Create A Shelter • [ Volume One ]

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

bayleaf animal shelter • introduction

Postby acronymm » Sun May 10, 2020 11:27 am

shelter name; bayleaf palms animal shelter [B.P.A.S]
location; bayleaf palms animal shelter, or just bayleaf palms, is located on the lovely beach of bayleaf. there are not many surrounding places, you must drive a couple of miles to reach civilization. the land is lush and green, a variety of plants and flowers grow out there, and where the grass fades away, the sand and ocean replace it! trees act as a natural shade, although shelters will be put in place. bayleaf palms is a large, three story building. a cozy building it is, even it is a little run-down. i plan to restore it to it's former beauty, though! surrounding the building, are large yards and pastures for all different animals. different fence types, for different animals. each yard/pasture is over five acres. since this building came with a couple hundred acres, i plan to utilize it for different things. the wooded parts, i will make trails so the dogs and i can walk through, even the horses! around and through the ocean waters though, i will be sure to put a larger, not so obvious fence, so the dogs do not injure themselves swimming or frolicking in the deeper waters, and to keep marine life away. the crystal blue shallows, and clean beach sand is open for the dogs though! the location of bayleaf palms is beautiful, and a paradise for me. i will be living on the second floor. first floor will be the cat area, and the felines will have access to the outside world of course. third floor will be a place for storage, finally! everything essential will be provided, toys, water, food, shelters for all animals, blankets, access to both the outdoors and the inside, and more. the equine section will have sturdy wooden posts, run through with electricity and electric fences, so they are safe. the canines will have large chain link fences, small enough holes so any puppies or little dogs can't get through, and tall enough so no big dogs can't jump over. i will also have a small barn with stables, and some inside kennels, along with agility courses set up!
species; dogs, cats, barn animals [horses]
mod; whoever!
why i should open up; ''i described above all of what i will be doing and providing to help these animals. i want to give them the best time possible, before they go to their new homes and live the rest of their lives with caring families. i would really enjoy being around more animals again, since i just moved here.'' i said to the landlord, trailing a finger over the pages i typed up. ''it's always been a dream to help out animals and rehabilitate them. so many animals out there need help. i would be able to live on the property too, very helpful as i could keep a close eye on everybody.'' i finish, shuffling my feet on the floor nervously. i hope that was a good enough description and explanation, a thought drifts into my head as i gaze at the landlord, my eyes wide.
Last edited by acronymm on Thu May 14, 2020 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create A Shelter • [ Volume One ]

Postby LooneyLani » Sun May 10, 2020 1:31 pm

Situated in the middle of vast sprawling hills, half covered in tall oaks stretching high above the ground, sits a seemingly small wooden structure. Upon travelling closer the shelter is actually quite a bit larger and spacious inside, and is decorated neatly with various plants and flowers and bright splashes of paint. The main shelter house itself isn’t very interesting, the owner residing upstairs to look over the rest of the property. There’s another structure close by the main building with cute paw prints painted on the front wall, the cozy space houses the rescue felines in a setting almost similar to that of a cat cafe. The main section is opened to all the cats and has comfortable carpeted flooring and various toys, scratching posts, and bedding strewn around with space for possible adoptees to sit around. Off to the side is a corridor leading to individual cat condos for the felines to safely hide away when they’d like to be alone- each condo for a specific cat and sporting all their information on leaflets taped to the one-sided glass doors.
In the opposite direction from the main house is a similar building to the cat shelter, though a little larger and including a spacious fenced off paddock of sorts in the back. This shelter specifically houses the canines and gives ample space for individual kennels, each given a doggy door of sorts that leads out to outdoor areas littered in various toys, outside bedding, and even some with small kiddy pools. The kennels themselves have room for the dogs to hide away out of site when they feel overwhelmed, space for potential adoptees to step inside and meet the dogs hands on, and some more toys and inside bedding. Similar to the cats, information of the individuals can be found taped to their kennel doors. The last shelter on the property sits behind the main house, while the building itself is smaller than both feline & canine’s, the sprawling paddocks beyond give the shelter a vast amount of space. Inside merely seems to be a waiting area of some sorts with space for adoptees to sit, information leaflets on the desk, and then a sliding door leading outside to the paddocks. Out here roams rescued cattle, goats & sheep. The owner prepared the land for the retired farm animals to rest and seemingly live out the rest of their days in peace, left to frolic and live as they wish. However they are open to be adopted by caring farmers who will give the animals a better home, and not send them off for meat or other produce. All the animals are given bedding, various toys, more than enough space to play and roam, constant access to the outdoors, fresh food & water, and daily walks. Evergreen Shelter offers the best they’re able to; acting as a second chance haven of sorts for the neglected, unwanted, and no longer needed animals to find a comfortable home to live until the shelter finds suitable forever homes.

