Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Closed by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

by Hail.

Closed

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 pm

-
-

Nursery --- Fanclub --- Market --- Archive --- Help --- Deviantart
Referral Contest

Available Synnoves
This is updated when I have spare time so please don't freak out if a closed one is up here or if a new one is not here yet as I will get to it soon.
Synnove Number - End Date-----------
#30 - 1/18

-
-
-
-
What is a Synnove?

Synnoves are a hybrid of the infamous velociraptor, spinoaurus, raccoon, and a timber wolf. They bear orbs which glow after being exposed to sunlight for some time, the opacity of the glow depending on how long the sunlight touches them. Synnoves are mostly cave dwellers and primarily live in sunny mountain ranges. They have large, squishy forpaws used for gripping fragile things, and long, honed claws for defending themselves and hunting. They are primarily omnivores, though some may sway towards a certain side. Synnoves stand between five and eight feet tall and can reach a speed of up to thirty miles per hour. They have three stages of life and are only able to breed a month after reaching the adult stage.

Name Orgin

Synnove can translate to A Gift of the Sun in Scandinavian. These creatures thrive on sunlight and often puncture holes in the roofs of their caves to allow sunlight to pass through. It is said that on a festival to celebrate the life the sun brings, the first known Synnove appeared on the horizon just below the rising sun. Since that day, it is believed that Synnoves originate from the rising and falling of the sun, thus earning the name, Gift of the Sun.

Stamps
Imageby LivvyAh

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3148455][img]http://orig10.deviantart.net/8fab/f/2016/290/e/8/sy_by_madehere-daldoei.png[/img][/url]

by HowlingtothestarsImage
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3148455][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/539e/f/2016/338/7/6/synnove_tag_by_howlingtothestars-daql9en.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by Hail. on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 67 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Synnove Adopts - Reference, Anatomy, and Mutations

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Understanding the Reference

The reference can be a little alarming at first, and that's okay, so here is a quick guide on how to easily read and interpret the Synnove Reference.

The color reference is seen in the lower right hand corner and comes in the form of six circles. To start, the four circles beside the largest are our "other" colors. These colors are on the inner ears, paws, claws, and orbs. The circle within the largest circle is the eye reference. If the Synnove has heterochromia, the circle will bear two colors, each taking up half of it on the side corresponding with the eyes. Finally, the largest circle is the primary color reference. These colors are on the body and spine and are to be grouped togeather by their section, though some may be spread wildly about. To my artists, I highly recommend using some sort of order, such as lightest body to darkest body then lightest sail to darkest sail, to make things easier on the adopter. If certain opacities are used, please list what percentage with a line or arrow indicating which color has that percentage.

Understanding Synnove Anatomy

The bipedal anatomy of a raptor based species may not be a familiar one to everyone. To easily understand the way a Synnove moves, it's often best to picture a kangaroo. These creatures put most of their weight on the back end near the hind legs and tail and are unable to sit as a dog or cat would. The main difference, however, is that Synnoves don't hop.
    Anatomy reference images will be created as the species grows and an anatomy thread may even be opened if enough people request it.

Mutations

In Synnoves, like almost every other species, there are a certain few with mutations. How these happen and where they come from is unknown, but we do know that there is often a slight percentage in the mutation being passed down the Synnoves bloodline. To begin, Synnove mutations are ranked into three categories: Sol (common), Cel (uncommon), and Lun (rare). These mutation ranks were categorized by the light source which effects the Synnove orbs the most, sunlight being the strongest and thus the most common and moonlight being the weakest and thus the rarest.

Sol Mutations • Common

Wolfish ears
    Dual Spino Sail
    Small fur tufts
    Raptor tail
    Raccoon Nose

Cel Mutations • Uncommon

Ear Variation
    Tri-Spino Sail
    Slightly extended fur tufts/hair
    Nose Variation
    Minor Eye Mutations (heterochromia)
    Curled, Straight, or Small Horns

Lun Mutations • Rare

Spino Sail Edit
    Canine, Lemur, Docked, and Lion Tail
    Eye Variations
Last edited by Hail. on Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:28 am, edited 4 times in total.

