Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Rainbow Paint Wolves [Updates - Pg 5] by Ravendarus

Based on Click to view
Artist Ravendarus [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 43 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Rainbow Paint Wolves [Updates - Pg 5]

Postby Ravendarus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:07 am

banner goes here

What is a rainbow paint wolf?

--Well that's easy! It’s a canine that resembles a wolf and a dog, but prefers to be called a wolf. Its tail acts like a paintbrush, paint and all! Paint strangely grows from its fur. In order for the rainbow paint wolf to get rid of its paint, it needs to paint! An RPW's average size is around that of a Labrador retriever's. They come in many different colors, but not just colors of the rainbow! They can be bright in color, dark in color, and even black, white, and grey. Sometimes they even have powers with their paints, but it depends on how rare they are. Rainbow paint wolves eat anything they feel like really: meat, fruit, fish; it’s all up to them! During mating season, some RPWs will show off their paintings to attract another RPW to them. Their mateship ritual is painting a picture together to show that their love for each other is eternal. They will then mark each other their paint. However, there isn't much of a biological difference between sexes. RPWs can have anywhere from one to four pups per litter!

Announcements
    Important Announcement: Rarity Update!
    Hello all! The RPW staff have decided to change the rarity system slightly. This rarity change most directly affects subspecies RPWs. Please read our subspecies masterlist to see what constitutes each subspecies.

The Old System
    Previously, all subspecies were considered legendary. This meant that even RPWs with edits that technically would be uncommon would be considered legendary just because they were a subspecies.

The New System
    Now, just because your RPW is apart of a subspecies does not mean that they are legendary. Being a subspecies no longer has a rarity. Instead, the rarity of your subspecies RPW will depend on their edits. For example, if your RPW is a feline subspecies who has cat eats, cat tail, and claws, then that RPW will be considered uncommon. Claws are uncommon.

The Constants in Both Systems
    While being a subspecies no longer has a rarity, certain subspecies will still remain limited in when they can remain released. Bunny paint wolves "bunny butts," ghost paint wolves "ghosts," rein-bow paint wolves "reinRPWs," and underworld citizens will remain event exclusive. Therefore, these subspecies may only be released during designated events.

Additionally, the nursery rolling system for subspecies remains the same. You can find it here.

The Exceptions to the New System
    The exception to this is that rainbow paint dires "dires" are to remain legendary. Dires were intended to be limited in amount due to RPW lore, saying that most have died out.
Last edited by Nodell on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am, edited 10 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Ravendarus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 am

Rᴜʟᴇs

General Rules

• Always listen to the staff members!

• Do not attack, bribe, or put down anybody.

• Follow the artist's rules for their adopts, as each may have different rules.

• If you want to mass readopt/gift some of your wolves, please contact an owner.

• Staff will be hired as needed, please don't ask to be a staff member unless we offer!

• Several RPWs may have the same name; there is no longer a one RPW per a name limit!

• Be a good sport! Stay positive and respectful regardless to if you win or lose a competition.

• RPWs may only breed with other RPWs and the breeding must be done by an offical nursery artist.

• You may not trade RPWs for any kind of currency or other RPWs. They may only be gifted or readopted.

• You may not transfer an OC into the RPW species or change a RPW into another species without permission from an owner.

• If you wish to readopt/gift a RPW, PM the original artist for permission to do so or contact an owner if they are no longer active.

• A user is considered to have quit after a year of no account activity, and their wolves may be readopted if they were created after September 22nd, 2014 (when the rule was first made).

• You may trade RPW items for other items, or sell them to someone for paint gems at the orginal price of the item (not above/below). You may also offer paint gems/items for art, with pricing at the discretion of the artist.

• If the artist of your RPW did not say if they were apart of a subspecies or not, please contact them and ask them. If the artist of that RPW is inactive, please contact one of the owners or administrators and ask them. Do not assume your RPW is apart of a subspecies or not.

• RPW designs may only be transferred out of the species with permission from an admin. Permission is usually granted if you want to transfer out a custom RPW you made, or there is a serious situation that makes you want to leave the species. After that, the original artists of the RPWs being transferred will have to be informed. If you transfer your RPW's design out the species, you must transfer them to a non-RPW line set but still give the original artist credit for the design.

Custom Rules

Please go here to record off oekaki customs!

• Regular users must have a token to make a custom.

• Owners may approve of any custom token, up to very rare.

• Admins may approve of common, uncommon, and rare customs only.

• Please cover up customs and send a screenshot to an owner/admin before posting them!

• Approval of customs may be revoked if you didn't follow the rules for the specific custom token and the admin missed the mistake. In which case you will be asked to change the custom or it will be void.

Breeding Rules

• RPWs must have been mates for two weeks before they will be allowed to breed!

• RPWs can have up to seven litters, and must wait a month after their last breeding to breeding again.

• If your RPW's mate's owner has quit CS, you may still breed them! You alone chose the pup's fate.

• If your RPW's mate's owner quit, you are free to get a divorce!

• Divorced Wolves may only breed with slots they have left!

── EXAMPLE: RPW bred only twice, can breed five more times if mate has that many slots left, or more.

• Divorced wolves that used all their slots can have one more breeding if they get a new mate.