“Why do I want to open this shelter? Well, I think everyone’s heard of second chances, and why can’t that be extended to our non-human companions? The animals deserve just as much respect and opportunities for a good, safe home as we ourselves receive. There’s been too many times I’ve witnessed or heard of some poor animals kicked to the streets or sent off to be ‘dealt with’ when people become too tired or strung out to properly care for them. Those animals deserve a loving place to stay and a second chance to find a forever home where they’ll be treated as they deserve to be, don’t you think”?
aussie aussie | she/her | creds
AAARRRRMMMYYYYY borahae <3
existentially confused adult

feel free to use my referral code for some extra goodies ~ zqtk734ibl
LooneyLani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

acronymm's replies • [01]

Postby acronymm » Sun May 10, 2020 2:06 pm

✦ welcome, and congratulations evergreen shelter! the landlord has decided on giving you the building to begin setting up your lovely shelter.
✦ in the first few days of owning your shelter, someone has dropped off three of their pets...
✦ a cornish rex, an australian kelpie, and an ayrshire cow.
acronymm will be your moderator.
✦ you have received five coins.
✦ your current coin count is five coins.
Last edited by acronymm on Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

` founding.

Postby w0ah » Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 pm

acronymm wrote:
      BAYLEAF PALMS ANIMAL SHELTER [B.P.A.S]

★ your application has been accepted, and bayleaf palms animal shelter has officially been approved for business!
        ↪ welcome to create-a-shelter! i, w0ah, will be your moderator.
        ↪ make sure you have read through all of the rules and information! if you need any help or advice, feel free to pm any of the mods.
        ↪ your shelter starts off with a shire horse, a lakeland terrier, and an american shorthair.
        five coins has also been deposited into your account!
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ starter ] - bear creek animal sanctuary.

Postby w0ah » Sun May 10, 2020 3:11 pm

WELCOME TO THE...
    xxxxx𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘

xxxxxthe bear creek animal sanctuary is a smaller, family-owned and family-run animal sanctuary that has worked tirelessly over the years to grow their name and spread their message. as a shelter that mainly focuses on farm or livestock animals, they gather many of their rescues from slaughterhouses and even situations of neglect. their most common rescued species, being goats, cattle, and chickens, these situations are much more common than expected. they'll only allow trusted customers, such as single families on a farm, to adopt their rescues from their shelter. their name has become well-known over the years, and many individuals praise and look-to the bear creek animal sanctuary for all that they have done to benefit the lives of so many animals.

xxxxxhowever, a recent tragedy that ended in the shelter's facilities burning to the ground due to a fire, the sanctuary had to close their doors to recuperate from the fire. finally, after a year of hiatus, the bear creek animal sanctuary is determined to rebuild and reopen their shelter, as their help and efforts are in high demand. they are determined to get back into the business and save the many animals in need.

xxxxxthe layout of the facilities is like so; the entrance is guarded by a large, iron gate with a long dirt road that stretches onward until it meets the main office-building. inside, there are offices for the employees and a place for clients, such as possible adoptees, to meet and discuss their application. adjacent to the offices, a large stable or barn stands in place to house animals such as the goats or cattle when needed. however, most of the time, these animals will roam the pastures and graze. the pastures are each very spacious and green, providing plenty of room for the animals inside. the goats have their own pasture with a connected shed or run-in for them to sleep during the nights and shelter from the weather. many of the goats are able to be housed all together, but depending on their temperament, there are several other pastures available for certain goats to be housed separately or in smaller herds. the cattle are also housed in a similar way, but more often than not, all of the cattle can be housed together without having to separate any. their pasture is also much larger, allowing for plenty of grazing opportunities. the chickens, on the other hand, have several coops with their connected runs just outside of the barn or stables. housing chickens together is much more complicated, since they have to be acclimated to each other first, so there must be several coops and runs for the separate groups or flocks. the reason bear creek animal sanctuary has its name is due to the fact that its property or land backs-up onto the banks of a creek named "bear creek."

xxxxx"we at bear creek animal sanctuary are experienced; we know what we are doing. we and all of our staff have lived among farms and these animals our entire lives, and we thoroughly enjoy what we do, even including the dirtiest parts of the job. we love tireless days in the sun, mucking the fields, or dealing with the most temperamental animals of them all. what matters most to us isn't the money or the personal gain; what matters to us are the animals and their wellbeing. when we get to see an animal, one that came to us skinny to the bone and malnourished, leave our sanctuary to a family farm that truly cares for their livestock, it's the part of the whole job that makes all of it worthwhile. its become our lifestyle."
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby metanoia. » Sun May 10, 2020 4:09 pm

Image Image
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
↳ welcome bear creek animal sanctuary! the landlord has given you the building to start setting up your shelter.
xxxx ↳ in the first few days of opening your shelter back up, you rescued three farm animals.
xxxxxx ↳ a highland cattle, a boer goat, and a silkie chicken.
xxxxxxxxmetanoia. will be your moderator.
xxxxxxxxxx ↳ you have recieved five coins.
xxxxxxxxxxxx ↳ coin count is five coins
metanoia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ one ] - bear creek animal sanctuary.

