Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

● Squitsune ◉ CLOSED ● by dreamyEnding

Artist dreamyEnding [gallery]
Time spent 17 hours, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 27
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

● Squitsune ◉ CLOSED ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:18 pm

nurseryarchivefanclubdeviantartshopartist searchbuttons & affiliatesgrowths
main postspecies inforaritiesbreeding & transfersFAQcustomsstaff

Squitsune are mischievous foxes that came from the deep to meet you!
☁ Come see who you can find! ☁

Announcements wrote:☂ A shop deal is happening!
☁●☁●☁
Tentail Growths!
☂ 006
☂ Good Eats! Squitsunes
New Squitsune wrote:Currently Open
022 + 023
Auctions
☂ None yet!
☂ None yet!
Guidelines
☂ Squitsune are a Closed Species. Outside creation is prohibited.
☂ Trading Squitsune for other Squitsune or other OCs is allowed as long as staff have been notified.
☂ Reselling Squitsune for any real life currency is prohibited.
☂ Using Squitsune that are not yours without explicit permission is prohibited.
☂ Gijinkas, accessories, and some design simplification is allowed. Complete overhauls are not.
☂ You may have up to 25 Squitsune. This limit may change.
☂ Squitsune can be roleplay characters and/or fursonas, but only in PG-13 settings.
☂ DO NOT harass staff members about due dates. They are people with lives and if life can keep you away from CS, it can keep them too. Reminders can be sent if a month passes with no explanation.
☂ If a Squitsune receives 2 or fewer complete entries then the artist can extend the competition if they so choose.

Events
The Good Eats! event has ended.
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 72 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Species Background ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:32 am

Species Background
☁ Learn about Squitsune! ☁

Squitsune are a mix of the magical foxes known as Kitsune and Squids. They come in three main classes, Cuttle, Giant, and Standard. Cuttle are a smaller quadrupedal class of Squitsune, Giant are large and mostly bipedal, and Standard Squitsune are the most common and can switch between being on two and four legs.
Most Squitsune have weak weather based magic, linked to this is a cloud which hovers around their necks. Their clouds keep Squitsune hydrated and it can change with the Squitsune’s mood. They usually only have one in a dull monochrome color, the cloud is usually somewhat translucent and constantly dripping with rain the color of the Squitsune’s ink. Giants usually have multiple small clouds around their legs.
They have a usually dark colored ink that colors the tears they’re constantly crying but also their spit, blood, paws, rain, and pupils. When frightened they have a tendency to bust into large amounts of tears similar to squids releasing ink to give themselves cover. They usually have two oval pupils with meet in the middle, but differing shapes have been documented. They also have
three dots for eyebrows and "sandal" markings.

Despite having innards, Squitsune are mainly made up of magic. It heals them when they’ve been hurt and allows them to keep their tentails healthy even when away from water. Most of the magic is contained in their initial two tails and as long as the tails stay intact Squitsune can live for hundreds of years. Occasionally Squitsune will be born with one tail, but it is very rare and makes the kit weak for a large amount of their infancy. The rest of the tails that they grow look different from the initial ones, they can have up to 7 of these grown tails. Squitsune will not form a cloud until their first additional tentail has grown in.

Squitsune will eat just about anything that is tasty. They refuse to eat non-food items and are good about cleaning their food before they eat it. Eating food from the place they were born will usually give them a short power boost too. Kits usually stick to soft berries and plants as Squitsune do not produce milk.

Gender and orientation are just as varied in Squitsune as they are in humans. The pairings they form don’t matter as Squitsune reproduction does not involve genitalia.
The two Squitsune tie one of their tentails together and place an item of significance to them on top of the knot. The tails pop off and dissolve into the magic that Squitsune are made of at their core. The magic reforms into a clutch of eggs. The number of eggs is random but some qualities can develop from the item placed. The parents’ tentails also do not grow back. Meaning that Squitsune can only mate up to 7 times safely. If they try to mate with their original 2 tentails there is a chance that they could dissolve back into the magic that they are made up of.