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Synnove Adopts - Rules and Regulations

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm

I am sad to say this, but these are only the basic foundation rules. As the community progresses and more problems appear, new rules will be added in. Announcements will be made with each rule however, so you won't have to check them every day after you know what is not allowed.

General Rules
These apply to anyone posting or interacting within the Synnove Community

•Be respectful and polite at all times. Never harass, bully, beg, or guilt trip another user.
    •This is a closed species, you may not create a custom without a MYO Stone.
    •All CS Adoptable Rules Apply
    •You may not steal, purchase, or trade Synnoves.
    •Do not bribe, threaten, harass, or bully.
    •Do not ask to be a part of the staff or ask for a MYO Stone.
    •Do not claim these as your own species, and give proper credit at all times.
    •Art theft is never permitted.

Ownership Rules
These apply to anyone trying out for or who owns a Synnove.

•As of now you may own up to eight Synnoves, three may be customs. This number will grow with the community.
    •You may not sell or trade your Synnove, only gift.
    •There is a month cool down between gifting to avoid trading or selling.
    •You must own a Synnove for at least a month before breeding them.
    •You may not gift or readopt your Synnove until thirty days after claiming ownership or breeding.
    •Synnoves may go by any gender or pronoun but the must be linked back to a specific gender for breeding purposes, such as DFAB or DMAB.
    •Synnoves may be fursonas
    •If you are offered a Runner up (RU) and do not claim it (contact the artist with the details they requested) then it will expire 30 days after it is offered

Creation Rules
These apply to anyone creating Synnoves (GA's, Artists, MYOs)

•You may not make customs for others without them owning a MYO Stone.
    •Never steal designs
    •Do not change the anatomy of a Synnove. Certain items are alright, but things such as mechanical limbs, feathers, multiple tails, wings, etc. are not allowed. If you are confused or concerned about one just send me a message and I will let you know if it's alright or not.

GA's
    --You may not make your own customs.
    --You may make seven designs, one having a Cel mutation.
    --Your term lasts until the end of the month you were hired in.
    --You may not make customs for others.
    --You may not make a Synnove with a Lun mutation.

Artists
    --You may own eleven Synnoves, four may be customs
    --You may make an non-mutated custom every ten designs.
    --You may make a custom with any mutation every twenty designs posted, these include nursery batches as well.
    --You may make a Synnove with up to two Cel mutations every eight Synnoves you make. These are not stack-able.
    --You may make a Synnove with one Lun mutation and three Cel mutations every thirteen you make, these are stack-able.
    --You may not add non-permitted users into the artist chat room.
    --If you break the rules you will be treated just as any other user and will receive a strike, and even possibly loose your position depending on the rule broken.

MYO Stones
    --MYO Stones of the same type may be fused together to expanded it. For example, two Sol MYO Stones can fuse to form a Cel MYO Stone, but a Cel MYO Stone cannot fuse with a Sol MYO Stone.
    --As of now, only official artist may create your MYOs, but join.me's and pmed approvals are strongly encouraged.
Last edited by Hail. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Synnove Adopts - Staff

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Fanclub Moderators
howlingtothestars - Head Mod
Nursery Moderators
Main Thread Moderators

