at a time. Breedings take up breeding nests. Breedings are closed when there are no more free breeding nests.
Fill in the form to request a breeding.
[b][size=150][color=#BF4040]I want to breed my Puffpoms![/color][/size][/b]
[b]Do you have a breeding potion?[/b]
[b]Puffbird 1:[/b]
[b]Puffbird 2:[/b]

Breeding nest 1

User: f1owercrown
Pik
Grayscale

Coming back: 6th September 2017
Number of offspring: Two

Offspring art not done yet!

Breeding nest 2

User: schnoodle.
Casper
Lafayette

Coming back: 8th September 2017
Number of offspring: Two

Breeding nest 3

Breeding nest 4

Breeding nest 5

User: GummiiBirdii
Cocoa
Phoenix

Coming back: 7th September 2017
Number of offspring: One

ImageImageImageImage

The Meadow --- The Forest --- The Pond --- The Snow
Exploring locations have been added!

Between 10-35 Puffpoms
Very common

Random clothing item
Common

Random potion
Uncommon

Random Puffbird
Rare

Custom egg
Rare

Here you can send any one of your Puffbirds to explore! It may come back with some Puffpoms, items or maybe even a new friend! Items and Puffbirds can vary depending on where you choose to explore, so pick carefully.
There are currently four places to explore, The Meadow, The Forest, The Pond and The Snow! You may only send out one Puffbird out to explore at a time. Exploring takes one week. Please fill in this form to send out a Puffbird to explore.
[center][size=150][color=#BF4040][b]I want to send my Puffbird out to explore![/b][/color][/size][/center]
[b]Location exploring:[/b]
[b]Puffbird:[/b]
[b]What are you hoping your Puffbird will return with?[/b]

Puffbirds out exploring:

Exploring The Pond!

Name: Riptide
    Owner: unris
    Date returning: 6th September 2017

Exploring The Pond!

Name: Foxie
    Owner: Nannernanner0
    Date returning: 7th September 2017

Exploring The Forest!

Name: Leafy
    Owner: GALAXEH
    Date returning: 8th September 2017

Exploring The Forest!

Name: Angel
    Owner: SleepyAngel
    Date returning: 7th September 2017

This is our staff team for the Puffbirds adoption center! If you interested in becoming a staff member, feel free to PM me (Chicken Bron) and I'll see what I can do for you :)

Chicken Bron // Inventory // Date Joined: 20th August 2017

This_random_person // Inventory // Date Joined: 21st August 2017

Corgii. // Inventory // Date Joined: 23rd August 2017

GALAXEH // Inventory // Date joined: 27th August 2017

schnoodle. // Inventory // Date joined: 3rd September 2017

PM me if you are looking to affiliate, and i'll put one of your stamps here in exchange for a Puffbird one on yours!
Image Image
ImageImage

Official Puffbird stamps!
Image ImageImage
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/rbvik3K.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/O64bCjJ.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/zkgs395.gif[/img][/url]

This is my first time managing a species, sorry if things seem really weird ;-; I will try my hardest to make this the best I can be. Thanks for taking the time to read this tiny text that most people will miss.
    For your rewards, I give you this amazing gif, enjoy.
Last edited by Chicken Bron on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 125 times in total.
Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: PUFFBIRDS | Grand Opening!

Postby souldier » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I want to adopt a Puffbird!

Brood: Grand opening
Codeword: Ribbon
Puffbird number: 5
Why you want to adopt this Puffbird? I love birds, And all things fluffly, these birds are such a good idea!
I would like to adopt this birb and keep her and love her forever c:
Choose a name for your Puffbird Harriet
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ParaKitty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Puffbird number: 6
Why you want to adopt this Puffbird? These are absolutely adorable!
Choose a name for your Puffbird Melvin

Hello there c:
Capricorn sun & moon
Physically & mentally tired
Have a good day ♥

ParaKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:51 pm

nzbirdnerd wrote:

Why you want to adopt this Puffbird? I love birds, And all things fluffly, these birds are such a good idea!

Congratulations! You are the new owner of Harriet! Thank you so much for taking the time to adopt ^^
Code:
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/l41of34.png[/img][/url]

Image Image Image

| Them/They | Demisexual | Scorpio | Topaz | Glass Animals | Roleplayer |

Hey there! I'm Chicken Bron, but you can just call me Bron! I currently live in Australia in the suburbs. As you can tell by now, I'm obsessed with chickens, and just birds in general! My faves have to be chickens, pigeons, turkeys and emus. I also have a deep fascination for genetics, and I weirdly love to study it in my free time. I hope to one day be a chicken or pigeon breeder, where my two favourite things collide. I'm also a big roleplayer, and love joining in on roleplays!

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:11 pm

bump :>

Image Image Image

Hey there! I'm Chicken Bron, but you can just call me Bron! I currently live in Australia in the suburbs. As you can tell by now, I'm obsessed with chickens, and just birds in general! My faves have to be chickens, pigeons, turkeys and emus. I also have a deep fascination for genetics, and I weirdly love to study it in my free time. I hope to one day be a chicken or pigeon breeder, where my two favourite things collide. I'm also a big roleplayer, and love joining in on roleplays!

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Chicken Bron wrote:
nzbirdnerd wrote:

Congratulations! You are the new owner of Harriet! Thank you so much for taking the time to adopt ^^
Code:
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=3558847][img]http://i.imgur.com/l41of34.png[/img][/url]

Aaaah thank you so much!!
I love her!!
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 pm

Image Image Image

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 pm

Image Image Image

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:36 am

Image Image Image

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chicken Bron » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Image Image Image

Chicken Bron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me