Squitsune are capable of mating for life but most of them don’t want to. They find platonic relationships more fulfilling and usually seek those out first. It’s not uncommon for close friends to have clutches together as a way to signify their trust in each other. Regardless the two Squitsune will take care of the kits until they can gather for themselves.

Squitsune can take a long time to bond with a human but as soon as they become attached they’re completely devoted. They will protect them and do things just to see them happy. Though most aren’t obvious about it. They will try hard to get along with their human’s friends and other Squitsune but may still prank them or even steal from them if they think their human wants something of the other person’s
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Traits & Variations ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:32 am

Traits & Variations

Uncommon wrote:☁ Cuttle ear ruffles on non-cuttle types.
☁ Patterns on clouds
☁ Additional Ruffles on Cuttle ears
☁ Long Fur
☁ Hair beyond the chin
☁ Large amounts of bright colors
Rare wrote:☂ Ruffles on places other than ears
☂ A "Wing" mutation
☂ Alternate tentail thickness
☂ 1 initial tentail
☂ Beak
☂ Other ink colors

Ultra Rare wrote:◉ Yokai Tails
◉ ???
Regular Traits wrote:● 2 base tentails and 0-7 grown in ones
● 3 dot eyebrows
● "Sandal" markings
● Black/grey ink
● Thin and long tentails for Giants
● Small and pudgy tentails for Cuttles
● Translucent clouds around the neck
● Face feelers
● Shark type teeth
● Always crying
● Small amounts of hair
● Short fur

Pupil Rarities wrote:Image
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:54 am, edited 10 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Shop ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:33 am

Shop
☁ Gather pearls and trade them in for useful stuff! ☁

Woah pearls? Whaaaaaat???

Do not fret! I'm here to explain.
Pearls (Image) are the currency for this little store here. You can use them to buy items that do loads of stuff! The way you get pearls is through:
☁ Participating in events
☁ Getting honorable mentions on adoptions gives you + 150 Image
☁ Becoming part of the staff
☁ Having our button in your signature for a month or more! ( + 50 Image per month.)
and probably other ways! The future is a mystery.
So how do I keep track of my pearls?

Pretty simply! Your balance will be kept up on your archive post! If you start to feel like that number is inaccurate you can also just ask a staff member.
How do I buy things?

At the bottom of this post is a form that you can fill out and PM to the archivist (me) to get what you want! Once you've sent it you will get a response with the numbers from the transaction that looks something like this:
Current Balance: 5000Image
Glass Egg x1: -1500Image
Watermelon Potion x3: -600Image
━━━━━
Post Balance: 2900Image

You then say "okay!" or "woaaah I ordered a strawberry potion" or "I changed my mind, no egg" or whatever else!
Just know that the purchase will not go through until you agree to it.
Well then, whats for sale?

I'm glad you asked mysterious customer, have a look!

Image ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image Image
Watermelon Potion Image Strawberry Potion Image Banana Potion Image Dice Gummies Image
Adds an uncommon trait ◉ Adds a rare trait ◉ Changes ink color ◉ Adds 1 point to one breeding stat.
200 Image ☁ 850 Image ☁ 2000 Image ☁ 50 Image
ImageImageImage
Glass Egg
When filled with magic this turns into a custom Squitsune! But it can break easily, so not too fancy. They also come in different sizes!
Allows for a custom of any type with at most 1 uncommon trait. Can be Giant, Standard, or Cuttle.
1500 Image

Order Form
If this is posted instead of PM'd it will be ignored. Be careful!
Code: Select all
[center][size=120][b]Shop Form[/b][/size]
[b]purchaser[/b]
[url=linktoYOURpostonthearchivepost.com]Username[/url]
[b]ordering[/b]
replace the Xs with the amount being bought, delete anything you aren't getting.
X watermelon potion(s) | X strawberry potion(s) | X banana potion(s) | X dice gummies(s) | X glass egg(s)
[b]If you are buying glass egg(s):[/b]
X large | X medium | X small
[b]optional: these are a gift for[/b]
[url=link to their archive or profile if they don't have a post]Username[/url]
● Does this person have an archive post? ●
yes | no[/center]
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 15 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Breeding & Transfers ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:33 am

Breeding

More information on the actual Nursery Thread!

