Beranhund Genetics.

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Beranhund Genetics.

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:23 am

All information provided was found here and here

Dog Coat Colors and Patterns in Beranhunds.
    Red a coat color generally known as tan. can come in many shades.
    Black self explanatory.
    Blue/slate is a dilute color of black. seen as a gray color.
    Chocolate/Liver a coat color that is typically brown.
    Isabella/Fawn the dilute coloration of chocolate/liver

Mask a pattern in which the muzzle and perhaps as far back as the ears are pigmented by eumelanin, resulting in a black or brown face
    Tan points Generally the pointed areas of the dog are turned red through the a locus.

Brindle a pattern of alternating stripes of darker than that of the base color, i.e. yellow and black, red and black, cream and grey, etc.
    Harlequin a coat color pattern of ragged spots on a white background. it is a merle modifier
    Sable when a red dog has hair that is banded in black on its ears, back, and sometimes face.
    Merle a pattern which reminds one of marble in which the melanin pigment is swirled and patchy amongst many white areas
    Piebald when a dog has four white feet, chest and tail. piebald generally comes in a variety of coverage.
    Irish Spotting a pattern of white markings that include white undersides, a white blaze and usually a white collar
    Roan a pattern of intermingled white and colored hairs on some part of the body
    Ticked a pattern of many small pigmented spots on a white or roan background
    Urajiro The off white color seen on most red colored dogs. generally a lighter coloration [ ex. shiba inu ]
Last edited by eleutheromania on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:24 am

Geno Series Orders ;;
    E series, K series, B series, D series, A series, G series, M series, H series, S series, T series, X series, Z series.

E series … Helps to determine which areas of the coat can (and do) produce eumelanin (black/blue/liver/isabella) and which can (and do) produce phaeomelanin (red).
    EᵐEᵐ/EᵐE/Eᵐe - masked
    EE/Ee - normal extensions
    ee - recessive red
K series … determines if phaeomelanin will show in the A series which is dependent on this series.
    KK/Kk - dominant black (solid black, no red)
    kk - recessive non-black (will still have black nose pigment and may have black markings, but may also have red markings too)
    kᵇʳkᵇʳ/kᵇʳk - brindle ( not found in beranhunds )
B series … The liver gene affects eumelanin (black pigment) only. All of the black in the coat will be turned to liver (brown) when a dog is bb in this series.
    BB/Bb - black nose, black based dog.
    bb - liver/chocolate nose, chocolate based dog.
D series … Dilution changes the color of the canine and works alongside the B locus. A black dog will become blue (aka slate) and a liver (chocolate) dog becomes isabella (aka lilac).
    DD/Dd - no dilute
    dd - dilute
A series … The agouti series controls which cells produce eumelanin. Will only show if the K locus is recessive. In list of dominance.
    AʸAʸ/AʸAʷ/AʸAᵗ/Aʸa - sable
    AʷAʷ/AʷAᵗ/Aʷa - agouti wild type ( may lightened as canine ages )
    AᵗAᵗ/Aᵗa - tan points ( Red (tan) appears as pips above the eyes, on the sides of the muzzle extending to the cheeks, as pips on the cheeks, on the front of the neck just below the head, as two triangular patches on the front of the chest, on the lower legs and feet (and inside of the legs), and as a patch underneath the tail (and sometimes along the bottom edge of the tail too). )
    aa - recessive black ( dog is entirely black )
G series … Greying gene, like dilution, affects eumelanin (black and liver). However, unlike the dilution gene it doesn't actually affect the nose or eye colour, it is progressive (so a dog with greying is born solid black or liver and becomes lighter as it gets older)
    GG/Gg - greying
    gg - non grey
M series … The merle gene dilutes random sections of the coat to a lighter colour (usually grey in a black-pigmented dog), leaving patches of the original colour remaining.
    Mm - merle
    mm - non merle
H series … The harlequin modifier turns the areas between the dark patches on a merle into pure white (occasionally with some grey ticking or patches). This means a blue (black) merle will become white with black patches, because all the grey in its coat is turned to white.
    Hh - harlequin
    hh - non harlequin
S series … white areas on a canine
    SS - no white
    sᵖsᵖ - piebald / maximum white
    Ssᵖ - minimal white
    sᶦsᶦ - max irish spotting
    Ssᶦ - min irish spotting
T series … Ticking is flecks or spots of colour on white areas. It can occur on any white area on a dog, so long as the white is "real" white
    TT - ticking
    Tʳ - roan
    TTʳ - roan with ticking
    tt - clear white
Urajiro series … Appears as white points, usually on a red dog. The points are located in roughly the same places as on a tan-pointed
    XX/Xx - non urajiro
    xx - urajiro
Z series … This locus decides the type of tail.
    ZZ/Zz - standard
    zz - short
Last edited by eleutheromania on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 am

Oddities

somatic mutation …
    is a mutation that occurs in the body cells after the embryo has begun to form. Cells are divided into two categories - germline cells (i.e. gametes - sperm and eggs) and somatic cells (all other body cells)
    x
Vitiligo …
    A condition where the skin/coat cells stop being able to produce pigment over the course of months or years, causing areas of white x
Snowflake …
    There are small white spots on the coat, almost like ticking in reverse. These dogs look like they have been sprinkled with snow or white paint. x
Seal …
    Seal colouration makes black dogs appear brownish (with the nose remaining black), varying from a slight brown cast to a shade almost as light as liver. There is often a black stripe down the back, and the legs and tail generally remain darker than the main part of the coat. Seal dogs are born brownish whereas bronzing develops with age.
Grizzle …
    With the red/tan in the coat turned to white, these dogs are left with just liver shading (tipping/banding) on white.
Penciling …
    black hairs located on the tan. x
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:54 pm

Species Specific Genos
These genes are being discovered as the species grows more popular. Discovered genes are listed here and will be added to future genotypes of new Beranhunds. These genes are recessive and cannot pass unless bred to the same pattern. second generations will carry the genes. Outside of the short hair variant, these patterns will not show on merle/harlequin dogs.

Patchwork- this is a pattern now found in beranhunds that is similar to the pattern that african while dogs have. x
-- will be depicted as pᵗpᵗ, will only show in its recessive form.

Leopard Spots- a pattern where the spots are irregular in size and show up on the entire body. x
-- will be depicted as lˢlˢ , will only show in its recessive form.

Short Hair - is recessive and rather new to the breed.
-- will be depicted as fˢfˢ , will only show in its recessive form.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me