A 'How To' Guide to Trading

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby DisabledLlama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:08 pm

I've seen a lot of people ask, 'How do I make a trade?', so I thought I'd make a tutorial/guide for it. I havn't seen any others, so...

So, you've been surfing the Free Adoptions or Trade forum, and see that there is a pet you want up for adoption/trade. The person has said, 'Send me a trade with the pet you want, it'll be easier.' and you're stuck thinking, 'How do I do that?!'

There are three ways of starting a trade. I'll go through them separately in the next post.

I'm not going to go on about trade fairness, because you can find that in the 'Guide to making the perfect trade by Poblakiwi'.
Last edited by DisabledLlama on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DisabledLlama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Part 1 - Via the Trading Center
FYI: You need to know who you want to trade with first.
At the top of every page on the site, in the navigation bar (nav-bar), there is a link labelled 'Trades'.

Once you've clicked on that, the following page displayed will be where you choose who to trade with.
After you have entered in their name, click 'Start Trade!'

Most people have set of rule (or guidelines) that they'd like you to follow when trading with them. Sometimes, they will be a bit TL;DR (too long; didn't read), and sometimes they will be short and to the point.

Either way, it is best that you read them. You might just end up in the rant thread if you don't.
If you don't want to read their rules, then it's best to not trade with that person.

Now comes the fun part; adding pets.
To add pets, simply click the 'Add pets' button.

An applet will load, like so:
Nick has a trades group, so I would only make an offer for a pet from that group. (Further explained in the 'Guide to making the perfect trade'.)
So, to add a pet, click the link beneath the pet you wish to add to the trade. Once the pet is added to the trade, it will fade slightly (as seen above).

Then add the pets that you would be giving in return via the same process. You can add Items to a trade as well, by clicking the 'Add more items' link.

Part 2 - Via a Profile Page
You can also get to the 'Edit Trade' page by click the 'Trade with me' link on the chosen persons profile.

Or straight from a post they have made in the forum.

Part 3 - Via a Pet Page
Quite a few people have groups set up within their pets specifically for trading. You can find most of the pets they are willing to trade in this group.

At the bottom of the pet page, there is a link called 'Make a trade offer for this pet...'.

Sometimes, the group may be wishlist only, and so you wont be able to see the link on the pet page.
The group needs to be open to all offers for you to see the link on the pet page.

That will to take you to our good friend, the 'Edit Trade' page.

Just like before, read their rules (if there are any), add the pets you are willing to trade for theirs.
Then, to be nice, put in a message. If you leave it blank, they might get confused as to why you are making the offer.

At the end of all that, click the pretty little 'Send the trade now' button, and your trade will be sent.
You can cancel it in the Trading Center if you want.

Well, that's it for this guide. Have fun with your trading. *waves*
Last edited by DisabledLlama on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A 'How To' Guide to Trading - PART 2

Postby DisabledLlama » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:40 pm

.... Doopdedoo.
Last edited by DisabledLlama on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
DisabledLlama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A 'How To' Guide to Trading

Postby Princess Luna » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:11 am

YES! *cheers*

Finally a new guide, that isn't just spamming <3
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupine Moon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:40 pm

Very nice, I especially like how it talks about that funny thing called "reading their trade rules". Funny how many people never seem to comprehend that.
Every mile, a memory
Every song, another scene
Like some old movie going back in time, you and me♫
-In Loving Memory Of Chloe-
My Black Lab Baby

ImageImage

<3 It's people like you that make me love life iBrevity...I'll never forget your kindness <3
Lupine Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Gorgon » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 am

Lupine Moon wrote:Very nice, I especially like how it talks about that funny thing called "reading their trade rules". Funny how many people never seem to comprehend that.

I know, right? :lol:

Great guide!
Space Gorgon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonflight » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:07 am

Very nice! We've been needing a topic like this, even though it seems so obvious ^^'

I'm the example person, yay! X3
I am a retired staff member :3 (RIP blue name, Dec. 2008 - Aug. 2012)
Moonflight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zinc » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:25 am

You win one free internets for your awesomeness.
Thanks 83
~All Pets in the Clearance Group For Adoption!~
Zinc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf-fire » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:01 pm

I love this guide! xD When I joined it took me forever to figure out how to work those evil trading systems. <3
wolf-fire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me