Postby w0ah » Sun May 10, 2020 5:08 pm

𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
number of animals: 003 | number of coins: 005 | season: spring
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

- the staff of the sanctuary transport the rescues to the facilities and help them acclimate
- they search for more animals in need of rescuing
- ( i hope this is right? lmk if there's anything that i've missed. )

goats:
        adults:
        dandelion : 30 months , doe
        ↪ boer goat
        ─────────────────────
        kids:
        • name : 00 months , gender
        ↪ breed
          cattle:
          adults:
          whiskey : 60 months , cow
          ↪ highland cow
          ─────────────────────
          calves:
          ↪ breed
          chickens:
          adults:
          winter : 24 months , hen
          ↪ silkie bantam
          ─────────────────────
          chicks:
          ↪ breed

deaths:
        name : cause , gender
        ─────────────────────
          families:
          dam + sire = offspring
          ─────────────────────
          notes:
          • notes go here
          ─────────────────────
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ starter ] montgomery bound animal sanctuary

Postby Katrione » Mon May 11, 2020 2:09 am

the montgomery bound animal sanctuary use to be a state-run animal shelter until they shut down many years ago due to the previous owners passing away. within the last few years, several people have done their part in rebuilding the new sanctuary and making it a more suitable living place for all sorts of animals.

the sanctuary is based a few miles outside of montgomery, kansas, a small country town. the entrance of the sanctuary is a simple wooden arch on a dirt road. the main road goes a mile or two into the property before you reach the main building where the workers will spend part of their morning. a couple of steps away from the main building is the veterinary office where another worker will take care of any sick or injured animals. there is also a large cafeteria across from the main building and veterinary office, where the workers and visitors can eat. next to the cafeteria is a small set of dorms, where any workers who choose to live there can stay in. a couple of miles away from these buildings is where the animals area is kept. since most of their rescues are farm animals, there is a large barn that's connected to a set of stables that is used for a sleeping area. the barn is fenced off from the main buildings and they have a rather large fenced in area for the horses to run around in. the cat rescues tend to sleep in the barn in the rare occasions they choose not to sleep in the main buildings the humans work at. a couple miles away from the barn and stables is a dog kennel where all dog rescues are held. the workers will train the dogs and take them through different courses available on the sanctuary.

"i've grown up watching these animals being abandoned out in the country. that was the original purpose of this sanctuary when the old owners built it. they wanted to save the animals that other people couldn't take care of or refused to take care of. these animals haven't done anything wrong, they deserve to know that there are people who love them and care for them while they stay here with us."
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lani mod replies;; founding

Postby LooneyLani » Mon May 11, 2020 2:41 am

Image©
if i have missed anything, or you'd like some info, please don't hesitate to shoot me or other staff a PM ^^
𐰷 montgomery bound animal sanctuary. 𐰷 name. 𐰷 name. 𐰷 name.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

⋯ congrats are in order! your shelter application has been accepted and the Montgomery Bound animal sanctuary can officially open for business! we're excited to see where this journey takes you
⋯ welcome! i, LooneyLani, will be your moderator ^^
⋯ before we begin, make sure to read through the rules and all the info located on the first page!
⋯ oh! it seems the sanctuary has some new occupants
↪ an english shepherd
↪ a manx cat
↪ a pinto horse
⋯ your shelter has received five coins in total
current coins: five
Last edited by LooneyLani on Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aussie aussie | she/her | creds
AAARRRRMMMYYYYY borahae <3
existentially confused adult

feel free to use my referral code for some extra goodies ~ zqtk734ibl
LooneyLani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ post 1 ] montgomery bound animal sanctuary

Postby Katrione » Mon May 11, 2020 4:23 am

Image©
number of animals: 3 | number of coins: 5 | season: spring | mod: looneylani

-- new rescues are moved onto the sanctuary
-- burr is taken for a walk
-- persimmon is played with
-- pecan is taken for a ride
-- staff members go looking for more animals in need

dogs:
          burr | 24 months | brute | X
          ↪ english shepherd
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

cats:
          persimmon | 37 months | molly | X
          ↪ manx

horses:
          pecan | 36 months | mare | X
          ↪ baroque pinto

Deaths:
Name | How They Died | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Families:
Dam Name | Sire Name | Babies Names

Notes: what do you want your mod to know?*DELETE THIS SENTENCE
Last edited by Katrione on Mon May 11, 2020 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me