Staff Positions

Owner
    The owner oversees and works in all positions. They are responsible for giving the final judgment in situations not addressed in the rules and are also in charge of keeping everything up and running. The owner is able to remove and add any members to the team and can also confiscate viscets from banned or cheating users. The owner is in charge of the market and nursery queue. Essentially, the owner is the big boss of all things in the community.
Artist
    The artist is the second ranking position and works in creation, be it main thread or nursery. Their jobs are to create, host, and fairly judge competitions. Some are able to create nursery batches with fair and honest rolls and correct growing times. The artist is also a moderator and can message people who they see breaking the rules. If an artist is uncertain of the rules or if one is breaking the rules, they should go speak to the Owner to sort out any confusion.
Moderators
    The job of the moderator is simply to uphold the rules and keep everything in order. The position is broken into three chunks, though one person can serve in all three if they wish. Their job requires them to have a complete understanding of the rules and to message users who they know are breaking them. If a moderator is uncertain about a rule or if someone is breaking one they should message an Artist or the Owner.
Archivist
    The job of the archivist is not an easy one. They are to keep up with every Synnove posted in the nursery and main thread and have to keep up with who receives which synnove. Multiple people will work in this position to aid in keeping up with this. It is important that the archivists communicate to ensure that one synnove is not added to the archive twice or in the wrong place. The archivist must place synnoves with their correct owner, whether they agree with the judges choice or not. If an archivist is caught sabotaging the archives they will be fired instantly and possibly receive a ban, depending on the actions they made.
Community Member
    This is not a job but is the title for all who post a forum, post on the fanclub, or are engaged in the community in any way. They are not able to create synnoves, moderate, archive, or handle the nursery, but are expected to follow and uphold the rules. If a community member sees someone breaking the rules I ask that they inform a moderator rather than address the situation themselves so we can avoid conflict within the community. If a community member is ever confused about the rules they can contact a moderator, artist, or the owner to receive clarification. Most of all the job of the community member is simply to enjoy themselves. We are doing everything here for you, so please be patient and remember that at the end of the day it is an online website and we are all unpaid.
Last edited by Hail. on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Synnove Adopts - Quick Tips and Help

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Quick Tips

Welcome to Synnoves! Are you new to adoptable species? Well this is for you! These are several subjects I have noticed in my time of working with adoptable species that many newer users question. I hope these will be able to help you adjust to the ways of the adoptable species portion of Chicken Smoothie! If you have any questions, please don't be shy in asking me! I won't bite!

Adopting

Each Synnove has a form shown below it and a certain type of contest. To enter for the desired Synnove, simply fill out the requirements for the form. Occasionally, artists will allow "extras" such as art or small pieces of writing. Snatch these oppertunities! They will often help you win the contest. If no extras are mentioned, you may message the artist to discover what they prefer for it, or you can go with simply completing the requirements.
    The most important part about trying out for a Synnove is that you complete all requirements listed by the artist or else your form will no longer count.

Public Intetaction

Having trouble finding out what to say in the fanclub or to other Synnove participants? Perhaps try something that introduces yourself and a bit of what you do in CS or why you are in Synnoves. Remember to never reveal your personal information!! Another suggestion is to reply to several people! This often shows that you are up for interaction within the community and helps others to accept and welcome you more than when your post contains no replies and ignores the other members.

Breeding

Information not yet available
Last edited by Hail. on Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Synnove Adopts - Affiliations and Gift Lines

Postby Hail. » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Affiliations
ImageImage

Gift Lines

Last edited by Hail. on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Synnove Adopts - Posting Open

Postby Poppycorn222 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:14 pm

Mark
╔════════════════════════════════════╗
Hiya,I'm Poppy! I've been on CS for almost 12
years at this point. I'm always searching for new Warrior Cats
roleplays or 1x1 roleplays
╚════════════════════════════════════╝

Join Riverclan!

My Links
Deviant Art
Toyhouse
Poppycorn222

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby T h e M a r t i a n » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Mark! X3

My toyhouse
My Viscets
My French Warmbloods
My Tolters
Hello Everyone. I am T he M a r t i a n, as you probably have seen, and I prefer she/her pronouns. Hope to meet all of you at some point. ^.^
T h e M a r t i a n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby r.ddler » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:53 am

just gonna leave a mark here =w=/)~<3
r.ddler