What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Re: What Holiday Traditions Do You Have/Celebrate?

Postby Pooniefox » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:15 pm

My favorite holiday is Sinterklaas on December 5th (the guy your christmas santa was based off from actually as sinterklaas' name was english-fied lol) we love to eat pepernoten and unwrap gifts with little rhymes on them before you open them. Aaand beforehand we toss around names to do a kind of secret santa type thing and wrap the gift in something special to your secret santa or to make fun of them a little! (I also love the mice and frogs treats and collect their shiney wrappers lol)

There's always time for Tea
Pooniefox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neverlandzox » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:28 am

In my culture we'd usually have a picnic with the people who share the same surname around every spring. (Or an event where people of the culture go to dance and eat with cultural clothing.)
Otherwise, I'd just celebrate everything pretty standard wise. ^^
Neverlandzox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frøggy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:05 am

I enjoy making "Reindeer food" though it ends up just going to the birds or whatever other creatures are out there, lol. It's basically just oats and sprinkles. Maybe an item inspired from that could be called "Reindeer food" Or something like that, and it would be little oats and sprinkles and what not?
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

██████████████
    ██████████████

───────────────☽─────
    She/They ~ Lexie ~ Straight
    ───────☀──────────☾─
    Heya! Call me Lexie,
    I'm a huge fan of iann dior,
    Polo G, and rap music
    in general. My favorite video
    games are Animal Crossing,
    Roblox, Minecraft, and The
    Binding of Isaac.
    My personality type
    is ENTP-T
    Discord- Floofxy#5669

────────🌣───────🌣────
    SaveTheOceansTHcredit
    ───☀☾────────────────

████████████████████████████
    ImageImage

Frøggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seraphinak » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:48 am

i like to make hot cocoa with onions just to spite my family each christmas
seraphinak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby opalthewolffox » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:43 pm

Every year, like between christmas and new years kinda i think, we make a pig roast of either a big pig leg or, sometimes even a whole pig! It's called Noche Buena, and we make a big feast every time. The most consistent thing in it is the congre (black bean rice) and the pork :) We're Cuban, so we can't really go without the pork bit XD
Theres also two gift giving holidays for us- Christmas and the day of the three wise men who gave gifts for Jesus. My mom always said if Santa forgot something, the three wise men would remember it and bring it for me haha!
OH And when i was little, I used to feed Santas reindeer before Christmas by pouring oats out front of the yard ! That way they always had a snack everytime he brought them over ; w ;
Also, every new years my moms makes a yellow cake with either guava filling or chocolate frosting. There's no reason, we just do it. And we always have some for breakfast on New Years Day after, and I'd be so hyped for it. I can't wait for that part this year!
ImageImageImageImage

Image| v CS-Sona below
Image Image Image Image Image Image
doublehead /cujo - Image + Image- adult - otherkin, plural & LGBTQ - furry - dupes open for trade ! lots of uncommons!
my account is from 2011 but i dont remember anything & have no idea what im doing lol
opalthewolffox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TownsendNumber8 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:24 am

For Christmas Eve, each person gets to open one small gift, in the past it has normally been books.
I intend to keep up that tradition in the future, because when you cant sleep from all the excitement, a book is the best. :D
Yeet, Am I Right?
Im getting too old for this
TownsendNumber8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheVixen&TheRaven » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:37 am

My family does most of the standard Christmas stuff like cookie decorating, leaving them out for Santa, throwing reindeer food onto the snow, opening one gift each on Christmas Eve. We also always make paper chains to hang across the ceiling as decoration in rainbow colors. We usually like to end the day by drinking hot cocoa and eating cinnamon sugar toast.

When I do Christmas at my place, I always make sugar cookies bars and set on a simmer pot with spices, apples, and oranges that will turn into apple cider by the end of the day. I also love making advent calendars for my boyfriend. This year I did 24 different flavors of popcorn!

When I go to Christmas with my boyfriend's family they always play steal a gift, which is pretty fun. They also like to sing The 12 Days of Christmas with different groups being assigned different parts to sing until we finish the song. Last year he and I were assigned "5 golden rings". It's so much fun.

All images are fromhttps://www.glitter-graphics.com/faq/ which allow the use of images on sites like these for personal use.
TheVixen&TheRaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡Queen Kaya♡ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 am

Every single year one week before Christmas, my grandmother calls all the girls/women in the family over to her house to spend time together, talk about our children's or family member's Christmas list (and what we've actually bought lol) and also to..
Bake candies and cookies.
That's the whole gist. We go out, buy a bunch of ingredients, come back to her house and whip out my great-grandmother's candy recipes that she wrote with a typewriter back in the 40's, and spend the next 6 hours baking. We make anything from fudge, to Divinity, to Martha Washington's, to Millionaires, and just all kinds of old candy recipes.
Those recipes have been falling apart over the years however, so we've just recently (as in this year) started bringing our own candy recipes and retyping the old recipes that still work with the ingredients and tools we have now.

--These candies also get stored and served at Christmas the following weekend LOL
🎂♡ Image ♡ 🎂

♡Queen Kaya♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby funnymen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:06 am

chinstmas :shock:
-t
funnymen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schindler » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:26 pm

I trade PETS ONLY! When my pets are old enough, I sort through them to see which I am going to put into my Trades group.
Please be aware that I am an older player and am usually busy, so don't wig out if I don't get back to you for a while.
Schindler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me