• If divorced wolves are divorced again, they won't have any breedings left.

• You may put mated wolves in the pound/gift/readopt them with permission from the mate's owner and original artist.

• If you are struggling to find someone to age your wolf and their ref is over three months old you are allowed to use their ref in a breeding.

Staff General and Custom Rules

• Any runner-ups given out get a .number after them (ex - 200.1, 200.2 . . . etc).

• Staff are to remain unbiased when judging. If you need help call in a guest judge!

• Main adopts can't be children of another wolf. But they can be cousins, siblings . . . etc.

• Runner-ups cannot be given for guessing contests unless the contest has more than one answer.

• Staff may be dropped after long periods of no activity (with no reason given for the lack thereof).

• All staff must inform an owner of a hiatus. Just posting it on the fanclub will not count and you will be seen as inactive.

• Customs need to be posted under the custom thread, not the main adopt thread!

• Every staff member gets to make a custom with a paint mutation. Please me sure to message either me or Snowseph for approval on making one! You are expected to put in a bit of work before you are given this custom slot.

• Staff customs are earned on a monthly basis! Each month you are staff from this point forward you will receive an uncommon custom. The customs can revoked, however, if you don't meet the minimum amount of work required! You will receive a document every month of your activity levels via staff discord.

── Artist minimum - 5 adopts/nursery batches/growths/revamps . . etc.

── Moderator minimum - Will be judged based on individual activity level, message an owner with what you've done for that month so they can approve you for a custom.

Strike System

• Strikes are for any form of bullying, guilt-tripping, harassment, spamming, etc.

• Staff can receive strikes. If they are removed from staff after depends on the situation.

• When banned from RPW's we reserve the right to take your wolves and find them better homes depending on the situation and severity behind your banning.

• 1 strike is a warning - plus you can't adopt for a week.

• 2 strikes is a temporary ban for a month.

• 3 strikes is a permanent ban.
Last edited by Nodell on Tue May 08, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarity Guide

Postby Ravendarus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:42 am

Rᴀʀɪᴛʏ Gᴜɪᴅᴇ

Rarity Guide

• Common: These may be made whenever the artist wishes

── Tail edits

── Ear edits

── One color in paint

── No edits (default ears/tails)

── Hair edits

• Uncommon: You must make five commons to be able to make an uncommon

── Teeth edits

── Weight edits

── Tongue edits

── Claw edits

── Two colors in paint

── Fur edits (manes/back manes included)

── Heterochromia, colored sclera, shaped pupils

• Rare: Rares are saved for events and special adopts, permission is needed to make one

── Horns

── Feathers

── Munchkin RPWs

── Black, white, or gray paint

── Unnatural colored saliva/blood

── Glowing/sparkling body parts or paint

── Taller/shorter wolves not linked to dires or PPS

── Altering the bone structure (to something still resembling a canine)

── Flavored paint or items in paint (ex - grape, chocolate, hearts in paint)

── Other various traits from other animals that don't majorly alter one of the canine-like traits of RPWs (please ask an admin for help if you are unsure, don't assume!)

• Very rare: Very rares are saved for events and special adopts; permission is needed to make one

── Wings

── Halos

── PPS wolves

── 3 or more colors in paint/paint powers

── Extra body parts (ex - eyes, legs, heads)

── Growths on body (ex- rocks, plants, scales, shells)

── Sentient body parts (ex - tail that acts on it's on accord)

── Transparent body parts (it's very rare if the RPW is considered a ghost)

── Power over celestial objects (ex - control of the moon, sun, or other stars)

── Body parts that are prosthetics designed to look like missing parts (ex - peg legs, robot legs)

── Edits that majorly alter one of the canine-like features of RPWs (ex - beaks in place of a muzzle, hooves in place of paws . . . etc).

• Legendary: Special adopts/100s only!

── Mutations

── Immortality

── Dire wolves

── Powers a wolf has naturally not linked to paint. (ex - The wolf is able to preform healing magic without their paint)

── High ranked gods/goddesses (those that oversee everything, not just one part of the RPW universe. ex - A wolf could control the sun, but not be considered a high ranked god)

• Retired traits: These traits may no longer be used on RPWs. They can pass to the second generation of RPWs, but those kids can't have kids with these traits. They are rolled for as very rare edits.

── Body parts that are items (ex - clocks, balloons), with the exception of prosthetics designed to look like the missing body part.
Last edited by Nodell on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:13 am, edited 16 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Ravendarus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:07 am

Last edited by Nodell on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hiring

Postby Ravendarus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:08 am

Hɪʀɪɴɢ

Guest Artists

• Can make five rainbow paint wolves and one custom for themselves and will be a guest artist for two weeks.

• Guest artist customs may only have common and uncommon edits/paint.

• Must make all five adopts before making their custom.

CLOSED

Code: Select all
      [b][i]Guest Artist Application[/i][/b]

Username -

Examples of your work -

Why you want to be a GA? -

Last edited by Nodell on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rainbow Paint Wolves - New Center!

Postby Queen Vivane » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:11 am

A new center, how exciting! <3
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:21 am

Let me just post to have this. cx
New center yay finally. owo
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seawoof » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:35 am

mark :0
seawoof