☁ A Squitsune can only breed 7 times safely, they can breed an additional 2 times at risk of being blanked out.
☁ Squitsunes can only breed with tails they have. A new tail can grow in every 3 weeks, this is our cool down. So if you want to let all your tails grow in and spend them at once that's your choice.
☁ Squitsune can be any gender/orientation/relationship status.
☁ Incestual and kit/adult pairings are prohibited.
☁ One breeding can have between 1-4 kits. Weird traits are rolled for using online dice. (A guide to that will be on the nursery thread)
☁ Do not beg for other people's kits or pressure them into giving up multiples. That's just rude.
☁ Make sure to PM me fates so I can get everyone on their respective archive.

[center][size=120][b]Ticket[/b][/size]
[b]owner 1:[/b]
[b]owner 2 (if applicable):[/b]
[url=linktoTHEIRpostonthearchivepost.com]Username[/url]
[b]proof of agreement (if applicable):[/b]
[url=ascreenshotorsomething]proof[/url]
[b]squitsune 1:[/b]
[url=linktoref]squitsune number[/url]
[b]colors[/b]:
[size=200][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][color=#ffffff]◉[/color][color=#fe8cbb]◉[/color][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][/size]
[size=85]#xxxxxx | #xxxxxx | #xxxxxx | #xxxxxx[/size]
[b]ink[/b]:
[size=200][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][/size]
[size=85]#xxxxxx[/size]
[b]special traits[/b]: Heterochromia | UC!Ruffles | R!Ink
[b]squitsune 2:[/b]
[b]colors[/b]:
[size=200][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][color=#ffffff]◉[/color][color=#fe8cbb]◉[/color][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][/size]
[size=85]#xxxxxx | #xxxxxx | #xxxxxx | #xxxxxx[/size]
[b]ink[/b]:
[size=200][color=#5c3414]◉[/color][/size]
[size=85]#xxxxxx[/size]
[b]special traits[/b]: Heterochromia | UC!Ruffles | R!Ink
[b]item:[/b]
Item description or link to an image
[b]dice gummie(s)(if applicable):[/b]
X on Squitsune X's UC!Ruffles
X on Squitsune X's UC!Ruffles[/center]

Transfers

☂ Transfers can be in the form of gifts or trades. While you do need permission for trades, you don't for gifts. Just fill out the appropriate form and PM it to me.
☂ You can only transfer a Squitsune after owning them for 2 weeks and you can only perform 3 transfers a month.
☂ Nursery fates do not have the 2 week rule applied to them.
☂ Putting a Squitsune up for adoption does not count towards your transfers but you still need to notify me of who won them, just replace the gift header with "Contest"

Gift

[center][size=120][b]Gift[/b][/size]
[b]original owner:[/b]
[b]new owner:[/b]
● Does this person have an archive post? ●
yes | no
[url=link to their archive or profile if they don't have a post]Username[/url]
[b]squitsune:[/b]
[url=linktoref]squitsune number[/url][/center]

Trade

[center][size=120][b]Trade[/b][/size]
[b]owner 1:[/b]
[b]owner 2:[/b]
[url=linktoTHEIRpostonthearchivepost.com]Username[/url]
[b]proof of agreement:[/b]
[url=ascreenshotorsomething]proof[/url]
[b]squitsune 1:[/b]
[b]squitsune 2:[/b]
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● FAQ ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:35 am

FAQ

Why are alternate ink colors listed as a rare trait but have their own potion?

Alternate Ink Colors are on the highest end of the rarity scale, but they're not high enough that I'd call them a "Legendary Trait."
So while they are listed as a rare trait, Strawberry Potions won't work on them because they're more like "Rare+1"
If more traits like that show up I'll make a new category but for now it'll stay there.

Can I use potions on an existing Squitsune?

Sure! Just ask an artist about it and we'll get it all together. Make sure to notify me too to update things.

How will tail growths work?

Mainly on the Archive post, the numbers will be updated every time a tail grows in so you know exactly how many you have! For the actual art of the adopt, the tails will all be colored and merged at the beginning so they can be turned on and off as necessary. If the owner is added to the adopt they can change the number of tails shown and delete tails as used, but it will work more as a visual reminder than law.
UPDATE: We are not longer doing the visual components of tails to reduce stress on the artists, they will color at least one regular tail and delete any they decide not to use, pay attention to the archive for the truth about numbers.

Why is there such a huge risk for using initial tails?

So you can breed a Squitsune 7 times, which is a lot for a CS closed species. But I figure there might be people who manage to go through all those breeding and still want more. So I made an all or nothing option to curb any greedy behavior.

Are the Squitsune to scale on the ref?

Goodness no, everyone's off to make for easy to see designs. Here's some more accurate ranges:
Cuttle: 2ft-3ft tall. Knee height on a 6ft man.
Standard: 4ft-5ft tall. Below shoulder height on a 6ft man.
Giant: 9ft-11ft tall. Towers over a 6ft man.
All that visually is along the lines of this:

I'll add to this as needed.
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 6 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Customs & MYOs ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:36 am

Customs

So you've gotten a glass egg or some other mysterious future thing and you want to make a custom! How do you even go about that? Pretty easily actually!
On the staff list under artists there will be a few marked with ●s instead of umbrellas. These artists are okay with being approached to do customs.
Just send them this form and any other details you want to add. Be polite! They're doing this to be nice.

[center][b][size=120]Custom[/size][/b]
[b]to-be owner[/b]
[b]egg type[/b]
small | medium | large
[b]potions?[/b]
(list any potions you would like to use on the adopt if you have them.)
[b]traits[/b]
(you may have 1 uncommon trait as a base, you can also have basic modifications like heterochromia. You can pick or leave it up to the artist as well! Using potions adds to the amount you can have.)
[b]other[/b]
(colors, motifs, notes, up to you!)[/center]

Make Your Own

Currently to only way to gain a MYO is to enter the staff.
Staff MYOs can have unlimited uncommon traits and 2 rare traits.
A staff member can only have up to 2 MYOs at this time.
The owner and "lead hype man" (co-owner) are not limited by this.
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Affiliates & Buttons ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:37 am

Buttons

If you add a button to your signature make sure to post so we can see and you can start getting pearls for it!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3185608][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/9205/f/2016/285/5/1/button1_by_madehere-daksuha.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3185608][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/228f/f/2016/290/e/5/button4_by_madehere-daldof6.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3185608][img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/721b/f/2016/286/6/6/button3_by_madehere-dakxm9s.png[/img][/url]

Affiliates

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:24 am, edited 25 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

● Staff ●

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:39 am

Staff

Artist | Moderator | Archivist | Treasurer
Some kind of nerd who types in this purple, but also this one sometimes on accident.
Wrote, draw, and came up with all you see here. Also maintains it all. Gains infinite fuel from compliments. Is glad you like the archive.
Will do Customs | Will do Nursery Breedings | Will Grow Kits

Artist | Moderator | Co-Owner
Probably checking all the threads right now.
Types in this color because the gender binary is a lie. Way too modest about his art and can't take a compliment, we all still love him anyway (and his sweet art skills)
Will do Customs

Guest Artist
Been here since we first posted and everytime they post the owners meltdown from pure joy.
Super sweet and a good person A+
2/4

Staff Benefits

What do I get if I become an artist?

A few things!
☁ 1 custom slot
☁ +300 pearls a month
☁ Can tell me when I'm being dumb over Discord
☁ Gets to make Squitsune whenever they want and with almost any traits! (UR traits have to be approved and limits may be set down to prevent oversaturation of traits.)
☁ Other stuff probably!
Neato right? Go enter now!
Last edited by dreamyEnding on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 17 times in total.
dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP Future closed species

Postby dreamyEnding » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:56 am

Marking is cool now.
about wrote:Liv